Other Hair Conditioners:
John Frieda

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner

Pros

• Detangles (3)
  • Gentle (3)
  • Great smell (3)
  • Improves hair health (3)
  • Smooths & softens (3)

• Daily use (4)
  • Deep conditioning (3)
  • Dry hair (3)

After just one use, my hair felt softer and healthier

I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for almost 3 years because it's the only hair product that keeps my hair relatively tolerable.  Then a couple of weeks ago, I got free bottles of Frizz-Ease Shampoo and Conditioner.  I figured it was free, so I really had nothing to lose by trying this new product.  Really the only consequence could have been a bad hair day, but that's what french braids are for, right?

I could not believe how amazing my hair felt.  As I was rinsing the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair, I could already feel that it was smoother and softer.  I was blown away.  I've been using Frizz-Ease Shampoo and Conditioner ever since.

I don't even need to put any other product in my hair in order to protect if from that good old-fashioned Texas humidity.  I used to have to put all kinds of smoothing and curling balms and gels in my hair in order to keep in managable for the whole day.  Now I don't even have to worry about that.  I can just wash my hair, get ready, and leave for the day without worrying about how my hair will look at the end of it because I know it's taken care of.

Frizz-Ease Conditioner is Just Okay.

I guess that I really do not think that there is anything that special about this product.  After using Dove shampoo and conditioner for quite some time, I decided to try this out.  I have been using other John Frieda products for years now, and I have been really impressed with the quality of the them.  I am just not impressed with the quality of this conditioner, even with the shampoo and conditioner combined.  I was really hoping that it would be a lot more moisturizing than it was.  While it smells really good and has a long lasting fragrance, I really wish that it was a lot more effective than it is.  I have really curly and frizzy hair, and this conditioner really isn't helping to either define my curls or reduce the amount of frizz.  Overall, I would probably not recommend this conditioner.  I think that there are probably better options for curly and frizzy hair out there.  While the product is easy to find and rather affordable, I really wish that it was more effective.

Great for Damp Days

from Brenda, MD

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Detangles
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Smooths & Softens

• Curly Hair

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

i use this on those damp days when nothing will normally control the curls!!

• Very Curly Hair

Solves even my most disasterous hair days

from New windsor Ny

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Adds Shine
    • Detangles
    • Gentle
    • Great Smell
    • Improves Hair Health
    • Improves Texture

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

My everyday go to no matter what typw of day im having I know one drop and 5 minutes will help to create the desired look and feel for my hair to last the entire day through. Highly recommend to others daily when they ask about what I use smelling so good and making my hair so shiny

• Wavy Hair

best frizz conrtrol

from erin, new york

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
      • Detangles
      • Gentle
      • Great Smell
      • Improves Hair Health
      • Improves Texture

• Curly Hair
        • Thick Hair

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I have tried tons of conditioners, and the John Frieda Frizz-Ease is by far the best! Not only does my hair feel like silk, but it looks great too! I have very long, thick, and very frizzy hair and it usually has a really dry, course feel and look to it. I went for a hair cut recently and the woman cutting my hair said my hair was so soft and silky that the clips kept slipping out as she was cutting it! The smell is amazing too!

• Straight Hair

Does not work on dry, frizzy hair type!

from Orange County, CA

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly

Cons

• Ineffective

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I have naturally curly hair, but my hair also tends to become frizzy if not properly hydrated. I tried this product after seeing commercials for John Freida hair products on television, and was sorely disappointed. The product did absolutely nothing to hydrate my hair, so I was left with a dry, straw-like texture and even worse frizz than when I used cheaper Pantene products. The positive quality of this product would have to be its smell, as it is very fragrant and leaves your hair smelling like it has been washed at a salon.

• Very Curly Hair

Pleasantly Surprised

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I have a unique mix of thin but plentiful hair. While that is a nice and easy to manage combo, my hair dries out pretty easily and becomes brittle. The biggest problem I face is keeping my hair soft. I have owned and tried almost every conditioner out there but I am always happy with this line of products. The smell is quite nice, but the softness it gives my hair is the real benefit. I don't especially suffer from extreme frizz problems, so I cannot really say how it helps with that other than if it softens my hair it must also help with frizz. I do have color treated hair, and it has never damaged my color. My routine typically includes shampoo of the same brand, and then adding a generous amount of this product to my hair, and leaving it on while I do other things like shave my legs. I have hair past my shoulders so the bottle doesn't last as long as the shampoo, but it's not an expensive item that I have to try and stretch out.

An Okay Conditioner

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I was looking for a conditioner that was not as expensive as a salon conditioner but something that still worked well so I decided to try John Frieda. The first time I used it I used way too much and it not only weighed down my hair but made it feel coarse in some areas. It is a thiner formula so I thought using a little more would help to cover it all but I learned less is more with this conditioner. I started using quite a bit less and it has helped dramatically improve the function on this conditioner. Though this isn't my favorite brand, it does well for a drug store type and is a lot cheaper than what you would pay at a salon. I live in a very dry climate so having an anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner is important and I will probably shell out a bit more next time to get a better formula that will work with my hair type better.

Very clean and nice smelling conditioner.

Pretty good.

from florida, USA

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

Overall, the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start series is a great option for me. The only downside to using the conditioner is that it delivers quite a large dose of moisture. This high dose of moisturization can weigh my hair down and contribute to greasiness is if use too much. With this conditioner, a little goes a long way, especially if you use the Smooth Start Shampoo first.

The Smooth Start conditioner does just that. It made my hair smoother and shinier, but could weigh it down if I used too much. One great aspect to this conditioner is that it did tame my fly-aways a lot. It smoothed them and made them lay much flatter on my head (the Friss-Ease part, I assume).

The scent of the Smooth Start conditioner is very nice and pleasant. It made my hair smell very nice, but it was not overpowering to compete with the product I use. Overall, I was very pleased with the scent.

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is great on all hair types even color treated hair. With this product a little goes a long way, I can just use a small amount and it works wonder. My hair looks so much less frizzy than what it normally does after I use this. This conditioner will leave your hair completely hydrated which is a great plus. I have tried many of the more expensive conditioners and this one works just as well as them. I think if anyone tries John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner will not be disappointed, I think they will love it as much as I do.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is really effective. I love how it helps manage my hair and leaves it so shiny.

The scent of John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is a really nice one. I love the way my hair smells after using this conditioner, it is a scent that is not overwhelming like some of the others. I am so glad to have found a conditioner that after using that the scent doesn't clash with your perfume.

Great product

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I absolutely adore the John Frieda Frizz-Ease smooth start repairing conditioner! This product leaves me feeling wonderful about my hair! After I used this particular product my hair was remarkably healthier looking, shinier, and so incredibly soft! I also really love that this product is so easy to use. Just apply to your hair after shampoo and rinse it out. Some conditioners are very complicated but this one in particular is easy and effective. I especially like the price of this conditioner. I bought it from the supermarket and it was so affordable! I would definitely use this product again. Also I loved the scent of this conditioner. It left my hair smelling so wonderful. I was getting complements all day! Overall I do plan on purchasing this product again in the future and yes I would recommend it.

I did actually notice my hair was less frizzy with extended use of this product.

Perfect conditioner for frizzy hair.

Comments about John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner:

I'm always switching my shampoo and conditioner products, and John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Repairing Conditioner is one of my favorite conditioners. It definitely helps me keep my long, thick, frizzy hair manageable. No matter what I do, my hair seems to be frizzy after I blow dry my hair. When I use Frizz Ease Conditioner, I don't have to put in any other products to keep my hair straight, which is good because I don't like putting too much "stuff" in my hair.

Frizz Ease smells very good, and it keeps my hair from getting extremely knotty throughout the day. I normally leave this in my hair for two to three minutes, and it makes my hair smooth enough to brush through without having knots.

Although this is a little on the expensive side, it is well worth the cost to keep frizzy hair manageable.

This is very effective in keeping my hair from getting frizzy.

I love the scent of this conditioner. It is not too overwhelming, and it helps keep my hair smelling fresh all day long.