3.5
Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer

Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Breaks down (3)
  • Doesn't clean effectively (3)
  • Leaky (3)
  • Long cycle (3)
  • Shakes/moves (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (6)

A Great Front Loader!

I've seen a lot of negative reviews on this washer. People have complained about mold issues, leaking water from the locked door, and the control board acting crazy. (all within a couple of months of ownership) I personally have had my washer for well over 9 months, and have never had a problem with it. (Fingers crossed) It's quiet during cycles, has a super fast spin cycle, that practically dries the clothes. There's a variety of cycles from super long to short, and you can add if you want a presoak, or a 2nd rinse in there, and it calculates how long the cycle will take to finish. I just bought the matching dryer, and cannot wait for it to get here, I hope I enjoy it, as much as I do the washer.

Not a big fan of this washer

Where to start...You can put a lot of clothes in this washer which is nice.  It said a king sized comforter would fit, but my daughters full size barely fits (it is thick though).  It's energy efficient..how I don't know as my washer takes well over an hour to wash a load unless I'm doing express wash or delicate cycle.  The pedestal doesn't come with the washer and, in my opinion, is way over priced.  Things get down in between the rubber seal and the drum and are not easy to remove.  We had a pair of kids underwear stuck in there and didn't realize it until the drum would barely turn and by the looks of the underwear once we finally got them out, they'd been in there for a long time.  Mold is a HUGE issue.  My garage actually smells bad due to my washer.  The "control panel" lights up like a Christmas tree from time to time and I have to turn off the power and then do another rinse and spin cycle in order for the door to unlock.  My towels have a mildew smell and I've thrown most of them out and had to replace them.  I also don't like the way my clothes come out twisted.  I would not suggest this washer to my worst enemy.  In fact my house is for sale and the washer is included!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!

from Frustrated in Michigan

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Long Cycle
    • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Worse machine ever. It's supposed to be able to accommodate large loads such as several towels and/or a queen sized comforter. No way! With very little in a load it goes into error code repeatedly and the clothes are sopping wet when they are supposed to be done. You have to Rinse/Drain/Spin again because there is no spin only. So much for having a energy efficient washer. Also....a white load takes 2 hours. Literally. That's what the normal amount of time is when you set it to wash a white load. It also says at the end of a cycle that it has 1 minute left and it takes 7-10 minutes (minimum). The tub of our washer is also somehow filling with water after we are done with a load. In addition, the area where the soap and bleach go get nasty with black mold. I clean it often and it still requires a lot of maintenance to keep clean. When it spins I swear the whole house moves. Seriously though.....stuff on our stove moves when it spins. Stay away from this washer and buy something else for your own good.

bad door

from west islip,ny

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Energy Efficient

Cons

• doesnt always spin clothes enough
      • Noisy
      • the door is defective, replaced twice and still

• Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Towels

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

it holds a good amount of clothes, cleans well..the door is seriously defective,had to replace twice, at my own cost, and still doesnt stay closed, keeps buzzing without starting..

Never buy it

from Toronto, Canada

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Leaky
      • Long Cycle
      • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Got the He2 dryer as well about 5 years ago and what a bad combo. Dryer just failed thermal fuse and thermostat. Blower housing full of junk because of a very poor design for the lint trap. Washer leaks regularly and seems to get confused with towels or mixed items. Takes forever to do the final 1 minute. Loads often still wet so have to run the short rinse cycle. Hiding the pump screen is also a terrible design. We just leave the lower panel off.

Worst washing machine EVER

from Halifax, NS

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
          • Leaky
          • Long Cycle
          • Noisy
          • Shakes/Moves

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

This is. Most frustrating washing machine EVER. A normal cycle is supposed to take 54 minutes but actually takes 80-85 minutes. Often when the cycle is done, the clothes are still soaking wet and there is no "spin cycle" only So you have to rinse and spin again. Huge waste of water for a "high efficiency" product. I would not recommend this washer to anyone. I only gave it one star because I couldn't post this with no stars!

Repair Headaches!

from Vermont

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
            • Moldy

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Our Kenmore HE2 often stops on the rinse cycle and won't continue. We waste a lot of water trying to get it to work. It's a headache. The inside is always moldy. I expect a washer to last more than 8 years. We are $300 into our most recent repair and are giving up and buying a new machine.

Absolutely worst machine ever! Always broken.

from massapequa, ny

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
                • Doesn't Clean Effectively
                • Leaky

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Terrible quality, terrible product!

Average performance, large capacity

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I have owned this machine for about two years. In my household we do an average of four large loads of laundry a week: whites, dark clothes (times two), and towels, I have not been especially impressed with this machine and can confidently say I will never purchase another front load washing machine unless it is the only option available to me. Yes, it does use less water than traditional machines. However, I do have to leave the door open all of the time and even then the machine is slow to dry out. The seal around the door is constantly wet and does develop an unpleasant odor if it is not dried or cleaned on a very regular basis. Also, just over a year after purchase, the circuit board failed and we had a difficult time finding and replacing it (luckily my husband is very handy and we were able to repair it for just the cost of the part). I have had issues with the machine randomly quitting mid cycle for no known reason on at least a dozen occasions. It also fails to spin the load dry about once every ten washes - I will open the machine to find a pile of clean but soaking wet clothing. Because it is a front load machine, if the load is unbalanced it will not be able to spin the clothing dry. All it takes is one heavy bath mat to prevent the machine from spinning. Frankly, it's not impressive and I would not recommend this machine, nor would I purchase it again in the future.

Cleaning Time
                  It is shockingly slow - and the times mentioned are incorrect. The "express wash" cycle has been known to take longer than the normal cycle. It says it is 28 minutes, but we have found it to be longer than 55 minutes in many cases.

Poor craftsmanship!

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

Worked for 1 year and begin throwing error codes. I cleaned the trap, checked the screens, searched the web and still couldn't stop the codes. Finally, I found it would work right if I ran very small loads (4 towels, 6 shirts, etc.). I just parted it out and am selling the parts on eBay. That was my last Kenmore product!

Great washing machine

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

great washing machine and it looks nice, too. Reliable performance.

Energy Efficiency
                  I love the quick cleaning cycle

Cleaning Time
                  many time choices

Cleans the clothes well but they get tangled together.

Very easy to use. The options are easy to figure out

Clothes tangling together is a design problem that I wish could be corrected

Very consistent operation. Have not had any problems.

So awful!

from Kansas

Comments about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Super Capacity Washer:

I generally like Kenmore brand products. This washing machine is an exception though. This washer came with one of my previous apartments. The landlord mentioned that the washer "had a few problems" [Oh, thanks man! Ugh!]. He told me we had to unscrew the front part and unclog and drain it frequently, which was VERY annoying. He forgot to mention that the seal around the door would break sometimes. It is great realizing you have water pouring out of your washer onto your apartment floor! Sometimes my clothes would be soaked and soapy after the cycle was done. Sometimes they would be half dry. This was just such a poor quality machine.

I am lucky and my landlord replaced this AWFUL washer. Do not buy this.

Energy Efficiency
                  It is about average.

The performance of this washer is pretty poor. There would be times where my clothes would still be soaked after the washer ran it's cycle and sometimes the laundry detergent would still be on them. I would have to run the cycle twice! There were also times when my clothes would barely get damp. It was just a guessing game each time.

Because of the severe draining issues with this washer you had to put a lot of effort into washing your clothes. You had to unscrew one of the plates and unclog, then drain the washer. It was a hassle and messy! But if you did not unclog and drain it your clothes would not get washed properly.

Poor design of the draining system.

Poor draining system and the rubber seal around the door would break.