3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Great for smoothies, dips, very powerful, easy to use and clean

I burned up my old blender, which I always seem to do. Either I was doing something wrong or asking it to blend frozen strawberries, chunks of melon and some yogurt and juice was beyond the typical blender.

I asked for this one for my birthday because of the dispensing feature. I was forever dumping whatever I blended out of the top or couldn't get it to pour if I did remember to hold the top while pouring with my old blenders.

I used this to make a smoothie with fresh chunks of cantaloupe and honeydew melon, frozen whole strawberries and a carton of yogurt and voila - smoothie in about a minute...with no chunks! Press the dispense button, flip open the dispenser and out it comes into my glass. This is the first smoothie I've ever made at home that wasn't thick and gloppy. It was in fact actually smooth and easy to drink (rather than being like a thick milkshake with big chunks of unblended items).

Clean up was a snap. Put the body and lid in the disherwasher, rinse off the base and the blades and take apart the dispenser and wash it. I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to keep the blades really clean as there doesn't seem to be a way to take that off to wash it in the dishwasher. But who knows maybe I wasn't supposed to wash the blades that way on my old ones.

There are only two speeds on this blender - dispensing and high. I made some dip by blending cottage cheese with seasonings on high and it worked too well, making it more like dressing than dip. Next time I will try the dispensing speed to see if that can make it less liquid when it's done blending.

Parts keep breaking!

My Hamilton Beach Blender - Wave Station started off great. It had the power I needed for making my breakfast smoothy every day. Unfortunately, not even a year later the plastic base, in which the container sits, cracked. I had to pay for the replacement piece. The Customer Service Rep. did give me a price break though - which I appreciated - and didn't charge shipping & handling.  That was all fine but again that same piece began showing little cracks. I could still use it until the plastic pitcher started leaking because it too was cracking. I could no longer use it & didn't think it worth continually replacing those faulty parts.  When I spoke to Customer Service they informed me that the warranty only covers the motor and not any of the other parts - so beware.  I opted to try another brand of blender.

I absolutely hate this blender.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

I was trying to make a smoothie and the entire top part came off. It leaked everywhere. I had a huge mess to clean up afterwards. I tried using the lock button and it wouldn't work. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop leaking. I ended up giving up and putting back in the cupboard. Never using it again.

Blending Power
When it doesn't leak it blends everything evenly.

It is easy to clean. There is no scrubbing involved. You simply rinse and wipe it down.

Not user friendly at all. I hate that you have to go through so much trouble just to get it to work. It shouldn't be that difficult.

I think it has to many parts to it. It has a removable bowl that goes around the blender. I can't figure out why it is necessary when it doesn't really do much. There is no bottom to it so you can't really use it to pour things out of it.

The blender cracked while I was washing it. On top of that the lock button doesn't work.

Favorite blender yet!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

I love Hamilton Beach blenders better than any other blender brand that I have tried and I am glad that I picked this one out at the store. The last blender that I had was also a Hamilton Beach, but it was a single serve and we ended up getting this one as well for other things. We were always making smoothies, milkshakes, mixed drinks, etc. but it was nearly always for more than one person and so the single serve wasn't working well enough. So, we bought this one and I could not possibly be happier with the results I have been seeing these last two months. This Hamilton Beach blender is really easy to use, easy to clean, makes purrees with ice with no problem, and makes fresh squeezed juice as easy as can be as long as you don't mind pulp which we don't. To conclude, this blender works great, is very easily affordable, and is perfect for multiple people or large families. Wonderful!

We bought this blender used, as we do most things, and have had it for two whole months and it has worked nothing short of incredible.

• Versatility:

This is the best reasonably priced blender I have ever had.

from Milford, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

powerful for a reasonable price

Blending Power
mixes everything in seconds

Versatility
it has crushed ice,grated cheese and made smoothies so far and no trouble with anything

washes out easily

my 5 year old can use it

looks great on my counter

so far so good

Hamilton Beach 14 Blend Master Blender 54200 overworked easily

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

Our Hamilton Beach 14 Blend Master Blender 54200 gets overworked easily. This blender has an "Ice Breaker Pulse" which I have not been impressed with. As long as you are just blending up soft items, this blender will probably work okay for you. We have tried to make icy drinks with it and it is Not happy doing that. The place where the blender cup and the blender machine base connect gets stripped and thus will not work as well (if at all). My suggestion if you want to make icy drinks with ice, is to crush the ice yourself before putting it in the blender. Now I Do like that this blender has a glass cup. I think of a glass as more durable than plastic. The blender has a lot and hi setting to each button. Lowest to highest setting: Whip, Stir, Aerate, Puree, Crumb, Chop, Grate, Grind, Beat, Shred, Blend, Liquefy, and Frappe. And the Ice Breaker Pulse Lo and High. Now to me, 14 levels seems a bit overkill. I usually just start at the lowest and work to the higher and then back down to the lowest and off. Our Hamilton Beach 14 Blend Master Blender gets overworked easily.

average blender..

from Woodside, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

The down side of this blender is that the jar is plastic. The top part of the jar has two plastic pieces together and when you wash it water gets in between the plastic and I can't get it out. I'm thinking this part can come apart but I can't seem to get it so maybe it doesn't. I bought this blender because of the spout thing mostly. Like they direct you too, thick mixes only come out when the rotor is going and that worked fine for me. It blends all I've thrown at it (ice, frozen fruit, etc) and is still chugging along. I don't use it very much so I cannot attest to its longevity after years of abuse.

Following the instructions, using a margarita, it took a very, very, very, very long time to come out of the spout. Motor runing on suggested settings and all.  Secondly, it is hard to clean up. Just a very average choice for a blender. Its very easy to use however and my family loves it..

Love my Hamilton Beach Wave Station

from Newark, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

This is one of the best items I have bought in a long time!!

I have made smooties for both my husband and I and it has done an excellent job every time. No clumps of fruit and ice is broken down well!!!

Highly recommend to anyone who loves smooties!!

Also great for blending soup! I made a lovely pea soup and this blender was a great help in making it smooth!

Very easy to operate, clean and the despense spout makes it easy to fill up a glass when you want!

Great for smooties and making babyfood!

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

This blender is a great investment - it is very powerful, and it blends most foods very quickly. I also like that it's relatively easy to clean, with the blade being dishwasher safe. It has a nice looking pitcher, so when you've made your smoothie you're not embarrassed to put an ugly pitcher on the table. The blade does a good job of chopping ice, and I like that it has a "pulse" feature so you can run it just as much or as little as you need to. I've used it to make babyfood as well, and it does a good job of pureeing vegetables, fruits and meats to a texture that even a small baby can handle. It has a low-profile, so it's easy to store in small kitchens. And you can't beat the price - really nothing negative to say!

Blend up happiness with this blender

from Austin, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

When I saw the Hamilton Beach Milk Shake Maker on the shelf at my local store I knew I had to have one. I have had alot of good experience with other hamilton applicance products and wanted to try this one out just for kicks. This blender makes a great milk shake and the blend type gives an old fashioned look for an old school good time like you used to have at a diner. One important trick is to keep all the ingredients very cold when blending here. The blender has two speeds and the cup is easy to remove. For Example to make a chocolate milk shakes you need 3 or 4 scoops of frozen hard chocolate ice cream and one teaspoonful of vanilla extract and 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup and 1-1/2 to 2 cups of ice-cold milk. Fron there on out it's easy as pie

Great smoothie maker

from New York, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

I love to make alot of different smoothies, especially in the summer. That is the best thing to quench your thirst, a nice fruit smoothe, and healthy too. So I purchased a Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender 50754H, I love it! Everytime I make a smoothie, it comes out so smooth and creamy, not even one chunk. Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10- Speed Dispensing Blender chops, crushes, grates and Purees, So you can use it for other things too. it also has 10 speeds. It's not a large blender (Height: 16 in., Width: 8.5 in., Depth: 4.0 in.), but it's big enough to make smoothies for the whole family (Capacity: 56 oz). It's dishwasher safe and very easy to hand clean. It also comes with a 3 year warranty. Overall, I love the purchase I made and recommend this product to anyone that loves to make a smoothie the right way.

Really chops the ice!

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Wave Station 10-Speed Dispensing Blender:

I confess ... even after reading the previous comments, I thought NO WAY IT IS ice everything is beaten. What I'm looking for - said that everyone does blender ice, but never do. Unfortunately this time I was completely wrong. Soft smoothies I shakes! The key is to run it at the time distribution. It's a bit uncomfortable with the cut. Usually, you end up the lever with your fingers while holding the cup, but it could be my own paranoia. As for the dishwasher - I have a toddler and a child of three years - everything goes in the dishwasher and so far so good! One incident we had - my husband was able to pull the container, stick not the substance, the ooey sticky sticky dough EVERYWHERE. That is, is not equal to the first to have this. All I'm saying is - careful with it. This is a week later and I'm still not sticky spots.