Other Freezers:

Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ

Pros

Cons

• Capacity:

Whirlpool Chest Freezer that is Perfect Size!

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I love my Whirlpool Chest Freezer. I can keep items frozen for a long period time without it ruining or getting freezer burned. I barely use the freezer portion of my refrigerator now because I can tell when something has been in there for any length of time. They have a smell and a taste, but with my Whirlpool Chest Freezer the items don't get that funky freezer smell or taste. Plus it's not so large that you lose stuff on the bottom and goes to waste, yet it's big enough to hold everything I need it to. It has a shelf and a basket so I can easily organize my items. It's great and saves me money by allowing to buy in bulk and keep frozen until it's time to be consumed.

Temperature Control
Only has one temperature control for the entire freezer, but it's a chest freezer and I just need it to be set on a temperature that's cold enough to keep everything frozen.

Capacity
It is the perfect size for me and my family. It's not too large and not too small.

I clean my Whirlpool Chest twice a year, I empty it, defrost, disinfect and wipe it clean put it right back to use.

It comes with a ten year limited warranty to cover any issues that you might have but I've had mine for several years and no issues. It's quiet and runs as well today as it always has.

I like it because it's not too big or small and makes the ideal size. It doesn't take up too much room and has the shelf and basket so keeping organized is simple.

Energy Saver , Money Saver, Time Saver

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I bought this Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ on December 2012 together with my whirlpool refrigerator. At first, I was hesitant of buying a chest freezer because I thought that it could consume too much electricity. Though the whirlpool refrigerator has spacious built-in freezer, it can't accommodate bulk frozen products. I am a busy person so I don't want to go to supermarkets most often. When I shop, I always buy bulk and stock them for future use. Finally, I decided to buy this chest freezer so that I can stock bulk frozen foods. Since I use this freezer, once our electricity bill arrives, I always compare them with the previous one to check if there is big difference of our current bill with the previous one. I'm so amazed because there is only a little difference. For 10 months of using our whirlpool chest freezer, I could say that this saves me money and time because I don't need to go to supermarkets every now and then to buy meat or any frozen items.

This chest freezer is spacious that you could place a lot of frozen foods. It is easy to defrost as well.

• Capacity:

This is a great little freezer to store all your extras!

from Westminster, SC

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

This is a great little freezer!
Manual Defrost (When it's time to defrost your freezer, the defrost drain makes it quick and easy with virtually no mess or hassle.)
Blue Slide and Store Basket to hold stuff like frozen veggies and the little stuff.
Adjustable Thermostat to make it freeze really solid or just frozen
Defrost Drain with Cover for easy defrosting and cover to hide the hole when not being defrosted.
All and all a great purchase!

Temperature Control
It's great that it has an adjustable thermostat that way the owner can choose how frozen they really choose the items to be.

Capacity
Stores lots of stuff for the size! Doesn't take up much room either!

Convenient drain for defrost making it very easy to defrost and clean. Easy wipe inside and out!

Built well for price and stands up to what other bigger sizes would.

Neat, clean, small and fits almost anywhere. Doesn't look bad just sitting around like some of the other freezers I've seen.

• Capacity:

Fit my limited space but has lots of room and has lots of basket

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

My Whirlpool chest freezer is just the right size for my condo.  The baskets hold lots of items and keep them within easy reach when I need to grab something quickly.  I love having the extra freezer space which allows me to take advantage of great specials on frozen foods without worrying about whether I have room to store them.

Love, love love my Whirlpool Chest Freezer!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I just love my Whirlpool chest (deep) Freezer. I am an avid couponer, so I save alot of money for myself and my family. How? Well, I have to buy when the products are on sale. So, I need a dependable freezer to keep my foods frozen, and safe until we are ready to use it for a meal for my family. My whirlpool freezer is easy to defrost, and as I have noticed, it really hasn't used that much electricity. My freezer is easy to keep clean, inside and out. I know that some can be heard, well, this **Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ*** is absolutely so quiet. I love how durable it is, as I have had mine a few years now. I have had one before--not going to mention the brand-- however it did not meet my expectations at all!!!. THE ***Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ did!!!!**

Whirlpool Chest Freezer is such a money saver

from Havre De Grace, MD

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

We bought this freezer about 10 years ago to save money by enabling us to purchase products in bulk and store them in the freezer. This Chest freezer has never let us down. Even when we lost power, the items stayed frozen for at last three days before posing a problem.

It requires a special outlet to prevent power surges from damaging the equipment. The best place to store this freezer is in the basement, not in the garage or the compressor has to work too hard with extreme temperature changes.

Defrosting this freezer is a bit of a challenge. You have to empty the freezer, then prop open the lid, let it defrost completely. There is a drainage hole at the bottom that you can unscrew the cap to to allow easy draining. I just used some towels as I didn't have a place to drain the contents directly.

The chest freezer takes a bit to get used to, frozen food tends to get lost in the bottom. I keep a list of the items in the freezer on a wipe board as a reference. The basket on the top is great for smaller items or items that will be used quickly.

Whirlpool makes the Best Chest Freezer!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I love this chest freezer.  My wife is notorious for buying all kinds of fresh berries in the summer and freezing them for pies in the fall.  If your married to someone like that you know that soon you will run out of freezer space.  We store all of the fruites veggies and frozen pizzas we buy in the freezer.  It also keeps the produce fresh.  It's great because it is more spacious than the side freezer we have on our refridgerator.

The only problem I have with it is organization.  It does seem that everything seems to get lost inside.  Whenever I have to go down and look for something it seems like I am always digging around to find it.  We have come up with a storage method for the inside but it can still be a little difficult.

Whirlpools price isn't the best but it isn't the worst.  I personally trust the whirlpool name and this is a product that stands behind that name 100 percent.  So if you want a good chest that is dependable and spacious this is the product for you.

Whirpool Chest freezer is great

from Flint, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I bought my Whirlpool chest freezer about 5 years ago and it's great.  it has those nice baskets in there so you can keep things organized like smaller stuff and there's so much room it never seems to get even half full.  it's easy to clean if you spill and keps everything at a good temp.  when we lose power even for about 5 hours it stays so cold in there that we don't lose any food due to spoiling.  i recommend it for anybody needing a good freezer.

does the job!

from Blacklick, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I picked up this chest freezer about 4 years ago.  It was reasonably priced and was smaller than most, which is what we needed.  This one is about 7 cubic feet.  I am able to cram tons of stuff into it.

This is not what you want to get if you have trouble bending over.  It's not all that tall, but to reach down to the bottom over the side is a bit difficult.

We have never had a problem with it.  I keep a thermometer in there just incase, but have never had it go above zero degrees F.  It doesn't seem to run any more than the regular refridgerator, and we didn't notice much of a difference with the electricity consumption when we started using it.

It does frost up on the sides if you open and close it excessively, and it's a pain to clean it out because it's so deep and tall.  I try to avoid opening it at all cost anyway.

It's easy to operate and trustworthy, I'd go for it if you're looking for one of these.

Whirlpool freezer works great and was a good deal

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Whirlpool Chest Freezer EH070FXRQ:

I purchased my whirlpool chest freezer at home depot, it was a great deal and it fits my needs and works great, i would recommend this product to any one looking for extra freezer space for your family needs