4.1
Gillette Venus Original Razor

Gillette Venus Original Razor

4.1

So smooth for so long.

I am lucky, my dear Husband really does not care if my legs are smooth, stubbly or covered in hair. So I don't shave every day, though I probably need to. I have light brown skin and lighter brown hair, so I rationalize that 5 more min of sleep is far more valuable than having smooth legs, when the only other person to touch my legs does not care if they are smooth or not.

This razor makes my poor shaving habits bearable (and has increased the length of time I can get away with not shaving-yeah me!)

For about 3 full days after a shave my legs remain smooth. I rarely cut my self when shaving and the blades last a while, which is good because the refills are pretty expensive.

Bottom line is the Venus is the perfect razor for both the zealot and the lazy shaver.

Pretty good but there are better ones by Venus

I used to use this Venus razor many years ago and used to like it. It is better than any other brand razor out there on the market. It has three blades and shaves pretty good and close. Then I switched to the Venus Embrace which has five blades and it is so much better than this regular Venus Razor. That one lasted me a lot longer than the regular razor. The Embrace is a lot gentler on my skin and gives a closer shave. I think it is due to the fact that it has more blades. After using the Embrace razor for a while, I used the regular one and I really did not like it at all! It was to rough on my legs and did not give me a good shave...I think it is just because I was so used to the better razor then went to this regular one and noticed how less of a quality this one was compared to the Embrace. This is the cheapest razor out of all the ones that Venus makes. I would recommend spending a little more and getting the Embrace and your legs will thank you for it!

The best razor for a woman

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

The Venus original razor is the best one that I have found for my thick and coarse body hair. Whether it be legs, armpits, or a prickly patch that I need to remove, this is the one to use. I keep an extra in my pocketbook just in case. I use it every day. The replacement blades are a bit pricey, but they are easy to install and last quite a while. I have tried throw-away women's razors before and none can match the performance of this one. I love it.

I'll only use Venus shavers

from Cayce, SC

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

Gilette Venus Original Shaver is fantastic. Finally a disposibly razor meant for a woman. It has a great handle on it, that fits your hand perfectly. It's the right weight to apply a nice even pressure and get a really nice close shave. I've had mine for years. Another good thing about the Venus razor is that my husband, even in a pinch, will absolutely NOT borrow my razor. It comes with replacement cartridges, so you are good to go. The extra cartridges they sell can get a little pricey though. I always get a nice shave, and the handle/grip really make me feel in control of the razor - keeping me from getting those irritating little nicks! Once I tried the Venus product, I haven't needed any other razor!

gillette venus orginal shaver,good womens razor

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

Not bad for a womens razor. Much better than any other on the market, men are still way ahead of us in the razor market esp, with gillette.It cute,trendy, nice shave but it difinitely could shave a little closer.Handles well and razor and refills are expensive.The handle is smooth ,nice texture.Love the color.The razor doesn't last as long as i wish it did and i ended up with razor burn.This razor is not very good for your underarm area.It is from Gillette so that's a plus.They are leaders in the razor evolution.Very light weight and easy to travel with.My husband ran out of razor and had to use mine.He said it had a nice close shave on face and for shaving his head.Has a nice holder for the shower that keeps it from rusting and makes it last longer.It is alittle difficult to clean out.But can be done with high pressure water.Sleeky soft smooth legs.No drying out when use with gillette shaving cream.

Venus Original Shaver

from Lexington, MO

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

Pros for this razor: good for sensitive legs, good for dark hair, good for coarse hair, comfortable handle.

Cons for this razor: expensive, heads need to be replaced more than average.

I have used the Venus original for years and love it. I tend to have coarse, dark hair and I have never had a problem with this razor getting rid of it. The handle is very well designed and comfortable to hold. The three blades on the cartridge are spaced for minimal irritation which is very nice for my sensitive skin.

My main problem with this product is its cost, but I have yet to find a product that has the same quality for a lower price. I have also found that I have to replace these cartridges faster than with other Venus razors, specifically the Venus Embrace and the Venus Divine.

Overall, there are better razors on the market (specifically Venus Embrance and Venus Divine), but I would recommend this product because it is less expensive and produces similar results.

The things I buy and like.

from Newport News, VA

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

I purchased the Gillette Venus Original Shaver, 1 Razor 2 Cartridge package for my daughter recently. She had seen a commercial onTV and wanted to try it so because I am such a wonderful mother I off course went out and bought it. I liked the fact right away that the Gillette Venus Original Shaver came with 1 razor and 2 cartridges. I really hate searching for refills once you run out and then get to the store and can't remember the brand and then purchase what you think is right and get home and it turns out not to be the right one. Needless to say I totally love razors that come with refill cartridges it just saves me a bunch of headache and time since I'm always the one running around picking this kind of stuff up. Anyhow my daughter has sensitive skin and almost everything that touches her skin has to be special in some kind of way or she ends up in hives or blotchy. She actually loved the razor and has asked me already to buy refill cartridges.

Definitely better than throw aways!

from Glen Cove, NY

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

I have tried Gillete Venus Origal Shaver when it went on sale and I definitely loved it!  Usually I use throw away razors so this was a dream come true for me.  I loved how silky and smooth my legs felt after shaving!  I did not experience any nicks while using this product- thank goodness because I absolutely HATE getting nicked while shaving!  I remember asking my mom to purchase more of Gillete razors when they went on sale, but unfortunately she has continued to purchase throw away ones!

Compared to electric razors and other brands that I have seen in stores- the price of Gillete Venus Original Shaver is a bargain in my opinion.  I see that one of the tags listed below says that they are expensive but in my opinion not so much so!

I also liked the handle on the razor.  Because it is thicker all around it is much easier to use than regular throw aways.  It is also shaped differently than your typical throw away razor.  The shape of the blade at the end is rounded as opposed to rectangular on regualar razors.

I would definitely reccomend this product to people who want to upgrade their throw away razors!

Pretty good but there are better ones by Venus

from New Haven, IN

Good Venus shaver

from Seneca, MO

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

I really enjoy using this razor, the only problem I have with it is... the cartridges are very expensive when you need to buy refills so you would really want to make sure that you have a coupon stacked with a store sale before you buy new cartridges of razor heads to keep your razor sharp. One other bad thing about these razors is that the head can be too sharp at the begining of the use and they will easily cut your skin but other wise after the blades have dulled a little bit the triple-blade is absolutely wonderful in the way it cuts close to your skin and you can apply pressure to get close to the surface of the skin without cutting it. This insures that the hair will not be starting to visibly poke out by the end of the day. This razor can also be used if you don't have shaving jell or shaving cream because it has a moisturizing strip. This means that you could shave with just water but I would advise that you shave with soap or conditioner (conditioner almost seems to work better that cream or jell. I also like this razor a lot because it is easy to hold.

Have used the original venus razor for years

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

I purchased the original venus razor 4 or 5 years ago at the recommendation of a good friend. Prior I was just using cheap disposable stick razors. I have very sensitive skin and course dark hair. I really needed something that would give me a close shave and keep my skin from getting nicked or razor burned.

I have been happy with the Gillette Venus razor for the last 5 years. It moves well to get hard to shave places like knees and ankles and rarely irritated my skin on my legs or underarms. Unfortunately, I've found recently that when I buy a refill the new razor is either too sharp or just not made very well and despite not putting very much pressure at all on my skin it's now cutting me and giving me terrible razor burn.

I am in search for a new razor that will work just as well at giving me a close smooth shave, but without the irritation every time I put on a new razor head. Perhaps I'll have to try one of the new versions of the Venus.

Venus Original is good for their first one.

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Gillette Venus Original Razor:

I liked the original Venus razor when it first came out, before they expanded this series.  It was originally the best razor out there and wouldn't give me any razor burn (compared to what I had used previously).  This razor was fairly reasonably priced and easy to find in the stores.  This was way before I got into couponing and finding the best deals.  The original Venus razor could be used several times before I finally threw it away because it was dull.

After the Venus Divine came out I didn't think it was much different...at first.  The more I used it, the more I liked it and the more I didn't want to go back to the original Venus.  Proctor and Gamble kept improving the Venus razor and adding new razors to the Venus label.  Each one had a different spin.  Obviously, they've been very successful.  After trying the Venus Breeze, I don't think I'll ever go back to the original or the Divine.  I love the Venue Breeze!