Other Coffee Makers:

Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

Can't beat free!

For the price (free), this is an excellent coffee maker. Would I purchase it in a store? Probably not.

Brew Performance
I don't know if it's the coffee -...Read complete review

Brew Performance
I don't know if it's the coffee - that i'm putting too much in or something, or if it's the coffee pot itself but it seems like the water will come out too quickly into the basket and we have an overflow of grounds into the pot about once every 10-15 pot-fulls. It's more annoying than anything since we'll drink "chunky coffee" if we have to ... but I don't like it. The other times, it brews fine. I do like my coffee strong but we don't put in as many grounds as we'd like mainly because of the risk of overflowing.

Easy to clean - no complaints here! I do run a vinegar/water pot through once in awhile (like, once every 6 months, if I think about it)

Easy to use

Easy to overfill but there is a drainhole in the back that will prevent from putting too much water in. I'd had another free coffee pot from Gevalia (same style) that the little red floater-ball either got stuck or disappeared completely so we had to really be careful about filling the reservoir. That one was replaced by another free coffeemaker and we haven't had that issue with this one.

Another issue is that the filter will collapse if we don't watch it ... essentially giving us a pot full of weak tea instead of strong coffee. Have to make sure that the filter is fully in place and at no risk of collapsing during the brew-cycle. For this reason alone, we no longer set it up the night before for an early morning pot ready when we wake up. That makes me sad ... I'm not awake enough in the mornings to get the coffee pot set up as I'd like and it'd be nice to be able to rely on the coffee maker to make that coffee for us.

For the price, this is a long-lasting coffee pot!

Standard Coffee Maker

The Gevalia coffee maker features the following: programmable clock and timer, 2 hour auto shut-off, a pause-and-serve function, and a water level indicator. I wouldn't say there is anything special about this coffee maker. It's just a basic drip coffee maker without the bells and whistles. I've had some problems with mine and I've now "retired" it. It's really slow to make coffee but it did last about 3 years of daily use. The coffee maker has a fill line indicator (red little ball that floats on the side) that never worked for me. I always measured the water separately. The coffee maker started leaking coffee roughly 5 - 10 minutes after turning it off, I'm pretty sure that the pause and serve function went bad. It doesn't have a backup battery so the clock resets every time it's unplugged. Another thing is the finish of this coffee maker shows every single finger print and smudge, it's a pain to keep clean.

Great coffee maker

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I got my Gevalia 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker probably about eight years ago and I can honestly say that it still looks brand new. Therefore the durability of this product is just amazing. It is still just as clean and shiny as always. One good thing about this coffee maker is how fast it makes a 12 cup pot of coffee. It only takes a couple of minutes and then it is done. Also I like the fact that you can program it to make coffee at a certain time. This product is very easy to clean and you can put the pot in the microwave. Even though this is a kind of fancy/expensive coffee pot it is very easy to use and easy to program. I love to match it Gevalia coffee. The coffee that I make in this pot is very good and always taste fresh and new. This is the best coffee maker I have ever owned. In my opinion this product is very nicely designed so it actually makes the counter in my kitchen look a lot better.

Sturdy

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This Gevalia coffee maker is a very sturdy appliance from a reputable company. I love the commercials and that is what made me decide to try this brand. It has a ton of useful features including my favorite; that you can program it. You can just set when you want the coffee to brew and walk away with confidence that your coffee will be ready at a certian time! This one is super easy to clean which is a must. You also have the great little bubble on the side that tells you how many cups of coffee you are going to make when you pour the water in. It also has the feature to automatically sense when you are pulling the pot out and stops brewing until it is returned. This has saved me tons of time turning the maker on and off just to get a cup of coffee mid-brew. I also love that it has a pot warmer which makes the coffee last longer. I would recommend this coffee maker to everyone.

Nice, Sturdy Carafe

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This was among several models of Gevalia coffee makers that I have received from their special promotions. It's actually one of my favorites as well.

Unlike some of their models it is just as easy to brew two cups in this as the entire 12 cups. Since I love a big mug of coffee - about 16 ounces - an an entire carafe full is only about six servings for me.

I use this all the time year round but I've found that it is at its best in the summer time for making iced coffee. I can brew an entire carafe full of coffee after dinner and then let the carafe cool off a bit, and put it in the fridge before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning I have an entire carafe full of lovely, fresh, cold coffee to make iced coffee with and I don't have to worry about melting ice cubes diluting my coffee.

This works great with all brands of coffee, of course, by I tend it use it mainly with my Gevalia grounds. It's a great fit. And they make great coffee!

The carafe is very sturdy and in all the years I've used it, putting it in and out of the fridge, washing it, etc. it has never cracked or stained.

I've only used the programable feature on this a handful of times but it works perfectly every time.

Overall I've been very pleased with this model and definitely recommend it.

The best coffee maker!

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is the best coffee makers that I have owned and I would not change it.

Brew Performance
As brewing is as important as the coffee itself this maker is high in performance and brews a perfect cup every time. It has never let me down and performs as well now as the day I purchased it. I much prefer it over the pod machine.

It is one of the easier coffee makers to clean which is a great feature and never gets a build up that makes the coffee taste bad.

It is a simple to set it and forget it for the morning which is another great feature. I love to wake up to the aroma of coffee each morning and this maker allows me that enjoyment.

It is a nice addition to my counter appliances.

I have had this coffee maker for quite some time and it has never let me down. Still a great cup of Java every time.

Great Quality!

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Have owned my Gevalia Coffee Maker for almost 10 years and it is still going strong. So easy to use and easy to program. Makes a delicious cup of coffee or pot of hot tea. Easy to clean. Love the little tube on the side that shows how many cups of coffee you will be making, as you add the water. Beautiful design. Doesn't make a mess when you pull the pot out mid-brewing, to get a cup. Easy to load and to dump the grounds. Uses a very common coffee filter, so no searching for those obscure filters that make using your coffee maker more of a chore.

Brew Performance
Delicious cup of coffee and doesn't take a long time.

Wipes down nicely. Grounds cup removes for cleaning. Pot cleans easily.

Very easy to use. Very easy to program. Straightforward coffee maker.

Beautiful design that will fit almost any kitchen. The stainless steel accents on it are gorgeous.

Mine is almost 10 years old and still going strong. Never had any issues with it. Have used it is 3 different homes and it has never even hiccuped.

Standard Coffee Maker

Gevalia 12 cup programmable coffee pot

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Not bad for a free coffee maker. I got this back when Gevalia offered it as promotion for buying a bunch of their coffee. It held up surprisingly well and makes a good cup of coffee. Very easy to program and easy to clean. Takes #4 cone filters and they stay put so no coffee grounds in your pot. Brews pretty fast and automatically turned off after two hours.

Brew Performance
Brews a good pot. Pretty quick to fill up the whole 12 cups and just minutes if you make half a pot.

Very easy to clean, the top part pops off so you can really get in there and clean it up to prevent mildew.

The programmable feature is a breeze to use, I did not even need the directions to figure it out. Water pours in the top next to the coffee filter part and is easy to get in and not spill.

Nice design, it looked nice on the counter.

Lasted us about two years with daily (sometimes two times a day) use. I have no clue what broke but I could no longer hit the brew button. The actual maker was in perfect condition so that part is very durable.

Long Lasting and Easy to Clean

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My husband and I moved about a year and a half ago into a new home. We decided to get all new appliances for the new home. Gevalia was having a sale on this particular coffee maker, and I believe, free coffee with it. The coffee maker is still going strong, we have not had to replace it like we have with other brands. Coffee is made every day, and sometimes more than once a day. The coffee maker is really easy to clean, and I love the programmable aspect. Easy to program as well. However, the only reason this is only getting a 9 rather than a 10 is because the buttons to program starting sticking after about 6 months or so. They still work, but sometimes have to be pushed several times to respond. It can get a bit frustrating when you are trying to reset the timer after an accidental unplugging or power outage! Other than that, LOVE this coffee maker! Definitely recommend for those that use their coffee makers constantly.

Awesome Coffee Maker has lastest for ages compared to others

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Best tasting clean and clear coffee taste, and is also good for brewing teas. It is so easy to use and clean, I am so happy we got it!!

Works great for any coffee or even tea brewing. We use it every day whether we are brewing coffee or tea. It is so easy to use and clean and change to a different coffee flavor or tea. We also set the time to auto and it starts in the morning so it's ready after we get out of the shower and get breakfast ready.

Brew Performance
It brews great! The coffee and tea we brew with it tastes superb!

This is very easy to maintain and keep clean. It always looks so brand new after washing it.

Love this design it fits in well with my other kitchen appliances. The stainless steel and black look goes great with the stove, dishwasher, and microwave conventional oven.

This has been the longest lasting coffee maker we have ever had, it's lasted us so long. Unlike the others which only lasts us like a year. This one is a keeper!!

• Brew Performance:

Makes great coffee every morning.

Comments about Gevalia 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Quick performance. Delicious result. The only thing I don't like is that you can't take the pot out while the coffee is brewing. You have to wait until all the water has dripped down.

Brew Performance
Easy to load, Fast brewing.

Simple to clean like all drip coffee makers with vinegar drip.

Beautiful. Looks great on the counter, especially if you have stainless steel appliances.

Not sure about durability. I have only had it for a few months.