Other Baby Foods:

Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Gerber Sweet Potatoes - My baby's favorite first food!

Dr's say that this is basically the best food you can serve your baby for a first fruit/veggie.  I made the mistake of serving applesauce first, but my son took to Gerber Sweet Potatoes like candy anyway.  I don't know how many of these little jars I served him.Portable, healthy, good quality, what more could you ask for?Don't forget to shop for baby food in places you wouldn't normally think of, like Target.  Frequently you can get a good deal on baby food from places like that, particularly if they are having a sale.

Poor Quality for little ones

As a parent I had always heard of Gerber in terms of being the brand for babies and children. I began using their baby foods and would receive several coupons and mailers for their products. It was not until I stopped one day and read the baby food label that I decided to stop using this product all together. Baby food that claims to be "sweet potatoes" or "green beans" should be just that. But I was disheartened to learn that several other preservatives and chemicals are listed under the ingredients on these foods. I question why these are necessary to pump into baby foods and have decided to search for other products that are safer for children and have found many to choose from.
As far as the price of Gerber Baby food products, you cannot beat them. They are by far the most inexpensive on the market. They are easy and convenient to use when travelling and clean up is very easy as well.

Remember excellent for a child, especially gentle on the ski

from Excellent device to be used in the kitch

About Me First Time Parent

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Easy To Prepare

Cons

• Bad Taste

• Infants

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

Remember excellent for a child, especially gentle on the skin and excellent lobby's ability to scan high skin
Worth Rating

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Sweet potatoes were a favorite with our babies!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

Gerber baby food has been around so long and I have used their food with both of my kids when they were babies. One of their favorite baby food flavors when it came to vegetables was the sweet potato one. I liked giving it to them and felt like it was a healthy choice. Gerber baby food can be a little pricier than other baby foods out there, but at the same time you know it's a brand that you can trust. I would like to see the Gerber baby foods come out with an organic line. That is the reason that I wouldn't use this more if I had another baby. Since I have had my kids I have learned a lot about the pesticides and chemicals that are sprayed on the fruits and vegetables while they are growing. It makes me feel a lot better to use an organic baby food and one without GMO's. I will say that if you are not worried about that then your baby will probably love this baby food. My kids did and ate it up. I remember them wanting more of this after they were finished.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in this baby food are pretty good.

Safety
This baby food goes down smoothly. The only way that it wouldn't be safe is if you gave them the jar.

My daughter loves it!

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

As I could not get my daughter to eat any vegetables when I first started feeding her solid foods, I decided to give her sweet potatoes since they are sweet and she loved them! I foolishly made the mistake of giving my daughter fruits first even after the doctor told me to start off with vegetables so that she would get used to the taste. Well, let's just say when I did give her veggies it didn't go as I would've liked. I will say that although they are sweet, I am happy knowing that atleast it's a vegetable so my daughter is still getting some of the nutrients her body needs in order for her to grow strong and healthy. Sweet potatoes are one of the FEW veggies I could get her to eat but that is okay. I also like that it is very inexpensive, especially for a Gerber product, which is a good thing because I don't have to worry about breaking the bank on baby food. I am hoping to get her to like the other veggies just as much as she likes sweet potatoes!

• Safety:

great vegetable to start a baby off with

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

I started my son off on fruits as being his first baby food type so he didn't really care for any vegetable ones that I tried feeding him. I seen this sweet potatoes one and I thought to myself this might work because its a little sweet. My son loved it, this was one of his favorites he enjoyed. It had a thin texture to it so it was easy for him to swallow and digest. It had a lot of vitamins in it and it was very healthy for him to eat. I like how it doesn't taste too sugary it just had pure quality ingredients in it. When he first tried this flavor I remember his poop being a orange color but that's normal because his body had to get used to the different colored baby foods. I would definitely recommend this to your baby if you want to introduce vegetable flavored baby food. I like the reusable container it comes with too that you can reuse to put snacks in it for your child.

Gerber Sweet Potatoes

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

When my son was younger I was very excited to start feeding him solid foods! We started out with a lot of Gerber baby foods like Gerber Nature Select first foods sweet potatoes!
My son absolutely loved eating Gerber sweet potatoes! He loved how sweet they tasted and this was definitely a favorite!
I love this baby food because Gerber is a brand I can trust to feed to such a young baby. It has only the best ingredients inspired by nature and has a lot of nutrition and vitamins to help babies grow and develop!
I also really like Gerber sweet potatoes are listed as a first food so I knew they were appropriate to feed to my son when he was first starting solids. The consistency and texture was great for this transition.
Overall I would highly recommend all of the Gerber nature select baby foods to help all you mothers and fathers with such a big transition into eating!

• Safety:

Excellent first puree for babies

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes are an excellent choice for babies that are just starting on solid foods. The only ingredients in this baby food are sweet potatoes and water so I feel very comfortable with this food as a choice for my son. My baby is very enthusiastic about the introduction of solid foods into his diet. I try to incorporate a variety of fruit and vegetable purees into his diet and the Gerber sweet potatoes are one of his favorite vegetables. He loves the flavor and texture and this food easily mixes with rice cereal and other single grain cereals. I feel comfortable feeding this food to my baby because of my almost 100% positive experience with Gerber products and the fact that the Gerber company is a well established name. Overall, I am very impressed with the quality of these sweet potatoes and the price. This product is easy on my budget and my baby loves it!

• Safety:

Gerber nature Select 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

The Gerber Nature Select 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes were not my daughters first choice of baby food when she was a baby, but occasionally she would eat the Gerber Sweet Potatoes. She liked them better when I fed them to her warm. Just like the other great Gerber Nature Select 1st Foods the packaging of the sweet potatoes was the best. It made packing a few of these containers in my daughters diaper bag and then whipping one out when it is time to feed her. I liked giving her the sweet potatoes because they were a really healthy choice for her. They were light on her sensitive stomach and they were easily digested. These sweet potatoes were something that I would probably feed my baby on a day to day basis. Although they were not my babies first choice they were still a choice that she tolerated quite well. The sweet potatoes packed a natural sweetener and were a overall decent baby food for my baby.

My daughter hated these!

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

I'm sure for most babies, this product is just fine, but for some reason my daughter would eat any other vegetable or fruit except these sweet potatoes. I always like to try at least a taste of whatever I feed my babies so I know it's not completely horrible and just like any other baby food, the sweet potatoes were very bland and certainly not delicious, but tasted just like plain, unaltered sweet potatoes. The one time I did manage to get a few spoonfuls in her mouth, she threw up the entire contents of her stomach and stained everything orange. I waited a few weeks to try again thinking she might have a sensitivity to them but she would never touch them again. I do like the newer plastic containers that Gerber puts their food in, the plastic stacks so much better and I don't have to worry about the glass jars breaking in the bottom of my diaper bag, or dropping them.

Pretty good.

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

This is a great consistency and a healthy choice. It's light on the stomach so your little one won't fall ill from a sour tummy. The only thing I didn't like is the color. It stains clothing if there's spit up. I have also noticed that if there is a spike in eating orange foods, the childs nose will begin to turn that color. Overall it's a pretty good product.

Good And Safe Start For Learning Baby

Comments about Gerber NatureSelect 1st Foods Sweet Potatoes:

When my son was almost 6 months, my pediatrician suggested that I start giving him solid food. Most of my friends used Gerber products for their babies' first food, so I decided to give the Gerber NatureSelect for my son. I wanted to introduce my son to fruit and vegetables first, so one of the Gerber products I gave him was the sweet potato flavor. The sweet potato itself has many good vitamins and minerals for kids' growth, and I trusted Gerber to have all natural ingredients for the baby foods products. So it was safe for my baby's sensitive digestive system which was still developing. The taste was also great, my son really liked it. There was no sugar added, so it was great to introduce him to new taste. The packages were also safe and convenient enough for me to bring them when we were on a trip, because they didn't leak and were microwave safe. So I could easily feed my son when we were not home. They could also be refrigerated for up to 24 hours after opening, so when my son couldn't finish all one jar, I didn't have to worry about throwing away food. I could feed him the left over for the next meal time, and the quality was still very good.