Other Space Heaters:

Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Works great when it's not blowing the fuse

Tired of high heating bills last winter, my husband and I decided to try using space heaters instead of cranking up the thermostat each time that we were cold.  Therefore, we purchased the **Holmes HFH2986 One Touch Space Heater**.

We first tried plugging it into an outlet in our living room but soon found out that it would blow the fuse.  We tried it again in another outlet and had the same problem.  We ended up having to plug it into an outlet in the kitchen and run an extension cord into the living room.  It was annoying but at least the heater worked that way.  My husband is handy and went to school for electrical engineering so he knows his way around electricity.  He didn't think that the heater should cause such problems but he also wasn't up to spending time researching why it was happening.  To be fair, the problems may have something to do with our wiring and not the heater.

We used the heater using the extension cord all winter long last year but this year decided it's not worth the hassle and are using another heater in the living room instead.  I have to admit that I will miss it though.

The **Holmes HFH2986 One Touch Space Heater** is very quiet and heated our living room really well.  I liked that I could put it on an individual heat setting (from 60 degrees to 80 degrees) and that it would automatically turn off when the room reached that temperature.  I hate to admit it but more than once, I forgot to turn it off when I left the house and it was nice to know that it would turn off by itself and not continue to run when no one was home.

Safety-wise it's nice because the exterior always remained cool to the touch and if the heater happened to tip over, it would automatically turn off.  That's important because I have two active children who knocked it over more than once and left it in that position.

The company touts that the heater is "1 Touch," which is nice but wasn't a factor in our purchase.  Even with a one touch button, I still had to push it several times to obtain the heat setting that I wanted.

While our household is no longer using the **Holmes HFH2986 One Touch** **Space Heater**, I still would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality (and safe) heater.  It would work well in both an office or a bedroom because it's quiet and would not disturb anyone.

Seemed Like The Perfect Solution

Very economically priced and space saving, good for small spaces in close proximity to an outlet with adequate amperage.

It makes very good heat for a small area. the...Read complete review

It makes very good heat for a small area. the heat is focused and concentrated and blows hot air in a forward direction.

This heater, draws too much electricity, and causes my regular circuit breaker to trip repeatedly. If you have a 20 amp breaker available, thats the only place to use it. Aside from this drawback, the item is othewise uncomplicated.

Heavy duty hard plastic construction. It won't shatter or come apart if you accidently drop it. No sharp edges.

Attractive in appearence. Inconspicouous in any room of the house. Operates very quietly. The power cord should be much longer for practical use.

Safety
Use with an extension cord is not recommended, therefore if you don't have 20 amp outlet within the reach of it's power cord, you may have a safety issue. You won't get burned when you touch the unit after it heats up.

Seemed Like The Perfect Solution

• Safety:

Great option for the price

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

this is not a really expensive portable heater, and it does a great job for the price. It is not going to heat a huge room, and it is not exactly whisper quiet... but it will heat a small room such as a bedroom and keep it comfortable. The only thing I don't like about it is the 1 touch start, it is a pain to cycle through. Also, be careful you don't leave it on the wrong setting, or it will run constantly and turn room into a sauna.

Great for small spaces

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

Since my husband and i are very different in our heating and body temperature needs, we decided to invest in the holmes portable whisper quiet power heater with 1 touch (model number HFH2986). This portable space heater is great because it can be easily moved from room to room, and can be placed very near to where I am located. It is also convenient because I can directly benefit from the heat, and my husband does not have to bothered by the entire house being heated up beyond his comfort level.
This has been a life saver for us. Before, we used to have arguments about the temperature of the house. Now, we are quite content with the temperature!

This is so easy to use, simply plug in and set to the desired temperature. It is so quick and easy to use, you will love having it in your home!

Safety
I have never had any concerns about saftey; we have an infant and dog at home and I feel safe with it around both.

• Safety:

Works great for small office space

from Idaho

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

I purchased Whisper Quiet Heater to be used in my office. I have a small office. In the fall and spring we have maybe a week when central heat is off and it is not quite warm outside. So I really need a small portable heater to keep me warm for these weeks. I purchased Whisper Quiet Heater at my local Walmart. It was relatively cheap and had basic functions. It has a temperature set up and two modes. It can be constantly on or it can be run in a thermostat mode. I always have it in on mode. I never used thermostat mode, so I cannot comment on it. The nice thing about Whisper Quiet Heater is it is really quite. It does not disturb me from my work and I do not end up with a headache after a day of work. It actually quite then our central heating system. As for heating, it heats fine, but I have a small office.

Good for small spaces

Very straight forward, no bells and whistles

I do not use it daily but seems like durable product

Simple and modern

Safety
I did not encounter any safety issues

• Safety:

One small product but packs a big punch to knock out cold.

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

Let me start off by saying i was a bit worried when i first saw this heater because i for one live in a basement apartment and it gets really cold winter season. After reading about it and seeing the functions i said let me give it a try wont hurt and price was good. When i brought it home for a test spin i was amazed how well and fast it heats my room i have told friends and family about this product and they have been happy. I am telling you it works you will be amazed.

Great and fast.

very easy to use.

Great had it for a year no problems. Light and compact and works fast too.

Small and easy to put anywhere.

Safety
Yes has auto features. Its also kid friendly so no worries there but as an extra measure you might want to keep it above where it is not in the way.

Great product

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

I wanted to get a little heater for our downstairs bedroom. We have a tri level, and the downstairs does not stay as warm as the rest of the house. I wanted one that would turn off when it hit a preset temperature, and one that was cool to the touch. This one really fit the bill. It quickly warms up a room, and I feel that it is safe because it doesn't get hot, and will also turn off on its own. I was nervous about a fire accident with a heater, but I like the safety features on this one. Additionally, you can use it as a regular fan in the warmer weather. The price of this one was right, too. Not very expensive. I would recommend this if you want to find a heater for a small room.

nice office heater

from Stone Mountain, GA

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

i purchased the holmes portable whisper quiet power heater with 1touch to heat my office during the cold winter months. the heater performs very well in the small office space. i really like that it is cool to the touch even when heating up the room. i also like he difference options for the blower. this heater has made a big difference to the warmth of my office since in previous years my feet always felt like blocks of ice no matter how warm socks i would wear to work. i would recommend this space heater to anyone trying to warm up a small space like an office. i do not know how well it would perform in a bigger room - i rather think it would not have enough power.

• Safety:

perfect for small or large spaces

from Bend, OR

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

I have had this Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater for about 2 months now and it has more than meet my expectations in warming small and large areas in our home. More importantly, it is really whisper quiet and very easy to operate plus the outside casing stays cool to the touch even when its operating at its highest heating option. I would definitely recommend this Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power heater to anyone who is looking for a portable heater.

I just purchased one of these about a month ago and have used it almost everyday before work because its perfect for warming up the area I am in and saving on heating the entire living room area saving on my energy bills. But, I have also used it in our garage area as the only heat provider and it keeps us cozy and warm without any other heating appliances in a 700 square foot area.

I love that the controls are so simple, and you cant accidentally turn it on or off giving that added safety factor that is important to me when it comes to selecting an appliance that provides any type of heat output.

I have purchased a few heaters from this company, and the last small portable heater I purchased was ceramic so I was a bit skeptical when I purchased this one as far as it not being as sturdy as my previous ceramic one. But, much to my surprise this heater provides the same level of heat and comfort as my ceramic one did. Also, I was a bit worried that if I dropped it, maybe it would crack but so far so great. I have dropped it twice on concrete from about 3 feet above the ground with not one chip or crack in the casing as a result. Sweet!

I love the design of this Holmes portable whisper quiet power heater because of the fact that it really is whisper quiet. If it wasn't for the heat coming out of the heater, i would probably not even notice it was on because its so quiet. I really love that about this model and that is why I decided to give it a try and because I trust the Holmes brand.

Safety
I am so thrilled that the exterior of the heater doesn't get warm as some other products I have used in the past have. This is a huge deal when it comes to keeping my family and pets safe. Love it!

Perfect for small spaces

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

We bought this heater two autumns ago to use it on my daughters bedroom to keep her warm, and it did pretty much it job. This year we've been using it on our living room as it gets pretty cold, it heats well, the only problem is that you have to be near it to actually feel it, I guess it will be perfect for an office or a small space . It is also really easy to turn on or off (just a touch of a button) and also it is very easy to adjust the temperature. I could not go another winter without it is really a life saver on those really cold days. It looks sort of like a fan, and we didn't think it would last long but it has been with us for the last 2 years and counting.

• Safety:

Not exactly whisper quiet but does provide heat

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Holmes Portable Whisper Quiet Power Heater with 1Touch:

For the price that I paid for this unit, I can't be disappointed that it isn't in fact "whisper quiet". Then again, how many electrical appliances are quiet? This heater has multiple settings and once it reaches the set temperature it shuts off automatically, although I have noticed it will shut off when it is too close to things (perhaps it things the surrounding area is heated to the set temperature and not the area further from it?) I guess it is a rather good thing because it can serve as a safetly mechanism as well. This heater can also serve as a fan so it is multifunctional and it does a good job of heating small areas like a bedroom or office.