Other Learning Toys:
Hasbro
Hasbro Mr. Potato Head

Hasbro Mr. Potato Head

A fun classic toy

I bought Mr. Potato Head for my son because of all the fond memories I have of playing with Mr. Potato Head myself when I was a child. I'm happy to say that today's Mr. Potato Head is the same great toy I remembered! The toy comes with a hat, glasses, different sets of eyes, different noses, arms, shoes, teeth, and a mustache. In the back of Mr. Potato Head there's an opening where all the parts can be put inside and stored. My three year old has trouble getting all the pieces to fit inside and will often ask me for help fitting everything inside and closing up the hole. Even without any pieces inside it's hard for him to attach the door.

One of the best things about this toy is it allows my son to be creative and use his imagination. There are so many different ways to put the face together and my son has fun making trying out all the different configurations. There are a number of different varieties of Mr. Potato Head including Toy Story Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head and most of the types seem to have interchangeable parts. There are also lots of add on sets you can buy to give your child more options.

I think Mr Potato Head is lots of fun and provides and great value. The toy is pretty inexpensive and has provided hours of fun for my son. I would definitely recommend Mr. Potato Head to others.

Mr. Potato Head isn't as great as it used to be!

My two year old son received a **Mr. Potato Head **for his birthday recently.  Remembering how cool they used to be, even I was excited to open the box and make all the different faces.  Unfortunately, this Mr. Potato Head is nothing like how they used to be, so I am totally disappointed.

First of all, this **Mr. Potato Head **is much smaller than they used to be.  There is no opening in the back of him to store the extra parts, that's how small it is.  Also, he doesn't come with very many pieces.  I remember them to have eyes, glasses, lips, tongue, moustache, ears, shoes and the whole kitchen sink.  This Mr. Potato Head only has two arms, shoes, eyes/nose, lips and a hat.  There are no extra pieces to add on like glasses or anything like that.  The side of the box says, "Collect all 4 for lots of mix 'n match fun!".  The picture on the back of the box displays four Mr. Potato Heads with different pieces to attach, so apparently, instead of getting one good one with all the pieces, they are trying to make money by splitting him up into four toys.  Bad idea.

What I do like about **Mr. Potato Head **is that it makes teaching my son the parts of the face in a fun way.  Too bad we don't have extra pieces to change out, we only have one of each.  It's not like we can put the hat in the hole on his mouth or the shoes in his ears.  We literally only have the pieces that go where they should go.

If they still sell the *original *Mr. Potato Head, I would highly recommend that toy for your little one.  However, if all they have is this one, forget it and save your money.

,Great toy for children of all ages.

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

Mr Potato Head has been a favorite of mine for a long time, I played with it when I was a child, my kids had both Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, and now the grandkids. Hours of fun changing faces and body parts and pretending is to be had with this toy. I am a little disappointed with the price these days. Overall this is a great toy, with brightly colored pieces, large enough for little hands to handle. A fun learning tool to help little kids identify basic body parts and where they belong. I would recommend for children of all ages.

This is a classic!

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

Your child will love Mr. Potato Head! Such a great classic toy. Comes with eyes, nose, mouth, hat, shoes, mustache, arms, ears, etc...And your child can put him together however they like, even make him look silly by putting him together wrong. He also has a storage compartment in his back for any extra pieces! Plus they have so many accessories to go with him that you can buy separately.

Mr Potato Head from Hasbro

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

Who knew how far Toy Story and its accessories would go? Mr Potato Head, (from Hasbro) one of the main characters from Toy Story, was a favorite for both of my sons. We were given this little gift second hand from someone who'd outgrown it. My children enjoyed swapping out the facial features for Mr Potato Head, eyes, ears, moustache, eye glasses and arms. Initially I felt that the insertion of facial features was a test of their dexterity but subsequently it became a great sense of enjoyment. What was most fun was inserting his moustache into his ear or his eye balls into his mouth. He came in a rather handy transparent carrying case and rather efficiently, everything fitted inside him, and then he fitted inside the carry case. My children enjoyed Hasbro's Mr Potato Head so much that we subsequently invested in Mrs Potato Head! This was an wonderful gift that gave an immense amount of entertainment to both my sons playing with it and me watching them.

Cute little toy

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

Even though this toy is cute and there is such a variety, it isn't a wonderful gift for younger kids. In fact, it seems to me that almost all aged kids put these small pieces in their mouths, ears, nose, everything. I would never buy this for my four year old. I would recommend this for maybe a 6-8 year old with supervision.

Fun, but not for long time play

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

This toy is pretty fun for around 15 minutes, and then it loses it's novelty. Removing the pieces of the face and changing them is enjoyable and silly, but there's only so much you can do with that.

It's fun to keep at home, but if you are traveling and have limited space in the car for toys, this isn't one to bring.

Fun for the kids!

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

My kids begged me for this one day so i thought, hey, why not. I got it for them the next day and they love it so much that they even left the Television alone! It is in my opinion a safe, kid friendly product because it is easy to clean and there are few small parts. I would recommend it for kids ages 6-9.

Timeless toys for kids of all ages

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

Mr. Potato Heads are a wonderful addition to our home. Hasbro has offered a great variety of accessories, which makes playtime exciting for the kids. Naturally, there are general pieces that may be used when building. However, Hasbro has also begun offering licensed character pieces, such as: Disney, Marvel Comics, Major League sports teams, etc. We actually continue to collect different characters and pieces, which are added to a large basket of Mr. Potato Heads in our living room. It is the one toy that is in the room, which works well anytime company visits. The toys don't require any batteries, and the pieces are usually large enough that we don't need to worry about infants choking. In fact, we have become known as the "Mr. Potato Head House," and kids love it. The toys encourage creativity. People of all ages find themselves playing with the toys (sometimes we launch "creative competitions," which result in some silly characters). Ultimately, it's a classic toy that appeals to everyone.

great toy for any age

from Roscommon, MI

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

this classic toy is great for any child or adult. my 3 year old plays with it all the time.(once in a while you will catch the 8, 11 and 14 year olds playing along with him) he just got he the new party potato head for christmas and he loves all the different ways you can dress up potato head. it is almost a family event to dress up mr or mrs. potato head. i am in search of just finding "add on" pieces( i dont like having to buy all the sets and getting a potato each time we purchase a set) so that we can have a wide of verity of choices to dress up our little guy. Currently we have the hawiian hula girls outfit, the party pack and the police/ firefighter pack. he is durible, and of course all the parts are interchangeable, although all the parts dont fit in the back and our back piece keeps coming off, lots of small piece to loose. but our solution is that we just got a little rubbermaid w/a handle and keep it all in there- that way it is easy clean up. over all this is a great product and there will be lots of more playing with it and hours of fun and laughing- just wondering how much your family will have playing with mr. potato head-buy one and see

My two year old LOVES Mr. Potato Head

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

My two year old received a Hasbro Mr. Potato Head as a gift. He just loves it. In the matter of just a few minutes he learned how to brace his hand on one side of Mr. Potato Head's head to push in one of his parts. He has really been obsessed with this toy for weeks now. This is the only toy that will keep him sitting still for upwards of thirty minutes at at time. This is the same Mr. Potato head that I grew up with and I love that my son gets to experience it as well. My only complaint is that Mr Potato Head's 'trap door' that holds all of his parts comes off VERY easily. I do feel like I pick up ears/arms/eyes/ect over and over again all day long because that door opens so easily. That being said, I love that all the parts are able to be stored inside the body. I also wish that they had included a few more parts as there is only one option for each hole with the exception of the mouth. Overall, this toy keeps my son occupied, enhances his hand-eye coordination, and lets him explore his imagination.

A classic!

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Hasbro Mr. Potato Head:

I grew up with Mr. Potato head and he was always my favorite toy. I would spend hours playing with him as though he was the newest video game system. I've been considering buying Mr. Potato head for my children for a while now, but I wasn't sure if he could stand up to all the high tech toys. With computers, tvs, gameboys, videogames, even wiis, I thought for sure that my kids wouldn't be interested in him. Well, I was wrong. They love playing with him and changing his face. They give him silly expressions and he has become one of their favorite toys. I think this is largely because of Toy Story 3 coming out. Mr. Potato head is very funny in that movie and they often imiate things they saw him do on the movie with their real life Mr. Potato head. I really like this toy and I'm glad my kids do too. I also love that both boys and girls can enjoy this toy. It's hard to find many toys that are still like that.