Other Space Heaters:

Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater

Pros

Cons

Holmes HCH4051 ceramic heater is perfect for my room

I have used my Holmes HCH4051 ceramic heater this winter in my bedroom and it has worked great. It has 2 levels 750w or 1500w and a automatic shut-off. It does great at keeping the temperature and keeps me warm. It is quiet and small so it works perfect for me. It was inexpensive too and doesn't cost much to run per day. I actually do not have to run it long even on the coldest days. I have not been disappointed with it and have not needed any other heat source for my room. It comes with a 3 year warranty which I haven't needed, but is nice to know you have if needed. If you have a large room to heat, you would probably want something bigger. I would definitely recommend it or any other holmes heaters since they have always worked great for me.

Does what it claims

Use it year after year without any problems

small but effective

Holmes Ceramic Heater puts out...a little too much

This heater is cute, and really nice.  It is really small and compact, so it fits really well on a clutterd desk.  We were keeping it next to our desktop computer because it gets extra cold in that part of our house (we have no idea why).  It puts out a lot of heat for being such a tiny little thing.  Unfortunately there is one little design flaw: the plug gets too hot.  It has melted several outlet ports on a plastic zip strip we had plugged it into.  Sadly we had to switch it out with a different heater, as we didn't want to keep ruining zip strips!  Where it works now it's fine.  The plug won't melt an ordinary wall outlet, so it's fine for that.  Just beware where you are plugging it into, that's all.  I would suggest maybe making the thing a little bigger, or make it draw less current or something.  In any case, I really like the quality of a ceramic heater.  The heat is warm, but not too warm.  What a nice invention!

Effective little heater

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

I have a small issue with the pipes freezing in my master bathroom. The pipes run along an outside wall and there is little insulation in the overhang that is right next to the pipes. My contractor suggested this portable space heater to hopefully address the issue of the pipes freezing when the temperature drops below 15F. I have been very impressed with the effectiveness of this heater and just the change in my electric bill since I started using it. It heats up the small space (my master bathroom) very quickly and I feel that it is a very safe product to use. Like with any portable heater, you have to use common sense, keep it in an open area in the space you're trying to heat, and not leave the house with it running. It is an inexpensive upfront investment and it does a very effective job heating the area that I need heated. I am impressed with this product and will keep the brand name in mind as I shop for other household purchases.

Works well

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

My spouse brought this heater home one day for the office and it works fine. It gives off just enough heat to keep your legs warm but if you accidentally touch the metal...OUCH! When it is super cold, you wish it would give off more heat but it is small so what can you really expect. I would not recommend this if you have kids that are running all over the place near this thing or may potentially get around it without you in the room. There are different levels of heating on the dial. It's a really easy heater to use and it was pretty cheap in comparison to the other heaters out there. I would recommend this for a smaller room, this is not going to heat a large room. At least not when I used it. You'll get the most out of it if you are right next to it not far away from it. We don't use it very often anymore however when I plugged it in, it still worked so that was awesome. Other than that, its a good price, would not recommend if you had kids that could get around it.

Came and gone

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

We've purchased several heating units for our little travel tailor. This was one of them. It really didn't last that long, about six months. It would get really hot, especially for such a little thing. The size was so convenient and small it was a huge bonus. It worked great for us for a half of a year then it over heated. Electric heaters tend to freak me out a bit so when this just about melted. I didn't like it.

It gets very hot, works well in that regard. Burned itself out when we owned one.

Not too many knobs or settings, it is very easy to use. It doesn't swivel or anything but does pump out a lot of heat for it's size. Basically plug it in and turn it on your requested temp, you have option of low, med or high.

In my opinion it burnt itself out. The screen was also very hot to he touch.

This is why I originally bought this heater. I loved the size and shape of it. It is a great concept especially for small spaces.

Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater Is A Powerful Machine

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

This heater really put out some great heat. My room stays so warm, and comfortable.

Does a great job, and in no time it warms a nice size room.

Simple manual settings.

I had this product for over a year. It works fine

Nice plain design, nothing fancy. Cute, and petite.

Safety
I keep my heater away from anything that may cause a hazard.

Great small heater

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

I bought this Holmes heater a while ago. I love the ease and the portability of it. It gives off the perfect amount of heat that you desire, and it works really well. The only qualm I have with it is that you can't get too close to it. I have children running around, and it would not be good if they got too close to it. I only use it at night in my room, where my children will not be. I will continue to use this heater because it's lasted a few years already and still works the same as it did brand new!

Works very well and puts out the right amount of heat. Easily adjustable to your preferences.

Just turn the buttons to your preferences and you're good to go.

I have one of these heaters, and it's lasted me a few years already with no signs of slowing down.

Nothing special, but I like that it is black and small, but big enough to heat small areas.

Safety
You don't want a child too close to it, but otherwise it's fine.

Very Effective Heater

from Sand Springs, OK

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

I purchased this Holmes portable heater to help suppliment our home heating. Just like a lot of houses, you get some rooms that seem to have more of a chill about them then others. This heater does a great job of taking off the chill in these rooms. We use it in our living room where my boys like to place their beanbags around it to keep warm while watching television, reading, or playing video games. My wife uses it while sitting at the computer doing her work. She has also used it by the baby changing table to help my smallest one stay warm while she is getting him dressed. So the performance of this unit is excellent. It is also very easy to use and move around where you need it. The price was also very reasonable. If you want a great little ceramic heater, you can't go wrong with this one.

Good space heater

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

This heater is easy to lug around and convenient for a dorm room. Small spaces benefit the most from this small space heater because although it has a variety of settings, the heat doesn't blow very far and won't be good for a large home. Once you set the temperature, the heater will work until it senses that it has achieved the desired temperature and it will automatically shut off. However, it probably will not take long for it to start up again because most rooms/apartments/homes retain heat well and the air moving around the room will cool it down. Therefore, this is not a practical heater for someone who lives in a cold place that needs constant heat blowing around, it will definitely make your electricity go up! I suggest layering on some clothes and a blanket because this heat does get hot after extended use and I wouldn't recommend leaving it on unattended.

• Safety:

Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater is Great for heating small areas.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

We really enjoy our Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater. It is portable, so we can carry it where ever we need heat. Of course, it works the best in small spaces (like our bathroom), but sometimes, when I am particularly cold, I will carry it up the bedroom and just sit in front of it to keep me warm. (Sometimes I take the hair dryer and warm my toes, too.) For being fairly inexpensive, the Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater works very well. We have been very pleased with our purchase.

Handy little powerhouse

from Owensboro, KY

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

This ceramic heater was a godsend when our furnace went out Christmas Eve! We had two going in two rooms and it really kept the cold away while we waited for repairs several days later.

These heaters really produce the heat. We don't have small children to worry about, but it would be a concern if we did because they do get pretty warm themselves.

Nothing complicated at all - easy to use controls.

We've owned these heaters for several years and they never have failed us yet.

Safety
Would be concerned if a small child touched the surface of the heater. I would use with caution with children.

• Safety:

This is a great little heater,works great even under extreme use

Comments about Holmes Portable Ceramic Heater:

I had one of these at my previous job. I literally used it every single day of the year for many, many years and it never broke down or became less warm. I love the adjustable heat mechanism that shuts it off once it has reached the desired temperature. This is an excellent heater.

This heater out performed all previous heaters I have ever owned. I no longer work at the job, but I'm certain whomever received my desk enjoys this heater and will for many years to come.

It is extremely easy to choose the desired temperature, and the heater does the rest. It shuts down and starts up as needed to maintain the desired heat temperature. It also has a fan, which does not cool very well, but definitely circulates the air and keeps it nice.

I have dropped this heater, knocked it across the room, kicked it, got it tangled in other cords and smashed it against the 4x4 wooden legs of my desk. This heater is super solid and super durable!

The design of this heater is excellent. It looks nice, is compact, and is super easy to use.

Safety
This space heater has a safety feature where it shuts off immediately if it becomes too hot because something is in front of it, or if it is knocked over. This is super safe.