Other Coffee Makers:
47665Z
Hamilton Beach BrewStation Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Hamilton Beach BrewStation Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

• Brew Performance:

The Hamilton Beach Brew Station Plus makes the best coffee ever!

You can't go wrong with the Hamilton Beach Brew Station Plus coffee pot. It is simple and easy to use, easy to set the timer the night before so you have fresh hot coffee waiting for you when you get up. Makes 12 cups vs the original style only made 10. Just fill the carafe with the desired amount of water, pour into reservoir. Use a paper filter or small reuseable filter, and add the preferred amount of coffee. I use 5 level tablespoons of fine ground coffee. Close the lid, making sure it closes snugly and turn on. No carafe full of hot coffee to lift, or pour. Just place your cup next to the dispenser button, press and hold to fill your cup.

The coffee tastes great even after sitting on the burner for 2 hours. It has an auto shut off, which does shut off after 2 hours. My only complaint would be that it does not allow you to change the auto shut off time. We use our coffee pot several times a day, making as many as 3 or 4 pots of coffee a day. This coffee pot has never failed us and I have had it for over 8 months now. It is easy to clean, just wipe out the inside of the carafe. If your model does not have the domed screen cover over the seal area, be careful not to dislodge the rubber o-ring seal when cleaning the carafe.

When you first purchase your coffee maker, fill the carafe with water and check for any leaks. If there are leaks, check to make sure all screws are tightened. The screws are phillips heads, located on the bottom of the carafe and around the burner plate. The screws can be loose on arrival and should be tightened securely prior to the first use or leaks may occur.

Had 4 of these and the screen/filter keeps stopping up

**Am I the only one that keeps having problems with the little screen stopping up on these**?

I've had **FOUR** of these and everyone of them have the...Read complete review

I've had **FOUR** of these and everyone of them have the SAME problem. The screen/filter keeps stopping up slowing coffee dispensing to a trickle. I called Hamilton Beach and complained. They sent me another tank, a few months later..same thing. FOUR times...same thing.

I use filtered water when making coffee, I clean the pot at least once a month, and still the little screen/filter stops up causing the coffee dispensing to slow to a trickle.

I've tried using BrewRite coffeepot cleaner, I've tried backwashing the dispeser (as indicated on bottom of pot), I've tried sucking it out with a shopvac. Nothing works. The screen stops up, the coffee won't dispense.

Another thing I don't like about this pot is that the plastic window stains after just a few uses and you can't see how much coffee is left in the pot.

**I love the concept of the design,** but this one **needs to go back to the drawing board**.

About the dispenser screen clogging

from Davis, CA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

• Everyday

Comments about Hamilton Beach BrewStation Plus 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Another person posted this solution. I haven't done it yet, but intend to as my coffee dispenses so slowly and drips so much, it's frustrating!

An Easy Fix - the screen begins to slow down the pouring, so I fixed it. I took a razor knife and put a slit in two screens side by side. Then I used a pair of needle-nose plyers to grab the screen between the slits and pulled straight up. It popped right out with a click sound. I thought it might not work or leak, but no, it works better than ever. It pours nearly as fast as a glass pot now!!! And it's still working perfect after three years later. I love this BrewStation Coffee Maker.

A Great BrewStation with Screen Fix - Here's How

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Cons

• Screen Begins To Clog

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

Hamilton Beach Brewstation

My absolutely favorite aspect of this coffee maker is the lack of having a carafe to deal with. The intelligent design of this product is pure genius. Even dowjn to the level of making it so "User Friendly" as to have built in hadles on the canister as well as th brew basket.

Brew Performance
    Whether you are using the timer , which is very precise and always works, or, the manual start method it brews the coffee quickly and keeps it at the perfect temperature with an auto shutoff feature if you walk off and forget to turn it off. This is not only a great safety feature but keeps the coffee from being "overheated and has that burnt taste".

It is the eaqsiest machine to clean I have ever owned. From the brewing container to the brew basket even down to the small chrome grate at the foot of the base it is a piece of cake to clean. Takes no time at all.

Very easy to fill and pour the water from the brewing container into the machine with foolproof markings of the 12 cup capacity. Also the timer does not take a degree in Electrical Engineering to program the auto start timer or the digital clock.

Beautiful, elegant design. Highly functional to being a very nice looking machine that fits any decor in your kitchen or office.

I have moved twice since I purchased this coffee machine and I am not exactly what you would call a "professional Packer". Its tough, durable and very attractive. I just love just pushing my cup or mug up to the dispenser bar and filling them up without the hassle of dealing with a glass carafe.

• Brew Performance:

Great brew, tastes great..... until it breaks.

It is a great coffee pot. It only lasted 1 year and 9 months, though. Other pots have lasted longer.

Brew Performance
    It made very good coffee. Always hot and aromatic.

The only cleaning instructions are to clean the pot monthly with vinegar. After the vinegar goes through the pot, use water a few times before the next brew. The vinegar taste and smell would linger until the 2nd pot was consumed.
    There is no good way to lean the inside of the coffee carafe.

I was convenient to use. Every time I made coffee, I enjoyed it. Even the process of pouting the water in was good.

Loved the design. Perfect fit in the kitchen and it didn't scoot across the counter from being too light weight. The timer and clock were fail proof. Worked every time.

The push button to release the coffee broke in mid brew and spilled hot coffee all over my kitchen counter and floor. Safety is my biggest concern with this because I have small children in the house and they could have been burned if I had not caught it as soon as it happened.

No glass to break

I love how you only need one hand to pour your coffee and it lasts forever because there's no glass pot that breaks easily! My mom has had hers for over 3 years and I've had mine for a year. Cleaning is simple just run vinegar through with water and it's clean! Also the coffee tastes great!

Great product

This coffee pot is easy to use. It is also easy to program. I love that it can be programmed and it automatically makes the coffee the next morning! It is easy to clean. It does not leak. This coffee pot keeps the coffee warm. It is stylish and matches the other appliances in my kitchen.

• Brew Performance:

Great coffee pot for everyday use

Easy to use coffee pot and easy to program. I use it every day with a reusable coffee filter. Just clean it out once a day and ready to go for the next brew.

Big and bulky but worth it for brewing up to 12 cups every time. Steams up a lot so make sure to pull pot away from cupboard.

Hamilton Beach NO NO

from Marion, IN

I give it a one ....first time I used it the water display level went cloudy and I couldn't see how many cups of water were left in the tank.

It does brew fast...

Make sure you use the coffee cleaner at least once a month if you have trouble with your water having to much lime or other such , I forgot to clean mine and I ended up using bleach to get a slimy build up out ...Yuck

Water tank is something of a joke, You must have a steady hand or you will make a mess while pouring water into it.

I love the fact that there is No glass pot.

I had mine less then six months and only made one pot of coffee a day, for that price I went cheaper

• Brew Performance:

No hassles for a great cup of coffee

from Graham, NC

Easy to use, quick brew time, easy cleaning; What more could a person ask for?! It is dependable, quiet and makes a great cup of coffee quickly, which is great for those of us who are challenged with simple activities before we have had our morning cup of coffee! Great price as well!

• Brew Performance:

Hamilton Beach BrewStation Coffee Maker is PERFECT!

from Dallas, TX

Before receiving this coffee maker as a wedding gift 3 years ago, we had a regular coffee maker with the removable handheld pot. This is by far the best coffee maker we have ever owned. I hope one day to own a Keurig, but that’s another story.

This Hamilton Beach coffee maker holds enough coffee to get both me and my husband going in the mornings. The thing we like most is the way we can just push our cup up against the back button and it automatically dispenses the coffee into our cups, no matter what size cup it is. It makes up to 12 cups and both of us use half of it in our gigantic mugs we use.

Another thing I like about this is the programmable feature and auto-off. I love programming my coffee and having it ready for me when I wake up , not having to stumble around half asleep trying to make it. I like how if it goes untouched for a certain amount of time, it automatically goes off.

It is incredibly easy to clean and does not take long to do it either. You can also run water through it to clean it more thoroughly. You can use it to make tea and boil hot water as well.

Overall, this is a great product for the lazier coffee drinker, such as myself.