Other Space Heaters:

Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch

Pros

Cons

Good space heater

I lived in an apartment with central heating and air. So in the fall they would keep the air on as long as there was still a chance for a heat wave. In the spring the air would be turned on at the first sign of sun. There was not much natural light and we had wood floors so our apartment was cold... often. This was the first and only space heater we purchased. Our 800 sq. ft. apartment was easily heated in 20 minutes or so with this space heater. It is especially nice because there is a warmth that radiates directly from the heater so you could stand next to the heater and be especially warm. There is an automatic shut off if the heater tips over and it can warm up pretty quick so this is a great feature.

The covering is metal and I always wondered if something were to get close it might catch on fire but we were always careful about having a large open space in front of the heater. This heater is a space heater and should not be considered as a replacement to heating. The handle on the back is not very good for gripping and moving the heater.

This heater is great for immediate heat.

The Holmes Tower Quartz Heater is a small, upright electrical heater.  It is great for knocking the chill off in an area that hasn't been heated.  It is also good for auxilary heat in a room that is not kept warm.

The Holmes Tower Quartz Heater features a thermostat which gives you control over the amount of heat it generates.  It also has a heat control which can be set on hi heat or lo heat.  You start the heater on the hi setting until you reach the temperature you want, then you lower the thermostat until the heater / fan stops running.  After that, the heater control will maintain the temperature automatically by turning the heater off and on.

This heater is relatively lightweight and could tip over easily.  Although it has an automatic shut-off feature to turn the heater off if this happens, I am wary.  I feel that it could easily start a fire if tipped over and nobody was monitoring the heater.  In my opinion, this heater should be monitored closely while in use.

Holmes 1 touch electric heater

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

One of the heating tubes no longer works ! Do I replace it or the heater itself ?

It runs beautifully and is efficient .Clean heat ! Very quiet too !

That 1 touch button is Great and convenient and simple to operate.

Oh yes , that it is ! Very sturdy and stable !

Very modernday and streamline !

Safety
Very safe and safety packed ! Cuts off automatically when tilted back or to the side !

• Safety:

A potent heating machine, but fatally short lived.

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

My area of the country is not known for it's cold winters. When your furnace goes dead in the middle of winter, that fact is of little consolation. Last year, that exact scenario took place in my home. The Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater was my first choice in attempting to combat Jack Frost.

I placed the heater in our master bedroom and fired her up. Within seconds, merciful heat filled the room. Over the course of a few hours, the room became so hot, I had to turn the heater off. Make no mistake, this product works, and my bedroom is not small.

Dogs can sometimes be a safety hazard, and this product lived up to the challenge. On several occasions, the heater got knocked over, and the safety feature immediately turned off the heat. The 1Touch system proved easy to use, and the overall sound pollution was always at a minimal. I give this product a lot of credit for helping my family through the winter. The drawback unfortunately, is a hard bridge to cross.

It took nearly a month before my furnace was repaired. A few days prior to the arrival of an HVAC technician, the heater began to falter. It progressively made more noise, and became less efficient at heating. We kept the heater on back up for particularly cold nights, using it in addition to the repaired furnace. Two months later, the heater was dead.

Holmes makes a good product in terms of heating ability, but the durability of this particular product is pitiful.

Heating performance is where this product shines. From across the room, it feels like you're in a sauna. When you're sitting next to it, you might as well be on fire.

No problems at all.

In this day and age, there is no excuse for any product to die in a couple months. Holmes needs to either modify it's manufacturing technique, or hire some new quality control employees.

The design is not bad per say, however, it is easy to knock over.

Safety
The safety features worked perfectly. Holmes clearly has high quality control standards in this category.

awesome little heater

from Pinnacle, NC

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

Awesome littleheater, heats up space quickly. Whils the outside is safe and cool to the touch. Great if there are pets or little ones around. Great for older adults who are cold but forget it was on and try to move it, wont burn.

Heats up space quickly, nice heat.

Nocomplicated settings.

Very curable. Been through 2 moves and teen boy still great.

Not showy but not something to hide.

Doesnt get hot totouch.

• Safety:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Winnfield, LA

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

Overall the heater worked pretty good.

I heated the necessary room that it was used in.

All I had to do was take it out of the box and plug it in.

I purchased to of these heaters and each one of them stopped working for no reason. It was plugged in and working fine and then all of a sudden it just stopped coming on.

The design is space concious.

Safety
After it reaches a certain temperature in the room that the heater is being used in it will turn itself off.

Great space heater!

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

Our heater usually doesn't heat up the whole 2 story house so I would put the Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater in my bedroom and it worked wonders! It heats up the room really quickly! I've had it for almost 2 years now. It's a little loud but not too much that it won't let you sleep.

Great for my basement.

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

I would recommed this heater for anyone. Does a great job for a relatively small space. I use it in my finished basement. It does not heat the whole room, but it does take the chill off. The room that it is in is about 30x20.

Does great for a small room, and still does well for a large room. It just doesnt heat the whole room.

I really like the one button operation.

I have had the heater for about 2 years, and it is still going great. It has not regressed in function or look.

Overall compact design, and not too clunky.

Safety
It has a reset on the back, if the unit kicks itself off. Overall seems pretty safe. It does not get extremely hot on the sides and back.

Love this heater

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

This is a wonderful space heater! I have used it for the past two winters in addition to the electric heat in my house. I like the fact that I can move it around easily. Sometimes I need to just warm up one part of the house a little bit more. And this heater does the job perfectly. It is compact and easy to transport. And it is small enough to set in the bathroom when its super cold! It has a wide range of settings, with many different combinations of high and low temperatures. It goes on and off automatically, when you have it set to a certain temperature. And it has an automatic shut off feature that makes it very safe indeed. Even when it is accidentally bumped or knocked over by a child or even the dog, it will automatically shut off. This definitely provides peace of mind as well as eliminating a possible fire hazard in the home.
This is a wonderful addition to a home or office when the weather gets cold and the wind blows this winter. It will take the chill out of a room and keep your toes nice and toasty! I really love this heater!

We made a right choice.

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

We made a right choice by purchasing this room heater. We needed a small one for our midsized bedroom. It heats up relatively quick and has auto-shut off when the desired temperature is reached. We now want to get another one for the living room. Overall greatly pleased.

Light and Easy to use

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

It is very light and portable to use. Since I get cold very easily it was the perfect item for me. I could easily control the dials and heat would be produced very quickly. Just a concern though to everyone, don't put the heater too close to you.

• Safety:

A good short term heater

from Villa Rica, GA

Comments about Holmes Portable Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch:

This heater puts out a lot of good heat, but only in 1 direction and is quite noisey. I had one & it stopped working after one winter. I don't really feel like I got my money's worth & won't buy another one. It just seems like it's built very cheaply & I would have expected it to have lasted longer.

It worked good for one winter & then broke.

Easy to use, but only blows warm air in one direction.

Very cheaply made

The design is ok, but needs to be built better so it will last longer.

Safety
I feel it was safe, as it shuts off at desired temperature.