Other Toaster Ovens:

Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703

Pros

Cons

The 2-for-1 Hamilton Beach Toaster is a Handy Convenience

Our toaster eventually decide to meet its maker in the sky when the wiring started to melt *(yeah, not a good sign)*. That only meant it was time to get a new toaster as a result. I started to browse around online to see what new toasters would make a great addition for the household and something that was useful for us. That's when I saw the **Hamilton Beach Toaster** and decided it was what we needed.

The **Hamilton Beach Toaster** is a two-for-one deal: It's sometimes a toaster and sometimes an oven. The 10"x17"x10" frame fits nicely on any countertop without taking much room making it a great space-saving unit. It stands upright like a toaster, but it also has a door and a rack to place items in the oven. I like the brushed silver finish with black front panel. It makes it feel like a modern appliance for the kitchen and plugs in nicely into the wall. Looking at just the toaster part, it is wide enough to fit two bagels, slices of bread, or English muffins. The lever on the top allows you to switch modes between the toaster and the oven; you can only use one or the other and not both at a time *(of course that makes sense).* There are also two dial switches: one that controls the temperature *(ranging between 200-450 degrees Fahrenheit)* and the other that controls the toast colour *(ranging from 1-6)*. The oven itself is really the bonus for us. There are many times that we want to use our conventional oven but not for something so small. Having the **Hamilton Beach Toaster** changes all of that. If we want to re-heat pizza slices, we do so with this toaster oven. It can fit two large pizza slices at once by placing it on the removable crumb tray. It's also great for frozen hashbrowns, personal-sized pizzas, chicken nuggets, or anything small in that nature. Because it is smaller than an oven, it cooks faster than normal so the timing of the temperature needs to be reduced in order to avoid burning. This also means that the unit becomes hot everything from the base to the glass window except for the oven handle. This is a good thing especially when you need to open the oven door. The automatic shut off safety feature in the toaster mode is a great feature. Once the toast carriage pops up, the unit will shut off when it's complete. The toaster oven is not so lucky in that department. As I mentioned before, it heats food quicker than usually because of its smaller size so it's best to keep an eye on the oven operation. There have been a few times when I have underestimated the baking time. The downside really is the size of the toaster oven. Remember, only small items can fit into this space. Do not try to force something larger in it at all. It won't fit properly and you can really do some damage to the unit if the item burns. Also, the removable crumb tray gets very hard to clean when food crumbs, especially cheese, burns onto the tray. This is perhaps the most annoying aspect of the device as it makes it very hard to clean the tray. In fact, with the burnt items on the tray, I will be surprised if anyone can get it all off. Seriously, this is probably the major problem to the whole thing.As a two-in-one unit, we definitely make good use of the **Hamilton Beach Toaster**. It's very convenient, easy to use, and comes with a limited one-year manufacturer's warranty. I'm surprised at how often we really do use this toaster oven. It really does come in handy for our everyday use. In all honesty I would have been just content with only a toaster so having a small oven attached to it really is a Christmas miracle for this household.

Good Idea BUT food items get stuck in toaster part.

When I saw this in the Fall of 2006, I could not wait to get it.  I have little counter space and I get sick of having the toaster and toaster oven out.  We toast things on a daily basis, so the fact that a lot of the items I put in the toaster part get stuck is VERY annoying.  I am hoping it will die so I can get something different.  The toaster oven part works fine.  Unless the company did something to improve on the things getting stuck, I would not buy another one.

Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

First of all it's really cool looking throwback to the fifties and sixties. I love the style. That's where the cool part ends. It's just too small overall for me to be really useful as a toaster oven. It works fine as a toaster but the oven is kind of small there's not much room for anything much larger than a grill cheese sandwich or a slice of pizza. The tray is about 10" wide and 6" deep. It doesn't seem to be sturdily made. It does a reasonable job however.

Even Heating
Overall it heats reasonably even but not perfectly. I noticed some parts that were hotter than others on occasion.

Safety
It seems safe. I have never had an issue with the safety of this product.

Actually this is one of the better features. The trays do come out and you can shake the crumbs out. That was always a big issue on older style toaster ovens.

I haven't had this that long so the jury is still out on how durable this oven is.

As I said before it's really neat looking and takes up a lot less space than a toaster oven with a toaster too. So I really do like the design. I only wish it were a little bigger.

Great Product

from Fort Pierce, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

I like that it is a combination toaster oven and toaster. Great if you have little space. It is great to use in a trailer or small house with limited space. I love the cool designs and the available colors for this item. Heating elements works well. Cleaning is okay, but could be easier for a person that is overwhelmed with cleaning. It would be even better if it had a signal when the oven was done cooking item.

• Safety:

This is a great product and keeps my counters clean

from Woodburn, IN

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

We needed a new toaster and toaster oven as both were going out. When I saw the 2 in 1 I knew it would be perfect. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning the deep crevices of a toaster and it would keep my countertops organized. We use it almost every day. It works great for bagels and frozen waffles and the oven is great for what we need it to do. I am very pleased with it.

Even Heating
It does well in the toaster setting to heat up bagels and such. For some reason the toaster oven part doesn't heat as evenly but it hasn't bothered us as it does what we need it to and I suppose we could always turn the heat up but then there's risk of burning food.

Safety
What I love about this is it has a 'cancel' button, which is great if you're burning toast or something catches on fire. I haven't had anything be on fire, but I used it a couple times when I realized food was burning. This does only work on the toaster setting but if you're using the oven I would hope you wouldn't leave it and it would be just a quick turn of the dial to off if something did go awry.

I haven't had to do much cleaning except the window part and the outside. Mostly cause I put foil on the pan so everything stays on it. It doesn't look too hard to clean the inside but since there's coils on the bottom, have to be careful going around that.

We've been using it for 2 years now and no issues. It is very solid and seems to be a good toaster oven for a good price. I don't see it going out for a long time, especially since it is Hamilton Beach.

The sleek yet retro design caught my eye. I did get this in black instead of red but it looks nice either way. I love being able to close the top when not using the oven at all and everything is right where it needs to be. I don't think I could've done a better job at designing this.

Not impressed.

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

It is a thumbs down for this toaster oven from me. I purchased this product because I thought it was really cute and I figured it would be nice to have a toaster oven that served a double purpose as an actual toaster. I had such a terrible time getting the lever to stay down with most of the bread I used. I had to press it down over and over to get it to hold. Also, most of the bread was either too thin and it slipped through the little prongs in the bottom, or it was too large and part of it poked out the top of the toaster and didn't get toasted at all. The only thing I could do was flip it over and then the middle would get too toasty. Finally, I got so frustrated with it that I completely stopped using the top part and only used it as a toaster oven. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with a family or who plans on using it a lot because it is very small and doesn't hold much.

Even Heating
it does heat evenly. I never had an issue with this. The toaster oven itself is small, but cooks well.

• Safety:

Not the top choice toaster oven

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

I recently received the Hamilton beach toastation two slice toaster and oven from a relative in addition to my regular toaster oven. It looked pretty unique and different from what I am used to seeing in toaster ovens. I like it and it is good for cooking small items in the oven section, but no larger. It toasts well and is good if you're cooking a two person snack or breakfast. As I said I like it, but am not crazy about it, I don't know if I would of gone out and just purchased it on my own and if I did I probably would have returned it. One more downside to it is it is a bit hard to clean which is already a pain in the you know what to clean after doing dishes. I guess I would recommend it to a couple, but not for a family. It is not fast enough or big enough to be able to cook a large meal even a family of four can eat. Also for what it does, it is a bit pricey. Wouldn't recommend to buy.

Even Heating
Crisps certain things okay.

Good, basic toaster oven

from Enfield, CT

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

Got this toaster oven when we first got married. We've had it six years now & so far still running well. It's been super durable. I'd definitely say durability is this toaster ovens strength. As far as design, how it works, toasting capabilities, cleaning, ease of use, etc, it's pretty basic. Maybe not stellar, but definitely "typical." A good 8 all around! Good product for the price, too. You definitely get your bang for your buck out of it. Ours is still sox years later, working great & as smoothly as ever. What first attracted us to this one was the design~ red being my favorite color & loving the 50s styling of it. It definitely is super cool looking. If you're looking for a good, basic, standard, reliable toaster oven, this one will definitely for that bill. At a good price point, you won't be sorry about this buy. It's definitely good all around. You won't be sorry, I confidently assure you.

• Safety:

Love this little toaster oven

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

I am very happy with this little toaster oven. I use it everyday for toast or waffles. I also use it to re-heat just about everything. It's really not that bad to clean. The tray removes easily and the rack comes out easy too. I use cream of tartar and vinegar on a rag to get rid of any grease or other stains on the inside and out of this toaster. It looks practically brand new. The settings for the toaster are pretty spot on. It's hard to burn toast if you keep the setting in the middle. I have also done bagels in this toaster too. The fit is tight but if you turn the setting down, the bagels come out yummy. The oven settings can be a little tricky. This is why I gave it a nine. Since it is a smaller unit the heating element is close to the food. If you're not careful the top will burn. I use it a lot so I have gotten used to turning the setting down 100 degrees from what the package instructions on the food item actually states.

Fantastic and saves space

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

Got this as a christmas present from my sister. I works great for things like cold pizza and other left overs. And with the flip of the a lever you can make toast or freezer walffles. It has two handy dials to adjust the toast setting and another to set the oven temp. It is great not to have two different appliances for these kind of jobs.

Even Heating
Heats up quickly, cooks perfectly and allows you to not have to waste the energy of heating up the full sized oven.

Safety
Outside is not hot to the touch so there is no concern about burning yourself or someone else that may not know it is on.

It does have some small crevises that are hard to get to, pizza cheese will drop and is hard to clean. It does allow you to take the tray out and which helps some.

Had for several years now and still works great. Only issue would be they start to get a little dirty and as I said hard to clean so that will eventually build up.

The finish on the from is a bit of a matte finish, I have the silver one and it matched my other appliances that are called Silver Mist, so not stainless steel and no issue with finger prints.

• Safety:

Love this Double Duty Toaster Oven!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

I love the **Hamilton Beach Toastation 22708**! It is erally a great little toaster oven! I love it's unique design & I can't believe that more expensive toaster ovens do not come with the same cool feature! I think the regular toaster in the top is such a fantastic idea!

I know some of the other reviewers say that you can not release the toast early, that there is a design flaw. They are 100% wrong. All you have to do to release the toast early is to hit the switch that changes the setting from toast to oven, and then toggle it back again. It's that easy. These people obviously do no know how to work their own toasters! It's a shame to give a product a low rating just because your dont know how to use it properly! It bums me out to see low ratings or bad reviews for products I really like!

This has been a fantastic toaster oven for my family, yes it's a bit small but who cooks a whole meal in their toaster oven? It has always been big enough to get the job done for me!

Even Heating
It does toast things a bit darker in the back than the front but as long as you don't leave them in too long it's really not a huge deal.

I don't think any toaster ovens are really all that easy to clean. Crumbs are always a pain.

We've had ours for quite some time and its held up great!

I like the way this looks. It's not super fancy but its not ugly either.

• Safety:

The best little toaster oven ever!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven 22703:

Small little oven perfect for personal pizzas, sandwiches, bagels, bread, waffles, endless posibilities!!!!I have done so many things with this wonderful little oven. I love the versatility and design, it is super good quality.

Even Heating
Easy settings, very understandable, hard to burn your food(unless you forget it).temperature gauges are very easy to use, the top closes when the oven is on, and you cant use the toaster oven if the toaster part is on, no accidents, very hard to burn things.

Safety
timer prevents house fires. Set you timer and it will turn off when necessary. after 2 hrs of innactivity it automatically turns off, love that feature.

easy to clean trays, glass and pull out slide for crumbs.

so far so good for me, but my mom has had hers for years and is the cause for my purchasing this specific toaster oven.

i chose the super chic black and stainless steel to match my other appliances, but i like the red too.