4.9
KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer

KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.9

It's the boss

We used a Kitchenaid Commercial Series mixer in the lodge where I did seasonal work for a couple of years. It's a big beast of a machine that does several big jobs very well. This is not ideal for individualized servings of anything. Only large batches for this monster.

Mixing Performance
I mostly used the flat beater for cobbler batter, that was what the mixer was used for the most often day in and day out. Every morning the cook on first shift would use the hook to mix dough for biscuits. I got to take on that task a time or three, so I can tell you it works well. And the whisk did get pressed into service occasionally, usually when the owner would make some of her specialty pies. This mixer just plain works well, although we were using it primarily for large batches. We still used ordinary wire whisk beaters to hand mix things like individual servings of eggs. This isn't really a machine you want to break out for small jobs.

It's a stand mixer. Dough gets stuck in the metal bowl if you don't clean it right away, and on the attachments. It's large and needs to be taken apart before cleaning. All of that is par for the course with a large stand mixer. The bowl is too big for most home dishwashing machines. The attachments will fit but be prepared to give over most of a shelf for them.

This is fairly simple to use. Flip up the beater arm and put on the desired attachment, affix the bowl securely and then flip the arm back down. Mix your batter, then flip the arm back up and remove the bowl. The only thing that might represent a hiccup to your flow is that I recommend you stop right there and take the attachment off and put it in the sink to soak. You'll be scrubbing later if you don't.

This is a well designed mixer overall. It mixes large batches with ease and doesn't go on the fritz.

This is a durable machine. In the couple of years I had access to one it never broken down or even gave us any machine quirks to put up with. It just purred along doing its job.

This produce has some drawbacks

While the kitchen aide mixer is extremely useful when creating just about any dish, I find that this product is very hard to move. It feels like it weighs over 50 pounds. It also takes up a lot of space. When you have a small kitchen like I do, there aren't a lot of places to store it. We had to resort to keeping ours on top of the fridge because we don't have enough cabinet space. Getting it down when we need it is very difficult because, as I said before, it is heavy. Other than these two flaws, though, I find this mixer is very useful and relatively user friendly. I use mine for everything!

Some of the attachments can be hard to clean.

Very user friendly.

I love that mine is red!

Love

from Tennessee

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful
  • Stable

• Cooking
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This product is so helpful! It makes baking a breeze! It's so sturdy and quiet; I am just in heaven when using it.

the best product

from DZ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity

Cons

• Heavy

• Cakes & Cookies
    • Meringue

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Purchased this mixer to replace an older one at my workplace. Seems to be every bit as good as the one it replaced, but really the true test comes in time after years of abuse in a professional kitchen. Initial quality is on par with other KitchenAid mixers.
    Would I buy it again? Yes ! All in all, this mixer is fabulous

classic in my kitchen

from Wayne, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I always wanted a kitchen aid stand mixer....but they were always so expensive. At my bridal shower my future inlaws gave me another brand of stand mixer, and although it hurt their feelings I returned it and got this one. LOVE it! I feel like a professional chef every time I use it. The bowl is easy to lock in, the mixer itself is sturdy and can handle a delicate creaming of sugar and butter or a heavy rye bread kneading with the dough hook. Best investment in my kitchen.

top rack dishwasher

Perfect for Frosting

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use my kitchen aid primarily to make frosting for cakes decorating. However it is also extremely useful for mixing dough with the bread hook, preparing fillings and puddings, and mixing savory foods such as meats. I have had my KitchenAid for years and find the durability to be excellent. I have a small kitchen so it is moved frequently, which can be problematic because it is quite heavy, but that's what makes it so durable. After many moves, and hundreds of batches of frosting, it is still going strong.

Mixing Performance
    It is important to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to reach the areas the paddle and whisk miss. However it is certainly able to whisk and mix proficiently. It is able to mix as long as needed without any hiccups. The speeds are all accurate to every recipe I've ever used, meaning, the stir function, stirs, and so on. I almost never use the fastest setting, but I have tested it and it is amazingly fast!

The finish wipes easily, and the bowl is easy to remove and clean as well. I soak the whisk and paddle before to make cleaning easier. It can be difficult to get all the nooks and crannies when using items such as powdered sugar, that tend to coat everything with a fine mist. I do not use soap to clean the mixer itself, just a wet rag, and that does the trick just fine.

I would describe ease of use is straightforward. The speeds are clearly marked, and the paddle and whisk are simple to attach and disassemble.

sleek, classic and utilitarian

Nothing can mess with this mixer. Excellent durability.

Mixes everything I need.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have had the Kitchen Aid Commercial Series Mixer for quite a long time now. I mostly use it for baking since that's what I bought it for. It makes preparing and mixing everything ten times easier, and makes my job so much faster.

I like to use this mixer to make pizza dough, cookies, pancake and waffle batter, cupcake batter/regular cake batter, icing, soups, bread dough, and more. There is nothing that this mixer can not mix.

I would recommend this mixer for anyone who is into baking or cooking and likes to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This makes life so much easier, and it's a high quality mixer that will last me for the rest of my life. It was worth every penny I spent on it. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this is great for you.

Mixing Performance
    It does a great job at mixing everything I need it to like batter for pancake, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, waffles, and making dough. I usually use this for baking and it mixes all of my baking needs no problem.

It's easy to clean because the bowl is detachable. and all the attachments come off easily. You can either wash them by hand or throw them in the dishwasher. The outside of the machine is easy to clean with a little soap and water on a rag.

It's simple to use, and easy to figure out how to set it to the speed of mixing that you need. It's easy to take the attachments on and off, and it's easy to switch them to a different attachment as well. The mixer is pretty self explanatory and you don't need to use the instructions.

It's a beautiful machine, but it's heavy if you have to lift it and put it anywhere else. It's a very professional looking mixer, I just wish it weren't as big and bulky. Other then that I really love it.

It's extremely durable, and well made. You can tell it's a tough machine just by touching it, and lifting it. It's very heavy and strong. I expect to have this mixer for many years, if not for the rest of my life.

• Mixing Performance:

Helps so much in the kitchen!

from Richmond VA

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I LOVE this thing! It saves me so much time and energy in the kitchen. I was dealing with carpal tunnel when I got it, and it saved me so much aggravation. When my hands were in too much pain and stiffness to do much in the way of baking, this mixer came to the rescue. I even used it to shred chicken perfectly - it was just like the kind you would find in a restaurant! I have been very happy with the KitchenAid and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a really good stand mixer.

Mixing Performance
    This does an amazing job of mixing! I have yet to find anything it can't handle.

The one downside to this mixer is that it can be a little tricky to clean, especially if anything slops over the side. However, as long as you have a good eye, it isn't too bad.

I found this very easy to use.

It is so simple and looks great on the countertop to boot!

This thing is tough. I feel like it can handle just about anything I throw into it.

Love this mixer!

from Davis, CA

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Overall, this KitchenAid Commercial stand mixer is a great machine. I use it for large and small batches of just about everything. The only issue I have is that it doesn't seem to get all the batter/dough from the bottom of the bowl. I know that there is a set screw I can use to adjust the beater. But it's such a small issue, I didn't want to mess with the settings.

Mixing Performance
    For the most part, this machine works very well. I can whip cream, mix cookie dough and even make bread dough within minutes. It is very heavy, so I can use it for the heaviest of doughs and I doesn't move. It also doesn't bog down with heavy doughs--very heavy duty motor.

I'm making pizza tonight and will be using this mixer to make my dough. It always turns out perfect!

It's easy to clean. I rinse each attachment immediately so the dough or batter washes right off. The bowl comes clean just as any other and it is dish washer safe. The mixer wipes down quickly. No issues here.

Put desired food items in the bowl. Snap the bowl into the arms of the machine. Push down on the lever to move the bowl to the beaters and turn the mixer on. It pretty simple to use. Once in a while, I have to stop and use a spatula to wipe down the sides and bottom of the bowl. But, I have to do that when I use all my mixers.

It's so beautiful and easy to keep clean.

The motor is so strong! I can't imagine it ever giving up.

It's the boss

from Tampa, FL

Standard in my Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have had this mixer for several years and find it works just as well today as when I first purchased it. It is very sturdy, not too noisy at all, and simple to clean up after each use.

Mixing Performance
    I am an avid baker so this mixer is used very frequently. It has always done the job no matter what I am mixing - cookies, cake batter, whipping cream, bread dough - it powers through them all. Even with a stiffer dough I don't find excessive noise and I don't notice the mixer heating up.

The mixer is very simple in its construction and design which helps make it easy to clean. I put the attachments in the top rack of the dishwasher as well as the bowl. For the mixer itself I use a clean damp cloth to wipe it down and it comes clean no problem. The only thing about this mixer is it is fairly heavy, so it is a little bit (but just a bit) of a beast to move around on the counter so I can clean it from all sides.

Dead simple and everything is very obvious. The level to raise the bowl up and down is nice and smooth and has a large enough handle that someone with arthritic hands would be able to grasp it okay but it's not such a large handle that a smaller person would have any difficulty. The mixing speed lever is straightforward and easy to position just where you need it. The bowl and attachments go on and off with no difficulty.

Limited colours in this model but otherwise it is looks great.

Mentioned before but my mixer has been used a lot and it looks great and performs great after 6 years of work.

A Staple in my Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid Commercial Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I LOVE my Kitchenaid mixer. I don't know what I did without it. I bake at least twice a week so my Kitchenaid mixer stays displayed on my counter, which is a big deal since I don't like "clutter" on my counters. I used to think mixers were a waste of money but now that I have my mixer, I don't know how I survived without it. It cuts baking time in more than half. It mixes easily, evenly, quickly. The various mixing attachment are a bonus. I love my Kitchenaid mixers so much that I bought another one and I use both regularly.

Mixing Performance
    It mixes quickly, easily and evenly. I don't always allow butter and cream cheese to sit at room temperature. My Kitchenaid cuts through and mixes these ingredients with ease. I do not like the fact that it is so loud.

It is very easy to clean if you maintain and clean it after each use. The attachments and mixing bowl can go in the dishwasher though I clean them by hand.

Very easy to use.

My Kitchenaid mixers will most likely outlive me. It is heavy and strong.