Other Freezers:

Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer

Pros

Cons

Good Extra Space Freezer

We moved in to a new apartment with a small freezer, so we went out and got this freezer. It was a good deal at the time and for what I paid, I have nothing to complain about.

Temperature Control
This freezer does a good job maintaining and changing temperatures as needed. It took a little way to get cooled down, but since getting cooled down it maintained it's temperature perfectly.

Capacity
This freezer has a lot of space and almost all of it is usable. It holds quite a bit of food and everything, there is one small wire basket for smaller things and one shelf like ledge to hold things up; but overall it holds a lot of space.

This freezer is white, so it picks up all sorts of stains and colors and dings. I usually clean the outside with a wipe, but it must be done frequently. The interior of the freezer does not need to be cleaned as much, but the interior will probably be as much of a hassle as any other freezer.

I am not 100% sure on the durability of this freezer. The freezer is actually pretty light, for better or worse, but hopefully it holds up for quite a while.

The freezer is well designed. Almost all the space is usable and being so light (as long as it is durable) it works great.

freezer

a great freezer, holds the cold well, even when accidentally left open!, I love a chest freezer verses an upright because they hold their temp so much better. This one Ive had for yrs and still like brand new, durable and energy efficient.Super quiet running, you don't even hear it at night, our old one was quite loud. This one is super silent. Very easy to move if you decide it needs to be relocated, We've reloacated our freezer 3 times and it is very lightweight. Holds quite alot of food for its size.But Chest freezers always seem to hold more to me anyway. I searched several freezers before buying this one, but for the price this one just beat out the others I looked at, and fits so nice in a room. I have only had 1 instance of frost building but that was due to my own negligence, I think over all the freezer is a great item at a great price and well worth the expense. Others do not compare!! I hate opening the freezer and having stuff fall on my toes because it shifted, Yes with a chest freezer you do have to move stuff around but you wont have anything falling on your toes!! HUGE sell for me 8-).

i love this one

from iraq

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Adjustable Shelving
  • Attractive Design
  • Door Shuts Securely
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Difficult to Defrost
  • Not Cold Enough

this is good

I love this freezer!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

My husband hunts an last year he got an Elk, so I was on for a mad rush to go buy a big freezer because all of the meat would not fit in the one that we had. I looked around all day and I settled on this Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot deep freezer and I could not be happier with it. It started getting cold instantly when I plugged it in, and I like that it does not get a whole ton of ice crystals built up on the walls of the inside like many of the other freezers do. Meat or other frozen items that I put inside it freeze solid in a very fast amount of time. I like the large size of this freezer, we stored the entire 300lbs of meat from his elk inside of it. It is easier to change the temperature of the freezer and it adjusts to the new temperature fast. I have not thawed it out at all yet, but keeping the outside of it clean is easy, it wipes down quickly and easily. I have not had a single problem with this deep freezer and could not be any happier with its quality and its performance so far.

• Capacity:

We all love this freezer

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

Our family simply loves having this freezer made by Kenmore. It has just the right amount of space and fits very nicely in our garage.

Capacity
    This Kenmore model offers a very spacious 8.8 cubic square feet of storage space. This is perfect for our family. I has a lot of room on the inside for storing quite a few things at once. I appreciate this because I prefer to purchase in bulk and having this freezer allows me to do so.

This freezer is very easy to clean. I prefer to use window cleaner on the exterior of the unit. For the inside I simply use a wash rag and warm water. I love how easy it is to clean this freezer.

This freezer is very durable in my opinion. We bought it with the intention of keeping it in the garage. It fits perfectly in our garage and does not take up very much space. So far, we have not had any issues with the durability of this freezer.

The design is simple and easy to use. It has a lid that opens on the top of the unit. It is a basic square shape that is perfect for us. I would recommend this freezer to anyone.

• Capacity:

This is a great freezer at a good price.

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

I've owned this for about two months and I can't figure out how we got by without one for so many years!! It freezes well and it's very quiet. The two included shelves are very convenient.

Temperature Control
    Freezes well and relatively quickly. Ice cubes freeze in a couple of hours. We have not had a problem with anything spoiling.

Capacity
    It has loads of space. Even with a family of 8, we have enough freezer space with just a side-by-side fridge and this freezer.

Very easy to clean the exterior. Just wipe it down with a damp cloth. Haven't had to defrost yet (2 months), but there is a blue defrost indicator.

Seems sturdy and well built. The lid is the only thing I would be careful about putting something too heavy on because the sheet metal covering might get dented.

We considered upright freezers, but a chest freezer made the most sense. This one is designed very well. it has interior lighting and extra plastic shelves at the top.

works perfectly

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

I actually have three of these freezers. We raise our own meat and hunt and we have one freezer full of beef, one full of pork and one full of chicken and deer meat. We keep them in the garage. They are decent sized, big enough to hold all of our frozen meat and they look nice lined up along one wall in the garage. This freezer holds a lot. And the motor is very quiet unlike a lot of the freezers available. They are sturdy, durable and very affordable with a very reasonable price. When you open the lid, there is nice lighting to let you see what is in there. You don't have to turn on the light in order to see. it also seems to be very energy efficient and doesn't run our electric bill up. It keeps the food frozen and as long as you have it wrapped good, I never notice any freezer burn. These freezers are a necessity for my family in order for us to store all of our meat. and I highly recommend this model for anyone.

Good Extra Space Freezer

from Lake Villa, IL

Good Freezer

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

I think that there are pros and cons to having this Kenmore Chest Freezer. Let's start with the pros. This freezer stays shut tightly and because it's a chest, it's easier to keep it shut. I've had problems in the past with standing freezers where everything melts because the door wasn't closed all the way; this rarely if ever happens with this freezer. It's a very deep freezer and you can keep plenty of frozen items in here. It's also in a compact form so you can easily store it in your garage. Some cons are that because it's so deep, it's hard to find things at the bottom and you have to basically take everything out to find it. The items at the bottom, in my experience, are more prone to freezer burn. I'm guessing it's because those items are located in the coldest part of the freezer. It is also very hard to clean and you have to turn it sideways and spray it with a hose. Even so, I still think that this is a darn good freezer that is good for long term storage of food.

freezer

• Capacity:

Great Freezer at a Great Price!

from Newark, DE

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

I have the Kenmore 8.8 cubic feet chest freezer in black, model 16949 at Sears. I have had this freezer for about a month now and I am thrilled with it thus far. It comes with two storage racks which are great for quick grabs like tv dinners and ice cream, and these are movable so you can push them from side to side. The left side is raised about a foot up on the first 1/4 of the freezer which I find nice because I can store more frequently used foods there and not have to reach all the way in. I love that it locks so I can keep the kids out of it and it also has an alarm system if the temperature gets too hot or cold, I haven't had this go off yet but I imagine it is a nice feature.

Temperature Control
    Not sure exactly how long it took to get to the right temperature but I plugged it in at night and it was ready to be filled in the morning!

Fits the bill.

from Sand Springs, OK

Comments about Kenmore 8.8 Cubic Foot Chest Freezer:

As my family has continued to grow over the years, my wife began buying more food to have on hand. Our freezer on the fridge could not hold enough of the food for storage, so I went out and bought a Kenmore freezer. This freezer is just about the perfect size for my family of 6. It hold plenty of food and has a little slide around basket that creates another area of storage inside the freezer. There are bigger freezers, but I didn't feel like I needed something that would take up the whole wall in my garage. I did look at upright freezers, but didn't feel like they had the storage capacity that I was looking for. I bought Kenmore because that is just what my family buys. It has been a good brand to us. So if you have a large family and live further out of town, you can't go wrong with a Kenmore freezer.