3.8
Kaboom

3.8

Pros

Cons

I had fun cleaning my shower curtains with Kaboom

It might be time for a new hobby, but when I clean I like to have a little fun and I like products that work too.

I love Oxi clean and...Read complete review

I love Oxi clean and products that have it in too. I saw that **Kaboom Foam-Tastic** had it in it and when reading the can it said when you spray it on it's blue and when when it's ready to be wiped off it turns white.  Oh cool colors. I thought I would give it a try since it's new.

In the past I did try a Kaboom bathroom cleaner and gagged on the scent (kinda reminded me of really bad feet with a cleaner added. It was just horrible and tossed it away, but this new Kaboom Foam-Tastic I am happy to report the scent is pleasant and does a great job at cleaning.

My first attempt with this product was the shower curtains. I so hate cleaning them, but it had to be done and last time I needed to clean them I tossed it in the wash and it didn't make it.  I sprayed it on and it comes out blue (found that to be cool so when I sprayed it on I was doing smilie faces). It says when it's ready to be wiped away it will turn white.  It did this quickly, so I wiped and it did work well.  Then I tackled the shower wall.  Out came the blue and turned white...had to put a little elbow grease in, but not to bad.

You can use **Kaboom Foam-Tastic with Oxi clean** on tubs, showers, sinks and shower curtain's. It takes care of soap scum, hard water stains, calcium, lime and grease very well.  I have also used this product on my stainless steel kitchen sink and works like a dream! I do think the blue is just a gimmick, but it's fun ;)

Didn't impress me at all

I am a self admitted neat freak.   And I clean houses for a living.  So when I saw the commercial for Kaboom Foam-Tastic I got a little excited.  This product kinda sounded like it would not only make cleaning easier for me but fun too!  It sprays out blue and turns white when it's done cleaning!  Cool.

Well right off the bat I wasn't too thrilled.  This was rather expensive but I was feeling rich that day so I went ahead and bought it.   If I decided to buy this again I will definitely need a coupon.

I decided that I'd use it on my own shower before trying it out on the job.  (Now, my shower is not difficult to clean to begin with.  I use a squeegee after I shower on a regular basis.  So there isn't this huge buildup of hard water deposits or soap scum)  Not saying that there isn't any at all just not bad.  Okay with that in mind, I sprayed down my shower curtain.   It does spray out blue.  Decided to have a little fun with that so I made little swirly designs and zigzags.  Fun.  Kinda surprised because I thought it'd take a minute to change colors but almost immediately it turns white.  I thought Wow!  That was fast.   I wiped it down and rinsed.  It didn't do a good job on the bottom of the curtain.  So I sprayed it again.  And again, it turned white rather quickly.  Hmmm....  maybe it turns white like that because of the Oxi clean in the product not because the surface is clean.

I sprayed it on my shower.  Like it did earlier it turns white rather quickly other than the areas that got sprayed a little heavier.  And just like the curtain, it didn't do that great of a job on the soap scum and/or the hard water buildup.  So I had to spray and wipe a second time.  And a small spot a third time.  Man does this stuff make alot of suds!!  Lots of rinsing to do.  Make sure you do a good job in the tub if you take baths.  There are alot of bubbles to rinse away.

But, I must say, this stuff doesn't smell bad.  So I am impressed with that.  I'm not choking on the fumes so that's a plus.

I think this is pretty much like any other product out there.  You just need to use some elbow grease along with it to really get things clean.  It might help that it's fun to use and doesn't smell awful so you may clean more often with Kaboom than you would with other cleaners.  I don't think it does a good job on hard water stains. (like around the faucets)

I will put this under the sink in the guest bathroom that hardly gets used.  I know it will do a great job in there.  I'll stick with my current favorite for the tough jobs.

My opinion about this product didn't change after using it several times. And didn't get many uses out of the can either. I doubt that I will purchase this product again.

Makes cleaning a little more fun.

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

The color changing part makes it fun to clean. My son loves to watch it change colors. It really cleans too, I was actually surprised at how well it cleans. I don't have to scrub as hard to remove the dirt and grime. I don't like how far back you have to be to spray it though, it splashes back on you and when you stand further back it goes all over where you didn't want it to. I end up with more to clean and have to be careful where I step because it makes my floor slippery. I do like the product but more could be done to make it a little more easier to use. It works really well in the toilet expect when held upside down.

Sprays where you want but the splatters backwards and all over the place, usually where you don't want it. (Such as all over the floor)

The scent is a little strong and it would be nicer if it was a different smell. It kinda has a chemical smell (I know it is a chemical but it could smell a little less like it).

not worth the money

from Dallas

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

I tried this in hopes that it would get the pink scum off my shower/tub. I followed the directions to the t, but even after doing everything it said, all the same gunk is still all over my shower/tub. It turns white immediately after spraying, not "when it's clean" as the bottle claims. It certainly doesn't do anything to break down the soap scum or make it any easier to wipe away. I had better luck with a paste of baking soda and water.
Don't waste your money on this product.

It's ok

from VA

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

I bought Kaboom after seeing the commercials claiming you just spray it on and wait for it to turn white, then rinse it and everything is clean. Of course I didn't 100% believe it, but thought it was worth a try and might at least take some of the effort out of cleaning. Not really. It's a little pricey, but it does last a long time. It also doesn't have a strong chemical, over powering odor. I sprayed it on my shower, and faucets and waited. It didn't take long and it turned white. I decided to wipe it and then rinse. It did an ok job, but I still had to scrub the bathtub around the edges where you get that film build up from the kids taking baths, and I had to scrub all the areas where our shampoo bottles were where there was a ring, as the Kaboom didn't seem to even touch them. I didn't have to use another product, just re-sprayed the kaboom, waited for the color change, and then scrubbed it. So over all it is not horrible, but it is not awesome either. I might buy it again, but if I find something better I won't.

So much better than Scrubbing Bubbles, and works on any surface!

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean is so much better than Scrubbing Bubbles spray, and it works on any surface in your bathroom or kitchen. I use it on my counters and sink, and in the shower/tub area, and the toilet even. And it cleans them all to a like new shine. It's so hard to get rid of tub rings that linger, and gunk that builds up in the grout on the tiled shower wall. But with Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean I just spray it on, let it sit till it changes colors, and then rinse it off with the shower head and I am done. No muss, no fuss, and best of all, no scrubbing. And now that Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean has OxiClean, I know that my counters and tub surfaces are getting even cleaner, and safer for my kids. Plus, it smells incredible and not at all like a cleaner should, so I don't get headaches from that crappy chemical smell in a non ventilated bathroom area. The Oxiclean in it means that it works wonders on lifting set in stains on your surfaces as well as cleaning and disinfecting them. So really, Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean is a win - win for cleaners.

Not all it's cracked up to be

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

I bought this Kaboom because I need a tough cleaner for my bathroom. There were several areas that I wanted to try it on. I used it on my floor, specifically the grout between the ceramic tiles. I also used it on my glass shower doors and the base which seems to gather mold very easily. The final place I used it was on my toilet because there are some stains on the upper inside of the toilet bowl. Since I planned to use it for so many different areas, I felt that the price was fair for this product. It has an attractive design and makes some very lofty claims about it's performance. When I got the bottle home, I went straight to my bathroom and got to work. I do like the foam, you simply spray it on and wait for it to turn from blue to white. Once it has turned white, you can wipe or rinse it off. The scent is very strong. So strong that even though I had my bathroom fan on and windows open, it still burned my nostrils. I had to use a mask to make it bearable. It cleaned the glass shower doors wonderfully, I simply wiped the foam off with a paper towel and it had cut through all the hard water stains and soap scum. It did not perform as well on the grout nor the base of the sliding shower doors. I even tried to scrub with a stiff bristled brush, but the Kaboom didn't seem to really have much effect on these areas. I have not purchased this product again mainly because it's too strong smelling and I have a toddler in my house. If you have a lot of glass shower doors and don't mind a very strong cleaner, then this product is for you.

Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean didn't work great for me

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean didn't work great for me. I would rate it a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10. And in words, I would rate it as "just ok". It does not do anything that any of several other cleaners can do. I expected much more from this product.

I like the idea that you spray the product onto your surface and it is blue colored. As the product does its work, the color changes from blue to white. When it turns white, the surface is supposed to be clean. So you rinse or wipe it off.

The foam changing from blue to white really works. It's pretty neat. It is one of the things I was interested in when I bought the product. I took it home and sprayed it in my bathtub. Just like I expected, the foam came out of the can blue. And it quickly changed from blue to white signifying that it was ready to be wiped off. I wiped it off, but the bathtub was not completely clean.

I still had to rub and scrub to get my bathtub completely clean. I expected the Kaboom to clean better than it did. I was able to clean my bathtub with Kaboom. But it was not as easy as "spray it on, wait for foam to turn white, wipe it off". It does not clean better or faster than other cleaners I have used.

kaboom! is right.

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

This product works on absolutely everything you hate to clean. For instance, your toilet, shower, sinks, floors, even (believe it or not) pots and pans. Kaboom! works well on even the things you wouldn't think to use it for, like your dishwasher. I spray the inside of my dishwasher with this and I let it sit over night and then run it through empty in the morning and it is beautiful inside of it! Not only that, but it actually makes your dishwasher run better. I also use this inside of my crockpot because occasionally I do burn food, I am not perfect, and it works great on that too. One of the best things about Kaboom! is that it is fast-acting, just spray it on and wipe!

Works great for all the things it says it works great on, and more!

It does not really have a purposeful scent, but it has a slight clean smell. It is not too over-bearing or intoxicating, and it doesn't seem to be one of those cleaners that the smell just spreads through the whole house and everyone gets a headache. I try to avoid those cleaners at all costs.

Just OK

from MI

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean bathroom cleaner is just okay. Nothing special, and probably pretty harsh on your bathroom hardware.

We have extremely hard, salty water at our home that leaves behind an orangish, rusty residue. I swear I have tried every bathroom cleaner known to man to try and rid my bathroom of the ever-present soap scum that is always lingering around. I thought I would give this one a try, and I even fell for it's color-changing gimmick.

Well, it does change colors, but that seemed to be about all it really did. It has a very strong smell, maybe leading you to believe that it is magically cleaning or doing something wonderful, and yes, it does change colors after a period of time, but otherwise, I didn't find that this product did a very good job at cleaning my bathroom at all. It's not magic, it's not foam-tastic, it's just "okay." I had to go back and re-scrub the sinks and showers after using this product, because no, it did not magically erase the soap scum, or really make a dent in it at all. Basically I feel like I sprayed it on, it changed colors, and left my bathroom with a very strong chemical smell. Otherwise, not much.

Not great.

Its just okay

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

When I first saw the commercial for Kaboom Foam-Tastic with Oxiclean I thought wow I got to try that. The idea of Kaboom is that it tells you when its clean. It sprays on blue and turns white when its clean and ready to wipe. I think that if you clean your shower and tubs every other day then this product will be great. But if you are like me I hate cleaning my shower. I usually clean it every three or four months. The foam after sprayed seemed like it turned from blue to white too fast. It worked with a few spots but didn't get off all the soap scum. I had to spray and wipe it a few times to get it decently clean. I don't know if its because I don't clean my shower that often but I wasn't too impressed with it. The smell was a little too strong for my taste too.

Probably work best if you clean your shower often then every other month.The foam is suppose to go from blue to white once it gets clean but it seemed the foam turned white pretty fast. I don't think it does that great of a job at making sure you don't have to scrub the mildew and soap scum off.

I am not too fond of the smell.

Comments about Kaboom Foam-Tastic with OxiClean:

I don't know why this has such a low rating. This stuff is awesome. I use it everywhere in my house. Let me clarify that I don't buy into the whole 'you don't have to scrub' nonsense with any cleaner. So I can't comment on the whole spray it on, wait, and just wash it off claim. I always used to use scrubbing bubbles in the bathroom but have found that Kaboom has a much thicker foam. It really stays on wet and vertical surfaces. That way, you can spray down the tub and tile, clean the rest of the bathroom, and come back to the tub without it all being washed down the drain. I have replaced most of my normal bathroom cleaners with this Kaboom. It does a better job on toilets than toilet cleaner. You can't clean mirrors with it though. Like most bathroom cleaners, it smells very strongly. I always crack a window and turn on the fan before spraying this everywhere or it will burn your nose all day. When you use it with a magic eraser, the results are fantastic. I also use it to clean my composite granite sink in the kitchen. It is black and hard to get clean, but Kaboom gets it done. I would definitely recommend Kaboom if you have hard to clean or heavily soiled surfaces. The can is a little expensive I will admit. I look for it on sale and then stock up. It has been safe on all of my bathroom surfaces and has never affected my pewter or anything else negatively.