Other Shampoos:
Shampoo for All Hair Types
John Frieda
John Frieda Root Awakening Purify + Nourish Shampoo

John Frieda Root Awakening Purify + Nourish Shampoo

Not my favorite John Frieda Shampoo.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about John Frieda Root Awakening Purify + Nourish Shampoo:

From time to time John Frieda send me samples, or coupons, for their products. I do belong to their club, and enjoy these benefits. I received in the mail a 0.28 fluid ounce sachet of the Root Awakening Purify + Nourish Shampoo for oily scalp & dry hair.

My hair does dry out when I go out in the Florida sun, or when I am using a cheap hairspray, so I couldn't wait to try it.

I tore the top of the sachet, and wet my hair under the shower. I then squeezed the clear, almost gel type shampoo into my hands. The first thing I noticed was the smell of mint, and when I checked on the sachet it states 'Peppermint extract and Eucalyptus'. This I loved.

I then dabbed the gel onto my hair, and ran my fingers through it. It did lather up, but not as much as I had expected. I left it on for a few minutes, and then decided to use my Sheer Blonde conditioner.

I think this was the wrong shampoo for my hair type. I do have dry hair, but not an oily scalp. My hair turned out fine, but I think it was, because I used the other John Frieda products.

It did an okay job for me.

Loved the mint smell.