4.1
Other Dog Healths:
Greenies
Models:
10075567, 21207, 10075558, 21274, 10075562, 21209, 10075550, 10075555, 018GRN04-R30, 10075565, 10075560, 21210, 10075547
Greenies Canine Dental Chews

Greenies Canine Dental Chews

4.1

Pros

Cons

Dogs love them

Those Greenie Dental Bones for Dogs are the best. I had received a free sample in the mail and thought now my dog isn't going to like this thing. So made her sit like we always do when she gets a treat and you wouldn't beleive it she took to that bone like there was no tomorrow. She likes them better then she does a regular bog biscuit. So you all know what I had to do after that. Yeap go out and buy them. The price isn't that bad either for them which surprised me. Her breath after eating them is very pleasant to smell which is better then any other treat she's been getting. Can't wait to start exploring the different Greenie products. So if you want your bogs teeth cleaner and breath smelling better try Greenie Dental Bones. Dont let the color (Green) of the treat get you down you dog will love them. You can buy them just about anywhere now. So what are you waiting for Do your dog a favor and go out and get them some to try you will be happy you did.

Dangerous, Not Worth the Risk

Greenies can be very dangerous, they are a choking hazard for dogs. They also don't digest the same way that natural chew treats do. We used to give these to our dogs but stopped when we found that EVERY time our dogs felt ill afterwards. If you do give these treats supervise your pets 100% - your dog could choke if he swallows a large chunk or it could cause a life threatening bowel obstruction.

My Dog Refused All Flavors

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

I have a puppy and I wanted to start her on good dental hygiene as early as possible to head off any potential problems so I purchased a couple different kinds of dental chews including these since I have purchased other Greenies products before and they were wonderful. These were not received well at all. She sniffed at it and walked away. She just outright refused to eat them and she eats virtually everything. I tried the Original, Bursting Blueberry, and Grain Free and all were a bust. She refused to even get close to the blueberry ones! The grain free variety got a lick, but that was it.

These are very cute with a green color and a toothbrush like shape unlike similar brands which don't have the cute factor. However, these are also more expensive than other brands at about $1 per chew for the regular size - a pack of 12 runs you about $12 or $13 dollars online and in most chain pet stores. Comparable brands are about half that price.

Overall, since my dog just refused to eat any flavor of these they were a complete bust and I can't recommend them.

Perfect breath freshener.

Profile Image

from Florida

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Teeth
  • Digests Well
  • Easy To Chew
  • Fun
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Everyday
    • Larger Dogs
    • Puppies
    • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

Greenies have been around for as long as I can remember and we have bought them for dogs since I was growing up.

They are marketed as a edible toothbrush almost. They are essentially mint flavored dog treats in the shape of a tooth brush. They have the same texture or density of a Nylabone.

We have bought Greenies for our dogs for years and have never had any complaints about them. They make them in varying sizes too. From extra small too pretty large for different sizes of dogs.

Greenies also makes a variety of other products to help freshen your pets breath including products for cats.

The price for Greenies is much better than the price of any other like product that I have seen on the shelves.

I would watch or keep an eye on puppies or smaller dogs the first time you give them a greenie, just until they get used to it. Other than that I have no complaints about them and will continue to buy them!

Great!

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

My vet recommended Greenies Canine Dental Chews to me over a year ago so I went ahead and gave them a try. Let me just say I am so glad that I did. I notice such a difference in my dogs breath when I give him one of these and the great thing is my dog loves them! He loves them just as much as his other treats and they are helping clean his breath too! I was pleasantly surprised by the price of these too. For the amount you get in a container they are a great price. They also have coupons out quite often (often times on their website) which makes them even a greater deal. I would highly recommend these if you are looking for an easy and convenient way to freshen your dog's breath. I guarantee he/she will love them!

Quality of Ingredients
    There are a lot of ingredients in this product, but they work very well to freshen my dog's breath.

Side Effects
    These make my dog's breath so much better, I notice such a difference with these!

• Quality of Ingredients:
    • Side Effects:

My dogs like these a lot!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

Last year when I took both of my dogs to the vet, I was informed that they were having some tartar buildup on their teeth. My vet recommended these dental chews to me, and he said they should work to clean my dogs' teeth and help control bad breath. After giving these to my dogs for about a month, I definitely noticed a huge difference. Their breath smelled nicer, and the tartar buildup was gone almost completely. I would definitely recommend these.

Quality of Ingredients
    My vet recommended these Greenies dental chews to me for my dogs, so I knew the quality of ingredients would be great. I could read every ingredient in the list of ingredients, so I am very pleased with that. I like to feed my dogs healthy treats, so these are perfect.

Side Effects
    Both of my dogs have not had any side effects at all. I am pleased to say this because I was a little hesitant on feeding these Greenies canine dental chews. Both of my dogs have pretty weak stomachs, but these treats did not give them any stomach aches at all.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Minty fresh!

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

I really don't like to buy into gimmicks and products that just make the human feel good even if there is no real benefit to their animal. However I noticed food buildup occurring on the inside of my dogs teeth. Brushing her teeth or picking it off was not an option so I decided to try Greenies, and if they didn't work, I wasn't out much. They do a great job, and she loves the treat, so it looks like a win-win for our household!

Quality of Ingredients
    Unfortunately the treats contain grains, however the rest aren't too bad. Since my dog only gets one once in awhile I feel the benefits outweigh the down side when I can't find the grain free ones at the time.

Side Effects
    Clean teeth. I guess if you count minty fresh breath and a happy puppy as side effects? Ha, ha. Or the fact that my dog likes these treats so much she comes back begging for more? Other wise I have not noted any changes in my dog, and definitely no negative ones.

• Quality of Ingredients:

My dogs love them

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

I bought these Greenies Canine Dental Chews by accident one day. I normally buy the Greenies chews in the petite size and these are the normal size. Now, I prefer these to the smaller kind. I have three small dogs, but these work better for them. Since they are bigger, they are easier for my dogs to chew on and they last a lot longer. I love the Greenies chews because they help my three dogs teeth so much. They are so much whiter and healthier than when they do not have these dental chews. The best thing about the chews is how much it helps their breath. I would definitely recommend these to others who are concerned with their dogs teeth. I know that it can be very hard to brush a dog's teeth, so these chews are perfect. They may not work as well as actually brushing their teeth, but they definitely help. The price of these chews is good. I thought at first that they were expensive, but after seeing how well they work I think they are priced perfectly.

Side Effects
    I noticed no side effects from these chews. They worked great for my pups.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Greenies Great for Your Dog's Teeth and a Wonderful Treat Too

from Lake Elmo, MN

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

My terriers LOVE Greenies brand dental chews. They are easily digested and work well on their teeth as well. Each serving is enough for a reasonable chewing time and there are many servings per bag.
    We use them as often as one per day to keep their breath clean and to clean their teeth. It is recommended that dogs chew something hard every day to clean their teeth and Greenies are our first choice.
    They are easily finished in one sitting so they are not lying around half chewed gathering germs as some the of the nylon bones do.

Quality of Ingredients
    The quality is great although the first ingredient is Wheat flour. My dog does not do well on Wheat and we avoid it although it does not react to the wheat in Greenies at all.
    It may be the addition of the amino acids or the Green Tea that makes it more easily digested.
    There is a wide profile of the ingredients on the site for Greenies. The inclusion of a great mix of minerals, B vitamins, E vitamin, D3 and other assorted supplements makes Greenies brand an ideal mix of quality supplements and dental care in a product that is a treat for dogs.

Awesome product for dogs

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

I love this product for my dog! We have been giving these to our dog for a few months now and they work great! Just to be aware though, this product is recommended for dogs that are between 25 to 50 pounds, so I wouldn't recommend giving this to a smaller dog or puppy. They do have packages intended for different size pets, but this is just what our package recommends. They are also a little on the expensive end, but they do help with your dog's teeth pretty well. It also helps with their breath too, it makes it smell a little fresher! We usually just give our dog one dental chew a day, so we go through about a tub a month. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that has a dog (between 25 to 50 pounds) and wants to help their dogs teeth and breath!

Quality of Ingredients
    The quality of this product is really good! They work really well!

Side Effects
    Our dog hasn't had any side effects using this product.

• Quality of Ingredients:
    • Side Effects:

My dog loves them and they are great for her teeth.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

My dog Jinny has absolutely terrible breath, and plaque buildup. There is no way I'd be able to stick a doggy toothbrush and toothpaste in her mouth without her trying to bite my fingers off. So I bought her the Greenies Dental Chews instead.

Honestly, she really loves the Greenies. She an older medium sized dog, and it takes her awhile to chew through a whole Greenie, so that's great because a box of them lasts for quite awhile, and she takes longer to work on her teeth, thus getting rid of more buildup. I do notice that her breath isn't as bad as it usually is, and a lot of the buildup that was on her teeth before has been scraping off in the process. Her teeth look much better, brighter, and less yellow. It is also nice because they keep her pre-occupied while I'm eating dinner since she loves them so much. She doesn't bother me for table scraps anymore.

I will keep buying the Greenies, because I would rather buy a healthy treat for my dog that helps with her teeth. Instead of buying something that is artificially flavored and doesn't do anything for her health.

Quality of Ingredients
    The Greenies have a lot of great proteins, and vitamins in them. There aren't any ingredients that I can't pronounce or haven't heard of before, so that's a good sign. And the flavor is made completely out of poultry instead of artificial flavors.

Side Effects
    My dog has not had any bad side effects from the Greenies. I have heard of dog getting allergies from them because they have things like wheat protein and wheat flour in them. I have no had this problem though.

If your dog does have allergies I would always read the box before buying them or feeding them to your dog.

• Quality of Ingredients:

Canine Dental Chews

Comments about Greenies Canine Dental Chews:

I absolutely adore these canine dental chews. They make taking care of my pooch's dental health so much more convenient and easy. It is also really nice that the price is most definitely affordable. It is a no mess packaged bunch of what essentially my dog thinks of as treats that brighten up my dogs teeth and scrape off the tartar build-up and residue. I doubt that I could get much better results than these, not even if I scrubbed at them myself every day. I can tell that my dog actually enjoys these which is nice since many dental care products for dog's are unappealing to the dog.

Quality of Ingredients
    I am pretty impressed with the list of ingredients such as real chicken and real beef. There are a couple of ingredients though that are for preserving the dog treat but at the same time those are in most dog foods.

Side Effects
    These canine chews contain wheat gluten, so for dogs who may have allergies to wheat and or gluten may want to watch out for this specific brand.

• Quality of Ingredients: