4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Gray, Gray Gone Away

Wow, I got a coupon for a free sample of the John Frieda Foam Hair Colour. In order for my review to be as accurate as possible I had to see how long it would take fot the Dye to fade. I used the product on May 12, 2011, and as of June 24, today. I stll have no signs of gray. I am stoked.... Usually by now I am ready to recolor my hair, but this stuff is wonderful. I have had many compliments on the color, and have had a few people ask which salon i went to. I was almost tempted to give the name of a pricey salon in the area, but shared my secret instead. Kudos to you John Frieda on a great product.

**Ps... My husband said this stuff didn't burn his eyes or nose....**

John Frieda Foam faded FAST

I received a full sized box for free through Elle. I was able to choose what hair color I wanted, so I chose medium chocolate brown. I was shocked when I received it, because the hair color on the box looked like the brown had a lot of red to it. I was starting out with light red hair, thought the medium brown would cover it, since in other brands, it does.

The foam is tricky to use. It's fun, piling all that foam on your head. Unfortunately, that foam is hair color and while it's white or cream colored to begin with, eventually it's going to turn a color that you really don't want on your bathroom sink or on your skin. It's fun to use, but it's messy. It was an actual foam, compared to Clairol's horrible version.

Left it on per the instructions and rinsed it out. Used the included conditioner, which is a nice sized, black tube. What I noticed right away is that the conditioner smelled really great, like a regular hair conditioner, not those horrible home hair coloring conditioners that scream "smell me - I just colored my hair". Hate those. John Frieda's conditioner smelled wonderful and made my hair super soft and silky.

Dried my hair and I was left with super soft, super shiny, actual chocolate brown with some reddish highlights and even a blond highlight or two. So the coverage was spotty, even though I'd used the entire container and made triple sure to cover all of my hair. It makes your hair very tangly. I tried finger combing the color through and when that didn't work due to the tangles, I squeezed more foam on my hair and just smooshed it around with my fingers. I am 100% confident that I covered all of my hair with the foam, so that is not why the color ended up being spotty.

I loved it though. I was so very pleased with the results. Until about a week later, when my hair color completely faded straight to red. There's not a strand of brown left in my hair. It's just gone. I always wait at least a day, I try to wait 2 days, before shampooing my hair after coloring it and this time was no different. I don't understand why a permanent hair color would fade like that so fast. My hair is now dark red.

Because of the color spotting and the immediate color fade, I won't try this one again.

"Don't Waste Your Money"

from Long Island, NY

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• Graying Hair

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

This product did not dye gray roots.

• Commitment To Color:
    • Temporary

Hair color that always works.

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

The easiest overall hair coloring I have ever used. There is no mess ,no drips, just easy thick coverage. It covers grey perfectly and also blends wonderfully. I mean there is no patches. Every piece of hair is perfect. The color you want is on every strand. The colors are truly beautiful. The color does not fade and looks great for at least eight weeks. The cost is very good not to expensive but well worth the price. Have told everyone I know how great this product is. And I would stand by it always. As I have said there really isn't another product that can match it.

I would never use a different hair colorinfg ever again. I can't believe how easy this product is to use. You don't shake it you gently tilt it back and forth. The foam is amazing. When you start pumping it just comes out so thick. It stays where you put it.

Ease of Application
    So easy and effortless you will enjoy using this compared to the messy applicationsof the other brands.

Great Color and Easy Applicaton

from Chapmansboro, TN

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

I love this brand of hair color because it gives you a natural looking color with highlights and once you use the foam color and see how easy it is to apply, you will never want to go back to the messy liquid as it cuts application time in half.

I get a good color and use the same brand of color treated shampoo and conditioner that keeps your color looking good for months and find I don't have to color as often that way.

Ease of Application
    The foam is very easy to apply and you have no drips or messes like the liquid. It makes you wish all hair colors were like this but having just tried a different brand of foam color, I can tell you it did not apply as well or make the same foam as John Frieda.

• Ease of Application:

Easy to use, foolproof product

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

John Frieda Precision Foam Haircolor is one of the easiest products I have ever used to color my hair. As a licensed cosmetologist I also recommend it to my friends who need a quick color touch up or extra boost for their hair, because it's pretty much foolproof (as long as you pick the right color)! The color is super easy to mix and the applicator bottle creates a super thick foam that sticks really well to the hair. The product doesn't drip much. The foam creates enough product to easily saturate the hair, so as long as you remember to apply from root to tip, you will get even results every time. The product leaves my hair shiny and the color lasts a good 6-8 weeks before dulling. After it begins to dull a little I usually just add the Clear Shine Luminous Glaze to my routine. I only have experience with the brown and red colors, so I cannot speak on how well the blonde colors work, but if they are anything like the brown I would highly recommend!

• Ease of Application:

One of the easiest to use

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

The foaming of the hair color is one of the easiest i have found to use. I only color m hair at home and having to get the little applicator brush and slowly go through all the hair to make sure you dont miss any spots is really tiring. With the foaming action of this is just like putting in a light shampoo. The wait time for the coloring is also a reasonable amount of time.

This hair color covers great. It may be user error but most of the other hair coloring products i have used in the past have left spots that are lighter or darker then other from having to much or to little color on them and with the foaming action of this i can physically see where all the color is going and whether or not i have covered everything.

Ease of Application
    The foaming action of this hair color s one of the easiest i have ever used. I have having to use the thick foul smelling stuff other companies have which if not handled correctly can drop on the floor or sink. Having it for a shorter time helps too. When i have hair color on for more then 40 minutes my scalp starts to burn so using this kind for a shorter period of time really helps.

Hair Color is OK

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

When I first saw this hair color product advertised, I was hoping that this would be an improvement over other home hair color products. I found that this product did not work for me as I had hoped it would. I used this hair color product 3 times and the color I chose was the Medium Chocolate Brown shade. My hair is a medium to dark brown color and is wavy. I color my hair mainly to cover gray and add a some dimension to my brown hair. The color of my hair after using this was a nice natural looking color but it seemed to have a bit more red tones to it when compared to other hair color that I have used. Also, the hair color did not seem to cover the gray very well, it seems like the gray hairs had more of a red tone to them than the hair that is brown. I did like the foam formula because I felt that it was easier to apply to my hair.

The overall color was nice and natural looking. This product did not cover the gray hairs very well.

Ease of Application
    The application of this product was great. I like the foam and it was very easy and quick to apply to my hair. The smell was not too strong even though I thought that since it was a foam that it smelled stronger than an crème formula.

My Perfect Blonde

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

I have used a variety of other products to dye my naturally medium to dark brown hair blonde. Previously, I had used a variety of highlighting products to bleach and lighten the overall tone of my hair, but these left my hair with a yellowish, unnatural tone. However, after using John Freida Precision Foam Hair Color in 9N- Natural Blonde, my hair is a gorgeous natural, blonde color that I am proud to show off!

The product is so easy to use, and the foam helps to make the process almost entirely mess free. No more color running everywhere! The foam helps to make the process easy to see where the color has already been applied and helps to saturate the hair.

In addition, the foam color is relatively smell-free. This is important to me, because after using a variety of different hair coloring brands, I have found some brands to have an absolutely terrible chemical smell that makes me feel awful. This product does not have a harsh chemical scent at all.

And as a last bonus, the conditioner that comes with the hair coloring solution is great. My hair was left still feeling healthy and soft after the process, instead of dried out and fried. I would 100% encourage anyone else to buy this product, in any color shade.

John Frieda precision foam colour

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

I really like John Frieda precision foam hair colour!
    I am 23 years old so I don't have any grays to cover yet but I still love dying my hair! I was very interested in trying this foam color from John Frieda because hair dyes can be so messy and hard to use. I was very surprised at how easy this hair color was to apply! It really was a foam and it went on so easily and evenly! This is one of the easiest at home hair colors I have ever used! It also rinsed out of my hair very easily and didn't have a bad smell to it. It didn't run onto my neck and stain my skin like some hair colors do. I also like how this hair dye was gentle on my hair and did not dry it out. It gave me a really nice rich chocolate brown hair color that looks great!
    I would give this hair color 9 out of 10 stars because I wish they would expand their color repertoire. They only have a limited number of colors and they are a little boring and sometimes I do love using those hair colors but not all the time. Despite that, John Frieda precision foam hair color is a great product!

• Ease of Application:

Salon color without salon pricing!!!

from Everett, MA

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

I absolutely LOVE the John Freida Precision Foam Hair Color!!! I have tried a few different colors since I love changing my hair color every few months. I have not had a bad experience! With some colors I get a slight burning sensation on my scalp where I have very dry patches of skin. I do not get the burning sensation with this hair color which makes for a much more pleasant experience! I am a licensed cosmetologist and I would definitely recommend this product for at home coloring! I absolutely LOVE the foaming of the color! It gives better overall coverage and it makes it much easier to apply. Plus I feel like the foam gives you more bang for your buck since the foam expands. I have hair almost to the center of my back and 1 box colors my whole head. The colors are very rich and shiny and they cover my grays which is a huge plus for me. A lot of at home color products have a tough time covering gray hairs. It's a little pricey but if you stock up on your favorite color when it's on sale and you have a coupon it's definitely worth it and even at full price, much cheaper than a getting it done at the salon!

• Ease of Application:

For the person who does it themselves.

Comments about John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour:

I have to say I have dyed my hair a lot and this is one of the best products I have used. I was kind of skeptical about this hair dye since it was a foam kind. I have used foam ones before and did not have the best of luck with it. So I decided to try it on a whim since I had no reason not to and I had to dye it myself anyways. Let me tell you this is the easiest application to use and the directions are really simple. I also like the fact that it is a pump bottle and all you have to do it put some in your hand and lather it into your hair. Just make sure you do not scrub it into your scalp as it may cause some irritation. The smell like any other kind of hair dye is not pleasant so make sure you have some ventilation on or open a window. There is some tingling when you are waiting to wash it out but it just makes you really want to scratch your scalp. This is also really easy to wash out and it comes out in about a minute or two after scrubbing. This also comes with a conditioner like most which makes your hair really soft afterwards. I recommend this to anyone who wants an easy and nice dye that turns out just like the color on the box.