3.5

3.5

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

A Great Front Loader!

I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this washer. People have complained about mold issues, leaking water from the locked door, and the control board acting crazy. (all within a couple of months of ownership) I personally have had my washer for well over 9 months, and have never had a problem with it. (Fingers crossed) It's quiet during cycles, has a super fast spin cycle, that practically dries the clothes. There's a variety of cycles from super long to short, and you can add if you want a presoak, or a 2nd rinse in there, and it calculates how long the cycle will take to finish. I just bought the matching dryer, and cannot wait for it to get here, I hope I enjoy it, as much as I do the washer.

Not a big fan of this washer

Where to start...You can put a lot of clothes in this washer which is nice.  It said a king sized comforter would fit, but my daughters full size barely fits (it is thick though).  It's energy efficient..how I don't know as my washer takes well over an hour to wash a load unless I'm doing express wash or delicate cycle.  The pedestal doesn't come with the washer and, in my opinion, is way over priced.  Things get down in between the rubber seal and the drum and are not easy to remove.  We had a pair of kids underwear stuck in there and didn't realize it until the drum would barely turn and by the looks of the underwear once we finally got them out, they'd been in there for a long time.  Mold is a HUGE issue.  My garage actually smells bad due to my washer.  The "control panel" lights up like a Christmas tree from time to time and I have to turn off the power and then do another rinse and spin cycle in order for the door to unlock.  My towels have a mildew smell and I've thrown most of them out and had to replace them.  I also don't like the way my clothes come out twisted.  I would not suggest this washer to my worst enemy.  In fact my house is for sale and the washer is included!

Worst washing machine EVER

from Halifax, NS

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Leaky
    • Long Cycle
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

This is. Most frustrating washing machine EVER. A normal cycle is supposed to take 54 minutes but actually takes 80-85 minutes. Often when the cycle is done, the clothes are still soaking wet and there is no "spin cycle" only So you have to rinse and spin again. Huge waste of water for a "high efficiency" product. I would not recommend this washer to anyone. I only gave it one star because I couldn't post this with no stars!

Repair Headaches!

from Vermont

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
      • Moldy

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Our Kenmore HE2 often stops on the rinse cycle and won't continue. We waste a lot of water trying to get it to work. It's a headache. The inside is always moldy. I expect a washer to last more than 8 years. We are $300 into our most recent repair and are giving up and buying a new machine.

Absolutely worst machine ever! Always broken.

from massapequa, ny

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
          • Doesn't Clean Effectively
          • Leaky

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Terrible quality, terrible product!

Average performance, large capacity

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I have owned this machine for about two years. In my household we do an average of four large loads of laundry a week: whites, dark clothes (times two), and towels, I have not been especially impressed with this machine and can confidently say I will never purchase another front load washing machine unless it is the only option available to me. Yes, it does use less water than traditional machines. However, I do have to leave the door open all of the time and even then the machine is slow to dry out. The seal around the door is constantly wet and does develop an unpleasant odor if it is not dried or cleaned on a very regular basis. Also, just over a year after purchase, the circuit board failed and we had a difficult time finding and replacing it (luckily my husband is very handy and we were able to repair it for just the cost of the part). I have had issues with the machine randomly quitting mid cycle for no known reason on at least a dozen occasions. It also fails to spin the load dry about once every ten washes - I will open the machine to find a pile of clean but soaking wet clothing. Because it is a front load machine, if the load is unbalanced it will not be able to spin the clothing dry. All it takes is one heavy bath mat to prevent the machine from spinning. Frankly, it's not impressive and I would not recommend this machine, nor would I purchase it again in the future.

Cleaning Time
            It is shockingly slow - and the times mentioned are incorrect. The "express wash" cycle has been known to take longer than the normal cycle. It says it is 28 minutes, but we have found it to be longer than 55 minutes in many cases.

Poor craftsmanship!

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Worked for 1 year and begin throwing error codes. I cleaned the trap, checked the screens, searched the web and still couldn't stop the codes. Finally, I found it would work right if I ran very small loads (4 towels, 6 shirts, etc.). I just parted it out and am selling the parts on eBay. That was my last Kenmore product!

Great washing machine

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

great washing machine and it looks nice, too. Reliable performance.

Energy Efficiency
            I love the quick cleaning cycle

Cleaning Time
            many time choices

Cleans the clothes well but they get tangled together.

Very easy to use. The options are easy to figure out

Clothes tangling together is a design problem that I wish could be corrected

Very consistent operation. Have not had any problems.

So awful!

from Kansas

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I generally like Kenmore brand products. This washing machine is an exception though. This washer came with one of my previous apartments. The landlord mentioned that the washer "had a few problems" [Oh, thanks man! Ugh!]. He told me we had to unscrew the front part and unclog and drain it frequently, which was VERY annoying. He forgot to mention that the seal around the door would break sometimes. It is great realizing you have water pouring out of your washer onto your apartment floor! Sometimes my clothes would be soaked and soapy after the cycle was done. Sometimes they would be half dry. This was just such a poor quality machine.

I am lucky and my landlord replaced this AWFUL washer. Do not buy this.

It is about average.

The performance of this washer is pretty poor. There would be times where my clothes would still be soaked after the washer ran it's cycle and sometimes the laundry detergent would still be on them. I would have to run the cycle twice! There were also times when my clothes would barely get damp. It was just a guessing game each time.

Because of the severe draining issues with this washer you had to put a lot of effort into washing your clothes. You had to unscrew one of the plates and unclog, then drain the washer. It was a hassle and messy! But if you did not unclog and drain it your clothes would not get washed properly.

Poor design of the draining system.

Poor draining system and the rubber seal around the door would break.

Quiet and efficient!

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I love it! This machine is so quiet that I forget it is even on! It has load sensing and then quietly gets to work. Sometimes I only know it is on when the end of cycle bell sounds. It can rip through dirt like it nothing else!

Energy Efficiency
            It uses less water than other machines and with the settings, you program the length of time it is on when you select the load/

Great large capacity washer

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I've had this washer now almost a year and have loved it. The capacity is huge which makes it a lot easier to wash things like comforters and large loads for my family. After reading some of the negative reviews I will say that there will be a nasty smell if you don't keep up with cleaning the washer. That will happen with any front loader because of the way a front loader works. Water can get trapped in the door seal but if you run a clean cycle with bleach once a month and periodically clean out the door seal you won't have problems. I also take out the dispenser drawer and clean that out to make sure nothing gets caught in there. Another thing the store salesman told me was to keep the door open after a cycle so it can dry out. Some may find this annoying but the payoff of having a high efficiency large washer is worth it for me.

We did have shaking issues in our old apartment because the washer wasn't leveled correctly due to an unleveled floor (nothing we could do about it). In our new apartment our floor is level and we don't have a problem with a shaking machine.

Great, innovative, time saver

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I love using this washing machine. My mom, who has arthritis, found it very easy to use and convenient. I usually hate washing machines due to having to load it from the top, but this one was very fast, efficient and great to use. My daughter, who I am barely starting to hand out chores to, also finds this easy to use. I’m not a fan of the buttons and display but it’s not hard to get used to after having this for a couple of weeks. It’s a great little machine to use and I think the one major factor is it loads from the top. Another great thing about this machine is how energy efficient it is. I’ve found that my electricity bill is way less than it used to be as opposed to my old machine. It doesn’t burn up compared to my old washer. The price I paid and the quality I got was way more than what my family and I expected and I love it. The size is average and the EnergyStar rating was excellent. It fits very easily in my pantry/laundry room and I found that it fits a lot more than what it shows.