Other Blenders:

Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender

Pros

Cons

Blender/smoothie maker

We use this as a smoothie maker, and it is so simple to operate that my 9 year old is able to work it without any issues. It gives us a chance to make healthy, creative, fun to drink drinks!

Blending Power
This has a few different levels of blending and does a nice job of making a smooth, easy to drink creation.

Versatility
This can be used as a blender, smoothie maker, or it can be used to make shakes. I like it that my kids can choose the fruits that they want to blend into their own personal drink. My kids love that they can dispense the drink from the machine!

Most of the pieces can be put into the dishwasher, which is helpful. There are many piece that need to be taken apart, though, and cleaning it is a bit of a pain. I have also cut myself on the blade while cleaning the machine.

It is easy to read the settings, change from one to another, mix up the drink and dispense it. It is so easy that my 9 year old is able to work it without any assistance. This makes it so much more likely that my kids are going to be drinking what is made in this blender/smoothie maker.

It seems to be well put together. I like the turning knob to change settings better than the ones that have buttons to changes settings. It is a little frustrating that there are a variety of pieces that have to be taken apart and put together for cleaning. I also wish that all of the pieces could be put into the dishwasher for easier cleaning.

This has been a favorite kitchen item for my children. I have boys and they are not necessarily gentle on items. All of the pieces have withstood the test of making it in my kitchen!

Wonderful blender, but cleanup is not easy

I really enjoy having smoothies and blended drinks in the morning for breakfast, so I purchased this blender mainly for this purpose. I liked the style of the blender, and the black coloring looked nice on my countertop as it matched my black and stainless appliances. After having used this blender regularly for nearly a year, I can absolutely say that it is a great product on the use side. It blends everything from fruit to ice very smoothly, and I have used it for both hot and cold blending. The motor and mechanical parts have held up well and I have had no issues with it not working at any time. The plastic that make up the blending cup and lid are strong and durable as well. On the downside, this blender is very hard to keep clean. The dispenser has to be taken off to be cleaned with each use, and I generally have to use a small toothbrush to ensure that the narrow channel is cleaned well. Additionally, the blender has to be removed from the base after each use, and the rubber seal removed completely to prevent mold of yucky things from growing. While I still use the blender and will continue to do so, I have been very unhappy with the amount of time it takes to keep it clean and sanitary.

Smoothie Dreams Got Clogged

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

The sheer size of this blender was a bit overwhelming for me. I had visions of blending beautiful smoothies to dispense to my family and keep them healthy and full. The first complaint I had with the Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender was the lack of power. With such a large base, I would expect a far more powerful motor. The machine was quite loud, yet still left large chunks of fruit and ice in my drinks.
I'm not sure about the exact size of the pour spout, but I found that more often than not, the components of my smoothes got clogged in the spout. I often like to mix veggies into my smoothies and wondered if they were too fibrous for this machine. But I had the same problem even when I only used fruit.

Blending Power
Left quite a few large chunks the majority of the time.

Versatility
Probably better for thinner liquids like cocktails and such beverages

The spout was a nightmare to clean

• Versatility:

Our blender is great. We truly love our smoothies and shakes.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

This thing burns through fruit and vegetables like a soldering iron. I can't believe how delicious our smoothies and shakes are now. Chops up whole apples like a wood chipper, it's a super machine.

Blending Power
Our blender drills through all varieties of foods with a forceful storm of surging disintegration. The blades chop and pulverize to a fine mesh of delicious nutrition. Superb blending mixer. The motor is top of the line.

Versatility
The blending operations of this device are of so much variety that we can throw in so many varieties of foods that we mix all kinds of fresh produce now, very healthy for the family.

All the parts detach easily and we toss them in the sink or dishwasher for a quick scrub down. Cleans off very smoothly.

All the buttons are aligned well and everything is labeled for comprehendible operation. We let the toddler do some launch countdowns sometimes, she loves it.

Great design shapes, blends into our kitchen style quite nicely.

Very durable, we use it almost everyday and no signs of slowing down.

• Versatility:

A nice blender that dispenses drink right from the base!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

I really liked this blender. It was really affordable, looked super sleek, and the fact that this blender dispenses my drink without me having to remove the pitcher from the base really made my day! It is a really cool feature that keeps mess down to a minimum. I use blenders to mainly make smoothies and milkshakes so I need one that will blend very evenly. This blender does that very well. There are no chunks of fruit or ice after using this blender. The blending power did cut down after a year, which is why I purchased a new one, but overall this is still a very good blender!

Blending Power
I had no problems with this blender not blending my drinks. It was a little more difficult later on in its blending life, but it still got the job done!

This blender is the easiest one I have ever used.

The design is great. It looks awesome sitting on my counter and as I mentioned, the dispenser feature is neat!

• Versatility:

Very pleased with how it pours, quiet motor, excellent qualitu

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

The pitcher pours very cleanly. The best I have owned. I also like the quiet motor and for some reason ice chops quieter too. Dust does not collect on the black finish like so many other glossy black finishes. This sounds weird but is important to me. It sits on a shelf and don't want it to look fuzzy after being not used for the weekend.

Blend Away!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

Except for a slight lack in blending power, this Hamilton Beach blender is a 10 all the way. The fact that is dispenses your beverage is just SO fun and makes it SO much easier. It can blend up to 48 ounces. For real. Perfect for that mixed drink, mashed cauliflower, or homemade smoothie (Yes, I have made ALL of those in this blender). I love it!

Blending Power
Not quite as strong as I would like it, however it gets the job done for the most part. It takes a little longer to blend anything with like ice or something, but it's not enough of a problem to discourage me from using it on a regular basis.

Versatility
Like I mentioned previously, this blender works for many different recipes. I mainly use it for drinks, but it works to blend/puree certain foods too!

It's a blender. Blenders aren't easy to clean, period. This one doesn't seem to be any harder to clean than any other.

Super easy! Nothing to it.

Love the dispensing feature. Too cool.

Going on a year with lots and lots of use! No problems!

Great for Adult Drinks!!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

The Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender is the best wedding present I received this summer! I It's an extremely powerful appliance that you can use right on the counter top. Frozen fruit is easily shredded and made into a liquid for all of your favorite frozen drinks! Of course the kids can make drinks in it, too, minus the alcohol. The stainless-steel blades give your beverage the perfect consistency and there are never any large chunks floating around in the final product. The valve is perfect so you avoid spills and big messes. It's never leaked and is easily removable and a cap is provided to use this product as a regular blender. I have found this product very helpful for everyday use and especially nice for parties. With a 3-year-manufacturer warranty, this is a must have for families!!

Blending Power
This blender possesses a strong motor with awesome power!

Versatility
Use it as a frozen-drink maker or regular blender, whatever you choose.

• Versatility:

Practical and easy to use.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

The overall rating for this is based on the operations, cleaning and durability of the product. It works very well I've made shakes and a few adult drinks. It doesn't grind ice very well and sometimes leaves chunks of ice but using the pulse button seems to help with that.
The dispenser is very helpful instead of pouring just lift the leaver and the fluid comes out. It makes it more kid friendly for those shakes verses kids them trying to pour the shakes themselves. I would suggest leaving it on the blender so that it doesn't get knocked over and make a mess.
Is durable and I have even put the picture in the freezer to refreeze the drinks and let it unthaw a bit and reblend and it was just as good.
It is a little hard to clean the dispenser. I take it completely off (which is easy) by just twisting it and let it soak and rinse it immediately after its empty. That seems to be the only way I get all of the goo out of it.
I would suggest this product.
Overall a good product for the price.

• Versatility:

Great Smoothie and Frozen Drink Maker!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

This blender crushes and pulverizes ice quickly. It blends drinks and makes making a smoothie or milkshake a breeze.

Blending Power
Blender has amazing power and is quick to change before settings. I like the pulse function.

Just throw in about 1/2 cup warm soapy water and 1-2 ice cubes and pulse until clean. Then use the drink nozzle to release then add 3/4 cup clean water pulse and release the same way and clean in less that 10 seconds!

Simple button pushing no difficult holding or sliding knobs or nozzles. The drink spout is so easy you can use 1 finger to control it.

My only complaint is the lid not locking in so sometimes it has a tendency to pop up. But overall the design is great and easy to use. Plus the colors are just right for the machine and makes it look more sleek

No issues as of yet and have been using daily since Christmas for ice crushing, smoothie, shake and cocktail making. This Machine has withstood the beating my family of 5 has given it.

Works decent

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

I have been using it for a few months now. It will get the job done but there might be pieces not fully blended. Some fruit has gotten stuck where the drink is supposed to come out at so be mindful of that. It takes a minute to blend it also. If you want to go the cheap route, this will be the blender to purchase. (geminidee)

Blending Power
Doesn't blend to the fullest power. There are still pieces not blended in my smoothie.

Amazing

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Dispensing Blender:

I love it. The blades are very sharp, sharp enough to chop cubed ice into shaved ice. I've made different milkshakes, smoothies, cocktails, and other various things. The power is amazing on it. It's not to loud. I honestly did enjoy it. You would have to buy one for yourself to really see if you would enjoy it.