Other Washing Machines:

Haier Portable Pulsator Washer

Pros

Cons

Compact Convenience

I have used the Haier Portable Pulsator Washer HLP21E in the past. This washer is the most compact washer I have ever used. I absolutely loved using it. I used it for doing laundry for only two people and it worked beautifully for me but I am not sure how well it would work for large families. Because of its size, it won't hold as many clothes as a large washer, so it may not be the best choice if you have a large family.

It cleaned everything very well, it was super quiet and the best thing was that it was portable and very easy to fix/mount. This machine used a very small amount of detergent to wash a full load; but maybe that was because of its size but in any case, this worked very well for me. It automatically went through a wash, drain, spin, fills for rinse, drains and final spin. My clothes always came out clean with no soap residue. The clothes came out minimally damp and I could usually air dry them without any problems.

I would recommend this Haier washer to anybody looking for a portable washer with a relatively small family or to apartment dwellers or may be singles. You won't be disappointed!

A Giant Pain

I purchased this washer when I was living in a small apartment for a short time and wanted something that I could take with me when I left. I figured the inconvenience of having to move it to the kitchen sink every time I wanted to use it would be offset by the convenience of not having to go to the laundromat. I was wrong.

From day one I was not impressed with this. It just did not work well at all. There were problems with the size. It's okay for doing a small load of laundry but if I tried to do more than one set of towels or a few pairs of pants at a time it became a nightmare. Forget trying to do blankets or sheets. Those I had to bring to the laundromat anyway.

It did an acceptable job of washing and got things clean enough but I never felt it really cleaned them as well as I would have liked. It always felt as if the rinse never rinsed quite enough. It just was not ideal.

After a few weeks of using this I really resented having to use it every time I had to do laundry since it was such a chore.

Overall I really cannot recommend this.

Does A Super Job of Cleaning Your Clothes

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I had a Haier Portable Washer and after years of heavy use, it finally broke. I loved that washer and it did a wonderful job! Since I needed to replace it, I decided to stay with the same brand name and chose a Haier Portable again. I am never disappointed with this brand. This washer is powerful for its size. It pulsates the laundry and gets it amazingly clean. Before I bought a portable washer, I was very skeptical about the cleaning power but this brand cleans clothes just as well, if not better, than a full size model. Hook up is very simple and the machine is easy to use. It does not take up as much space as a full size model. It is energy efficient and fairly quiet as well. I have had no problems with this washer at all. The cycles are easy to choose. It uses regular laundry detergent. It has a nice design as well and so far is very durable. If you live in a small space or a home without a laundry hook up, than this one is for you. I recommend you give this one a try if you need a portable washer.

ok but not great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I have previously in he past purchased and used this Haier Portable Pulsator Washer and I found that it lasted as long as I needed it which was a few years. This is the first washer I ever purchased and I needed it to fit into a small one bedroom duplex I lived in. It was the perfect size as I did not have much room so it fit perfectly. I can say one good thing is that I found washing clothes for one person and maybe two and i did not have any problems. If I tried to put large loads it was become unbalanced but after it happened a few times I figured out how much clothes I could put in it and I had no more problems. I can say that this Haier Portable Pulsator Washer did a good job cleaning my clothes and I was very happy with that. Also the price of this washing machine was pretty reasonable as far as washers go. Defintely good for a first time washer. I can also say that this washer was very easy to maneuver. I immediately knew how to turn it on and set it. I found it pretty self explanatory. Another thing I noticed is that it does not use as much energy as a larger washer which really helped with my power bill. I would certainly suggest that you give this a try if you are looking for something that is reasonably priced and fits in small places.

A Giant Pain

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

Overall I really cannot recommend this.

Mixed Emotions

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I purchased the Haier Portable Pulsator Washer while teaching English in China. It's a really popular brand over there and was the perfect size for my small apartment. My bathroom was just that, a room with a shower (and hot water heater), sink and toilet all in one. So, everything got soaking wet whenever I took a shower. Since there were no hot water hookups, I had to use my shower head to fill the machine if I wanted hot water. The machine did not have an option for hot water.
The size was ideal at the time, as it was just my husband and me. However, it would definitely not work with a larger family. Additionally, we had to hang all of our clothes to dry, so we avoided washing large loads.
The machine never broke down in all the five years that we used it. But let me say that it was really rough on our clothes. I had assumed that the lack of an agitator would make it gentler, but I soon discovered that this was not the case. I had even bought some spiky washer balls to help in dirt removal, but the combination proved deadly for my clothing.
My only other complaint was that the hose often came unattached and leaked the laundry water all over my bathroom floor. I was used to having a wet floor (the shower was right there as well with no curtain or floor division), but I didn't love having dirty water everywhere. The hose does not connect well.
Again, living in our apartment in China gave a different experience than somewhere with more advanced hookups.

• Cleaning Time:

Good Portable/small space washer...

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I fit a decent amount considering how small it is. I was able to do a weeks worth of laundry but it did take all day.

Energy Efficiency
It was very energy friendly, my electric bill did not go up much as I did not notice much of a difference.

Cleaning Time
The reason for the seven if that is can take up to an hour to do one load. It depends on the load size which needs to be balances or the machine will shake and make noise.
With a small load it does go faster but a full load takes longer due to the water filling the machine, for me I hooked it up to the kitchen faucet with the hose attachment (purchased separately at the hardware store) so the filling time was about 10 minutes.

The performance was great for the first year.

It is a small machine that comes with castor wheels for easy movement from where it is stored to the faucet. in my case it fit in my hall closet which was 3x3 feet. But even on wheels you have to remember to lock them before use(which I always forgot) or it moves while the wash is going.

It has a slim design and does not take up much space. Has wheels for ease of movement.

Buy the extended warranty if offered. I had this machine a year and one week so of course it broke right after the warranty ended. the host that goes into the sink to empty broke from the base.
With that said, if you live in an apartment or small home this machine is great, especially if you have a baby with reflux which was my main reason for making this purchase.

portable is amazing!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I recently purchased this portable washer for my new apartment with the kids. This washer was by far the easiest I have ever had! Since it is portable, it was incredibly easy to move into the apartment and move around to wherever I wanted it. It is compact and does not take up much space, while still maintaining the Haier reputation of doing full loads of laundry quickly and cleanly. All my clothes come out fresh and beautiful, even softer than I have noticed with my previous washer. My colors do not run in the wash (though this can be said it is due to the detergent, but I think the washer itself helps!) The cold water washes are colder than my previous washer which allows clothes to keep their color. The buttons are easy to use, choosing between cold and warmer temperatures as well as small loads or large ones. All around this washer was a great purchase value for the price. It is a bit more expensive than other models but definitely worth it for the ease of washing and convenience of the portable design.

Well Worth It

from Danielson, CT

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

This is not a huge washing machine but for a single person or a couple it's perfect. This baby holds a lot more than you would think and clothes come out clean. It's easy to operate and attaches very well to an existing washer hook up. Hooking it to the sink also works quite well. I have washed full sized winter blankets and queen sized sheets with no problems. The washer also has a lint filter which is a nice feature. I wash exclusively in cold water so I know it's good.

Energy Efficiency
Most of Haier's products are very energy efficient. they include a yearly usage sticker and it's quite low

Cleaning Time
It takes a bit longer than a standard washing machine . It's about 45 minutes to do a full load with full water level

Clothes come out clean and nearly dry

The buttons are easy to use and it has a lot of different cycles

Tall and thin with a deep basket for clothes and top loading

I've only had mine for a few months but it's still going strong

• Cleaning Time:

Does what it is intended to do

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I have a family of three and we purchased this washer to use while we lived in an apartment while our home was being renovated. I don't think the trouble I had with it was so much the machine but that we over-worked it. It's definitely not suited for regular family laundry (small child plus dog). But I did do a few small loads and they didn't unbalance it. I had some trouble with the lint trap not trapping, and there was a small amount of water underneath it after each use, but I'm still not certain if it was a leak or condensation. We made do by putting it on a towel, which also helped with the unbalancing problem. I had to "rearrange" a medium size load once per cycle pretty consistently and after the first few tries I didn't attempt larger loads again - I took them to the laundromat. I really loved the idea of this little machine, but I was disappointed that it didn't save me those trips.

It's a simple design, what's not easy is having to constantly pull out your wet clothes, fluff them and arrange them inside the machine so they'll finish.

By the time we no longer needed it, it seemed a lot more "used" than I expected after two months, but it still worked the same as it did when I brought it home. It just had more issues with balance.

Great Little Machine

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

This is a great little machine for what it does. I got one for my daughter that lives in an apartment. She is single and it is just right for her. Cost efficient so doesn't drive up her utility bill to much but does small loads enough that she doesn't have to go to the laundry mat. Since is it small and portable she can easily keep it in her closet and pull it out when she needs to use it. Just hook it up to a faucet and it is ready to go. There are 3 water level and action settings. Having a small apartment , trailer or home it works great. I would not recommend it for anyone with a family or a lot of laundry to do. Perfect for the student or single person.

Energy Efficiency
Since this so small and portable it is great on energy. My daugther hasn't seen much of a spike in her utility bill since having this machine.

Cleaning Time
Doesnt take long to do a small load of clothes

For the size and quanity of clothes it works great.

About the easilest machine to use since it is no frills. Just turn it on!

Nice little design makes it easy to store.

So far it is holding up just fine.

• Cleaning Time:

Worked great for 2 years.

Comments about Haier Portable Pulsator Washer:

I had this washer for about two years. Worked great but last month, the buttons on it got harder and harder to navigate, and then after a month of that, it stopped working. I really liked this washer and miss it. Maybe I'll get another one. Can't fit a large one in my apt.

Energy Efficiency
Did not use a lot of electricity at all. It did not effect my electricity rate that much at all. Very efficient.

Cleaning Time
Very quick on the quick wash cycle. Normal cycle was only about 15 minutes. That was good for me.

Good performance...for a time. After awhile, the button kept sticking where I had to keep pressing till I got a certain knack to get it started.

Very easy to use, once you figure out the cycle modes.

Smooth design, nicely compact. Just right for a small apt. Does not take up hardly any space at all. I was able to store my washer in between my counter and refrigerator.

I would say it was very durable until I started having problems with the buttons.