4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Riding The Wave to Better Blending

Hamilton Beach Model 54245 Wave Action 14- Speed Blender is one of my favorite small kitchen appliances for many reasons. First, I like the size of the jar. With its 48 oz. glass jar, it is larger than most blenders and it was exactly the size I was looking for. I also wanted more power and that is exactly what I got: A blender with 700 watts of force at its peak. Next, I really like the stylish appearance of this blender. Not only does the black color make it look slick and attractive (it is available in white, if that is your preference), it is also more slender in shape than the blenders of old. The base does spread out a little at the bottom but the overall shape tends toward the vertical, making it easier to fit into a small countertop space and also easier on the eyes. Now for the most important factor: The blending ability. One of the reasons I selected this Hamilton beach model was because of its patented "Wave Action" technology. For those who are unfamiliar with this, it is a system that helps to blend drinks and other foods more thoroughly and efficiently via the design of the blades. Most blenders contain four blades that are more or less parallel to the countertop. But with Hamilton Beach Wave Action, two of the four blades are bent upward. This design helps to push ice and liquids down toward the blades for better blending. I was skeptical about the claims made by Hamilton Beach at first but one use made an instant believer out of me. I started by mixing up a pina colada- a drink that requires liquids and ice. One of the keys to making the perfect pina colada is to get the ice crushed into very small bits and most blenders fail at this task. But not Hamilton Beach 54245 Wave Action Blender. It blended the liquid and crushed the ice down to tiny particles in a matter of seconds. There was no need to stir the mixture by hand and try again. The drink was completely mixed, smooth, and delicious. I could not detect even a single piece of ice that was too large. Every last bit of ice was crushed to perfection!  Overall, I am very happy with my Hamilton Beach Ensemble Model 54245 Wave Action Blender and I have no regrets about spending the extra money to obtain it. It not only looks good, it performs its main task with ease and perfection. Drinks come out silky smooth in a matter of seconds thanks to the Wave Action technology, making this Hamilton Beach Blender an appliance that I will continue to use and enjoy for a good long time.

this product does Hamilton Beach a disservice

While the unit certain blended things it didn't last very long. I found that it started leaking after about 6 months. Maybe I was looking for too much in this inexpensive blender, but the saying "you get what you pay for" truly applies for this blender.

Blending Power
It had 10 buttons to select from for your blending needs and they generally did what they needed to do.

Versatility
It was versatile. You could blend anything from soup to nuts. But I just didn't have the confidence in the unit to do a good job in the heavy duty stuff.

It was easy to clean. Just put the jar and the lid in the dishwasher and it would come out sterilized.

It was very easy to use. You had the 10 buttons that were labelled for what they were for. The only thing was they didn't say for how long.

It was an attractive unit and looked good sitting on the counter. It was designed for ease of use.

This is where it failed. After such a short period of time it started to leak. This lead me to question if was getting clean and then I was waiting for it to explode on the counter causing a mess. I hate messes.

Not Bad

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

I got the Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender as a wedding present. I had owned an Oster previously, and it was a very simple model. I was thrilled to move up to a 14-speed model. I thought that there would be so much more versatility.
The Hamilton Beach was certainly more powerful than my Oster, but I did not notice a huge difference between each of the speeds. The ice crushing feature seemed great at first, but it's just a pulsing mechanism.
I still have the blender sitting in the back of my cabinet. I used it for several years to make smoothies, but once I began making my own baby food and adding more complicated ingredients to my smoothies, I noticed that this blender just couldn't do the job.
As long as I cleaned it right away, I had no problem, but if I let it sit for a few hours, it was a nightmare to clean.
Over time, I guess the rubber seal wore away because ingredients would leak into the bottom compartment and were really tough to clean.

Great Blender

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

I just recently received the Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-speed blender for a birthday present and have enjoyed it. I have been extremely pleased with the amount of power this blender has. It blends the frozen fruit up for smoothies with no problem. The hamilton beach blender is so simple and easy to use. The clean up was quick and easy with very little fuss. This blender is very versatile for various applications in the kitchen. I especially like that the design is simple without all the confusing settings and attachments that some of the larger more costly blenders feature. We have only had this 14-speed blender for about a month so far but we've been impressed with its durability thus far. It's a great choice at a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to recommend the hamilton beach 14-speed blender to anyone looking for a great choice and value.

this product does Hamilton Beach a disservice

• Versatility:

It did exactly what I wanted!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

Hamilton Beach 14- Speed Blender is one of my favorite small kitchen appliances. I like that it is a 48 oz jug. It is larger than most blenders and it was exactly the size I was looking for. I wanted a blender to make drinks such as milkshakes and smoothie's etc. for my family. I purchased this one because of the name Hamilton Beach and the affordability of it. I am very please. It does exactly what it is suppose to do. I like that it takes up less space on my counter than the older big bulky ones. It also gets the ice crushed into very small pieces and most blenders fail at this task terribly so that was a plus for me. With this model two of the four blades are bent upward . This helps with moving the ice down and therefore helps with the blending. The ice was crushed in just a few seconds. So you smoothies and milkshake or whatever you are blending up is just that blending there is no more hand blending afterwards. I am very please with my purchase. I like the design and please with price.

Blending Power
The blending Power is great!

it is very ease to clean.

Very simple easy to use.

I like the look of this machine.

It is very durable. It with stands my children. lol

Great blender

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

Blender works hard to mix and chop foods well. I use it to grind chicken fingers and boca burgers to fine pieces for my daughter who has tmj to eat.

Great for making smoothies.

Excellent design. It looks good on the counter in the kitchen. The black color goes with other appliances and is easy to wash.

• Versatility:

overall a great basic blender

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

I've had this blender a couple years now and overall I like it. It's basic, but it works well for me. The 14 different speeds come in very handy and allow you to make a lot of different things with one appliance. Which in a small kitchen is great so that you don't have to worry about storing several different appliances. The cost of the blender is excellent too. It is a relatively cheap appliance that isn't cheaply made. With care this blender should last you for a pretty long time!

Basic blender, average product

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

Can make pretty tasty smoothies but it takes a long time to get everything blended to an actual smoothie consistency.

Blending Power
It takes a while to blend things. I have had this blender for a long time and it always takes a long time to get everything blended properly. It has always been like this, ever since I got it so I don't think it's an issue that has developed from too much use.

Versatility
It has so many speeds and settings but a lot if them seem to just do the same thing and it seems like they just added all the settings for the looks because most of the buttons seem to do the same thing.

It is very easy to clean, just remove the glass container and wash like you would normally wash any of your dishes. There aren't any small books and crannies to get into so that's a plus.

You just add your ingredients, close the lid and push the button, very simple to turn on and off.

There is a little piece on the lid that you can remove, I guess to add liquid. If you forget to put that back on, it's a total mess. That I think would be considered a flaw in the design.

It has held up for the amount of time I've had it but I have only used it maybe 3 or 4 times a year for the past couple if years.

• Versatility:

Good blender for occasional use.

from Grove City, OH

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

We received this blender as a wedding gift. I've been married 5 1/2 years and the blender is still going strong. I have used it for different types of things from milkshakes, to sauces, to even grating oatmeal and other grains. The blender has different speeds which are very useful when you are wanting to blend more than a milkshake. Our blender is only used about 10 times a year, which is why it has lasted so long. I think it would be a great blender for occasional use such as this. It does tend to get a burning smell when used for too long though. It is very easy to use. However, it is a little tedious to clean and put back together correctly. We've had multiple leaks from not getting the seal on properly.

Great blender!

from Orange, NJ

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

I really like this blender from Hamilton. It is easy to use and (more importantly) easy to clean! It is not extremely heavy and does not take up too much room on my countertop. I love the design of the blender and its durability. I've owned hamilton products before and I am never disappointed with their brand. The power is not as great as great on this blender as some of the over higher quality blenders, however this model is great for every day use. Love it!

Works great!!

from Paragould, AR

Comments about Hamilton Beach Ensemble 14-Speed Blender:

We bought his blender a few months ago and it works great! It completly blends the frozen stuff without falter. The day before we bought a crappy durabrand one and it burned up before we were done using it the first time. So we went back and decided that instead of cheap crappy blenders we would get the good one. Good choice. Its looks great and it works well I would totally recommend it.