I have carpet in about 80% of the house, and the other 20% is tile flooring. I love the Kenmore Intuition Upright Bagged Carpet & Bare Floor - Red 31100 because it allows me to clean my entire house using just one tool, which is this vacuum. I go from vacuuming the carpet in the living room, straight to the kitchen which is covered with tiles. The suction power of the Kenmore Intuition Upright Bagged Carpet & Bare Floor - Red 31100 is great. It picks up the largest of pieces that's on the floor, and the smallest dust that may be on the carpet or in a crack in between the tiles on the kitchen floor. I use the accessories that come with it to clean things such as the corners and the stairs. They are not very easy to attach and work with, but they do an amazing job in cleaning and getting everything out of the small spaces where the vacuum doesn't fit. I love that the vacuum uses bags to store the dirt that has been collected. I hate using the vacuums with the replaceable filter because they are just so hard to clean. With the bags, all I do is take it out when it gets full and put it a new one. It's that simple. My one and only complaint about the Kenmore Intuition Upright Bagged Carpet & Bare Floor - Red 31100 is it's too heavy. I would have really loved it if it was lighter. It just would have been so much easier for me to carry up and down the stairs. Other than that, this is by far my favorite vacuum that I have owned.