Other Airlines:

Hawaiian Airlines

Pros

Cons

Shows True Aloha Spirit

I love Hawaiian Airlines.  They are one of the only airlines that offer non-stop flights to Hawaii from Seattle which makes it easier for those travelling with young children.  They are very accomodating to your needs and are one of the only airlines that still gives you a meal in-flight without charging you.  They do however charge you for ear phones to watch the movie, so keep the ear phones so that you won't have to pay on your return trip!  Join the HawaiianMiles for free and rack up the points to get you back to Hawaii soon!

Avoid Hawaiian Air at all costs!

Avoid Hawaiian Airlines at all costs!!! Their customer service policies are the worst. Had a medical emergency requiring hospitalization. Change fees $600 but "refundable" once you fill out their form and have the doctor sign. You can not find their form on their website (there is NO link to it), you have to get the URL from a customer service agent over the phone. So we filled out the form, doctor signed, etc and despite them charging us the very next day for these fees, their "policy" is refunds by 30 days. What? You're kidding me. Take my money right away but when a legitimate, qualiying incident requires a refund they sit on your money for 30 days? I think not. I made plenty of "noise", emailed, faxed and called...all to no avail. I finally told them if not refunded within 48 hours I was going to file small claims action. Guess what, an hour after that call I FINALLY got an email stating they have approved the refund. Oh, but not for the $600 we paid, they kept $150 and only are refunding $450 because of some fare increase? Come on people! So once they agree to refund they stated, "I should see the refund on your next, or following, credit card statement". You have got to be kidding. They want to sit on this for another two months? No Way! I again PROMISED I would be down at the court filing suit if not refunded within 48 hours. They finally responded with "3-5 days". Whatever. They still kept $150 that should have been refunded to me. How dare they treat their loyal passengers in this fashion! I have flown them before, and I had just flown 12 people to Hawaii and back and they decided that for $150 they will lose my business? What a stupid move. Good luck with you if you have any issues requiring their customer service....there is NO Aloha spirit and they will string you along unless you threaten them with legal action. DISPICABLE!

Aloooooooha

from united states

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

Hawaiian Airlines brings the aloha to the airline industry. From the minute you walk on the plane, they take you to the islands of Hawaii.

Service
Hawaiian Airlines generally offers some of the better flights between the Hawaiian Islands and the US Mainland. In addition, Hawaiian Airlines is the largest commercial airline offering flights between the different Hawaiian Islands. Within the past few years, Hawaiian Airlines has extended its service, not only in the United States, but internationally as well. The ticket prices offered by Hawaiian Airlines are competitive with the other major airlines that service the Hawaiian Islands.

In-Flight Accommodations
The in-flight accommodations offered by Hawaiian Airlines are comparable to all of the other major international airlines on the market today. One of the added perks of flying Hawaiian Airlines is that you get some chocolate covered macadamia nuts with your meal. Speaking of the meal on the flight, there was a good selection of food and beverages offered on the flight. Some beverages even came with a little umbrella. Hawaiian Airlines starts your Hawaiian vacation off before you even touch down in the islands.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

As a local born and raised in Hawai‘i ...

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I have taken this airline for well over three decades of my life. This airline started off by offering inter-island flights between the Hawaiian islands and eventually expanded to California, Las Vegas, and now around the world (Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, etc.). The majority of my experiences with the staff has been overwhelmingly positive with rarely a "bad apple." My husband and I have taken Hawaiian Airlines between the Hawaiian Islands, to Las Vegas, and to California. They usually have fantastic sales that occur on a regular basis (go to their website and sign up to receive this e-mails).

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Only flown with them once, but was really happy

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I have taken one flight with Hawaiian, but it was a really great experience. Their customer service, both behind the desk and on board the plane was impeccable and you feel like you really are appreciated. They do not have as many of the upcharge fees that other airlines have at this point either. It was a very enjoyable experience, and arrived, safe, happy, on-time and rested!

• In-Flight Accommodations:

This airline has really declined over the years.

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I am no longer a fan of Hawaiian airlines. Back in the day, I can remember much better service, and a lot cheaper airline ticket prices, especially flying from island to island. Those days are long gone, now. The ticket prices are so outrageously expensive. I worked in the tourist business there and customers were always calling me shocked and saddened to ;learn how much it would actually cost them to fly to another island for a day visit or two. It really should be a lot easier and cheaper to get to explore all or at least two of the islands when you are visiting Hawaii. Ever since one of the competitive airlines, Aloha air, went under, the price just skyrocketed overnight, and it was disappointing to see that happen.

Service
Service is not always good on these flights, a lot of grumpy faced, curt stewards and stewardesses.

In-Flight Accommodations
Their in flight accommodations really are not what they used to be.

Used to be better

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I used to absolutely love this airlines, but they definitely are not what they used to be. They do feed you, however it's one meal and if you font like it too bad. They used to give you 2 different choices. One was a hot meal and the other a turkey sandwich. Bring back the sandwich. The pasta was bad. Other airlines give free luggage if you have their credit card not Hawaiian. I had to purchase headphones my last flight. Hawaiian used to be elite I'm not feeling it anymore.

Service
It's ok not elite like it used to be.

In-Flight Accommodations
On a six hour flight I should be able to watch at least one free movie. I would not mind paying for a recent movie not to pay for a five year old movie. They are Turing into every other nickle and dime airlines.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Overall satisfactory, but I've gone with better airlines.

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

There was nothing particularly wrong with this airline, but I've simply experienced better passenger service and accommodations on other airlines. The stewardesses and crew were kind and cordial, as they normally are, but seemed a bit stiff and bored. Perhaps its simply due to their many constant hours in the air, but I believe that they could have had a bit more spunk and spirit when it came to their job. The little snacks given on the flight were not all that great, considering how much was spent on the trip, therefore I was a bit disappointed. Furthermore, the seats were a bit cramped, making it very difficult to get comfortable, especially on a long and turbulent flight. I could barely sleep a wink during the entire trip, leaving me irritable and tired at the end of it; not a great start to my vacation. However, these were only small setbacks in the overall review of the airline's performance.

The Best Flight Ever!

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I tired Hawaiian Airline for My fist time back in June of 2012. I fly Back and forth From New York to Hawaii, once or twice a year to Spend time with my Family thats in the army. This was by far the best plane ride i have ever had. Friendly Staff, smooth Plane ride. Simply the best!.

Service
Best Service, So helpful. NO problems. Anything you needed it was done.

In-Flight Accommodations
The best Flight I have ever had in a long time.

Flying with aloha.

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I am a frequent traveler and have been a passenger on many airlines. I try to fly Hawaiian whenever possible. Their employees are friendly and welcoming, planes are clean, and they are prompt. I know I can trust them to get me to where I need to go on time!

Service
Friendly and helpful staff. Prompt service.

In-Flight Accommodations
One of the few airlines to offer free food and beverage in this day and age.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Hawaiian Airlines is a great choice for getting to Hawaii.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

About seven years ago, I packed up my stuff and bought a one-way ticket to Honolulu, Hawaii. I flew on Hawaiian Airlines that day, and also to San Diego and back on numerous occasions to visit family. I also used Hawaiian Airlines to visit Maui, another island that is part of the Hawaiian Islands. One time I used United to fly from Honolulu, Hawaii to Washington D.C. and that experience just wasn't as good as all the times when I used Hawaiian. While my favorite airline is Southwest, when you need to get to Hawaii, Hawaiian Airlines is the best choice. My only qualm with this airline is that they are usually the most expensive option. They are however, a high-quality airline.

Service
Hawaiian Airlines does an excellent job of giving you that "Hawaiian" vibe. The music they play and the videos they show on the plane get you excited for your destination. The website is easy to use. Since I also got married in Hawaii, I even used their wedding service to try to get a free flight by having the guests of your wedding book through them. I didn't get enough people to use Hawaiian, but it was a nice service that they offer.

In-Flight Accommodations
Since a flight to San Diego is approximately 6 hours, I've been on a Hawaiian Airline plane for at least 38 hours and have good experiences while in-flight. My trip has always been non-stop and that is another reason why I have booked through this airline.

Hawaiian Airlines - The Airlines of the Islands

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

Having flown various charter flights to Las Vegas, Los Angelos, Seatle numerous times we decided to go on our own and were pleasantly surprized with the attentive service and added comfort flying with Hawaiian Air several times. We now fly First Class on Hawaiian Air. Although the airfare is pricey, we enjoy the added service & included amenities. Flying Coach isn't that bad at all not to mention the low airfares, however my other half insists on flying only First Class.

Exceptional flight crews when we recently flew to Vegas and back.