Other Flat Screen TVs:

Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television

Pros

Cons

Great off brand TV

This is such a wonderful television and I am so glad that we ended up choosing this brand over other more well known brands. I was skeptical at first because I had never heard of Insignia before but got a recommendation from one of my boyfriends' friends. He raved about the quality and now I understand what he meant. It was the most affordable for the screen size compared to other brands and performs just as well if not better. We have had no problems with any aspect of this television. The picture quality (HD and non-HD) is flawless, the sound (we have a surround sound) is great. Movies and internet streaming are all compatible and look nice. For the value of the television we got a great quality product. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a new television for any room of their home. If we ever need another television this is the brand I will go with.

Picture Quality
Great with HD shows and non-HD.

Clear and profound.

We have had our television for almost a year and have never had any issues.

Can mount on the wall or sit on a stand. Fits nicely in our living room.

Insignia - 37" LCD HD TV is just "so so, so I say no no."

The Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television is an okay television and a bit of a let down. It takes a lot of work to get the TV set situated once you buy it. I miss the days of buying a television, plugging it in, grabbing the remote and turning it on. You have to jump through a lot of hoops once you buy one of these. It’s not compatible with some of the t.v. cable or satellite companies, and if it is, you have to do fancy things to get it to work properly. The design of it is cute. It’s a little bit on the bulky side on some parts. I like the big size of it though. I myself, prefer smoother lines on a t.v. set. Especially for the price of this one, which I think is a bit high for the way it functions. The “picture quality” is nice. I feel like I’m at a movie theatre sometimes when watching this. The “sound quality” seems to be close to perfect. The “durability” is just okay. Sometimes I feel like it might just stop working sometimes because of the complications of setting it up. You have to use “2 remotes” sometimes, and after awhile it becomes a drag, so much so, that it might go back to the store. This t.v. has a lot of functions and features to it too. The “design” is cute, as previously stated, but sleeker looking t.v. sets are my favorite! The performance is just “average” because of the fancy hoops you have to jump through to get it to work efficiently. The “black” color works nicely with the picture quality. The instructions are helpful, but not easy enough for me. These are the reasons why I only give this t.v. set (3 STARS). I give this “- 37" LCD HD Television” a “6” on a scale of “1-0”. I don't think I'll recommend
this one.

Great TV with a great picture

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

We bought one of these tv's for our bedroom and it is wonderful! Great picture and the sound quality is amazing. We have to keep the sound below the teens to keep it from being too loud. Easy to set up and easy to use. Great instructions that came with it. Very happy with it.

• Sound Quality:

Decent TV for the price we paid

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

We bought this TV a year ago when it was on sale for Black Friday, and it is still playing just fine. I don't remember how much we paid for it, but I remember it being a really good sale considering that this TV is a pretty good size. We do have a few complaints with it, but overall it has been pretty good. The first thing is that we have this TV in our basement, and it does not seem to pick up HD channels all that well. It could be because it is in the basement, but I think it's signal just is not that strong. The other thing is that the picture is a little sub-par. We've made all sorts of adjustments with it, but the picture is still a little grainy at times and just not very vibrant. The sound quality is okay for us. It doesn't have an amazing output like surround sound would, but it works for us as our second TV. We watch movies on it and have our Wii hooked up to it as well. Overall I would recommend an Insignia LCD TV. It hasn't stopped working yet which is sometime a problem with "cheaper" televisions.

• Sound Quality:

This TV is beautiful, easy to use, and looks great!

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

I have loved owning this tv and would recommend it to anyone!

Sound Quality
I connected home theater system speakers to this tv to enhance the already amazing sound.

The design is so simple and sleek and would look good with any type of style of furniture or decor.

Great tv!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

This tv is great. Best Buy's store brand which is made with Samsung parts. The picture and sound are great. Had over a year, only problem was the remote quit working. The metal springs in the battery compartment had some rust on them, so I'm pretty sure that's what the problem was. Customer service was awesome and they sent us a new remote that arrived in two days. I would buy this brand again, no complaints!

Great off brand TV

Picture Quality
Great with HD shows and non-HD.

Clear and profound.

We have had our television for almost a year and have never had any issues.

Can mount on the wall or sit on a stand. Fits nicely in our living room.

• Sound Quality:

Insignia - 37" LCD HD TV is just "so so, so I say no no."

from Stockton, CA

this one.

Love insignia

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

I have had this for at least five to six years now. No problems yet, so very happy with this brand. The picture is really good and come with a spot to hook up just about everything. We've hooked our computer up to it as well. Give insignia a try if you are looking to have a tv for the long haul.

Great TV

from Caldwell, ID

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

I will start off by saying I'm by no means an expert on electronics. I make the decision, buy the item, and rarely think about it again. Unless it breaks, malfunctions, or has some annoying feature that silly ole me can't help but notice. Well, with this TV, I don't notice anything. I first noticed how great it was compared to my old box TV -- sound, picture quality, etc... but then the nice new TV became the norm and I never thought about it again. It's a great size, fits in my TV armoire and doesn't dominate the whole living room like some tacky monstrosities I see in my friends' houses. It works, it works well, and I enjoy it. I never notice any annoyances, and thus, it has been a good buy.

I wish it had a manual off button in case the two year old loses the remote. If it does have this feature, I haven't found it : /

great for a kids room

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

great tv for a kids room that does not require all the bells and whistles that you may want in a family room or tv room

Picture Quality
no complaints about watching tv or videos. It serves our family well in the kids room so we adults can watch our shows and the kids can enjoy theirs.

Sound Quality
no complaints about sound, no fuzzy or popping noises you hear with some models that don't cost an arm and a leg

like any flat screen tv, you must secure so it does not fall especially if you have young children that like to grab on things etc. Other then securing the tv from falls, it's awesome. Does not feel cheaply made.

it's a normal flat screen design. The controls are not complicated and from kids to adults we were all are able to work the controls with out feeling like throwing the remote.

it serves what we need it for and we are happy

Insignia TV great value!

from Upland, CA

Comments about Insignia - 37" LCD HD Television:

My husband and I absolutely love this TV. We purchased it as a present to ourselves after years of having no television and have not been disappointed. The picture is crisp and clear. The colors have great contrast and we've never been disappointed with anything we've watched. The colors are very rich. The sound on this machine is also great. Though some movies/shows have lower volumes, the television itself keeps up well. We do not have a cable hook up and predominately use the television to stream internet television and have had no issues with this use. The connection speed to the television is great and we do not have major problems with glitches.