4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Kirby Lasts and Lasts and Lasts

We are so happy that our parents bought us a Kirby for our wedding present 36 years ago. It was an absolutely amazing wedding present. We used it for many, many, many years. When it finally gave up the ghost, what did we replace it with? That's right another Kirby vacuum cleaner. Need I say more? We are completely in love with our Kirby vacuums. If it breaks there are wonderful repair shops ready with the replacement part hubby needs to fix it. Yep, every time hubby has been able to fix them. They are machines that just keep on sucking up the trash, no matter what we throw at them.

Maneuverability
Okay I will admit that are big, but they have so much power to get the job done.

Ease of Maintenance
Biggest thing that we have to do is cut off the long hair of our three daughters from around the brush. and replace the belt every so often.

Suction Performance
Suction is great. Even works on old shag carpets!! Yep we still have them.

Versatility
Love that we are able to use it on hardwoods as well as carpets.

Like I said they are a bit cumbersome. But we love it.

Lasts and lasts and lasts. We have only had two Kirby's during our 36 years of marriage.

Requires some money and some muscle

The Kirby Heritage Vacuum cost me a pretty penny to say the least, as is the case with any Kirby vacuum. It works wonderfully. However, it is NOT ideal for two story homes. This thing is so incredibly heavy, it is not worth it to lug it up and down stairs. It's an excellent vacuum, but I give it only 3 stars because with such a high price tag, you'd think the makers of Kirby would find a way to make the vacuum more lightweight.

Kirby Lasts and Lasts and Lasts

Suction Performance
Suction is great. Even works on old shag carpets!! Yep we still have them.

Versatility
Love that we are able to use it on hardwoods as well as carpets.

Like I said they are a bit cumbersome. But we love it.

awesome vacuum

from Mill Valley, CA

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

I love this vacuum, it is built to last, is a carpet shampooer too.Upright , canister, rebuild able, quality machine made in the usa

awesome machine

Ease of Maintenance
a bearing puller, o ring plyers, and a screw driver and silicone is all one needs to do a complete rebuild

better than the rest

lasts 5000 hrs before needing carbon brushes

• Versatility:

It's a Kirby need I say more, except outstanding quality.

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

I have been around the Kirby vacuum cleaner all my life so I know what this thing can do. My parents still use their Kirby that they purchased in the 50"s. And it runs today just a good as it did all those years ago. I think that they improve with time. They are almost indestructible.

Maneuverability
This is the only drawback about this vacuum cleaner, it"s rather large and lumbering. But it gets the job done. And when you consider where it will not go on it"s own, there is an attachment that will take you there,So there is no need for worrying what it may not be able to do it can do it ALL! It is simply a tough workhorse capable of multitasking.

Ease of Maintenance
I have owned my Kirby for about 10 or 12 years and the only thing that has had to be done to it is replacement of a belt now and then. I figure that we have replaced it maybe 3 times, it is always the drive belt and it just wears out from use.

Suction Performance
This vacuum cleaner is virtually the same as it was on the day we brought it home, It continues to maintain a constant of quality that just can"t be beat.

Versatility
I have every attachment that is available with this vacuum cleaner and with those factored in my Kirby very versatile and there is nothing that my Kirby can"t do. It will clean the furniture and the drapes, it can shampoo my carpet and vacuum hardwood floors. There seems to be an unending list of attachments that can be used with my vacuum making it the most versatile vacuum cleaner available..

This is one of the only products that is still available (that I know of) that is built to last. It is a workhorse designed to be with you for the long haul. A tradition in my family..

A Kirby is an investment and it will last you a lifetime.

Kirby Vacuum

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

I love my Kirby vacuum. I am only on my second one since 1970. I would not trade this vacuum in for any other brand.

Maneuverability
My first Kirby did not have automatic drive but the one I purchased in 2012 does, it is so much better as far as ease of handling.

Ease of Maintenance
I have never had to have maintenance on any of my Kirby's.

Suction Performance
This is the best vacuum I have found for suction. I have tried other vacuums and no one out performs a Kirby.

Versatility
I use this vacuum on all my floor. It is also great on stairs and furniture. I use it to dust baseboards and to even vacuum my mattresses. I also use it to blow out the entire house a couple times of year. You would be surprised on how much dust accumulates on lamp shades and draperies.

I like the design. It has substance to it, it is not one of those sticks. It is unique with it's own design.

Kirby vacuums last forever. As I mentioned above I bought a new Kirby in 2012 and this is only the second one I have had since 1970. I still use the older model down stairs, it still works perfectly fine. I bought the new one because it is self propelled and has some new features such as disposable bags.

• Versatility:

It is no better than a vacuum from a discount store

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

I bought this kirby and spent a small fortune for it because I had been convinced that this would keep my house clean for years to come. It actually cost more than my used car when I bought it. It is an OK vacuum but, in truth, it performs no better than a bissell, hoover or eureka.

I used it for a couple of years but it was heavy. If you are looking for a work out of your upper body while doing housework this vacuum is for you. It had great suction for about a year, we clean it, took it to the vacuum repair shop (because we were still paying for this sucker or rather lack of sucker) and they "fixed" it but it never got the power back that it had when we originally bought it.

These vacuums are the Cadillacs of vacuums. Costly to buy, costly to maintain, last a long time but eventually dies. For what I paid for this vacuum and the subsequent repair costs I could have bought about 20 other reasonably price vacuums which meant about 20 years of clean carpets rather than about 5.

Will Last Forever

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

My parents had this Kirby forever, forever being a good 10 years. I remember it was an expensive vacuum. It always worked great, never had a single problem with it.
They gave it to me eventually and I loved it and used it for another 6 or more years. I loved the fact that it was also a carpet cleaner, had all the attachment for carpet cleaning and I cleaned my carpets alot with it as well as used it weekly to vacuum. Would definatley recommend this vacumm. It's worth the extra cost, it will last and last and last and works great. My daughter bought us a canaster vacuum for christmas so we ended up selling the kirby. Honestly, I miss it.

Requires some money and some muscle

from Glendora, CA

Overpriced plastic crap!

from Paris, KY

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

I paid A LOT of money for this and it broke down in 3 months!! The seller I bought from no longer exists and Kirby will not back their product!!! Will tell anyone that will listen to NOT buy ANY Kirby product!!

Made of cheap plastic!

3 MONTHS!!!

Best Sweeper Ever Made

from North, VA

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

Kirby has been around for years. I cannot say enough about their vaccums. They last forever. They are virtually indestructable. I have had several other brands, which when first bought worked like a charm. But as time went on the suction did not hold up to standards. You cannot say that about a Kirby sweeper. It will pull a rug up whether it's brand new or like mine a vintage model!

Kirby is a vacuum that works well and lasts

from Steele, AL

Comments about Kirby Heritage Vacuum:

I've had my Kirby Heritage ll since December, 1986 and its still going strong. I've had no major repairs. All I've  had to do is replace the belt when needed and the roller brush when it wears down which are both easy do-it-yourself chores.  Although my Kirby is the only vacuum I now use, it's not the only vacuum I owned during this time so the work load was shared.  However, I am a  multiple pet owner with cats, dogs, and one bird so each of my vacuums got a good workout keeping up with all the pet hair and scattered bird seed.

What I like about this vacuum is that it does a good job over the long haul and it lasts. Over the years that I've had my Kirby, I also owned 3 other vacumms during this same time and the Kirby is the only one still running. I have found that supplies like vacuum bags, brush rollers, belts and the like are readily available and I like being able to purchase these items over the internet at a cheaper price than what I can get locally.

What I don't like is that it can be heavy especially when the bag starts getting full.  The bags are made smaller now than they were when I first got my Kirby, so that means more frequent bag changes and they are not as convenient to change as with some other vacuums I've owned. Also, my Kirby does not seem to do as well on bare floors as it does on carpet. I've never tried using any of the attachments, so I don't know how well they perform.

All things considered, its the best over-all vacuum I've owned.