Other Vacuums:

Kirby Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The original all in one vacuum

A salesman came to my door with this new Kirby model about 8 years ago as well.  What he didn't know was that I already had two older Kirby's in the closet.  I was already sold on the product before he even began his sales pitch.  I had seen the "Rainbow" sale pitch as well. I don't have that kind of time to go through a whole cleaning of the vacuum process after cleaning the house.  I am a very clean person by the way "OCD" according to my husband and borderline germaphobe.

I traded in one of my older kirbys for the G-six model which dropped the price a great deal. He even threw in the whole shampooer unit at no extra cost.  So if you want to upgrade get the price first then tell them you have an older model and ask how much can they take off for being a loyal customer.

I would not trade my Kirby for anything else but another Kirby. I have to admit Dyson is quite up there though but..... I only need my one vacuum for all my needs.

The Kirby shampoos the carpet, washes the floor, polishes hardwoods, sprays, steams, and of course vacuums.  It converts to a canister you can also use it to air up inflatables and air mattresses in a jiffy and you can suck the air out of the mattress with it as well.

It is a little heavy but I like the gears.  Not hard to push once it is in gear.  The hepa filters are great because my husband has allergies and no dust ever comes through when the vacuum is turned on like most soft bag vacuums. They also have essential oils you can add a drop to the outside of the hepa filter bag and everytime you turn on the vacuum it releases into the air.  My favorite is the cinnamon spice.

I have shampooed my family room and large heavy traffic areas using the Kirby shampoo products.  It saved me a lot of money doing it myself and is quite easy too.  Once you get the hang of all the attatchments - there are a whole bunch to cover all basis of cleaning you can swap them out in a breeze.  I use my Kirby all the time to vacuum out the car. The crevis tool is my best friend.

If I have not used a special feature in a while I will watch the video that came with the vacuum as a refresher.  But after having it for over 8 years I run it like a pro.  I have never had any problems with it at all and if I did there are over 4 Kirby dealers in the area that will service it for free.

IT IS TOO HEAVY AND BULKY.... COMPLICATED

THE KIRBY VAC IS A UGLY EXPENSIVE AND HEAVY. I REALLY DISLIKE IT. IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE NOZZLES OF ANYTHING LIKE THAT YOU HAVE TO TURN TO THE GREEN ARROW AND TAKE THE FRONT PART OFF THEN ATTACH THE PARTS YOU NEED AND THEN TURN THE NOZZLE AGAIN TO LOCK IT AND IT IS A REAL HEADACHE FOR ME. I WILL NEVER INVEST IN SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN. I WOULD RATHER GET ON MY HANDS AND KNEES WITH A SCRUB BRUSH !!!

Our Kirby G2000 Vacuum works great!

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

We purchased this unit with all of the goodies (shampooer, etc.) in 2000 and we still have it and use it. The built in auto drive is a MUST due to the weight of the unit. Cleans well - the shampooer leaves a bit to be desired however.

Maneuverability
Heavy and hard to turn.

Ease of Maintenance
Only a belt and a bag to replace - very simple maintenance.

Suction Performance
Will suck a golf ball through a garden hose! EXCELLENT suction power.

Versatility
Versatility are you kidding me? This is the transformer of vacuums I even blow my driveway off with the attachments!

Exceptionally designed and built like a tank - weighs about as much as one too!

We bought this unit 14 years ago and still use it when we need to do a whole house vacuuming or to shampoo larger areas than our spot bot can handle.

Kirby

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I have been a stay at home mom for the past 8 years so I have done a lot of cleaning. Vacuuming is an important part of my cleaning process. I have been through so many vacuum cleaners over the years. I never found the right one until I met my fiance. He use to sell the Kirby vacuum and he bought one for himself. I first used it when I was cleaning his bedroom. It seemed complicated at first. He showed me how to use it and within a few uses I had the hang of it. This vacuum picks up dirt so well and leaves the best lines in the rug. I love the adjustable settings for the height of your floors. and the fact that there is a light that tells you if its picking up the dirt or not. It comes with a large variety of attachments for other uses. Sometimes I have a difficult time getting the regular vacuum piece back on after using the attachments but the vacuum works so well that the minor issue with getting it back together doesn't take away from me loving this one.

Pretty great vacuum

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

We've had this vacuum since 2003-04 I believe. It's still working in 2013. The only thing I hate was when it would get jammed it was very hard to get it fixed. I would like a round balled vacuum since it's easier to get into the corners and with this vacuum you can't really get the dust from the edge of the carpets. It's quite heavy as well. Overall it's good; it's lasted this long and works properly still.

• Versatility:

Very powerful but very heavy!

from Lewistown, PA

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

Let me first start off by saying the kirby has been in my family for years and years. There are things I like and things I dislike. The things I like are that it is very powerful compared to a lot of other vacuums on the market. But the things I dislike is that it's very very heavy! I have to usually get someone to carry it for me. Another thing is the one I use doesn't have a hose to get into corners and things. Overall though it's still a very good vacuum and I have a back-up smaller vacuum to get into smaller spaces since the kirby is still so powerful and can get the bigger spaces.

• Versatility:

Heavy, inconvenient, not worth it!

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

We had the salesman come to our door offering to clean one of our carpets for free. Was just a sales ploy to enter the house.  I have to say, it cleans the carpets remarkably well, and the shampooer is fabulous.  It is because of the shampooer that I even gave this vacuum 2 stars, it would have been a 1 otherwise.  It's expensive, it's inconvenient to use the attachments, an it's heavy!

This vacuum does suck :)

from Mount Pleasant, MI

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

My husband purchased this vacuum YEARS ago and it still works like it is brand spanking new.  I really like the suction power that it has.  I also like that I don't have to use it very often since both of my children actually fight over who gets to use it when I pull it out of the closet.  The downside is how heavy it is.  I need the exercise but carrying this vacuum up the stairs and down the stairs when the basement needs to be vacuumed is not my idea of a good time.  I wish I could purchase a second cheaper vacuum to leave in the basement but I know that I am not going to find one that lives up to this Kirby's cleaning power.  The attachments take up a lot of space, they fill up my closet in fact and I can't store anything else on the floor.  I prefer to leave the front attachment off since we don't have carpeting in our house so that does make the vacuum quite a bit lighter and easier to maneuver.

I love my Kirby Vacume

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I love my kirby it was expensive but I love how easy it is to use and all the attatchments. I can clean anywhere. After the demonstration of how much my old vacume left behind I was sold. Although the carpet cleaning attachment that is bought seperatly is not the best I wouldnt buy it for a carpet cleaner. I does everything including blow up balloons :)

It is worth the money!

from Monroe, NC

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I bought my Kirby 10 years ago. I am still very happy with it. The reason I bought it was, at the time, I had a boxer bulldog that was shedding hair like crazy at the time and I could not get his hair out of my carpet or off of my couch. It was imbedded. When the kirby representative came and and showed me how to get his hair out of my couch, I had to have one. My sister had one for years and swore by it but I didn't want to pay that much for a vaccum cleaner. After I got my Kirby, I was very pleased! It also has a shampooer. Having a puppy, you really need a shampooer. I have alergies. The bags are hyper-alagentic so that helped alot. You can also change the handle on a Kirby to be a hand held vaccum so you can vaccum stair or even your bed. The Kirby has attachments so you can clean your drapes and even vaccum out your car. When I got divorced, I kept my Kirby and it is still going. It is well worth the money!

Kirby is worth the money, with the life time guarantee

from Portland, OR

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

The Kirby G 2000 Limited Edition is a great vacuum if you take care of it properly.  They are very spendy, but you have to look at the long term, I believe personally.  It's a lifetime guarantee, I believe, and you can't really beat that!  The cleaning power on these are great.  Just make sure that you them updated with new brush rollers, bags, and belts.  These things DO make a difference I found out.

I've owned the Kirby G 2000 vacuum for 7 or 8 years now and haven't had any major problems with it so far.  I thought that it was getting old and not working well anymore for a long time.  Then I finally just changed the belt, and WOW, what a difference that made.  It's like brand new again.  Now changing the belt....that's a task!  I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I finally found a video on youtube on how to change a belt on a kirby G2000 vacuum step by step.  I highly recommend watching it, because you can pause it and rewind whenever you need to.  Really helped me out.   I recommend that everybody own a Kirby.

I love the Kirby 2000!

from Ponder, TX

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I love the line of Kirby vacuums.  The Kirby 2000 is more than your average vacuum cleaner.  This vacuum also is a carpet and upholstery cleaner.  This Kirby model comes with multiple attachments that can clean ceiling fans, couches and chairs, mattresses, blinds and vacuum your carpet.  Whith the switch of one attachment it becomes a carpet cleaner and will shampoo your carpet.  Also,  this Kirby model has a drive shaft.  Just press on the neutral lever for quickly going from one room to another or step on the drive lever to vacuum or shampoo with ease.