Other Hair Conditioners:
John Frieda

Pros

Cons

After just one use, my hair felt softer and healthier

I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for almost 3 years because it's the only hair product that keeps my hair relatively tolerable.  Then a couple of weeks ago, I got free bottles of Frizz-Ease Shampoo and Conditioner.  I figured it was free, so I really had nothing to lose by trying this new product.  Really the only consequence could have been a bad hair day, but that's what french braids are for, right?

I could not believe how amazing my hair felt.  As I was rinsing the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair, I could already feel that it was smoother and softer.  I was blown away.  I've been using Frizz-Ease Shampoo and Conditioner ever since.

I don't even need to put any other product in my hair in order to protect if from that good old-fashioned Texas humidity.  I used to have to put all kinds of smoothing and curling balms and gels in my hair in order to keep in managable for the whole day.  Now I don't even have to worry about that.  I can just wash my hair, get ready, and leave for the day without worrying about how my hair will look at the end of it because I know it's taken care of.

Frizz-Ease Conditioner is Just Okay.

I guess that I really do not think that there is anything that special about this product.  After using Dove shampoo and conditioner for quite some time, I decided to try this out.  I have been using other John Frieda products for years now, and I have been really impressed with the quality of the them.  I am just not impressed with the quality of this conditioner, even with the shampoo and conditioner combined.  I was really hoping that it would be a lot more moisturizing than it was.  While it smells really good and has a long lasting fragrance, I really wish that it was a lot more effective than it is.  I have really curly and frizzy hair, and this conditioner really isn't helping to either define my curls or reduce the amount of frizz.  Overall, I would probably not recommend this conditioner.  I think that there are probably better options for curly and frizzy hair out there.  While the product is easy to find and rather affordable, I really wish that it was more effective.

Does not work on dry, frizzy hair type!

from Orange County, CA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly

Cons

• Ineffective

• Daily Use

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I have naturally curly hair, but my hair also tends to become frizzy if not properly hydrated. I tried this product after seeing commercials for John Freida hair products on television, and was sorely disappointed. The product did absolutely nothing to hydrate my hair, so I was left with a dry, straw-like texture and even worse frizz than when I used cheaper Pantene products. The positive quality of this product would have to be its smell, as it is very fragrant and leaves your hair smelling like it has been washed at a salon.

• Hair Type:
  • Very Curly Hair

Pleasantly Surprised

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I have a unique mix of thin but plentiful hair. While that is a nice and easy to manage combo, my hair dries out pretty easily and becomes brittle. The biggest problem I face is keeping my hair soft. I have owned and tried almost every conditioner out there but I am always happy with this line of products. The smell is quite nice, but the softness it gives my hair is the real benefit. I don't especially suffer from extreme frizz problems, so I cannot really say how it helps with that other than if it softens my hair it must also help with frizz. I do have color treated hair, and it has never damaged my color. My routine typically includes shampoo of the same brand, and then adding a generous amount of this product to my hair, and leaving it on while I do other things like shave my legs. I have hair past my shoulders so the bottle doesn't last as long as the shampoo, but it's not an expensive item that I have to try and stretch out.

An Okay Conditioner

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I was looking for a conditioner that was not as expensive as a salon conditioner but something that still worked well so I decided to try John Frieda. The first time I used it I used way too much and it not only weighed down my hair but made it feel coarse in some areas. It is a thiner formula so I thought using a little more would help to cover it all but I learned less is more with this conditioner. I started using quite a bit less and it has helped dramatically improve the function on this conditioner. Though this isn't my favorite brand, it does well for a drug store type and is a lot cheaper than what you would pay at a salon. I live in a very dry climate so having an anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner is important and I will probably shell out a bit more next time to get a better formula that will work with my hair type better.

Very clean and nice smelling conditioner.

Pretty good.

from florida, USA

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

Overall, the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start series is a great option for me. The only downside to using the conditioner is that it delivers quite a large dose of moisture. This high dose of moisturization can weigh my hair down and contribute to greasiness is if use too much. With this conditioner, a little goes a long way, especially if you use the Smooth Start Shampoo first.

The Smooth Start conditioner does just that. It made my hair smoother and shinier, but could weigh it down if I used too much. One great aspect to this conditioner is that it did tame my fly-aways a lot. It smoothed them and made them lay much flatter on my head (the Friss-Ease part, I assume).

The scent of the Smooth Start conditioner is very nice and pleasant. It made my hair smell very nice, but it was not overpowering to compete with the product I use. Overall, I was very pleased with the scent.

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is great on all hair types even color treated hair. With this product a little goes a long way, I can just use a small amount and it works wonder. My hair looks so much less frizzy than what it normally does after I use this. This conditioner will leave your hair completely hydrated which is a great plus. I have tried many of the more expensive conditioners and this one works just as well as them. I think if anyone tries John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner will not be disappointed, I think they will love it as much as I do.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is really effective. I love how it helps manage my hair and leaves it so shiny.

The scent of John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is a really nice one. I love the way my hair smells after using this conditioner, it is a scent that is not overwhelming like some of the others. I am so glad to have found a conditioner that after using that the scent doesn't clash with your perfume.

Great product

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I absolutely adore the John Frieda Frizz-Ease smooth start repairing conditioner! This product leaves me feeling wonderful about my hair! After I used this particular product my hair was remarkably healthier looking, shinier, and so incredibly soft! I also really love that this product is so easy to use. Just apply to your hair after shampoo and rinse it out. Some conditioners are very complicated but this one in particular is easy and effective. I especially like the price of this conditioner. I bought it from the supermarket and it was so affordable! I would definitely use this product again. Also I loved the scent of this conditioner. It left my hair smelling so wonderful. I was getting complements all day! Overall I do plan on purchasing this product again in the future and yes I would recommend it.

I did actually notice my hair was less frizzy with extended use of this product.

Perfect conditioner for frizzy hair.

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I'm always switching my shampoo and conditioner products, and John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is one of my favorite conditioners. It definitely helps me keep my long, thick, frizzy hair manageable. No matter what I do, my hair seems to be frizzy after I blow dry my hair. When I use Frizz Ease Conditioner, I don't have to put in any other products to keep my hair straight, which is good because I don't like putting too much "stuff" in my hair.

Frizz Ease smells very good, and it keeps my hair from getting extremely knotty throughout the day. I normally leave this in my hair for two to three minutes, and it makes my hair smooth enough to brush through without having knots.

Although this is a little on the expensive side, it is well worth the cost to keep frizzy hair manageable.

This is very effective in keeping my hair from getting frizzy.

I love the scent of this conditioner. It is not too overwhelming, and it helps keep my hair smelling fresh all day long.

This is a staple product at my house!

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I love John Frieda Frizz-Ease smooth start repairing conditioner. I tend to have dry hair and John Frieda Frizz-Ease smooth start repairing conditioner does an amazing job conditioning my hair and fighting off frizz caused by humidity. This product also does a fanatastic job of making my hair super straight and smooth and so much easier to straighten with a flat iron. I firmly believe that you can spend a great deal of money on hair products but if you don't start with a good foundation such as a nice shampoo and a nice conditioner, you will not end up with the results that you want. Since I have begun using John Frieda Frizz-Ease smooth start repairing conditioner I have had fewer split ends, fewer frizz and humidity issues. John Frieda Frizz-Ease smooth start repairing conditioner is a little more expensive that standard shampoo and conditioners, but it is worth the money.

Is effective at reducing frizz and spit ends.

This product has a very nice smell. The smell is not strong.

I really like John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start

from Pennsylvania

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is one of the best products I have tried for frizz control. I have tried many different conditioners and did not notice any difference. But this product keep my hair smooth for two days until I wash it again. And we live in a very humid part of the country so if it works for me, it would work for most people.

I even used this product at the beach last month and it still kept my frizzies under control. My hair was smooth and even my daughter said "Mom your hair looks great lately" and she never notices my appearance! My hair has been the silkiest than I can remember since I was in my 20's. I color my hair as well which can cause it to be dry and frizzy so this product has made my hair look and feel young again.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner doesn't have an overpowering scent. It's a light, fresh fragrence that I hardly noticed.

John Frieds comes up trumps again.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

When it comes to haircare products my all time favorites are John Frieda. I received sachets of John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Shampoo, conditioner, and hair serum in the mail. Today I am reviewing the conditioner.

I had washed my hair with a John Frieda shampoo, and it was already clean. I then tore off the top of the 0.28 fluid ounce (8.3 ml) sachet. The conditioner had the lightest floral fragrance.

It was white, and thick. When I dabbed in on my hair, and then pulled it through it, I could feel how rich it was.

I left it on for around 5 minutes while I washed my body, then rinsed it off. I slightly towel dried my hair, and then styled it in a French twist. My hair looked shiny, the color looked vibrant, and my hair was smooth. What more could I ask from John Frieda.

Smooth, shiny, easy to manage hair.

Very subtle light floral smell.