Other Coffee Makers:

Gevalia Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

I have this coffee maker... Yes it's old but I love it

from Pa

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

I use this everyday for breakfast and after dinner.... It has a R/D on the handle can you tell me what that stand for it.....

This was the best coffee maker I had for years

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

Those particular Gevalia coffee maker was the best one of their commee makers I've had yet. I've had three or four of them but my father-in-law ordered me this one along with a couple of pounds of coffee quite a while back. I used it daily faithfully in the mornings and in the afternoon . Until I went to clean it one day and didn't realize it was still jot and it busted the inside of the carafe but I'm going to order a replacement one because I drink my coffee a pot at a time and l loved my Gevalia coffee maker. I would not trade it for any other one on the market these days.

Good Product for the Money

from Red Hill, PA

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker has done its job. It is very easy to use. We love that you can program the machine in advance and then we wake up to freshly made coffee. It is simple, yet does the job. Cleaning has been a breeze too. I just put most of the parts in the dishwasher and it is good to go. I also like that I can make as many or as little cups as I need. The large capacity makes it very doable to make the necessary amounts. My dad is a big coffee drinker and has no complaints. He actually really likes this coffee machine. Yes ,there are other models out there with the k cup features, but this gets the job done at a minimal cost. Ours is about two years old and is still going strong. There really is no big downfall to the product either. If you are looking for a basic model this is definitely a great option. We look for products that do not cost too much but still performs well and this product has met our criteria.

Not Ideal

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

I received this as part of an introductory package from Gevalia and it was a problem from the moment I received it.

The first one I received directly from Gevalia and the glass was already broken in the carafe when it arrived and I could hear it rattling around. After calling them back they sent me a replacement, which was not the white that I wanted but I suffered with the black rather than having to send a second coffee maker back to them.

I received this just in time to use it for Thanksgiving dinner that year. I figured it would be great to brew the coffee and be able to leave the carafe on the table and it would stay warm and prevent me from having to make multiple trips to the kitchen to do coffee top offs.

The idea is great, but what is unfortunate is that there is only one carafe and if you have guests who drink decaf as well as regular (or flavored as well as regular, etc.) there is no way to brew a second option until the carafe is empty of the first batch. There was no option to get a second carafe or anything like that. So this did not work out well for my guests.

The insulated carafe did a great job of keeping the coffee warm but it was rather difficult to clean and you had to be very delicate with it for fear of cracking the glass interior.

Overall, I wanted to like this but the reality just did not live up to the expectations.

Love it!

from Underwood, MN

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

We received this coffee maker as a wedding gift. It has been wonderful! We have had it for many years now, and it continues to brew great coffee. We have not had any problems with it, works great. I definitely recommend this coffee maker!

A great coffee maker

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

I got this coffee maker early this year from gevalia. I really liked it. I do not know how this compares to expensive coffee makers on the market since gevalia is the first one I used besides cheap walmart ones.

I ordred this one straight from the gevalia site and got some coffee along with it. I loved the coffee maker and the coffee that came with it. The only reason I no longer have this is because I broke the coffee pot!

I immediatly went on gevalia and ordered a new coffee maker, although I got the single cup coffee maker this time since I am the only coffee drinker in my family and it takes up less space on out limited amount of counter space in the kitchen.

I do think gevalia makes great coffee machines and great coffee. All the different flavors are great and the machines work better than the cheap ones I have used. I just wish they were available in stores and repacment pots were easier to come by so I did not have to go online and get them. Maybe there is a store that sells these items and I just dont know about it. I have seen their coffee and tea in stores though.

I think these would also make great gifts for any coffee lovers out there.

All in all I think this is a great coffee maker and I would get it again if the price was right. I also like that there is a washable basket for the coffee maker so I dont have to spend money on coffee filters

Nice Simple Coffee Maker

from Holcomb, KS

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee maker as part of set that came with some Gevalia Coffee. I didn't really expect much out of this, but I have found myself pleasantly surprised. I like simple basic design and it has a brew setting so I can set it up to start in the morning. It also has an automatic shutoff, which I know that I sometimes forget to turn off the pot and it really helps me out.

• Brew Performance:

Definitely worth what we paid for it

from Rockwall, TX

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

We received this with a Gevalia coffee offer. It has worked perfectly so far.

Brew Performance
    It works well, brews coffee just like any other traditional maker

It is definitely easy to clean!

It is just as easy to use this coffe maker as it is to use any other traditional coffee maker

The classic design is definitely one that I prefer

So far, we have not had any problems

• Brew Performance:

Cool portability feature, but malfunctions

from Princeton, MN

Comments about Gevalia Coffee Maker:

This is a pretty simple, cheap coffee maker. We recieved this as a gift from a clothing company after placing an order with them (Why a coffee maker? I don't know). Anyways, for a while it worked great. Then a year or so later, it stopped working correctly. It shuts down halfway through the brewing process! It still is useable, but you have to babysit the machine to restart it when it quits.

On a positive note, I do like a couple of its design features. The coffee pot is a thermos. The coffee brews straight into this pot, and can open and close. This makes it great for portability. It's wonderful to take along in the car and to the office or wherever you want to go. The machine and pot are a little smaller than average. We don't drink a lot of coffee at one time, and we fight for counter space, so that works well.