Other Toaster Ovens:

Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

My best toaster oven yet

Since toaster ovens first appeared, I've probably owned and used over a dozen -- this one is the best one yet, and I'm really pleased with the purchase.  It was reasonably priced, it's a nice practical size, has all the control settings needed, and is easier to clean than most.  One of the most irritating problems with many such ovens is that they won't accomodate average baking dishes; this one not only comes with its own pan and rack, most ordinary baking dishes will also fit.  In fact, I've actually baked entire meals (for one person) at one time, which pleases my frugal nature.  There is a pull-out crumb/drip tray which is easily scoured at the sink or even slipped into the dishwasher.  I've had this oven for about a year, used it at least once every day, and hope it lasts for many more years; when it's outlived its natural life I will definitely shop Hamilton Beach for another just like it.  You notice no negative comments in this write-up, because I can't think of any!

Wish I knew how to use it to make more things

I have this model Toaster oven I do use it on occassion, I have to be honest though, I wish I knew how to make more things in it. When I got it a couple of years ago the instruction manual had a few things that you could make with it and I do make them. Like I make my sons their french toast sticks in it in the morning, or I will make toast in it. However, I would really like to make more in it and I haven't really found many recipes for it lately. However, seeing this review I'm thinking that I'm going to get on the ball and try to find more as I really think that it could make some great meals.

I think what has held me back more so from finding more is every time I go to take something out of the oven I end up burning my hand in one way or another. So it really hasn't motivated me to look for more ways to use it. I just use it the bare minimum and then leave it till the next time I'm making my sons some french toast or whatever I ususally use it to make.

A very good buy!

from Medford,OR

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Install

Cons

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

This is our 3rd convection oven in 15 years. Fabre Ware and Delong were the first and much more expensive. I was a little doubtful that an oven this price could work as well, but it has exceeded our expectations. A third of the price of our last one and cooks and looks so much better. After reading the reviews about the noisy convection setting, I wasn't too, too worried as our other two were louder than the oven setting due to the fan. Well.....they must have gotten a defective one or have radar ears, because my husband and I both had to look to make sure that we had it set to convection because it barely purrs. Cooks quickly, evenly, and yes, quietly. We are very pleased as we seldom use our oven and steaks in this oven is almost as good as grilling outdoors. (is there anything better than steaks cooked on an applewood open fire grill?) A very good buy!!

Not too bad

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

I like my Hamilton Beach 6 Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie. I mainly bought it for the rotisserie part. I like that you can cook two pizzas in it at the same time, or two trays of hot wings, mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets, etc. It comes in handy for Super Bowl parties. It is roomy so you can cook a lot at one time. The settings are pretty easy to follow too. It is easy enough that I am teaching my oldest daughter to use it. She loves to help me in the kitchen, so I try to let her do as much as I can as long as she has adult supervision. I like the design of this toaster oven as well. It isn't the easiest in the world when it comes to maintenance though. I absolutely hate cleaning it! That is why I gave it an eight instead of a ten. It does seem to heat evenly though, but it gets hot on the outside and I have to watch to make sure my youngest does not burn herself on it. I love the rotisserie though!

Even Heating
      It heats pretty evenly with lots of room to cook multiple things.

Safety
      Gets a little hot, so make sure kids do not touch it.

Great Product

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

I was given this toaster oven from my parents who never really used the toaster over. I was not really sure at first what I was going to use this toaster oven for because I already had a toaster, so did not know why someone would use this. I did a little recipe research online and found out all the different foods I can make on here. One of my kids favorites is making pizzas. Its a great snowy or rainy day activity I get pitas and then they put sauce on and add their favorites cheeses and toppings. I also make garlic bread a lot. I have also used the rotisserie feature a few times. The clean up when roistering is messy. But just have to do an extra wipe down when making food that way. Otherwise great product and fun for kids.

Food heats evenly.

No safety problems.

When making food using trays I typically line with foil and makes cleaning extremely easy.

Design is great. Many options of a wide range of different foods can be made in this toaster oven.

• Safety:

A very reliable conventional oven, that isn't overly expensive.

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

We were able to snag this puppy up at a relatively reasonable prize during a flash sale. This mini oven has been doing just fine for a couple of months now when we use it for such foods as pizzas, cookies, etc. The only possible con, or downside, to this conventional oven would be that it really heats up. We had a different type beforehand, and it did not heat up as quickly as this one. Be as it may, it is either a good sign (that it is working properly) or that it is a bit abnormal. We just make sure that nothing perishable is surrounding the convection toaster when we use it. The features that this toaster has are phenomenal. I personally love the roasting capabilities that it has implemented. I have not had a chance to pop in a chicken into the toaster, but I am sure that like many other food items prepared in it, it will cook it to perfection. The double rack feature is also great when you have a small social gathering and need double the food for double the crowd. We simply pop in two pizzas, for example, and voila, two perfectly cooked pizzas are ready to be devoured.

Perfect for Pizzas!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

While using a toaster over does take longer than a toaster, it's so much more convenient for things like garlic bread and mini pizzas. It heats food very evenly and is fairly easy to clean (oven cleaner will work if necessary).

Safety
      The outsides get very hot.

good toaster oven

from Connecticut

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

My fiance and I absolutely love this toaster/convection oven. It takes some time getting used to figuring out where to set the timer and adjusting to the shorter cook times of the convection oven, but it still works absolutely great. We used this to cook everything from to fish and steak all summer long when it is really hot so that we didn't have to heat up the house with the oven during the summer months. It worked so well, we'll probably continue to use it in place of our oven through the rest of the year since it works so well. It is great for heating up pizza as well. It heats up in a decent amount of time. It is easy to figure out how to use and I feel comfortable using it safely. It definitely is durable but wish it was a little bit easier to clean. The design is also nice. Having been through so many toaster ovens over the years this is one I would recommend investing in.

Keep The Flame Alive With This Countertop Oven & Rotisserie~

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

A way to a man's heart is through his stomach and it's true. So for our 13th Christmas together, Santa brought us the Hamilton Beach Countertop Oven with Rotisserie. I'm finding that it was the perfect gift for my spouse and I. My better half loves to grill steaks and ribs throughout the summer months in Michigan. Yesterday we were both craving t-bones and now we could cook them on the broiler in the new HB oven. I'm well aware that I will be thrilled to use it also come summer to keep our house nice and cool. Anyways my husband is so excited to try different dishes on our new device. I'm already getting the shopping list ready for whole chickens; cornish hens and a small turkey to try on the rotisserie. The oven is very easy to use and if you have used a regular stove than you can pick up fast how to operate this oven which is on a smaller scale.

Even Heating
      Dinner two nights in a row and the steaks turned out perfectly.

Safety
      Important to read booklet as it tells you where and where not to set up your oven.

I put the racks and plates that came with this right into the dishwasher.

A Kitchen Necessity

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

I have to that I love my Hamilton Beach toaster oven. The oven is designed to fit in any kitchen, it has a great new age look to it and comes in a few different colors to choose from. The oven is great for cooking most anything from pizzas to roasts and casseroles. Although I have never done so, the toaster over can cook rotisserie chicken. The toaster over is very roomy with two cooking surfaces which allows you to cook more than one item at a time. I always get excellent results with my dishes cooked in the oven. I like that the oven comes with the traditional knob temperature controls instead of digital, which allows me be in control. The best thing I feel about the Hamilton Beach toaster oven is that after use, it is very easy to clean. I really like the toaster oven and think it is a great addition to my kitchen. I never realized how convenient a toaster oven was until I owned one. This is a great item to purchase for yourself or as a gift.

Good replacement...

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

As with many who decide to purchase a toaster oven, it either happened out of necessity or the strange desire for more counter clutter. My oven died a horrible death. I decided to shoot it and put it of its misery. I am a single parent and could not afford to buy a full size replacement. This was reasonably priced and sale price was even sweeter. Overall, it has been a fantastic oven. I use the convection setting for most of my cooking. The rotisserie cooks well. The only thing I think I was disappointed in was the so called broiler setting. But that isn't enough to take away the functionality of this oven. We bake many a pizza in it. Since it is only my son and me, I have no reason to rush out and buy another full size for awhile.

Even Heating
      Seems to heat evenly. I have used the top of oven to keep food warm or slowly heat up my veggies while the main dish is cooking.

Safety
      Be careful the top of oven gets hot so if you leave a pan on it, think twice before picking it up without a potholder.

The bottom slides out for easy cleaning of runovers in the oven.

Haven't really had it long enough to evaluate. It has been used daily since I bought it one year ago.

I like the design. The rotisserie works great!

• Safety:

Near replacement for full-sized oven

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven with Rotisserie:

We purchased this oven as a replacement for our full-sized oven, which stopped working. Overall, we're very happy with this appliance and all that it can do. We were a household of two, so we don't have to cook in large batches. It's also quicker to heat than a full-sized, and the convection feature is great. Unfortunately, I do miss having a larger oven around the holidays, as it takes time for me to do my large batches of cookies for gifts (although the convection setting does bake faster). A reminder for those who purchase a countertop oven: you may need to adjust the temperature (regardless of if you are on convection or another setting). The rest of the year, this oven is perfect for our use and I'm happy we decided to make this purchase.

Even Heating
      Convection setting is great to distribute heat evenly. Just make sure you adjust the heat accordingly.

Nice design; looks great on my countertop.