4.9
Other Mixers:
KitchenAid
KSM500PSER
KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red

Summary

Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Kneads, Mixes, Froths

Make bakery-worthy treats quickly and easily with the Kitchenaid Ultra Power Stand Mixer. One of the secrets to beautifully-baked goods is the consistency of the batter. Poorly mixed ingredients and chunks can be disastrous. This pro mixer helps you achieve a creamy, oven-ready consistency. It is also designed to mix, froth and knead anything you wish, from bread to decadent cakes. You can set it to one of the three mixing modes and choose out of the ten speeds available, customizing it to whatever you're making.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer is designed to be an expert in the kitchen. It runs on a powerful motor, is made of stainless steel and allows up to five quartz of batter. This means it's powerful and fast, which means it'll get you out of the kitchen sooner. It also lets you mix generous amounts and when you're done, you can either throw it in the dishwasher or wipe it clean.

KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red

4.9

Pros

• Even mixing (39)
  • Heavy duty (36)
  • Capacity (28)
  • Works quietly (24)

Cons

• Heavy (27)
  • Difficult to store (13)
  • Difficult to clean (3)
  • Moves while mixing (3)

• Cakes & cookies (41)
  • Bread (28)
  • Pies (21)
  • Meringue (20)
  • Candy (16)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (35), Avid cook (6)
    • I received a sample (11), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (6)

Great mixer

from New York

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

You can get attachments to make pasta or sausage if that's your thing. We make mashed potatoes in it and people go crazy for them. I heat up milk and add it to the mixer with cooked potatoes, sour cream and butter.

Also great for cakes and desserts of course!

Speed seems to have declined over time and the little button type thing is always falling off. However it's still the standard for serious home cooks.

No other brand compares

from San Antonio, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Looks great
  • Lots of attachment options

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy
  • Loud when mixing

• Pizza

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

This mixer is a must have in every kitchen.
I can't live without my kitchen aid mixer especially when making cookies and cakes. Its like having an extra pair of hands.
Most of my recipes require me to pour two things at once which i wouldn't be able to do with a hand mixer.

BEST PURCHASE EVER

from Destin, FL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

I love to bake. If I do not have my Kitchen Aid Mixer, I will not even attempt. It saves me so much time!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would highly recommend for all your baking needs

from Mesa, az

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

I absolutely love This! So easy to use and clean, can store it under the counter on just leave it on the counter, doesn't take up too much space. It's a bit heavy but it keeps it in place.

In our house, the kitchen aid is mom's best friend

from Troy, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

From the time I was discharged from the Army, where as a cook we used industrial mixers, I have wanted a kitchen aide. I waited thirteen years to get it and was absolutely thrilled to get it. It sits comfortably on the kitchen counter and I love using it whenever I get the chance. It comes with attachments for almost anything. I've used mine with the homemade ice cream attachment. Melted my heart. I would suggest to anyone that enjoys baking and cooking to invest in one. It might be more expensive then most, but after buying multiple mixers that all broke and realizing after buying my kitchen aide I had wasted a lot of money on the cheaper version. Skip the cheap ones you think will compare and you'll save more in the long run.

I would not know what to with out this mixer

from Merritt, MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

This mixer is a heavy duty mixer with a heavy duty mixing bowl. It kneads dough great and it keeps you from tiring out from doing it by hand. It is easy to use and it is easy to adjust its speed. It stays still and does not walk across your counter like some brands will do. My family has been using this style KitchenAid mixer for years. I grew up with this brand and would not change brands for anything. This mixer makes whipping up cake mixes and homemade frosting a walk in the park. The mixing bowl is dishwasher safe and cleans up easily even if it is hand washed. KitchenAid is always coming out with new, fresh colors (makes me want a new one every time I turn around) and the Empire Red is absolutely gorgeous. It is very versatile and can accommodate many attachments - grinder, pasta maker, sausage stuffier to name a few.

Great product

from Fargo, nd

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

This is the best brand of stand mixers. This was much larger than I expected and takes up a lot of counter space. Durable quality and I plan on using it a lot.

very good

from maroc

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity

Cons

• Heavy

nice Kitchen Appliances.I like it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

The best mixer I've ever used

from Rochester, Ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

I got this mixer two years ago and I absolutely love it. I love to bake but using a hand mixer or mixing by hand can get tiresome. This mixer makes it so easy to whip recipes up. Also, it makes it easy for my young son to help me bake. The cover that goes over the bowl with the pour spout makes it so that he doesn't spill when adding ingredients. The whisk and paddle are the attachments that I mix with the most and they both work great and mix evenly. Some cons would be that it is heavy, but because I like the red color, I don't mind leaving it on my counter as decor all of the time. Another con is that it does take some time initially to balance it and make sure that the paddles are at the right height so that it mixes evenly. Once you accomplish that though, you don't have to worry about it again. I would highly recommend this overall.

Kitchen aid awesome

from Dorado PR

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Pro 500 Series Stand Mixer - Empire Red:

Yes, it's very useful, it fascinates me, I can talk to you all afternoon about it and its multiple uses