Other Washing Machines:

Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

love it have had no problems

I love this machine. Have not had one problem. After reserching for about a month on all makes and models, i decided this one was for me. Couldn't beat the price, would pay more for similar machines while sacrificing options. i have read the reviews, and disagree with all the bad ones, except the one that wasnt assembled right. But if these ppl would have done the research they would have known about the auto sensing technology, and what happens when you open the washer. i just put whatever i find in the next pile, and with 6 ppl (me,wife,and 4 kids) i have loads almost every other day. my washer is quiet and saves some money, i kept track of my water meter for the first 2 weeks and did notice a drop, not a huge one but a drop. While reaserching i found that alot of the front load washers were not just worth it, lcd boards burning out, selector knobs breaking or not doing the right selection type of wash that was chosen, even the ones that lock would sometimes stay locked,and you would have to call someone to get your clothes out. its not like the old days where you could just go out and buy one just by eye appeal and some quick facts from the lil tag on the machine. like i said i spent about a month researching, which meant going to the laundry mat, and watching my money just disapper. i know some ppl dont have that kinda time, but with the cost of these things, i suggest RESEARCH.

wish I could return this machine

I have bought many Kenmores and have always been happy with them, **until now.**

This Kenmore 800 washing machine has many cons. If you want to add one more sock you find, to a load, after you started the machine, it completely screws up the cycle. Can not open lid once it is started. You can not choose your own water level. Leaves soap on the clothes because it decides how much water should be used. I have to double rinse all my loads. Expensive and time waster. When it puts on the brakes to stop spinning sounds like it is going to fall apart. Piece of junk. What has happened to sears?

Don't Waste Your Money

from Brooklyn, New York

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

What a horrible waste of good money. When I first started using this machine, I noticed that quite a few pieces of clothes seemed as if they were never fully wet during the wash. Meaning, if I didn't set the dial for "Heavy Soil," the clothes would never receive enough water to get completely wet. Also, if you lift the lid, it completely stops filling. You had better have everything in that machine when you close the lid because there's no going back. If you should decide to slip in that last pair of knickers, the machine will start again at the beginning.

In conclusion, I've had this machine for almost 5 years (I thought Kenmore products lasted for at least 10). I've tolerated this LOUD machine (mind you the advertisement said that it included some sort of quiet pack - don't believe them) long enough. Currently, the wiring has gone completely mad. That is, after choosing a cycle, the machine is supposed to fill, wash, rinse and then spin. It now fills whilst washing, then it begins to spin and fill and sort of wash, and finally it will do the final spin, click and then begin to fill at the end. I will NEVER purchase a Kenmore AGAIN. The amount of money it will cost me to have it fixed is $200 shy of purchasing a new, better machine. I'm done with Kenmore.

Don't Buy It!

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

This is the last Kenmore I will ever buy.

Energy Efficiency
    The only way it saves energy is when you select Hot it adds Cold water to the mix so you end up with a warm water wash. I can fake it out by turning off the cold water Tap and get a true Hot wash but give me a break!

Can not wash with true Hot water.

Shuts off when lid is raised and adds/waste more water.

Wish I never bought this washer, can not select the options I want when washing.

Time will tell... I already broke the 2nd rinse switch.

• Cleaning Time:

NOT energy efficient -user has no control of water usage

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

It says it's an energy star but there is no way you can ever control the amount of water you use - and I mean NO control. Sometimes I think it's going to overflow. whatever you do, DO NOT lift the lid while it's filling or after it has filled. It claims to adjust the water automatically to the amount of clothes you are washing but uses the same amount of water to do a large load as it does to wash an average load. ? Don't try to trick it either - it will just add more water! FRUSTRATING!

Cleaning Time
    takes a long time no matter what setting you use

for all the agitation you hear going on, the clothes should be cleaner than they are

not many knobs so you don't have a choice which simplifies use

ugly

below average

Mechanical Nightmare

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

We had problems with this machine from the beginning and they only got worse as time went on. We had it serviced during the warranty period but the machine would do the same or get worse.

This washer broke down after we had it for six months! Apparently there was faulty wiring on this model that they knew about but just hadn't fixed. It is incredibly loud and sounds off balance but every time I checked it was perfectly level. The automatic water level never put enough water in the tub and sometimes we had to add water ourselves! Finally, the settings dial went haywire and we never knew what the machine was going to do any time we started it!! It would drain at the beginning, agitate without water, and other bizarre things. We decided after this experience we will never buy Kenmore again.

Standard Washer

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

This is a standard washing machine and if you are looking for basics with out all the fancy stuff, its for you. I purchased this washing machine when my washer broke. I primarily chose it because I could get it cheap and fast. It has several setting option Ultra Clean ( what I normally use), Pre Wash, Soak and permanent press. The best feature is the 2 nd rinse option which I use quite a bit when something is dirty.

Typical good quality Kenmore

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

This is a good quality Kenmore, as we've come to expect. Nothing fancy, nothing special, just gets the job done right.

It will not fit the "max" towels as shown when i bought it, but none do, and this fits plenty of stuff.

The controls are easy and straightforward.
    Just make sure to level it properly and it'll run pretty quiet. We've had it a few years now and have not had any issues.

Kenmore Washer

from Dunnellon, FL

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

I will start by saying that there are definitely better ones on the market. This one is basic and simple and not too pricey. It's a little noisy for me though. But it does the job it is intended for and does was the clothes. I've had other Kenmore washer before and this is the worst one I have had but again it does what it's intended for. It's squeaks a little already for being only 8 months old not sure if that is normal or not though. I would say to look at your other options before buying this one as I am sure you can find one that is better for not too much more money.

Good Quality Machine

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

I bought mine 5 years ago and have not had a single problem with either the washer or the dryer. My clothes come out clean and completely whole as opposed to some washers I have used in laundromats where it tore holes in my clothes. They are simple to use and have a large capacity. I would have no problem buying the same ones again.

• Cleaning Time:

If I had the money to buy a new one I would.

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

OMG, we bought this washer Easter weekend a few years ago. I kept hoping it die before its warranty ran out so I could tell them to keep it. It never fills with enough water to circulate the clothes, I have to open the lid to add more water. It twists the clothes into tangles. Now it is not spinning out the clothes, leaving 3 inches of water in the tub. I have to run the second rinse just to spin them out.
    DO NOT BUY THIS WASHER! I would give it away, but there is no one that I dislike that much!

I wish it would die.....

• Cleaning Time:

THIS WASHER IS A COMPLETE PIECE OF JUNK AND WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Top Load Washer:

started having problems with it just over one year after purchase. paid 250 to fix the sensor and the timer. that was 7 mos. ago. now it's running poorly again. i'm not making the mistake of shelling out good money to fix a piece of junk again. I'm going washer shopping. and it won't be a kenmore

only when it's working correctly