Other Baby Foods:
Gerber
Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs

Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs

• Safety:

We all love them...the kids, parents, and even the dog!

We tried these on a whim once during a road trip from Georgia to Florida with my 4 and 2 year olds.  I needed a quick, easy, healthy, new snack that would satisfy them and keep them busy.  These little puffs are just fun to eat.  They are crunchy, light, and a good snack.  We have made them a regular part of our snack list now even two years later.  We'll all snack on them, even the dog has fun running around snatching up the little crunchies.  What else is cool is the container size.  It fits in the cars cup holder or easily into a diaper bag.  We started with the fruit, but have discovered that the veggie ones are equally as tasty.  I like that they aren't too sweet.  Warning though, they can be addictive (like popcorn)...you can't just have one.

Not a good product for my baby.

My 1 year old daughter loved the puffs. However, after several painful trials, we determined they seem to cause her to have diarrhea, and diaper rashes.  The BM's even when changed immediately, would leave her skin bright red and very tender.  Since she loved eating them, we tried several different flavors thinking it must be something specific to the product. However, it seems all of the flavors cause the same problem.

We switched to a generic brand and she handles them just fine ... and we save money.

My son loves it so much

from New York

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Keeps Well
  • Tasty

• Snacks

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

My son loves the banana and strawberry taste most. Now he can grab them by himself.

good product

from Edinburg, Tx

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Tasty

• Infants
      • Snacks
      • Toddlers

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

All my kids loved eating these when they were babies. Easy & tasteful snacks for on-the-go

Great snack for building eye-hand coordination

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

All of my little ones have enjoyed eating Gerber Graduates Puffs as one of their first snacks once they are able to start self-feeding. I love seeing them develop the pincer grasp as they practice picking up the puffs, and they seem to love the sense of accomplishment they gain from feeding themselves. I feel good about giving them fruit and vegetable snacks, and they really seem to like the taste. In fact, my older kids still ask for them when they see the baby eating them now!

I feel these are safer to feed to a baby sooner than many other snacks because they appear to be designed to dissolve quickly. However, they can still "gum up" in the baby's mouth and cause the baby to choke or gag, so you definitely want to exercise caution when using them. I usually gave my babies one puff at a time until they got used to them, and after that I still only allowed them access to a few puffs at a time.

• Safety:

My kids were fans of these when they were little.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

I really liked using the variety of Gerber fruit and veggies puffs when my kids were little. They were bought many times and the price was pretty good. You get a good amount in the container. My kids loved these when they were babies. They liked the flavor and texture. I liked that they could pick them up with their little fingers. The puffs would soften as soon as they went into their mouths. It almost melted. So, it prevents problems with choking and gagging. These are great for traveling. They are easy to bring to restaurants, houses, in the car or anywhere that you go. The biggest problem that I have with these are the ingredients. Although they are healthier then some of the other snacks out there they still have ingredients that are hard to understand. I wish that the chemicals would be taken out and that this would become an organic product. For that reason I would probably go with organic puffs.

Quality of Ingredients
      Some of the ingredients were good and others weren't.

Safety
      I found that these were very safe for little ones. They are pretty small. They soften and melt when they are put into babies mouths. I never had a problem with choking.

• Safety:

Not "Just the same as Cereal"

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

My son loves Gerber Puffs. He is 11 months old now, and still does not like to eat much by the way of table food, but he loves these. I have tried a few other brands, and I have tried tricking him with just cereal, but he know the difference, and he prefers Gerber Puffs. They dissolve quickly, yet still give a little crunch when he bites down on them. I have been pleased with the variety of flavors, my son is not a huge fan of the banana flavor, but loves the sweet potato ones. I like that they have whole grains, and I somewhat trust the quality that comes from Gerber.

Quality of Ingredients
      There is something to be said for the name, Gerber. You know there is a certain standard to be upheld, and this product seems to do a good job of that. They taste great too.

Safety
      As with anything dealing with a baby, you must supervise while eating this product, not that it is unsafe, but anything can become so if your child is not properly supervised, but I am pleased with how well these dissolve when baby starts eating them.

Gerber Graduates Fruit and Veggies Puffs

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

I always liked these Gerber Graduates fruit and veggies puffs for when my kids were ready to self feed. They were just the right size for them to pick up and get in there mouths. Perfect for putting on the highchair tray or the stroller tray to keep them occupied and not fussy when we were out and about. They dissolve fairly quickly so choking risks are pretty low. They taste great and have some great flavors to choose from. They are a healthy and tasty snack for babies learning to eat solids.

Quality of Ingredients
      Gerber makes great high quality products. They product always tastes fresh when you open the container and I feel good about giving these to my kids.

Safety
      As with any food or item really, you do not want to give these to your child if you are not right there with them. These are made to dissolve once mixed with saliva so choking risks are minimal but if they do choke rest assure that the gerber puff will probably dissolve before you can dig it out.

• Safety:

best snacks for little ones who are barely starting to eat

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

I remember always buying these Gerber graduates fruit and veggie puffs for my son, his favorite flavor was the sweet potato and the banana flavor. They were perfect for when we would be on the go. There little small star like shapes that are lightweight and there made with whole grains. I like how it helped my son to grab and eat so he could start feeding himself on his own. I remember trying them before I gave it to him and they tasted good, they actually dissolved in my mouth melting in my mouth. They were perfect for him because I didn't have to worry about him choking on it. They were safe to eat and they didn't taste too sugary. They were high in vitamins and I felt my son was eating great with these. They have a lot of different flavors and they all tasted great. I would definitely recommend these to any baby or toddler and I will buy these again when I have my next little one. They were affordable to buy and they came with a lot.

• Safety:

One of my toddler's favorite snacks

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

We really love Gerber puff snacks. They are perfect for any time of day. My toddler is a picky eater and has been eating these since she was 7 months old. Sometimes this is all she will want to eat for breakfast. It gives me peace of mind knowing that they are made from healthy ingredients and contain essential vitamins for her growth. I've tried them myself and they are actually quite tasty. They were one of the very first snacks I gave her because they dissolve easily in your mouth. This reduces the chances of choking. It's a very baby friendly snack. You are supposed to wait until your baby can actually sit up on their own before offering them this snack. My baby really loved that she could pick them up and feed herself. It's not only a great snack but it also helps develop their hand coordination skills by teaching them to reach for and grasp objects with their fingers. They come in a convenient plastic container that can easily be tossed into a diaper bag for traveling. I would recommend these to all parents.

My son loves these

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

I don't think I can think of anything negative to say about gerber puffs. My son loves them. I have to carry them with me everywhere. I love them because it helps to teach him to pick up food and feed himself. I also love how easily they dissolve, and they are a sweet snack for him that is not loaded with sugar.

Such a good first food

Comments about Gerber Graduates Fruit & Veggies Puffs:

These were the first products I used prior to giving my son solid foods. I was a little Leary at first but once I found that they do melt in your mouth I was very relieved. The brand offers several different flavors which helps to know what your child may like. The quality of the ingredients were unbelievable. My son loved these so much, it was a great non-messy snack to travel with.