1.6

1.6

Pros

Cons

great cable company

I have Insight Cable and me and my family love it! We have the basic, expanded, digital pack, HD pack and DVR service. There are so many channels to watch and they look great. There customer service dept is great, we have had problems with our service before and they are willing to help. They try to help solve the problem over the phone, but if they can't fix it they will send a tech out. Now we hae had great tech's and bad ones. Most of the contractors are not that great at solving the problems. If you get a Insight tech they are the best! They are even willing to credit my account when there is a outage. All I have to do is call them. Their On Demand service is great as well, my kids can watch their favorite cartoons on their TV instead of watching them on our living room TV. Insight's HD looks AWSOME! the picure is very crisp and clear and sound quality is great also. The DVR is the best thing ever made, I would never be able to live with out it. LOL

Standpoint from a current CSR at Insight

I currently work for Insight in Lexington, KY but don't want to reveal my name for fear of losing my job if they read this. Let me tell you, they are anal retentive about sales and whenever a customer calls in for ANYTHING, it is our duty to SELL SELL SELL. That is truly Insights #1 priority. They gave us all a 'playbook' which is basically full of false data about our competition. Some examples include, Windstream locks you into a contract, has very bad accounting practices...b.s. like that...basically if we can make something 'good' up, we can use it. I truly hate my job, but am unable to find anything else with the economy. It really sucks that you have to work EVERY holiday, including Christmas so the big wigs at Insight can make a dime while they spend time with their families.We get A LOT of angry customers calling in, but essentially it is our job to get out of issuing credits. We get a lot of calls regarding rates increasing and are ordered to tell them it is the cost of great service...let me tell you this is a bullshit script we as CSR's have been ORDERED to say.Insight BB is pretty good, but our cable service is an absolute joke. For SD channels 1-70, it would cost $56. When you try to sign up, they will try to put you into a 'bundle' package and sell you broadband and cable. As a CSR, let me tell you not to fall for it. It looks like a GREAT deal. What the CSR's and salespeople don't tell you is that when you first sign up you essentially pay for 2 months worth of service. I have had countless pissed off people calling in because their first bill is $400. I have to lie to the people to keep my job and tell them that we had explained this to them...very sad. Also those 'bundles' will increase about $20 after the first year. Also, let me tell you that 'free' wireless home networking isn't really free. It is incorporated into the cost of the broadband service, even if you don't want wireless home networking...Insight is a corrupt cable provider and definitely needs some local competition. This is from the standpoint of a current employee who is just sick of the lies.

Horrible

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

I used to have Insight for my internet service at my home for personal use. It was horrible service. I thought we were doing something wrong with our computer such as getting a virus or junking it up to cause it to run slowly, but in reality it was just the internet connection! It was ridiculously slow. You could not do anything that regular internet surfing requires these days such as streaming Netflix or Youtube. The customer service at the company was never any help with issues and often times were really rude. You also had to pay an extra charge each month just for use of an email account which comes standard with other providers such as Comcast. I also feel like the email service was causing me to lose emails somehow; either that or deleting them randomly! I will not be using Insight again and I do not recommend them to anyone either! Unless you like being paid to get yelled at!

• Content Variety/Availability:

I hope I never have to deal with Insight again.

from Kansas

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

At my previous job we had a bundle package through Insight Communications Cable Service. It included internet, television, and phone. The television service was fine. The internet and phone however were a completely different story. Dealing with customer service was a nightmare. All they wanted to do was sell me stuff. The customer service representative would direct everything back to me buying something. It made no sense.

Like I stated above, we had the bundle package through Insight at my previous job. It was overpriced but we didn't really have any other options for providers at the time. The television service was fine. We had a decent amount of channels and the service never dropped or anything like that. The internet and phone service were another story. The internet would slow down throughout the day to the point where a simple web page wouldn't load. The phone service would randomly drop out. Having a company that has an off and on phone service is NOT good for your business!

My supervisor was evil [I joke!] and would make me call customer service when we had problems. I don't think I ever once had an issue resolved. Somehow me mentioning "The internet is slowing down to a snails pace" got me a response of "well if you want to buy this...". I DO NOT WANT TO BUY ANY MORE OF YOUR STUFF, INSIGHT!

We finally dropped Insight at the company I was working for. Oh, and dropping their services was a hassle too.

Do NOT use this company!

Expensive

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

I signed up with insight communications cable service with a great starter package. I know sometimes you have to be careful when you sign up with a special because it could end up costing you a lot of money. I called in and discussed what would happen if I didn't want to stay in their two year contract and I was told they would charge me a one time fee of twenty dollars. I thought, well that's not so bad so I signed up. My promotional package was an amazing price. I would get three months free HBO and Showtime and only pay ninety nine dollars a month. Well when my HBO and Showtime was over they raised my price to close to $200 a month and charged me for the premium channels. Honestly I would have to say I do not trust this cable company. The customer service was not very good as well. The customer service representatives were not well educated on their company. Each person I talked to had a different answer for their policy and ultimately they ended up charging me over $100 to get out of their contract. I would not recommend this company. Also when they scheduled to connect my cable they never showed up. It took over a month to even get the cable once I signed up for it.

• Content Variety/Availability:

Case of the mysterious charges

from las vegas, nv

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

I am so glad insight got bought out by another company in my area. I switched to satellite along time ago anways. I was just getting sick of seeing insight continue to screw people over. They promise you a certain package price for a bundle. Then out of nowhere your bill will sky rocket. They charge for every little thing already. If you do something as simple as change the internet strength you will notice they charge you. One month our bill was double and there was no explanation. The prices are high enough already and to get any good channels you spend a fortune. The installers I have dealt with were so unprofessional. I even had one of them ask me to return my equipment myself so that he could make an extra 20 bucks off the job. Another one told me I could just hook the tv up in the bedroom myself because he was im ahurry. So he handed me the box and left. Insight is terrible and not profesional at all. I would never us them.

Customer Service
I called to cancel service. They said it was cancelled but it wasnt.

Insight cable & internet

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

Been a customer with insight for over 5 years, yet their cable and internet service tends to be garbage. Cable lags in and out all the time, not to mention the internet. As a college student internet is a necessity, yet it cuts out whenever it wants too. I'm so angry with this cable company, and i would've switched AT&T a long time ago if it weren't for them not having a line out in my area. I wouldn't recommend insight to anyone!

Insight Communication Con Artist

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

Me and My spouse called Insight up and asked them what our balance is that we have to pay off in order to renew our services. We provided them with All required information address ss# and phone # the told us we would have to pay 135.48 Plus fees for what ever new service we wanted to get. I pay them our past due balance over the phone via debit card . Then I ask to have internet only installed they told me 69.14 total 29.99 for installation and the rest for the internet. They sent a tech out, it took him 2 hour to hook us up we paid him he told us im going to my truck to make you up a receipt and never came back.

One week later im trying to access the internet nothing cant get on
So I calls Customer Service, They said somthing going on with your account and you'll need to call this # , some guy in the audit department at time Warner , (and from what i know Insight havent been tooken over by time warner yet) well he told me they did a random audit on the account and found another account linked to my same ss# used that has a outstanding balance off 258.00 and in order for our services to be restored we would have to pay this off first. When I asked why didnt you tell us this when we first called they only told us we owe 135.00 we had to pay for new service, they said human error. so now were out over 200$ and never got any service in return.

Yesterday I tried to log on to see what my bill was it says we owe 69.14 to get back on
the same 69.14 we paid to the tech that hooked us up
I calls insight that told me they dont know where the money is put me on hold to locate the tech but he never responded they told me give a couple days and it should post it's been two and a half weeks.

So pissed off I could hurt someone

Piece of ****

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

We have the Insight bundle of internet, TV, and phone. The television service is pretty good, but that's it. The phone line constantly shuts off for anywhere between 2 minutes to a few hours. This happens between 5-30 times a day. We've had Insight send over a maintenance employee and the problem was resolved for as long as the guy was over. It continued to shut off at random points later on in the day. I'm assuming it was just going through one of the cool working stages for a few hours there. All good things must come to an end, with insight at least.

Decent service

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

We really didn't want a dish, so we settled on Insight. When we started using them as a provider, the price was a great, low, introductory price - but over the past 3 years it has increased obnoxiously. We have had multiple issues with the cable box/DVR not working, and it's been replaced several times. Additionally, there seems to be at least one day a month that the service is completely out - both internet and cable.

• Content Variety/Availability:

Good customer service (at first)

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

The price is good if you get more than one service. There are lots of channels and the music stations are really great. They don't have enough HD channels.

Customer Service
After being a customer for awhile, the "promotional price" goes up. Calling customer service may result in a lower price for another year but then you have to call back in yet another year, when the deal may not be as good and the customer retention department less than enthusiastic. Unfortunately, they care even less when a rival comes into town--sticking instead to their same old sales habits--attempting to lure you into home phone service. Who needs home phone service anymore?

Reliability
rarely a problem with service--even during and after major storms.

Content Variety/Availability
Good enough.

Insight internet service very very slow in Lexington, Kentucky

Comments about Insight Communications Cable Service:

Starting about two weeks ago, my insight high-speed internet has become very slow, especially in the evening, taking a long time to even open a website. And the service also often dropped for no reason. It is caused due to my computer, since i have both high performance laptop and desktop computers at home. I will try to call Insight to see what they say about it. I really don't like insight services, but have to use their broadband internet, since we don't have an alternative here in Lexington.