Other Freezers:

Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E

Pros

Cons

good small freezer

This was purchased for storing cold liquor and ice Bags for the hot summer days. The size and price were both perfect, and it's whisper-quiet. So far, I'm extremely pleased with buying this unit. Upon arrival, I immediately switched the door hinge side. I was a bit disappointed to find that most of the destination holes were filled at the factory with styrofoam, tape, and other fillers. Not to much of a let down cant be overly protective. It wasn't a huge deal, but it did add some extra time in switching out the door. Overall, I would definitely recommend this freezer to Those who are renters or havea small family or live in an apartment building. Its nice and small doesnt take up too much space. It's pretty good and worth the buy.

Wasn't my first choice

Needed a freezer for an emergency because the old just blew up. Went to rent to own place and they didn't have the brand names I wanted nor the uprights, so I had to settle. I had never heard of this brand name but purchased anyway. It's compact and fit right into the space I had alloted for it. Did some research and this brand has been on the market for a long time, they just don't advertise like other big name brands and the prices are comparable.

Great Efficient Deep Freezer

from Danville, Va

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Door Shuts Securely
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Big Families
    • Extra Space for Food Storage
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

I have been keeping Fish & Venison along with Sausage, Corn, Peas, Squash stored up for a rainy day from back this winter & to use even next winter. Easy to adjust cooling frequency, too.

Great second freezer

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

I purchased this freezer because I have 3 kids and I was tiered of going to the market 2-3 times a week. Now I go twice a month and pick up milk as needed.

Temperature Control
    The temperature does not need to go above the 3 setting year round. Does not use a lot of electricity, I hardly notice a dent in the bill.

Capacity
    It holds many small things and helps tremendously during the holidays for a place for the ham or turkey. I usually go to a wholesale club and stock up on the frozen things like ice cream and meat.

i give an 8 only because to clean it you must defrost it and to do that it needs to be empty. I usually do it in the winter.

Had it for 3 years and no problems, in fact during hurricane sandy we were without power for 8 days and the freezer with the ice packs already there stayed cold for 6 days. it was nice having milk for my coffee ( french press saved me)

Fits easily into any room I have an apartment so I keep it in one of the bedrooms.

Such a gem...

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

We we were looking for extra freezer space since it seems our refrigerator freezer is always full (it's amazing how quickly they become full). This little guy was the perfect fit, the price was just right and it is small enough to sit in the corner and not fill up the whole room. It runs very quietly. The lid is one that you do not have to fight to keep open

Capacity
    Be sure that small is what you need before you buy. We bought this to help with the overflow and it is perfect for that size. It fills up quickly especially when you are adding all the prepackaged boxes that frozen items come in now.

Since you have to manually defrost and clean the sides, it takes some effort. The drain is set up nicely and we have had no problems with cleaning the unit.

So far so good, it has been in our household for almost a year and running strong.

Only shortcoming I see (and it is only cause I'm short) is that it is too deep for me to reach the bottom to get items. So make sure you have a step stool or either tall family members to come help you out!

Chest Freezer

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

I love my chest freezer! It's the perfect size for my sunroom and I keep ice cream, popcycles, and other items there so that when my grandchildren come to visit, they know just where to look. I know what their favorite items for lunch are, so they just go pick them out themselves.

Temperature Control
    The temperature stays the same and everything remains frozen.

Capacity
    There's plenty of room for frozen items and not so deep that I can't reach what I need. It has three baskets across the top, so I keep my grandchildren's favorites there so they are easily within their reach.

If it has to be defrosted, it has a drain at the bottom, then all I have to do is just wipe it clean and dry, let it get cold again, and restock all my goodies.

It works great and I expect to have it for a long, long time.

I think it looks great in my sunroom next to my brick walI. It doesn't take up a lot of room and actually brightens up the corner.

• Capacity:

Saves on space and energy costs.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

The Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E is a small chest freezer but if you are limited on space, this one definitely doesn’t take up a lot of space. I bought this specific freezer because the store I bought it at was running a special and I got a gift card to help fill it up. Had I made a more rational choice, I may have picked a little larger freezer. I went from having an upright freezer to having this chest freezer and it has been hard to get use to. It does serve our needs but it is more difficult to organize and to locate and get to foods than it is in an upright. One of the pluses though is that it is very energy efficient. And of course also space efficient. I keep a cutting board on top of it and use it for extra counter space. It does keep foods fresh with no freezer burn and I have not had any issues with having to defrost the freezer. If you have a tight budget, this freezer fits the bill. Lower priced to purchase and lower energy costs than a larger or upright freezer.

• Capacity:

Great addition to compact fridge.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

This compact freezer is a great solution and addition to my compact refrigerator.The freezers on those things never work.They don't freeze and frost up easily.I searched for something with a reasonable price that I knew wouldn't be so cheap I'd be throwing away money.You get what you pay for.This freezer was the answer.It comes with a lot of different temperature settings.Setting it at one of the lower temperatures does the job for me(4).It has a sizable capacity.It has a little basket where you can store small items.I will say,it sometimes makes a humming sound when cycling on,but nothing bothersome.It's easy to get used to.Compact refrigerators sometimes make my food taste like the refrigerator itself,but I haven't noticed that with this.It has a light on it that tells you whether it's functioning properly.That should come in handy.It's easy to clean and defrost.That's a plus.

• Capacity:

A must have for everyone!

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

I absolutely love this freezer! The size and capacity of this freezer makes it a great complement to my regular kitchen refrigerator/freezer. I specifically chose this size (3.5cu ft) because I didn't want something too big that would take up a ton of room. This size is perfect; it doesn't have a large footprint, but is spacious enough inside to keep lots of frozen pizzas, ice cream, leftovers...you name it. I am 100% happy with this purchase!

Temperature Control
    So far, so good. I've had this product for approximately 2 months and I haven't had a single issue with the temperature. I have several cartons of ice cream, which I keep within easy reach. Even being near the top of the freezer, the ice cream still remains nice and hard. No freeze-thawing with this ice cream!

Capacity
    It's not a giant 7cu ft freezer, but that's not what I wanted. I wanted a nice sized freezer with a small footprint that wouldn't fill up the entire room it was in. And this accomplishes that. So for its size, it is quite spacious. Because it needs some space within the unit for the actual machinery, about 1/5 of the inside space is not usable. That being said, I can still fit four freezer pizzas, three bags of french fries, various frozen dinners and tupperwear containers, several containers of ice cream and cookies, and there's plenty of room left. The biggest problem with this freezer is, now I just want to buy so much more freezer goods to put in it!

I have only had this freezer for about two months, so I haven't had to clean it yet. However, based on the inside appearances, it would seem to be easy to clean. There aren't many nooks and crannies that would make it difficult to clean. And there is a spout that you can open to pour out any liquid water that may have accumulated during your cleaning, so that's a plus. After the two months, I haven't noticed anything in the way of frost building up, so here's hoping I won't have to clean it much anyways!

Good so far! I had to haul this freezer up a flight of stairs...one step at a time. It survived beautifully. Since it's a freezer, I can't imagine one would be doing much to it to test its durability, but so far, for me, it's been suitably durable for my needs.

It's a white, box freezer. I didn't buy it for its looks. That being said, it is not an eyesore. It has very nice clean lines, and not a lot of markings or product labels on it. It's a good, bright white color, and I can see it being "stylish" for many, many years to come. I have this freezer in my house, instead of in a garage etc. and it is nice enough looking that I don't have a problem with it being within sight.

Best Cold Keeper Freezer Ever

from Ashtabula, OH

Comments about Haier 3.5 cu. ft. Chest Freezer #HNCM035E:

We have only had this product for about 1 month, but could never imagine life without it. Our refrigerator/freezer was incapable of storing alot of frozen products that 1 would get when they were on sale. The extra room also is great for storing leftovers (especially at holiday times) and the price was also a great deal. We got this on sale at end of summer, but would of payed full price after having used this for only a short time it is well worth its price and then some.

Temperature Control
    It is easy to set and keeps everything nice and cold

Capacity
    We were looking for a smaller size than usual, and this fits right in the space we had available. It stores more than what you would think from looking at the outside of it.

We love the way this looks.

Wasn't my first choice