Other Gourmet Foods:
Chocolate
Ghirardelli
Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate

Summary

For the ultimate milk chocolate experience, Ghirardelli LUXE MILK 100% All Natural Milk Chocolate provides gourmet chocolate with simple and natural ingredients. This chocolate collection comes in a number of flavors - the original Ghirardelli LUXE MILK Chocolate uses pure, milk chocolate that melts right in your mouth. Other flavors include Ghirardelli LUXE MILK Almond, Hazelnut, Toffee and Crisp. The collection is available in 3-ounce bars or as individually wrapped singles. With pure ingredients like natural vanilla and real cocoa butter, Ghirardelli creates a velvety all natural milk chocolate.

Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate

Pros

Cons

I ate more than just one and I don't even like chocolate

I admit I'm not a big chocolate fan.  For example, I would choose cookies and cream or chocolate chip ice cream over double fudge chocolate.  No so with my husband who hears someone say the word chocolate a block a way and he has to find some.  He was a lot more excited about my free sample of **Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate **than I was, but I thought it would be fun to try.

Not being able to make up my mind (and hating to force him to make a choice) I purchased the dark chocolate, the dark chocolate mint, white vanilla bean and chocolate caramel.  The dark chocolate was my least favorite, just a little too intense for me but only after I ate two small squares! I thought the white vanilla bean **Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate **would be my absolute favorite because I love white chocolate, but it was the dark chocolate mint that really made me want to eat the whole bag.  (Surprise!)

The dark chocolate was not too bitter, not too sweet, the mint filling was softly flavored and creamy rich.  You know how they say you can't eat just one - that was just a little too true of the **Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate. **The good news is I found a chocolate that I enjoy; the bad news is that now if they are in the house they have to be shared.

Who knows maybe chocolate is like beer, if you don't like it you just haven't found the right one yet!

It's not bad but not for me

The chocolate tasted okay, but it isn't exactly what I would grab if I were craving for chocolate. It's a little too rich for me. I love chocolate but I'm didn't really like this one much. I also wouldn't grab it from a store shelf once I see the cost compared to others.

A rich taste for a reasonable price!

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

I was skeptical of the quality of Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate when I saw it in a supermarket but since I was in the mood for chocolate, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was actually surprised at how delicious and rich the Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate was, especially for the price. The chocolate was creamy and softened when I bit in to it, as opposed to crunching in half. The portion sized pieces have the company's name carved in to them, making them feel more luxurious. It was impossible to just have one piece, and while the chocolate was rich, it didn't taste overly sweet. The chocolate melts a bit when you put it in your mouth, and is very easy to chew. I always thought there wasn't a big difference in the quality of chocolate, but after trying the Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate, I definitely could notice the difference. I would definitely recommend trying this chocolate, even if you aren't a huge fan of chocolate.

Can something be too creamy?

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

I am a Ghirardelli fan and, I am also a fan of chocolate. Well, dark chocolate anyway. I like milk chocolate - only somewhat. Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate was introduced to me via my older sister - who, unlike me, has a love for - of course, milk chocolate. Leave it to sister's be complete opposites! Anyway, she thought I might like it because I like the Ghirardelli brand in general. First off, the packaging - as always was like opening a prize - I have always appreciated the tasteful packaging. It really displays well and makes you feel like your living the life. The chocolate was very smooth and creamy. Although there was a slight thrill in the beginning, it dwindled down quite a bit. Mainly because it was too creamy. I am trying to find the words to describe what I mean. I guess I have to say it's kind of like the slightly coated taste that lingers after you've sucked on several Werther's original. Or the taste that lingers when you've eaten something vanilla bean flavored. I was also able to try the Luxe version with nuts they were really good. Overall, I would eat it again but I would not buy it for myself.

Delicious!

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

I love Ghirardelli chocolates! Their Luxe Milk Chocolates are no exception. the almond variety is wonderful. Rich, sweet milk chocolate covers scrumptious almonds! These squares are sweet and crunchy. They have an amazing flavor. My favorite way to eat these is to put them in the refrigerator for a few hours and get them nice and cold. So good!

Ghirardelli mmm good!

from New Jersey

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

Love at first bite describes this chocolate to say the least! This is so good! I recently purchased more as when I bake some cookies especially for the holidays I break the bar and stir it in the cookie dough. Great cookies to serve to your company for the holidays or best how about yourself as everyone needs from time to time to treat themselves to a special dessert! I have purchased their baking chips many times but this is really good! It melts in your mouth. I also like to purchase extra bars to attach on top of gifts instead of buying a card write something on the outside of this label as this definitely will be much more appreciated to chocolate lovers! I also like this bar as I can share it with someone special over a hot cup of coffee or a frozen drink. Next time you are looking for something different to really satify your sweet tooth try this product.

It's not bad but not for me

from Casselberry, FL

Ghirardelli is delicious!

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

This chocolate is amazing! I have never tried it because it was a bit more then I normally spend on chocolate but since I tried it I now see why it costs so much, because it is amazing! This is one of the only chocolates I am going to eat now. Mmm, yummy!

My new found love

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

I have to have a little chocolate every night for my fix. This is great just the right size and right amount of sweetness. I purchased the milk and caramel oh my those are hevan. I also purchased the assortment mill almond and crisp, love them just wish the had an assortment with all of them... Love love this chocolate

Hubby loves it

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

I had an opportunity to give Ghirardelli LUXE Milk 100% All Natural Chocolates a try. My husband is a chocolate lover in the family. He loved the fact that he got to try some new chocolate. I was only able to find 2 of the 4 products at my local grocery store. I picked up Almond and Milk chocolate. I had my husband give each of the flavors to try. He enjoyed them very much. He liked that they were creamy and the chocolate had a good flavor. I told him that they were made from all natural ingredients which he liked. We have become an ingredient aware family and always looking for better ingredients. I also like the fact that they are made in the USA. Go USA.

I asked him if he would buy this product again and he said, "yes.". My son also enjoyed the chocolate. I think that he got his chocolate tooth from his father. All and all I would buy this product again. Happy that it is made in the USA and made with all natural ingredients. Thanks Viewpoints for giving us an opportunity to try this yummy product.

Rich and creamy indeed!!!!!!

from Niles, OH

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

I decided to try the Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate premium assortment. This included: solid milk chocolate, milk chocolate with natural, toasted almonds and milk chocolate with lightly toasted crisped rice. Although I am not a huge fan of almonds, I honestly enjoyed all 3. The solid milk chocolate was my favorite though! The perfect size/amount to soothe your cravings! Not too sweet and oh so smooth! My original intent was to try the Luxe Milk with toffee but unfortunately it was not available. It looks like I will have to patiently hang onto 2 of the 4 coupons that I received!

Good if you like Milk Chocolate.

from Manassas, VA

Comments about Ghirardelli Luxe Milk Chocolate:

As far as milk chocolate goes, this is pretty decent.  It beats Hershey's by a good bit.  But it's also a good bit pricier for milk chocolate.  I like dark (85% cacao) chocolate best, but my husband thoroughly approved of Luxe Milk Chocolate and said he'd buy it again.

We tried the plain and hazelnut bars.  The chocolate tasted the same in both cases.  The hazelnut had a good flavor to it.

Overall, I wouldn't complain about this chocolate line, but it's not for a serious chocolate lover.