Other Shampoos:
Dandruff Shampoo
Head & Shoulders
Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties)

Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties)

Pros

Cons

Head and shoulders got rid of acne for me!

I have sensitive skin that dries easily in the winter. My scalp is the same way, but it's not as bad at all. I've only found myself with a little bit of a dandruff issue when my skin starts getting dry ...every other winter maybe. In the past when I've used Head and Shoulders, the dandruff usually seems to persist for at least a day or two. In some cases, it even seemed to get worse BUT eventually after about two days, it goes away. I've had a slight acne problem my whole life. I still have a few blackheads lingering on my back. The other day, I googled home remedy solutions to this problem. I found a case where a woman had her husband use head and shoulders to wash his back, which was pretty bad. The woman said that her husband's acne completely went away just three days after using head and shoulders on it! This sounded too good to be true, but since I had nothing to lose I gave it a try. It's been two days only, but I'm already seeing improvement!

head and shoulders just doesn't work!

during this past winter i had really bad dandruff, so some one had suggested head and shoulders. they told it works, so i bought it and used it. i didn't use even half the bottle because it made my scalp even drier then it was in the begining. i end up bigger flakes and my scalp hurt.my boy friend said that i had to keep using head and shoulders for about a month or so for it to work. i could not keep using  this head and shoulders,so i tried one of the other head and shoulders with conditioner( oh i forgot that the original tangles up your hair),  well atleast this head and shoulders with conditioner didn't tangle up my hair as much, but the shampoo didn't do anything different for my scalp. it still was dry and itchy, the flakes were still there. so i do not recommand this product, neither one of the head and shoulders, if you are trying to get rid of dandruff. one good thing about the head and shoulders with conditioner is it does soften your hair, but does not work for dandruff control.

Wouldn't recommend

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

I hate to give a product such a bad rating, but I've tried Head and Shoulders several times, and it just has not helped me one bit. I get pretty bad dandruff - not like shoulders-coated-in-dandruff bad, but more like head-coated-in-dandruff bad. When I brush my hair, it gets loosened from my scalp, and it's just a nuisance. I was hoping that Head and Shoulders could help me with this, but it actually gave me more dandruff! I don't know if it just dried out my scalp, or what it was, but I definitely would not recommend this brand to anyone, because if you don't have dandruff and use these products, you might end up having it!

Any of the Head and Shoulders products that I've tried just haven't worked, at all. I used to see them as one of the leaders in anti-dandruff shampoo, but after trying to use their dandruff shampoo consistently and exclusively, I found that I actually had MORE dandruff than when I had started!

Head and Shoulders has done a good job of offering different scents instead of just the typical "dandruff-shampoo" scent (I'm sure you know what I mean - that menthol-like, sometimes medicine-like scent a lot of dandruff shampoos can have.) I keep seeing new varieties offered by them, which I think is good on their part. However, I honestly haven't liked any of the scents that I've used. They've all smelled really masculine to me (cologne-like), which is not how I want my hair to smell.

Never been impressed.

from Kansas

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

I have never been impressed with Head & Shoulders Shampoo's. I've tried various different types of it and it never makes a difference with my scalp. I have very dry skin and my scalp is the same way, especially in the winter. I've heard about Head & Shoulders since I was a child and it's a really popular brand so I figured it would work well. Not for me.

There are different scents and strengths of Head & Shoulders Shampoo and there are some 2 in 1's as well. All the ones I have tried smell good, they all seem to have a fresh smell. These shampoos do not lather as much in comparison to normal shampoo. I've always bought the shampoos in hopes that they would moisturize my scalp and prevent it from flaking but none of them have ever made a difference at all. They're just like normal shampoos.

I do not recommend Head & Shoulders Shampoo's. From my personal experience none of them ever did anything for my scalp and they did not prevent flaking.

Works for dandruff, bad for color treated hair.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

I used to have dandruff. It was nothing terrible, but I really hated it, especially when I wore black. I bought Head and Shoulders to help the problem, because my husband uses it and he told me it really works for him. He was right, it did work, however, I had a huge issue with it. Hand and Shoulders stripped my hair of its color. I had just dyed it over the weekend and this shampoo really took the color right out. I was so frustrated because I actually paid to have my hair done. I liked how the shampoo smelled and that it really deep cleaned my hair, but the fact that it took out the color was unacceptable. Anyone who uses Head and Shoulders knows that it is not a cheap shampoo. I felt that I had spent the money for nothing; I ended up giving the rest of the bottle to my husband because I was so angry. Please, if you dye your hair, do NOT use this shampoo. You will have the same issue I had and it is terrible.

This product is effective in that it gets rid of my dandruff, but it is also effective at getting rid of my newly dyed hair color as well.

I love the eucalyptus one!!

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

Head and Shoulders is a great shampoo. It works really well. Head and Shoulders definately reduces the amount of dandruff and itchiness on my scalp. The eucalyptus one has the best scent and makes my scalp feel fresh and clean.

I need something stronger, but Head and Shoulders definately makes a big improvement! It reduces the flakes buy about 75% on my head.

It doesn't have a strong scent. The eucalyptus one is the BEST! I think it smells great.

Head & Shoulders really does work to control dandruff

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

Every winter my scalp dries out and I get dandruff. Over the years I have tried various shampoos and none of them work as well as Head & Shoulders to control the dandruff. I usually start using it in December and I only use it once or twice a week depending on how bad my dandruff is. Rest of the week I use my regular shampoo. Head & Shoulders is not harsh and to me doesn't smell that bad. It has a light scent unlike some other anti-dandruff shampoos that carry a strong, bad smell. Head & Shoulders cost more than your basic everyday shampoos but it actually costs less than some anti-dandruff shampoos. Since Head & Shoulders is very good at keeping the dandruff away it is well worth the price.

Head & Shoulders is by far the best shampoo that I have ever used to control dandruff. I have tried some more expensive brands but they don't work as well.

If you are looking for a sweet smell or a shampoo that smells like perfume then Head & Shoulders in not for you. But in my opinion it does not smell bad. There are some anti-dandruff shampoos that actually smell terrible. Head & Shoulders has a light scent that is very tolerable.

tried, true and trusted, it just stops dandruff

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

There are newer and fancier products out there, but nothing works as well at stopping dandruff. I get dry scalp in the summer from working in the elements, and this shampoo always hydrates my scalp and clears it up really quickly. The formula has been around for years, it has worked for years, and I would recommend it highly.

Great for Dandruff Relief

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

The head and shoulders shampoo works to treat even the toughest cases of dandruff and it works quickly. I love the smell and how soft it makes the hair after it is used. The shampoo lathers well and leaves the hair nourished and feeling vibrant. Head and Shoulders is affordably priced and can be purchased most any where that you find health and beauty products. It improves the texture of the hair and works to repair damages, too.

This product works fast to eliminate the cause of dandruff and those white flakes that cause so much embarrassment. Within just a couple of uses of the product I could tell a major difference in my hair. I also enjoy the fact that the shampoo works great on my bi-racial children's hair as well.

I really love the way that this shampoo smells. I follow it up with the conditioner and enjoy the enticing smell all day long. Everyone knows and recognizes the smell and enjoys it.

Works great

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

I have long, thick, curly hair and sometimes it is impossible to get it feeling clean. Sometimes I find myself using handfuls of shampoo at a time to get all through my hair or having to wash it twice. When using this Head & Shoulders Shampoo, I can wash it once without wasting tons of shampoo and get my hair completely clean.

Head and Shoulders Shampoo helps with itchy scalp

from Dallas, GA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

During the fall and winter when you tend to take a lot of hot showers, your scalp can get dried out and become itchy. I've found that if I use Head and Shoulders Shampoo, it takes the itchy feeling away. It cleans gently (yet thoroughly). I sometimes have to use it for 2 - 3 days when my head is all itchy like that but it works. My husband has been using it for years because his scalp stays dry. In fact, if I don't keep it in the house, he gets all ill with me and insists I buy some for him. I've been buying it for us for over 20 years. It used to have a weird smell but no so anymore. Now it just smells clean (not like medicine). They also have a formula for volume. I really like it. It cleans, volumizes and gets rid of itchy scalp. My Son loves it too. This is one of those products that you hope will always be around because it's timeless, effective and delivers on what it says. Good job Proctor and Gamble!

Head and Shoulders shampoo is what i use the most often.

Comments about Head & Shoulders Shampoo (All Varieties):

I would like to say that this is the shampoo that i used the most. I use it because the dry scalp/ dandruff protection is actually amazing. I have bad dry scalp and every time that i use Head and Shoulders shampoo it seems to just magically disappear. I feel like i can actually feel the shampoo work on my hair and scalp. I also think that the price for this shampoo is really good and worth the money that you are spending. The bottle is a decent size and the price for that size is worth paying. I only support things that i believe in and this shampoo is one of the few shampoos that i would give good word for.

The effectiveness of this shampoo, I feel is really amazingly good. It seems like you can feel all the ingredients actually working and doing its job.

Head and Shoulders have different scented shampoos so it all depends on which one you get. Some have no real scent to it at all. I do not use this shampoo for the scent anyways.