Other Dog Foods:
Iams
Iams Dog Food (All Varieties)

Iams Dog Food (All Varieties)

Pros

Cons

Worth the money

I never knew that the majority of dog foods on the market were just not cutting it for my dog.  A Eukaneba specialist spoke to me in a pet store and increased by awareness drastically.  She told me how to look for the ingredients in the dog food.  Because our dogs are still carnivores ( I know hard to think of them in that manner) they need meat.  The first ingredient should be meat (and not some ground meal or bone).  Also if you are concerned with amount of times your dog is going to the bathroom you should stay away from a lot of rice or corn.  Now just off of this go to the store and check the usual advertised brand.  I bet you see a lot of first ingredients being corn.  So I was concerned that my pup went to the bathroom a lot.  This is why.  These brands are filled with fillers.  Not only does it make your dog go more often but it also causes their stomachs to contantly be processing this food.  Also you need larger crunchy bites of food.  This makes especially aggressive eaters chew and also helps their dental care.  I was amazed what these advertisers were feeding us.  Now I will say that Eukanuba is the best but well I'm still on the budget conscious end.  Love my dog but hey I don't eat filet mignon every night though either.  But something to remember is that with my old dog food I was feeding over 1 cup more than I now have to feed because that 1 cup was filler so even though you think oh that is much more.....calculate it out it really isn't.  Ok so back to my point.  I checked all the bags and the best value that was actually feeding my dog meat was IAMS.  And I do have to tell you I see a difference in my pup.  I am soooo glad I had the opportunity to gain knowledge and take care of my pup the way that she should be taken care of.  By the way IAMS is the store brand of Eukanuba.  It just so happens as you will see if you test me that bag after bag you won't find meat as the main ingredient.  This is hands down the cheapest brand with all the nutrients your pup needs.

Made my dogs sick and itchy...no thanks

When we got our two dogs (both basset hounds) they both were eating...or not eating Iams lamb and rice. I couldn't figure out why they were both itching and had diarreah so bad. I decided to try a different flavor of some chicken veggie I think, and they wouldn't touch the stuff. And these dogs would eat almost anything if you put it in front of them. I asked my vet and he told me to try a different food. Low and behold the itching and diarreah went away within 3 days. I'm not sure if there is too much fat or too much protein in the food but both of our dogs go so sick. I would never go back to that food. There are more quality foods out there for pets and I'm sticking with the one I found at Walmart. Its a little more per bag but it smells like meat and not processed corn meal like the Iams did. I'm sure its good for some animals but our dogs are treated like our kids. I would not recommend to other people.

Good, quality food

from MI

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

Our dog is eleven years old and has suffered her entire life from acid reflux as well as an extremely sensitive stomach. We have tried every dog food on the planet, trying to find something that she would eat and was compatible with her picky stomach. Iams dog food has been one of the trusted brands we have been able to keep coming back to. We have been buying Iams dog foods on and off for her entire eleven years, and we have went through all the stages of food. For several years we used the Proactive Health: Small and Toy variety which she really seemed to like. Now that she falls into the "senior" category, we have been buying her the Proactive health senior variety. It has very small kibble bits, which she seems to really like, especially since she is getting older and has a few teeth that aren't in the best shape. It seems easy for her to chew and she hasn't experienced any real stomach problems since eating it. Overall Iams dog food is a brand that we trust and our picky eater dog seems to enjoy.

Great products

from TN

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

I have four dogs and we go through dog food really fast. I have tried many different flavors of the Iams dog food with them and they have all been a hit. My dogs seem to enjoy the foods with the chicken flavor in them the most. I love these dog foods because they are very healthy for my dogs and are very affordable at the same time. My dogs have never had a problem with these foods. Some other brands leave their stomach upset and end up having to use the bathroom a lot, but not Iams. I also love that this dog food does not have a super strong smell to it. I hate when I can smell dog food from across the room. I would definitely recommend this dog food to others because their is a lot of different flavors to choose from and it is something healthy to feed your dogs. Iams is also available in a lot of different sizes of bags. I like this because it is affordable for whatever my budget may be when I happen to need more dog food.

Iams So good

from Harvard Il

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

After a very bad experience with another brand of dog food that made my dog extremely sick, I choose to switch to Iams. Iams is a bit more expensive for a smaller bad than the other brand I was using, but I thankfully came across Iams SO GOOD that still promised good healthy food for a lower cost. It's been a while since we switched and I am extremely happy that my wonderful dog is not suffering with illness anymore. She seems to be doing very well on this new brand. I am concerned about her weight,though, so I have been considering trying the Iams weight control variety. I get very nervous changing her food since she does have a sensitive system that does not do well when new things get introduced into her diet. If I find a good deal on the weight control variety I might just give it a go in hopes that it will help control her figure. I do not feed her anymore than what is required, but then again she is old and not very active at all with having arthritis in her back legs. Overall she is very satisfied with Iams and so am I.

Quality of Ingredients
wish there weren't fillers but more natural ingredients.

• Flavor Selection:

Have you read the ingredients?

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

For the life of me I can not understand how Iams gets away with charging so much for their dog food.
I used Iams exclusively for a long time. It's in lots of Veterinary offices, it's advertised as high quality, and judging from the price per bag, people ( including me ) assume that it's a healthy dog food choice. However if you read the label, it's not. Meat is not even anywhere near the top of the list of ingredients. Grain is at the top and some sort of meat meal, depending on the specific flavor you choose!
Many dogs' digestive systems, including my Pomeranian's, do not handle grain well. It's not natural for them to be able to digest it easily. I was horrified and really angry that I had been thinking that I was feeding my dogs a healthy diet when I really, I could have bought a much less expensive brand and gotten the same quality.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality is just not there. Feeding Iams to your dogs is equivalent to letting your children eat nothing but fast food.

Flavor Selection
They do have a large selection of different varieties but none of them are truly healthy.

• Flavor Selection:

A little expensive but very high quality dog food.

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

Iams is well noted for their high quality dog food. I have purchased this brand a few times over the years, usually when it is on closeout somewhere since it is normally much more expensive than my normal brand of dog food I feed. I have always been happy with their brand and would probably feed it more often if it was more affordable. I have never had a dog fail to thrive while feeding the Iams products. I do like their puppy food, and buy that especially if I notice some puppies are not gaining weight like I would like to see.

Quality of Ingredients
Very high quality, but I don't notice much difference in my dogs to make it worth my while to purchase this all the time. The do just as well on the normal lower priced dog food brand I usually purchase.

Flavor Selection
Even at the small grain & feed store we have, there is always a large selection of flavors to choose from. Anything I have tried from them my dogs have eaten with no problems.

• Flavor Selection:

The only dog food I would use.

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

My overall rating is a ten because of all the option they have.they have the right kind of nutritan every dog needs. I have 3 dogs. Two are from the shelter and the lady there said that was the best food. That you can give a dog. My dogs are two. Seven and nine. They are very healthy dogs thanks a
Iams dog food.

Quality of Ingredients
I rate the different kinds of iams dog food for each age groups. Iams is the best on the variety. My dogs love it. I gave my dogs different food and they get sick. The people I got my dog from said it has little preservatives in it. Made from mostly meat. So want my dogs to live long healthy years so I buy the best. You should never buy the cheap food it messes up there insides.

Flavor Selection
I give it a ten for the flavor. My dogs love changing it up. I have to buy 2 different kinds.one for adults and younger dogs. They love all the flavors. My dogs love the chicken one. But will always eat any of them. But love the chicken bag.

IAMS Dry Dog Food

from Hannibal, MO

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

I found a bag of IAMS on sale and thought "well it is supposed to be one of the best." so I grabbed it up thinking I had an awesome deal. My dog (his normal food is Kibbles and Bits) usually starts trying to eat his food as I am pouring it, not so with IAMS. I added just a little (as instructed when changing foodsand he was eating away but the IAMS was left in the bowl. Only the Kibbles and Bits was gone. After 8 days he still continued to only eat the Kibbles and Bits. Whhen all that is in his bowl is IAMS he will not eat it.

dog lover

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

I like the large breed chunks....less nuggets get thrown around in my dogs' enthusiasm to eat. our Shih Tzu and Boxer both enjoy their food and never leave any in their bowls. Their coats are shiny since we started feeding this. We originally started using IAMS when recommended by a friend when we had mentioned that our dog had frequent loose stools. His dog had a similar problem and IAMS was recommended by his vet. Within 2 days of feeding IAMS, no more soft stools. we now buy no other dog food.

Truly amazing dog food!

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

Iams is an AMAZING company. They offer quality dog foods at reasonable prices. This is only one of the reasons I choose iams! In addition, they have different types of dog foods. They have food for young puppies, as well as food for older dogs. Not only that, but they have food for dogs on a diet! One day, I noticed my dogs were getting over weight. I knew this would shorten their lives, just like It does with humans, so I decided to put them on a diet. All I had to do was start feeding them iams healthy dog food for dogs that need to lose weight. Now my dogs have a good weight and are very healthy! Now that's the power of Iams!!!

Quality of Ingredients
Natural high quality ingredients, absolutely amazing!!! My dogs love eating their food every day! When it's natural, I also have a peace of mind knowing I'm feeding my dogs quality food!

Flavor Selection
There aren't many flavors, but that's ok with me. Although humans can be quite picky with flavors of foods, dogs enjoy just about anything edible!

Quality pet food

from Maple Shade, NJ

Comments about Iams Dog Food (All Varieties):

Iams pet food is an excellent value and also very high quality for the price that you pay. I'm screwed Comis in such a great variety of different tastes and textures that you will always find something that your pet will enjoy. I also like the fact that you can find iams in grocery store or in your local pet store. They have different varieties from natural food to also food that helps you control weight or sensitive stomachs. I feel like they thought about everything when making a student to make sure that they have something that can help in any particular situation. They also make petfood that you can use through all the stages from puppy to an elderly dog they find ways to make the nutrition change over their lifetime that they can be there for you throughout your pets lifetime. I have used this food throughout different stages of my pets life and I'm confident in recommending iams