Other Razors:
Gillette Venus Embrace

Gillette Venus Embrace

Pros

Cons

The smoothest shave I have ever experienced

*The Venus Embrace razor is by far the smoothest shave I have ever experienced.  It seems as if each new razor they release just gets better and better.  I have tried many different brands of razors over the years, and have always been left with razor burn, bumps and stubbly spots even immediately after shaving.  Then I came across the Venus Embrace and will never look back. **I have zero complaints and would recommend it to anyone who asks for a razor recommendation!!!*

Venus Embrace is smooth but got rusty after the first use..

I loved the shaving with Venus Embrace, it was smooth and gave a good feeling.. .. Until I discovered the rust on the blade the NEXT DAY. I thought it is just one bad product, and bought another one from another drugstore, and got the same result. It got rusty right away. As I said, I loved the feeling, but I love my health more. So no more Venus Embrace for me....

This is amazing

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I got this razor complimentary from Influenster in the Venus Embrace Sensitive VoxBox, and OMG. It's a really great razor, does exactly what I need for my dry, sensitive skin and I'm so glad I got to give it a try.

What I first noticed when I started using the razor was that it felt like a close shave right away. I didn't need to go over the same spot, and I didn't need to moisturize before feeling the effects. The moisturizing strips are awesome.

I've also been using it for a few shaves now, and the blade is still very sharp! The sample came with an extra blade, so I'm ready to switch it when needed - but it doesn't even feel close at this point! I have another 3 or 4 shaves until I get to that point.

And this may seem like a small thing: but it looks good too. Women's razors can sometimes have strange colors, and the subtleness of this one makes it pleasant to have hanging in my shower.

This is definitely my new razor.

Close shave

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

Gillette's Venus Embrace razor has helped me get one of the closest shaves. I have shaved with a lot of different razors all promising different things but I have really enjoyed shaving with the Venus Embrace razor because unlike some of the other razors it actually does provide a really close shave. I was worried that by getting a "close shave" I would cut myself or be more prone to cutting myself but I have not found that to be true at all and I have not cut myself at all. I was so pleasantly surprised that this razor could provide a close shave without providing multiple cuts. I feel like this razor lasts a fair amount of time and I do not have to constantly go out and buy new replacements. My only problem with the razor is because it provides such a close shave I recommend other users of this razor moisturize well after they get out of the shower. Other than that I recommend this razor for any woman looking to get a close cut-free shave.

I like it.

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I like the Gillette Venus line of razors. The Embrace is the one I typically use. I started using the Venus razor because I was getting bad nicks from using traditional razors, especially on my shins and the back of my ankles. With the Venus razor, I very rarely nick myself since the razor is in between a strip with gel/soap inside.
I also like the fact that I don't have to buy shaving cream/gel; I can usually get by with just soap and water. I would recommend keeping the cover on the blade, as the soap can get gooey and won't perform as well. I'm also not a big fan of the plastic container that came with the razor for storage. It was pretty cheap and takes up more room than the razor itself, so I ended up throwing it out. Be prepared for paying more for refills, but they tend to last pretty long. All in all, this razor is worth the money. Once you buy the razor itself, you can buy the refills a little bit cheaper if you buy them in larger packs.

The only razor I use!!

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I started using the original 'Venus' razor when it first came out and I really liked using it. As new 'Venus' products emerged I tried them. However, the 'Venus Embrace' razor is the one that I fell in love with. I use this razor ALL over and it creates very little irritation even to the more sensitive areas. I love the close shave and the built in shaving cream. I have a few sensitive areas on my body but one area in particular is insanely irritable. I still get razor burn in that area at times but 'Venus Embrace' has definitely cut back tremendously on the amount the a develop. 'Venus Embrace' allows me to shave my legs and underarms daily and my more sensitive area twice a week with little to no bumps or discomfort. The multi blade system allows for a close shave and the moveable head allowed me to keep everything nice and tidy on through my pregnancy. The shave is so close that it always leaves my legs silky smooth.

Glides over my skin without nicks or irritation

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I'm so happy I switched from cheap, disposable razors to the Gillette Venus Embrace. I've been using Venus razors for several years now and they work great. I have really noticed a difference in how easily they glide over my skin. I hardly ever nick myself or get irritated skin anymore. The handle has rubberized grips all over, so no matter where you hold the razor, it won't slip from your hand when wet or covered in soap. There are 5 blades, which is one of the reasons why Venus razors work so well. The blades seem to last a long time. They can also handle some really long, grown out leg hair. (It happens!) I really feel like Gillette Venus Embrace is an excellent product and well worth the cost. My only negatives would be that the suction cupped holder that comes with the razor, which you are supposed to be able to stick to your shower wall to store the razor in, never sticks to my shower. It always falls down. And, if you do happen to shave your legs after a month or more, the hair gets stuck in between the blades and requires some extra rinsing and splashing around to dislodge it from the blades. But, that would happen with any razor!

Amazing Razor at even Greater Price

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I think this is an amazing razor, especially for the price point! I paid less for the Embrace kit than I would've paid for a pack of disposable razors of a very cheap brand. I found the item on sale, and had used Gillette in the past and had enjoyed the feel left after shaving. I like the extra blade you get (5 instead of 4), it may not seem like a difference to some people, but to me, I could definitely tell that extra was there. I like the Embrace just as much as other Gillette Venus razors I had tried in the past. Your legs are left very silky smooth when you are finished using this razor.
It is hard for me to see my left ankle and it feels like the extra blade really picks up what I may had missed with other razors (even other Gillette Venus razors). I also highly enjoyed the fact that the kit I received came with the base/shower holder and 3 extra cartridges, not just one, so for the price I got 4 blades, the razor and the shower base. That is a great deal in value for me, as I am sure it is for others as well.

A Razor That Pays Attention To Details

from Renton, WA

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

This is an amazing razor that, not only does an incredible job, but lasts much longer than any other razor I've tried. Blades stay sharp for months of daily use and skin is always silky smooth. The handle fits perfectly in my hand (never a dropped razor in the shower). These go on sale often so they are affordable. Absolute perfection!

This is the best razor I have found in forty years

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I have used lots and lots of different kinds of razors and then I found the Venus Embrace and haven't used any other since. Back in the day when I first started shaving, we all used the cartridge style razor. Somehow, I always managed to cut myself either shaving or getting the cartridge out of the holder. Then I progressed to disposables. They were okay, but not sensible and economical. Then came the Venus razor. Awwww. Finally. I use this razor forever before it becomes dull and I have never cut myself. I absolutely love this razor. I will never buy any other kind. I also am able to find coupons easily to make it an even better buy. They have many varieties but they all work excellent. I think it is more a preference of name and color. I just choose which kind I want by how I feel that day. Lol. I think all women are funny like that and emotional when it comes to picking things out. But, in my opinion, this is the best razor for cutting, price, and value for your money.

Gentle on my skin, yet very effective.

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

I love this razor!! I have been using it for years and feel it's totally worth the money. The cartridges are easily to replace on it, and last for quite awhile before needing replacing again. The shape of the handle makes it very easy to grip and use. The handle is sturdy and lasts a long time. The design of the cartridge makes it gentle on my skin and it glides over it well. It effectively shaves all areas, including legs, underarms, and the bikini area. It makes my skin smooth and free of hair. The small strip of conditioner helps it not be drying or irritating to my skin. I use this almost daily, often without any shaving lotion or soap, and have no irritation. I have tried other razors, but keep returning to this one because there is just nothing like it. I would recommend this razor to all women, for coarse or fine hair on all areas of the body. I would think that it would be great for even sensitive skin.

Amazing Razor

Comments about Gillette Venus Embrace:

This product is fantastic for it comes with shower holder. This razor can be used simply on the go or when you have a lot of time to spare. This item has many blades and it works better than any other razor. It leaves your legs feeling so smooth. I do not even use shaving cream just soap and water and this razor to shave. It still does the same trick. I love that the razor also has a gel outer grip. It makes it easier to hold onto in the shower. I also like this product because it comes with cartridges. This razor is so much easier to clean than any other razors. The blades are not so close together like the cheap disposable razors. Yes the price is a little bit more than any other razor but trust me it is worth every penny. This product does go on sale and if you use coupons you can save even more. Also this razor is great when you go on trips or travel it is small.This is my main razor I use. Overall I love this product.