Other Gourmet Foods:
Chocolate
Ghirardelli
Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate

Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate

The perfect little pick me up

I've always been a fan of dark chocolate but have a hard time finding a chocolate that is rich and dark but still creamy and sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. That is until I discovered the Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate. These Ghiradelli Squares hit the the right spot for me. They're rich but still smooth and creamy and melt on my tongue.

I also especially like the fact that each piece is individually wrapped. This makes it easy to pop one in my bag and take it with me to enjoy at a later time. It also makes it easier to keep myself from eating one piece after another as I can limit to just one (or lets be real, sometimes two!) pieces without having an open bar of chocolate taunting me, calling me to come eat the entire thing in one sitting.

While the price of this chocolate is considerably higher than some of the more common brands, I find that because of the better quality of chocolate, I am more satisfied with a single square than a whole bar of a lesser brand of chocolate. So a whole bag lasts me much longer, making it worth the price I pay for it.

Ghirardelli Squares

Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate is very good; however, I do not think it tastes as good as their milk chocolate. I bought the Ghirardelli Squares that are 60% dark chocolate instead of their milk chocolate because supposedly it is a little bit healthier than the milk chocolate. The bag of chocolate is quite small (I don't know if that is a good or bad thing considering how fattening it is). Ghirardelli is more expensive than many brands of chocolate, but you can tell that Ghirardelli uses good quality ingredients. I am very pleased with this product. The only reason that don't give this product more stars is because Hershey's Chocolate is just as good and it is less expensive. However, I do think the price is fair because it is obvious that Ghirardelli uses good quality products. It is my opinion that this is a good company with a good product. It is fairly easy to find Ghirardelli is local stores.

This is a good dark chocolate!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

I have a hard time finding dark chocolate that I like. I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate, but I wanted to switch from milk chocolate for the health benefits. Some dark chocolates out there are just too bland for me. These were pretty good. The Ghirardelli squares have a good taste to them for dark chocolate. I would buy these again. I really like the individually wrapped squares. I find that I don't eat as much chocolate when I am eating dark, so it's nice to be able to have a square or two at a time. These bags of Ghirardelli chocolate also make great gifts. They have a nice look to them and you feel like you are getting more in the bag then you would in a bar form. They are also nice to have sitting out when guests come over or just to pop one in a lunch bag. If I know that I will be around sugar it's nice to just put a couple of these in your purse to snack on instead. I liked these and I would buy them in the future.

Excellent choice

from Owensboro, KY

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

This chocolate is very fine and doesn't have a bitter, dark chocolate taste that some 60% or greater chocolates do. It is reasonably priced and I've used it for melting and drizzling over cream puffs and other desserts. Its not too sweet - just adds a great chocolate flavor that doesn't overwhelm. Its very fine for just eating out of hand of course. Its especially nice with a cup of coffee or tea as an after dinner dessert. Its affordable and scored for easy sharing if you choose to do so. It is a good grating chocolate too for garnish. I freeze and then quickly shave it for garnish. Ghiradelli is a quality product and is readily available at most groceries and especially your local drugstores. Giradelli frequently is available on sale and is a good chocolate to stock up on since it has a tendency to keep well when kept in a cool, dry location. If you're a dark chocolate lover, I think you'll be pleased with this one.

Mood pills

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

Ghiradelli Squares 60% dark chocolate are amazing. They fall on the more expensive end of the price bar but are beyomd worth the actual cost. I a not a chocolate enthusiast. I am a dark chocolate enthusiast. The darker, the better. Mainly because I know the health benefits of dark chocolate in moderation. But, with Ghiradelli, it is a combination of everything. The aroma that it gives when you peel open a square, the taste of slightly bitter / sweet smoothness, the calming and relaxing sensation you get when you break a little piece off and let it melt under your tongue, that's all part of the amazing experience. I love the fact that they rap them in their own little mini individual pouches, not only does it help me stick to proper portions but it also keeps them fresher longer and, around the holidays, these are great for adding to a homemade gift baskets - the ones with different flavored coffees and cocoas and teas. They are simply amazing and I will continue to be a loyal customer, although, they should post more coupons.

Delicious and healthy snack!

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

Dark chocolate in small doses is actually good for you! I eat these a lot with my lunch and they make the perfect snack. They are thin and little so they can be easily carried around. They also taste really good and sweet, but not too sweet! I also like this brand more than any other chocolates brand because I feel their chocolate is of the highest quality.

These melt in your mouth when you put them in. They are also super thin and have a crunch when you bite into them, which is awesome.

I think everyone should buy these, or just this brand in general. The products are simply delicious and high quality. Dark chocolate is kind of good for you compared to other snacks, specifically other chocolates. I think this brand is the best choice if you are contemplating on whether or not you want to add some healthy, delicious chocolate into your day.

Give these a try, you won't regret it!

Great little snack.

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

Ghirardelli is one of my favorite chocolate brands out there! The best part about Ghirardelli is that they sell the chocolates in little individual wrappers so that you can enjoy a little bite. Out of all chocolates, dark chocolate is my favorite! The 60% Cacao dark chocolate from Ghirardelli is the perfect combination of bitter but still sweet. It's by far the best dark chocolate! It tastes great melted and mixed with berries and nuts to make a dark chocolate bark!

This are as healthy as they are good

from TN

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

Ghirardelli Cacao Dark Chocolate squares are one of my all time favorite treats. These treats are as healthy for you as they are tasty. They are chocked full of heart healthy, anti-aging anti-oxidants and because they are 60% Cacao they have less sugar and calories than other brands of dark chocolate I have had in the past.

Decadent and rich

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

Ghirardelli makes fabulous, delicious chocolate. I treat myself (on a tight budget here!) to their 60 percent Cacao Dark Chocolate squares on special occasions. They are so delicious. I am not sure if I can actually explain how good these chocolates are! Obviously, Ghirardelli makes their chocolates with the finest quality ingredients. When you open up one of these squares they smell so sweet and yummy! They are very rich and sweet. I let them melt in my mouth slowly. So good!

I'll take a square now

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

Can you really go wrong with dark chocolate? Ghiradelli really does chocolate write. Of their products, their squares are not my favorite, but there is no denying the quality in the taste. The quality definitely matches the higher price. I do love that they are individually wrapped so that they make a small, perfect treat/snack. They make awesome gifts as well.

Ghirardelli Dark chocolate

from New Jersey

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

First, I really like the Ghiradelli brand as I feel they use very good ingredients when putting their candy together. I happen to like dar chocolate as health wise it does benefit you to eat a small of of dark chocolate each week. This brad definitely puts out a good quality dark chocolate as I have tried nearly all their types of dark chocolate they have and the 60% is good for those who like dark chocolate but really is not their first choice as it does have a great deep flavor but yet not as intense as their 86% they also carry. I like the chocolate to melt slowly when eating it as you can then catch the whole flavor. This bag is great as a gift for that special someone including yourself. I also like during the holidays to purchase a bag and take each piece of candy out as they are all individually wrapped looking almost identical to the outside wrappings and either put them in a candy bowl or better yet buy a small tree from a craft shop annd attach them to each branch as an ornament. this really makes a great centerpiece for a coffee table or anywhere you need a hint of the holidays.

My energy bar

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate:

After a long day taking care of my baby, I eat a Ghirardelli Squares - 60% Cacao Dark Chocolate and I regain my energy. These chocolate pieces are so good with coffee. I love eating them because they are so good. The nice part about these chocolates is that they are wrapped into small squares. That way you can take them on the go.