2.9
Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies

Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies

2.9

• Side Effects:

Hartz is the only thing that really works for my dogs

I am a dog groomer. I have used every flea killing product that I can find. Of course I recomend a good flea bath or dip with a groomer. But as far as a preventative. I reccomend hartz flea drops. It works a lot better than Adams or even Frontline. It works for my dogs and I have four. And it works great for the two cats, at my shop, as well. I plan to add hartz flea drops to my sale products this coming spring.. The inportant thing is to kill the fleas before using the preventative, which is what the drops and sprays are.

Hartz Ultra Guard Flea and Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies

My dog Leia, although we don't know her exact age, is most likely a little over a year old. She loves the outdoors including grass, dirt, and other dogs. The combination of her favorite things almost always leads to fleas. So I spend a great deal of time combing her out for thirty minutes to an hour. I chose these flea drops on a whim one day at my local Walmart. I checked to make sure her weight class was included and appropriate and bought them. I gave her a bath and applied them as directed. They actually worked for about a week to a week and half then they lost their power. I honestly don't know whether my success rate was low with these because my dog and I go to the dog parks and spend a great deal of time outdoors or if they simply don't work well. Either way they're not for her and I plan on either trying a flea collar or perhaps a different brand of flea drops. Although these are priced reasonably, I don't see the point in purchasing something that works for half the time it's supposed to, when there are other available brands to try.

Dont buy it!!

from Abilene Tx

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Poor Quality

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

Bought it to help keep fleas off my two dogs, one a chihuahua and the other a beagle mix. So neither are very big and the product did not help much. It killed some of the fleas but did not get rid of the problem. Two days later they still had fleas so this is a waste of money.

Works like a charm!

from Edina, MN

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Clean Application
      • Comfortable Grip
      • Glides Smoothly
      • Long Lasting

Cons

• Nothing

• Flea And Tick Control

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

I bought the Hartz Ultra Guard Plus Flea and Tick drops for Dogs at a supermarket that was going out of business and had a great sale. I had not tried this flea medicine before, but for the price it was worth a try. Great product! I have two dogs, a bulldog and golden retriever. I applied to both of them, who have not had fleas yet and they are still flea free. It is simple, easy and practical to apply and only takes a moment. Comes in small squeezy tubes that are easy to apply to the skin behind the neck and just squish out the liquid. It doesn't have a strong, unpleasant smell and didn't bother them at all. I would be willing to buy this full price, which was reasonable as well, even with the discount.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Irritation

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

I used this product on my 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel. First month helped with ticks. Second month not effective at all. On third month ended up making my dogs skin flake. My dog never had a flea problem, but now has a skin irritation that makes my dog itch like crazy. She has sores all over her. She still dont have fleas, but itches like crazy. It is true you get what you pay for. Save your money, and buy a better product.

Hartz for dogs

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

I liked this particular flea and tick treatment because it only needs to be applied once per month. The manufacturer promises that the insects will start to die within fifteen short minutes and I would say that is actually a fairly accurate statement. I noticed that my dog had started to scratch himself less and less per day and by the end of the entire three month course my dog was absolutely tick and flea free. Each day the ticks would basically just keep falling out of his hair as I brushed him. I am glad that I am able to find this Hartz product in nearly all pet stores making it convenient to find. The tube is an easy squeeze applicator which makes it convenient when applying it, to get it applied evenly through my dog's hair.

Side Effects
      The product itself is pretty smelly, and not in a good way. I recommend applying the product to the dog outside so that the odor doesn't stink up my house. Other than that there aren't too many unfavorable side effects.

Drops work great

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

These drops work very well. I used them on my dog when I noticed she had a few fleas outside of the regular summertime when they are usually present. I used these drops on her and the fleas were jumping off of her and instantly dying. They worked almost instantly and she did not get any more fleas for at least three weeks. They box states they last for about one month, but I noticed you will need to use them a little more often, such as about the middle of the third week. Otherwise you will see fleas appearing. Also, these make a little bit bigger mess because you cannot just put the drops in one spot on the skin, you must spread it out over the entire length of the dog's body. It is harder to apply because your dog most likely will not be very still. It also can get on your furniture and you have to do it at night if you have children that might hug or touch the dog while the medicine is drying.

Quality of Ingredients
      These do not last as long as more expensive brands.

Side Effects
      There were not any ill side effects when using this product.

• Quality of Ingredients:
      • Side Effects:

Works best in combination with an anti-flea collar

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

The Bottom Line: Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for dogs (over 60 pounds) has worked for us for the last nine years with both our dogs, and in combination with an anti flea and tick collar, we have only found about 5 ticks in my dogs' lifetime (9 years so far). If applied properly, this will definitely help protect your dog against ticks and fleas.

This product will definitely help fend off ticks and fleas, but it is very important to apply it correctly, and that can be the most challenging part if, like me, you have dogs with extra long hair, and who weigh about 100 pounds. I have found that this product works best when used in conjunction with an anti-flea collar. I also do appreciate the fact that the applicator is quite long and really helps you get close to the skin. On the downside, one tube is barely enough if you have a larger dog, and even though the box says that it is good enough for dogs over 60 lbs, I really find it challenging to go from neck to tail with just one tube when your dog is a giant breed. I wish there were another category available for dogs over 80 lbs, and have needed to use two tubes instead of one because of this problem.

Quality of Ingredients
      Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for dogs has ingredients that have been potent enough for my two extra large dogs (Great Pyrenees), who each weigh about 100 pounds.

Side Effects
      I have not seen any negative side effect on either one of my dogs for as long as I have been using this product, which is about nine years.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Hartz Ultra Guard Plus Flea & Tick Drops for dogs and puppies

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

I noted that many people have tried this product on their dogs and it has had some nasty side effects however this was not my experience at all with Hartz Ultra Guard Plus. My dog is about 75 pounds in weight, a Labrador/Rotweiller mix and he's 5 years old. I have been using this product since he was a (fully grown) puppy and to this day, he's never had fleas. I don't want to wait until he has fleas before I give him this treatment because once fleas are in your house, they are really difficult to get rid of. So I use this treatment as a preventative measure and it is superb. Whilst the manufacturer recommends that you apply the product once per month throughout the year, I only apply it twice in the whole of winter and then every month or two in the warmer months. We take him to mountains and to the forests in summer so he has every opportunity to pick up unwanted parasites but so far, it hasn't happened. It's easy to apply in just a couple of minutes and my dog loves the undivided attention he gets during the application. The best thing, it is considerably cheaper than Frontline which is also a great product, however it is a luxury I cannot afford until my children have left home!

Most horrible experience

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

I have always tried to be wary of what products I get for my dogs treatment out of fear that she will get more sick due to what I've given to her, and using this treatment has not improved my fear in the slightest. I was low on cash, and decided to buy this with the expectation that it would't work too well, but would help with the fleas slightly in the mean time. I was not prepared for the horrible smell that I couldn't get out of the house. At first I thought it was just the smell of the medication, but after it began to smell more metallic and then like sour milk, I had no choice but to wash it off. My dogs hair was coming out in huge clumps with hardly any contact. Her whole neck and chest, and some of her back was extremely hot to the touch. The skin on and around the area where the medication was applied was cracked and lightly sticky with blood. After all the pain and stress of trying to gently wash the area off, the bad smell still rolled off her for days. Since all of this happened less then two hours after application, it was unable to kill any of the fleas, and was a complete waste of time and money, let alone what my dog had to go through. I would not recommend anyone purchase any of their products.

Please don't buy!

Comments about Hartz ULTRA GUARD Plus Flea & Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies:

I rescued my dog, Riley, and she was infested with fleas. I decided to give this product a try. The moment the first drop hit her she instantly started freaking out. The best way to describe it is like it was burning her. I wish I would've read reviews before I tried the product, but right when I read all the side effects I bathed her immediately.

Side Effects
      She's had been twitching and not acting like her normal active self. I plan to stay up all night with her to see if she's going to be okay. :( My heart is breaking.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Hartz Ultra Guard Flea and Tick Drops for Dogs and Puppies