Other Coffee Makers:

Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

A Great Coffee Maker for Those Who Love Coffee

**Hamilton Beach BrewStation Coffee Maker**The **Hamilton Beach Brewstation Coffee Maker** is a very attractive coffee maker and will match any kitchen being an all black color.  It will brew up to 12 cups of coffee at a time.  It is simple to brew coffee with and dispenses one cup of coffee at a time. There is no "pot" and no warming tray which provide for less features to break on the appliance. You simply get a cup of coffee when you want it.

To set up the machine you must first clean it. You will need to remove the filter basket and the coffee tank and wash with soap and water, dry and put back together. These pieces are made of a pvc material and lock right into place. The lid to the coffee maker sits on top of the filter basket and is opened by simply lifting it up and back down to close it. The **Hamilton Beach BrewStation Coffee Maker** comes with the above mentioned filter basket, coffee tank, a coffee scoop, a package of cleaner and of course the main unit. The main unit is large, has rubberized circular thingies on the bottom which prevent slipping while on your counter top and is a very nice feature to have when using this in a travel trailer. It has only a 3-ft. power cord which could be a little longer for cabinets that don't have a lot of electrical plugs or for using in travel trailers.

To brew coffee, you fill up the coffee tank and pour into the reservoir. You can brew up to 12 cups of coffee which can be measured by the markings in your tank. After the coffee has brewed you can tell how many cups is left by the visible clear window. To get a cup of coffee, you hold your cup against the dispenser button gently and your coffee will begin to fill your cup. When you have the desired amount, remove the cup. There is a small drip tray at the bottom of the coffemaker but it doesn't appear to be able to hold very much liquid at all. It uses typical coffee filters, no special size or brand needed.

It has an on/off button and automatic shut off feature that shuts the machine off after two hours.

**My Experience With The BrewStation **So far I have been impressed with the **Hamilton Beach BrewStation Coffee Maker**. It brews a good cup of coffee and it is super easy to use. We have used it on several camping trips so far and it has not failed to deliver a great cup of coffee yet. I like the way the coffee stays a nice temperature even after it has been brewed for an hour. It also doesn't take on a stale taste if you turn the **BrewStation** back on after the two hour cut off. It just continues to keep the coffee at a nice and even "just right" temperature. I love the fact that there is no glass pot or carafe that goes with the unit. I always end up breaking them and then having to find a replacement. Washing this unit is very easy. The filter can be placed in the dishwasher but the manufacturer recommends a hand washing only for the coffee tank. A packet of descaler cleanser is included to give the machine a good cleaning from the inside. You use this by adding the descaler and turning the unit on for 20 seconds and then back off. You let the unit sit for 20 minutes to allow the descaler to do its job. Then you will add a tank of water only and let it run through the machine and repeat with a second tank to make sure you get everything out of the unit. The only things I would change about this unit is the length of the power cord to be at least 4 feet instead of the 3 ft. length. The other thing that didn't impress me is the drip tray. It is only like 2 inches by 1.5 inches in diameter. I don't see how it will hold very much liquid if you have a nice spill or eventually have a gasket wear out that will cause a constant drip.. On our last trip out my husband decided that we would leave this unit on the counter top instead of putting it up. The padding on the bottom does an excellent job of gripping and the coffeemaker rode well on the counter without moving an inch during travel. That was impressive!

We have encountered a leak or drip after several years of using this coffee maker.  My husband took the unit apart and cleaned it.  Coffee grounds were up in and around the gasket causing the unit to drip.  Now it is back into perfect working condition.

**Recommendation**

You bet!  We have had our **Hamilton Beach Brewmaster (12 cup) **for over 5 years now and have had very little problems with it.  It has lasted this long because it didn't have a glass pot with it for me to break.  Thumbs up to **Hamilton Beach**. for a nicely designed coffee maker.

BrewStation convienience outweighs the cons

We are on our second Hamilton Beach BrewStation. Being big coffee drinkers, skipping the carafe was really appealing. We also have two little ones and liked the idea of them having a harder time touching a hot surface.

That said, our 3 year old did try to help get me a cup of coffee one morning and she pressed against the button to dispense with her cup getting scalding coffee on her hand. We are just really careful now and I think it is no fault of the design.

Our first BrewStation wore out after a year or so of use ( one pot daily, sometimes two.) We didn't hesitate to buy another. I really like the functionality of it. We are getting ready to review some new pots, because we are wondering if a longer brew time will produce a different quality of coffee. We feel we are using too much coffee for the 12 cups. We fill it to the top with grounds because we like a stronger brew and the pot brews pretty fast.

It is tough to fill taller travel mugs, and you may have to use a mug to them pour into your travel mug. That is inconvienient, but not a huge deal. I often try to grab a cup only to find that there is a drop left, my husband drank it all and I couldn't tell that by looking through the window.

It is really easy to clean, we clean it by hand and sometimes put the basket only in the top of the dishwasher.

Sad to see it discontinued

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I've been using this coffeemaker for more than 7 years, and I don't really have any complaints about it. It's easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee. I like that I don't have a glass carafe to clean because I'd worry about breaking it. It's a bit larger than some coffeepots but doesn't overwhelm my kitchen counter. Coffee is a necessity for me in the morning and I consider this coffee pot a faithful friend.

Brew Performance
Doesn't take long to make a full or partial pot of coffee. The timer function is reliable and easy to use.

There are parts of the coffeemaker that don't clean up well but I don't consider it a downfall of the coffeepot. I run vinegar through it a couple of times once in a while and that does the job.

Making coffee is pretty simple in this machine. I don't see how it could be complicated.

Modern design. No worries about breaking glass. Coffee mugs and larger travel-size mugs can be filled straight from the mouth of the coffeepot. Easy to see how much coffee remains.

Haven't had a problem with it in seven years. Now that it's discontinued, I don't know what my next coffee pot will be. I like this one.

• Brew Performance:

Easiest Coffee maker to use!

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I love this coffee maker. I used to own a bar and it was given to me as a 'house warming' type gift for the business. That was about 7 years ago! I used it everyday at the bar to make coffee for myself and then used it later in the day as customers requested coffee. The reason I love it so much is that you can see through the front of it to actually see how much coffee is in the inside chamber. Then instead of making any spills what so ever by pulling out a traditional coffee 'pot', there is none! Simply put the glass under the dispenser, push your mug on the back push lever and simply fill your glass as full as you'd like! It's that easy. So there are no more careless spills from dripping coffee pots, you dispense ONLY as much as you want and you get it instantly!

It has a very easy programmable timer so you can get it ready for the next use and push one button and a red light flashes on and off to let you know the timer has been set. Once it starts making coffee, it will keep the coffee warm for 2 hours. That's the only down side I have with it, because sometimes I can drink coffee for hours and hours!

It's super easy to clean too. Just wash out the chamber that fills with coffee and you're done! I love this coffee maker so much that when I sold the bar, I brought it home with me. And like I said, 7 years later and I'm STILL using it!

Makes excellent coffee!

Super easy, just take out the carafe part of it and wash it...done!

Couldn't be easier! It makes the coffee, you slide your mug under it, viola! You have a mug of hot coffee in your hand!

Nothing special about the design, but I do love that you can visually see how much coffee you've made and how much there is left to drink!

It's obviously durable! Been using it for over 7 years...daily! AND it's still performing like new!!!! (knock on wood!!!) I LOVE IT!

Great coffee maker!

from Port Orchard, WA

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have had this coffee maker for several years now. I love it! It keeps the coffee hot but you don't have to worry about getting burned by a hot plate which is great if you have adventurous kids. You can make a lot or just a little and it keeps the coffee fresh for a long time. It is easier to clean than you would expect too. I have had one problem with it. The spout seems to get kind of clogged sometimes but I learned how to fix it. About once every month or so I run vinegar through it and clean it out. This fixes the clogged spout and it is as good as new. A good feature about this coffee maker is that there isn't a glass pot. You don't have to clean it out or worry about breaking it. It takes standard coffee filters which is nice too. It easy to turn on and off and everyone is impressed when guests come over. It has easy to operate buttons with a clock and timer. I would recommend this to any coffee lover.

Convenient Coffee Server

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

There are several things that I like about this coffee maker. First of all the dispenser allows you to serve coffee without a typical carafe. The benefit of not having a carafe is that you don't need to worry about braking a glass carafe. The glass carafes can be expensive to replace and sometimes they are hard to find. So with this coffee maker you won't need to be concerned with a replacement glass carafe because it dispenses right from the coffee maker. I think that the coffee comes out good when made in this coffee maker too. I like that you can make 12 cups of coffee which works well for serving larger groups of people. When searching for a coffee maker it is helpful to find on that will make 12 cups of coffee because we often serve larger groups of people who enjoy coffee.

• Brew Performance:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Winnfield, LA

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Overall the coffee maker works on many levels such as ease of use.

Brew Performance
Makes enough coffee as determined by how much water is put into it.

It is a little difficult to clean because you have to take out the water container and the little tray for the spills is a little hard to connect back to the machine.

Very easy to use.

The design is a little big but it works for me.

I have had no problems with the durability of this product.

Nice coffee pot!

from Fairmont, WV

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I really like my brew station. I'm on my second one now. I also have a keurig but that's another story. If I just want to brew a pot of coffee and have ready, then this is a great pot for that. I keep saying pot but there is not pot - which is the best feature to me! I love that I can just hold a cup against the little "lever" and coffee comes out. It's easy to take apart and clean. I do have to say that the number line gets stained up pretty easily and sometimes can be hard to read. When that happens, I run a cycle with vinegar water and let it sit for a while before washing. One other thought is that I did run into trouble with the first pot in that one "pot" just poured out of the lever... we couldn't get it to stop. That's when we replaced our pot... I guess it just wore out but that was kinda yucky. 12 cups on your counter and floor...

If You Can't Afford the More Expensive Brands, Try This

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

The Hamilton Beach Brew Station 12-Cup Coffeemaker is a good alternative to more expensive brands such as the Keurig and Tassimo. If you also prefer using coffee grinds or tins of coffee, instead of having to use K-Cups or Disc than this coffee maker is for you. Like the more expensive brands, this coffee maker can make up to 12 cups at a time but is single serve and comes with no "community" pot. When you prepare your coffee by adding your coffee to the filter and filter basket, you just simply place your cup under and push the cup against the dispenser to fill up the cup. When you remove the cup there is a small (very small) drip tray to catch any extra. This coffeemaker is very easy to use, adjust, and set. And if you forget to turn it off there are no worries as it will shut itself off after a few hours. Its a very good, compact size and very, very easy to clean or wipe down.

Great!

Easy to wipe down or rinse.

Great coffee maker

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Loved this. Use it everyday. Love the fact there is no pot to pick up and pour coffee in a cup. Easy to clean. I have made several great cups of coffee and didn't have to worry about a pot or burning someone.

The best.

Very easy.

The best. So easy to use

Love. Great design.

It has lasted with me

Don't buy it!

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

While I absolutely loved my Hamilton Beach at first, it developed a very bad leaking issue eventually. Just randomly, coffee would begin seeping out, and I had a difficult time figuring out where the spillage was coming from. And the strange thing was, sometimes it leaked, and sometimes it didn't. There was no rhyme or reason to it. I then read the reviews and saw many people had also had this same problem, but my coffeemaker was past the recall date, so Hamilton Beach wouldn't replace any of the parts. So I was disappointed and went with a different brand for my next coffeemaker. It is super easy to use, but the leakage was a definite problem.

• Brew Performance:

Simple Coffee with a Big BUTT!

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is a pretty simple coffee machine. It is great for storing coffe and then heating it up throughout the day. However, my one but about this machine is that is has a big butt! LOL! This machine is large! The back is oddly shaped and doesn't seem to fit right in any area of my kitchen. Clean and simpler lines would have gone great with this coffee maker because it does a great job of making coffee fast and right and keeping it stored all day long.

Fast and Simple.

Awkard to get into the sink to clean because of size.

Just fill it up and push the button!

HUGE! and oddly shaped.

Made of plastic so you decide.