Other Shampoos:
Head & Shoulders

Pros

Cons

The Only Flakes Will Be The Snow

When I grew up in Florida I never had to worry about the cold or dry skin of any kind. Back then it never got cold there so my skin was always oily since it was warm all the time. Well as I have gotten older and moved around the country things have changed. When it gets cold my skin dries out and so does my scalp. So I use lotion on my skin and have used Head and Shoulders during the winter months.

As time has gone on they have made several types of shampoo and the **Head& Shoulders Smoothe and Silky **is what I use to fight dry scalp and dandruff. The main reason I use the Smooth and silky is my hair comes out so soft after and takes care of the dandruff. In the winter is the only time I need to use it too.

- Soften and smoothes frizzy hair as it makes it dandruff free*

- Added moisturizers help replenish moisture balance from the inside out

Our Smooth & Silky shampoo, act as moisture-rich pick-me-ups. The rich, indulgent shampoo leaves hair silky smooth, and up to 100% free from dandruff. Meanwhile, the conditioner helps to lock-in moisture while decreasing frizz and split ends. It is a great shampoo and I will keep using it. I recommend it to anyone who has a problem with dry skin and or dandruff.

Head & Shoulders is a decent shampoo for dandruff.

I use many different head & shoulders products, and I find that all of them work pretty well for a while. I prefer to use the ones where the shampoo and conditioner are separate, not the ones where they have the 2 in 1 shampo and conditioner because I think that those ones are not as good at conditioning my hair, which is very thick and wavy and in need of conditioning! I do have a problem with the fact that each of the products only seem to work for a certain amount of time, and then my dandruff comes back. I then switch to another type of head & shoulders product, which gets rid of my dandruff again for a certain amount of time. The products do smell a llittle like medication, I think they could do with trying to make them more appealing scent-wise, although they don't smell horrible. They smell clean. Overall, I enjoy head & shoulders shampoos, they make me confident enough to wear black and keep my hair down!

from kidous Algeria

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Volume
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Ineffective

• Curly Hair
  • Daily Use
  • Oily Hair
  • Thicker Hair
  • Thinner Hair

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

This product suit me a lot I use it a lot of years its great shampoo
Been using this for a couple of years. Quite effective in dealing with my oily scalp and roots. Does not build up and leaves hair clean, light and shiny. Too many shampoos now leave a build up but this one doesn't. I'm not aware of a tingly sensation but the smell is like minty toothpaste. Slightly drying on ends if you have long hair but I use a good creamy conditioner to solve that. Would recommend to anyone with oily scalp/hair. Cap on plastic bottle is somewhat hard to open in the shower.

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

made my hair less itchy

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I don't normally get dandruff but when I do it gets extremely itchy. I tried this Head and Shoulders smooth and silky shampoo and I noticed a big difference in my scalp. The texture of this shampoo was thick and it lathered very well. I wasn't getting anymore flakes and my head wasn't so itchy. This shampoo was very gentle to my scalp it didn't irritate it. I like how it made my hair feel really clean and my hair felt a lot smoother. My scalp wasn't oily and my hair seemed more shinier. This shampoo had a nice smell it wasn't so strong smelling like those other dandruff shampoos I've used. I like how it doesn't smell like medicine it just has a fresh clean smell to it. My hair was a lot easier to manage and I seen a difference in my scalp in just a few uses of using this shampoo. I would definitely buy this shampoo again its great for any hair type and its affordable to buy. I recommend it to anybody that has dandruff or if your scalp is just itchy.

Good at first.

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

This smooth and silky shampoo does not measure up to other brands. At first use it seems to help smooth out hair, but after continued use, the effectiveness dramatically reduces in quality. I have wavy hair that can become frizzy without a good smoothing shampoo, and head and shoulders let me down. It really smells good and has the added convenience of being both a shampoo and conditioner in one which saves time every day in the shower. However, like I said, after continued use, my hair became soo frizzy. I thought it was just my natural hair, but after ONE use of a different shampoo, it was like I had a whole different head of hair. This is a good shampoo for occasional use, but not a long term solution. My husband still loves it though. His hair is dry and this shampoo prevents any dandruff that you might get.

Only works for occasional use.

Smells good for either men or women.

Head & Shoulders

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I have a very dry scalp that has very stubborn dryness and dandruff so I need a great dandruff shampoo so the back of my shirt won't look like it got snowed on! I have been using Head & Shoulders smooth & silky shampoo now for about a year.
My favorite thing about this shampoo is that it doesn't smell like a regular dandruff shampoo because honestly those ones stink! This one has a nice clean scent that I really like.
I also like how this shampoo doesn't just focus on anti dandruff which I hate about other dandruff shampoos! This one also makes my thick frizzy hair very smooth and silky! When I'm suffering from dandruff it also feels like I'm dealing with consistently frizzy unsmooth hair but this shampoo is great because it takes care of that as well!
Overall, I would definitely recommend head & shoulders smooth and silky shampoo to anyone who wants smooth and flake free hair! This is the best dandruff shampoo I have tried!

pretty good product

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I have previously and in the past used this Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo and I must say that I truly liked it. First and foremost the best thing about this shampoo is that it really helps with the dandruff. I have a dry scalp and I have found that after a few days of using Head and Shoulders that it goes away. I dont have to use it all the time just for about a week and then I go back to my old shampoo and I no longer have dandruff. So I can say that this shampoo is very effective at getting rid of dandruff. The next good thing about this Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Shampoo is that it cleans really well. So that is also a plus. This product also has a very nice and reasonable price so it is affordable enough for anyone to try who would like. I also can say that the scent is very very mild and pleasant. You can hardly smell it at all so it does not over power your perfume or cologne. All in all this is a really good product. The only thing is that it doesnt moisturize much but use a good conditioner and that will help with the moisture. I would recommend this to all of my friends and family and anyone who needs help with dandruff.

Best dandruff shampoo I know

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

The shampoo does wonders in removing dandruff. For many years I have had dandruff and I have tried many shampoos but none were effective. This shampoo got rid of the dandruff and with constant usage it has stayed that way too! My hair feels better when I touch it now. I definitely recommend this for normal hair to slightly dry hair. It is easy to apply and can be cleaned very easily. It removes the excess oil from hair and the hair feels bouncy after the wash.

The shampoo is extremely effective and keeps dandruff. It has to be used regularly for best results and not on an on off basis. It has worked for me for the past 2 years very successfully. It removes dandruff from the base of the hair and helps to reduce harifall to an extent.It is better to use it on a daily basis or once in two days for best results.

The shampoo has a pleasant smell after the shower and lingers in the hair for a few days and I like that smell very much. It is pleasant and gives you a good feeling of well cleaned hair.

Excellent Dandruff Shampoo

from MI

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

Heat and Shoulders brand is the only brand I have ever used when it comes to "dandruff" shampoos, but, for good reason: it works! I tend to have extremely dry, parched, coarse hair that needs a lot of help in the taming department. And, from time to time, I suffer from dandruff. When I notice a build up of the white flakes on my scalp, I take a break from my standard moisturizing shampoo, and go with Head and Shoulders for awhile.

Well, this particular line - Smooth & Silky - by Head & Shoulders is wonderful. I have always been a fan of Head & Shoulders for it's anti-dandruff properties, but the smooth and silky really does leave my hair feeling smooth and silky. It doesn't happen overnight, but after a few uses, I really do feel like my hair is smoother, softer, and rid of dandruff.

I can always trust Head & Shoulders to get the job done, and I will definitely buy this shampoo again.

It not only will take care of your dandruff, but it really does leave your hair feeling soft, smooth and less frizzy than before.

Leaves hair feeling really great and gets rid of dandruff fast!

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I really like this shampoo. It not only gets rid of my dandruff supper fast, but it makes my hair super smooth and silky. I have long, fine, straight hair. I love the way my hair feels after I use this shampoo. It is really healthy looking and so soft. With out styling or drying my hair it comes out just the way I want it after using this shampoo. I don't usually do anything with my hair since I am really busy a lot, so this product is great for me. Sometimes I don't even bush my hair, but it still looks great after using this shampoo. The smell is really great too. I would eagerly recommend this product to my friends! The only down side is that if I don't wash my hair the next day, as I sometimes tend to do being in college, it makes my hair look really greasy. This is the only reason why I gave it a nine instead of a ten. Other than that this shampoo and its conditioner are definitely my favorite hair products.

I love this one!

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I've been using head and shoulders for a really long time now and have never had any issues. I have tried other shampoos and conditioners in the past, but have never really been as satisfied as I am when I use Head and Shoulders. I don't really suffer from dandruff, but I do have hair that gets very oily and tangled. The smooth and silky one from head and shoulders not only smells good but takes care of my hair. It doesn't dry it out and it doesn't make it oily and my head feels clean for the whole day.

I would recommend this shampoo to everyone because it does it's job, it might be a little more expensive, but definitely worth it. I also feel like you don't have to use a ton of it in order to get your hair clean.

I have tried some of the other head and shoulder scents, but smooth and silky definitely does it's job for me, it leaves my hair so soft and tangle free.

I will be a long time customer for this product.

Great shampoo~!

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo:

I used to think Head & Shoulders shampoo was just for males, but after I started using it my mind drastically changed! The scent is so fresh and not masculine at all! The Smooth & Silky shampoo left my hair feeling soft and weightless. I have a big issue with frizz and this shampoo took care of that problem! I highly recommend this product for all hair types.