Other Hair Conditioners:
Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment

Pros

Cons

One of the best professional lines ever!

I'm a beauty professional.  I've been doing hair for 11 years and I've tried most of the professional lines out there.  This is the most user friendly, complete and quality lines I've ever worked with.  All the products work well together.  I often mix shampoos and conditioners together.  Same for styling products.  We call thics "cocktailing" in the salon.  The  fragrance is so luxurious.  Some items like the Damage Remedy are expensive, but its so concentrated that a little goes a long way.  I have fine, limp hair that is bleached.  I have to take extra care to keep it moisturized and styleable.  This is my favorite line.

Damage Remedy treats your hair but leaves residue behind.

I started using Damage Remedy a few years ago when my stylist took me from Jet Black to blonde.  I have a lot of fine hair that is defintely on the oily side.  With that much bleach and dye in my hair, it hurt to comb my hair.  Damage Remedy made it so soft and easy to brush, but it left so much residue in my hair.  I thought at first that I had not washed all of it out of my hair the first time, but I have hard water pressure and spent more time trying to wash it out the next few times, but everytime I had oily residue that made my hair flat.  It worked great when I used it a few times a week and used Shampure the other times.  It really does heal your hair, but it makes it so oily.  Maybe for people with coarser hair this is great.  I prefer to use it as a treament when I feel my hair is getting dried out from blow drying and straightening, but I never use it more than once or twice a week.

I love this product

from Iowa

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Detangles
  • Gentle
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Smooths & Softens

Cons

• Deep Conditioning

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

I absolutely love this product and think it does an excellent job of smoothing my hair and making it feel healthier. I use it once every two weeks to deeply condition my hair. I find that it is easy to use and that it lasts for a long time. My hairs feels healthier after I use this product and helps to keep my hair detangled longer.

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

So Far, So Good.

from MI

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

I have always been a huge fan of Aveda, mainly because of their natural ingredients, as well as the amazing smell of their products. Aveda Damange Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment is no exception - it smells great and my hair seems to drink it right up. I have been using this in conjunction with Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque for probably about a month, alternating back and forth with each hair washing, and I have noticed results.

Now, it has only been a month, and I don't wash my hair daily, so, that being said, I have probably only used this product a handful of times, but I do like the results so far. I have extremely dry, damaged, coarse hair, and I have tried every product imaginable to try and repair and moisturize my hair. After using this product, drying, and styling as normal, my hair does feel sleeker and softer than usual. The only "weird" thing about this product is that it doesn't really soak into my hair normally. It seems like I will put a pretty decent amount into my hair and it literally feels like it just disappears. It's hard to explain, but with most conditioning treatments, your hair is moist and creamy during the conditioning process - that is not the case for me with this. I put it on and my hair feels just sort of wet and as if I never put it in at all. Regardless, I like it and will continue to use it. Plus, it smells GREAT!

So far, I think it is working.

Yet another awesome product from Aveda!

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment is the part of a four step restructuring system. This system has everything you need to bring back life to your dull, lifeless hair.
    I came across this product on the website when I was browsing for the shampoo and conditioner. The description mesmerized me to an extent that I had to buy it. It said that this product helps strengthen the hair, which are weakened by heat styling, that sounded so much like my hair. I totally needed something like this for my damaged hair due to heat styling.
    The natural ingredients in this product help to strengthen and repair the hair, by sealing the moisture, castor, jojoba and meadow foam seed oils smooth hair's surface. I used this product for a long time and got a lot of compliments for my healthy and shiny hair. I will recommend this product to anyone with damaged, lifeless hair.

Better than Expected

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

I wasn't sure this was going to work as well as it has since it's such a light product and most products that work on damaged hair are so thick, but it's fantastic! Not only have my split ends been a lot better, but the breakage you get at the front of your head have gone down and my overall flyaways have been drastically reduced. I also love that it doesn't weigh my hair down at all, so adding this after the shower doesn't mean I'm going to have gummy hair. For the price, I think it could probably work a little better, but I think that overall, it's better than most other damage repairs I've tried.

Great hair repair

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

I use Aveda's intensive damage remedy 1-2 times a week when my hair needs a little extra boost of repair and moisture. It is especially great after you go swimming in chlorine pools or the ocean. My hair is noticeably easier to manage and looks healthier. The only downside is that you have to leave it in for at least 10 minutes or longer to get the full effect. I gave it a 9 out of 10 review because I know there are other products out there like Phyto that bring hair repair to another level, but Aveda did a great job with this.

Very effective if used properly (leave in 10 minutes or more before rinsing). If you get this treatment at the salon, they will put the product on, wrap your head, and put you under a heater for 15-20 minutes to really let the product do it's work. Rinse well or you will have heavy hair.

Nothing too memorable or potent. Simple, subtle, and natural. All Aveda products I've tried do well in the fragrance department.

I love this stuff!

from Forest Lake, MN

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

This stuff is great for damaged hair and on my kids. I love it for me but you have to be careful about not using every day, at least the conditioner otherwise it will make your hair limp.  Aveda products are in general good stuff and they have a liberal return policy if you do not like them.

It works better than I had expected, my hair looks great

from Broomfield, CO

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

It really works great and is well worth the money. I first tried it as a sample and was hooked, my hair looked great. It was just what I was looking for. Like all Aveda products it does what it says, doesn't use a lot of artificial ingrediants and smells great.

One of the best professional lines ever!

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

Brings life back to damaged hair

from Albertson, NY

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

My hair stylist suggested I start using Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment when I came in to have a cut about 8 months ago. My hair was dry, frizzy at the ends and showing all the damage that sun, swimming and store brand hair coloring will cause. He said to try it for a few weeks and see what I thought.

Well it only took a few days to see results. My hair became more manageable, less frizzy and certainly healthier-looking after using Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment. This is a leave in conditioner that you run through wet hair and allow to dry or style as usual. It works wonders!

Aveda is based on natural ingredients, no chemicals to strip hair of color or damage it. All of the products I have tried are genle, smell great and leave my hair in better shape than it was prior to use.

While Aveda products are on the expensive side, I think they're worth the price. After all, I'm worth it...okay, it's a dumb commercial line, but it's true.

Aveda Damage Remedy treatment helps keep hair stonger.

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment:

The damage remedy treatment works well to keep my hair stonger and healthier looking in general. I noticed less split ends and dryness using it a few times a week. I recommend this product to my friends of all hair types.