3.5
Kenmore
Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer

Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer

3.5

Pros

• Large capacity (6)
  • Adjustable settings (5)
  • Clean clothes well (4)
  • Energy efficient (4)
  • Quiet (3)

Cons

• Shakes/moves (7)
  • Leaky (5)
  • Long cycle (5)
  • Breaks down (4)
  • Doesn't clean effectively (4)

• Everyday clothes (6)
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (10)

A Great Front Loader!

I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this washer. People have complained about mold issues, leaking water from the locked door, and the control board acting crazy. (all within a couple of months of ownership) I personally have had my washer for well over 9 months, and have never had a problem with it. (Fingers crossed) It's quiet during cycles, has a super fast spin cycle, that practically dries the clothes. There's a variety of cycles from super long to short, and you can add if you want a presoak, or a 2nd rinse in there, and it calculates how long the cycle will take to finish. I just bought the matching dryer, and cannot wait for it to get here, I hope I enjoy it, as much as I do the washer.

Not a big fan of this washer

Where to start...You can put a lot of clothes in this washer which is nice.  It said a king sized comforter would fit, but my daughters full size barely fits (it is thick though).  It's energy efficient..how I don't know as my washer takes well over an hour to wash a load unless I'm doing express wash or delicate cycle.  The pedestal doesn't come with the washer and, in my opinion, is way over priced.  Things get down in between the rubber seal and the drum and are not easy to remove.  We had a pair of kids underwear stuck in there and didn't realize it until the drum would barely turn and by the looks of the underwear once we finally got them out, they'd been in there for a long time.  Mold is a HUGE issue.  My garage actually smells bad due to my washer.  The "control panel" lights up like a Christmas tree from time to time and I have to turn off the power and then do another rinse and spin cycle in order for the door to unlock.  My towels have a mildew smell and I've thrown most of them out and had to replace them.  I also don't like the way my clothes come out twisted.  I would not suggest this washer to my worst enemy.  In fact my house is for sale and the washer is included!

KENMORE

from FL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Heavy/Bulky Items

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I LOVE THIS WASHER! LOTS OF SPACE, CLEANS CLOTHES EFFECTIVELY, AND CAN EVEN WASH MY HEAVY BLANKETS

Great washer

from Pittston, PA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I have a large family and this washer does it all plus more. I never thought I would ever buy a front loader but this changed my mind. It washes my everyday clothes. It also does my towels and they are super clean when finished. I will definitely recommend this washer to anyone looking.

I would NEVER recommend this washer to anyone!

from united states

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Detergent holder get moldy
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Leaky
    • Long Cycle
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

• Don't think there is one

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Ticket, check. Boarding Pass, check. Luggage, check. Board the plane and ready for take off!!! This is how I feel every single time I start this darn washing machine. I have had this machine for over 6 years and since day one it has sounded like a jet is taking off in my laundry room!! The noise is horrible. Ok...noise aside do I like this machine ... NO! Not only is it noisy but it shakes like a drunken belly dancer! And if that is not enough, now every time I run it there is a puddle of water on the floor. Doesn't matter what type of load, the water appears like the machine peed itself. I cannot wait to get a different machine. Do yourself a favor....AVOID THIS MACHINE AT ALL COST.

10 years of pain

from Los Angeles, CA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Large Capacity

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Leaky
    • Long Cycle
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

• Heavy/Bulky Items

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

This washer washes well but breaks down frequently. It started after the second year and broke down at least 7 times since. It also has leaked and ruined my hardwood flooring. So we changed our floors 3 years ago. And it's started leaking again a 16 months ago but I did catch it early so it did not damage the floors at that time. We got it repaired again and today, 16 months later it started leaking again. This time it damaged my new flooring. I'm so upset!!! We spent more money in warranty purchase and repair in the past 11 years than a bran new washer. It was a true lemon!!! This time I'm putting it out on the sidewalk!

I have a washer top loader in the garage that is running well without issues and we've had that one for 14 years.

Best washer we've owned

from Englewood, FL

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet

Cons

• Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I am really surprised by the negative comments on this washer. We have had one now for sometime and love it. No leaking issues at all. I was always told that after washing with a front load washer to leave the door cracked open after use. I've done this and never had a mold issue. Simply use common sense and you will love this washer!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!

from Frustrated in Michigan

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
      • Long Cycle
      • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Worse machine ever. It's supposed to be able to accommodate large loads such as several towels and/or a queen sized comforter. No way! With very little in a load it goes into error code repeatedly and the clothes are sopping wet when they are supposed to be done. You have to Rinse/Drain/Spin again because there is no spin only. So much for having a energy efficient washer. Also....a white load takes 2 hours. Literally. That's what the normal amount of time is when you set it to wash a white load. It also says at the end of a cycle that it has 1 minute left and it takes 7-10 minutes (minimum). The tub of our washer is also somehow filling with water after we are done with a load. In addition, the area where the soap and bleach go get nasty with black mold. I clean it often and it still requires a lot of maintenance to keep clean. When it spins I swear the whole house moves. Seriously though.....stuff on our stove moves when it spins. Stay away from this washer and buy something else for your own good.

bad door

from west islip,ny

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
        • Energy Efficient

Cons

• doesnt always spin clothes enough
        • Noisy
        • the door is defective, replaced twice and still

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

it holds a good amount of clothes, cleans well..the door is seriously defective,had to replace twice, at my own cost, and still doesnt stay closed, keeps buzzing without starting..

Never buy it

from Toronto, Canada

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
        • Leaky
        • Long Cycle
        • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Got the He2 dryer as well about 5 years ago and what a bad combo. Dryer just failed thermal fuse and thermostat. Blower housing full of junk because of a very poor design for the lint trap. Washer leaks regularly and seems to get confused with towels or mixed items. Takes forever to do the final 1 minute. Loads often still wet so have to run the short rinse cycle. Hiding the pump screen is also a terrible design. We just leave the lower panel off.

Worst washing machine EVER

from Halifax, NS

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
            • Leaky
            • Long Cycle
            • Noisy
            • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

This is. Most frustrating washing machine EVER. A normal cycle is supposed to take 54 minutes but actually takes 80-85 minutes. Often when the cycle is done, the clothes are still soaking wet and there is no "spin cycle" only So you have to rinse and spin again. Huge waste of water for a "high efficiency" product. I would not recommend this washer to anyone. I only gave it one star because I couldn't post this with no stars!

Repair Headaches!

from Vermont

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
              • Moldy

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Our Kenmore HE2 often stops on the rinse cycle and won't continue. We waste a lot of water trying to get it to work. It's a headache. The inside is always moldy. I expect a washer to last more than 8 years. We are $300 into our most recent repair and are giving up and buying a new machine.