Other Baby Foods:

Earth's Best Organic Baby Food

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Organic- trying to do my best for the earth too!

I am kind of a health nut when it comes to my kids food and diet. As I get older, I appreciate now more than ever that good food is so important-- as are good eating habits. I am trying to set a model for my kids of healthy eating. Dont worry-- I am not pyscho about it. We just dont opt for french fries and burgers. Not my style.

When my kids were babies I had 3 options for food (1) make it myself (2) buy regular (3) buy organic.

My take on option 1: MAKE IT MYSELF. Come on! Too much work. I am a working Mom! I didnt really want to spend my time making food. I have precious little time-- I would rather spend my time hanging out with my kids. The pro, however, was that I loved that the options were endless if I made the food myself.

My take on option 2: BUY REGULAR. Okay, so you dont know my Mom. She is very into organic. She basically told me that she would buy my kids organic food if I didnt. She wasnt kidding either. She visits my kids weekly and literally brought 50 jars with her a week! WOW! It helps that she manages a friend's Health Food store a few days a week and gets a huge discount.

My take on option 3: ORGANIC. When I looked at the ingredients on the regular baby food and the organic it was a no brainer for me. I was shocked to see how many normal baby foods had all kinds of other ingredients other than the product itself. For example, when you buy organic peas, you get peas and water as the ingredients. When you buy non-organic, in many cases, you get peas, salt, etc.

So, I decided to go for Organic (my mom getting the food was a huge influencer!). At the time, Earth's Best was one of the only options available. Since then, Gerber and others have launched a line too. I like the options that Earth's Best has and the food tastes good-- even I would eat it! The downside is that it is expensive.... so it costs a bit more than the average food. (sometimes double) However, the sales are so good now that you can generally get a good deal.

The downside is that they dont have a ton of varieties. So, in order to have diversity in their diet, you may have to introduce some other brands. That is what I did.

Our favorites: Sweet potatoes, blueberry blends, apple blends, chicken. (MY KIDS WERE ALLERGIC TO THE CORN ONES!)

Overall, I would recommend Earth's Best. Your babies will be off to a healthy start.

Some of the food seemed to give my infant a rash

My son really liked the sweet potatoes. He did well with those. However, the raspberry and pear containing products seemed to give my son such a nasty diaper rash as soon as he ate them. I called the company to just give them feedback and they acted as if they could care less. The man that took my call was rude. He told me that their products would not give my infant a diaper rash. My intent was to give feedback and ask if there was anything in the processing that would have given my infant a diaper rash. I wanted to keep trying their products but needed more education about how to wisely choose which jars to choose for my infant in the future. The customer service rep would not give me any information about their products. He kept saying they are all good. I do not feel comfortable with their customer service so I cannot feel comfortable with their products. I especially would not recommend this product for sensitive infants.

A great product that is good for your baby!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

The Earth's Best Organic Baby Food is a great baby food for the little ones! There are a good variety of flavors to choose from and babies seem to like eating it. It's easy on their little tummies and goes down smoothly. I love that it is organic, because I know I know that the vegetables and fruit in these jars haven't been sprayed with pesticides and chemicals that other brands have been. I feel so much better feeding my child something organic and natural. It is a great product. The size of the jar is not only perfect for organizing in a cupboard, but great for on the go. They fit great in a diaper bag. I would use this again if I had another baby. I feel much better about using this product than the Gerber products out there or some of the other brands. It's a great baby food to have at your house. If your child doesn't like one flavor there are many more to choose from. My only thing that I didn't like was that they are a little more expensive, but most organic stuff is. Great baby food!

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are great! They are organic so you know that you are putting something healthy and natural into your child's mouth.

Safety
Easy for babies to swallow and goes down smooth.

Next best to homemade!

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

Earth's Best Organic Baby food has a very stable texture and consistency throughout all their flavors. It is thick enough not to drip off a spoon but not so chunky as to make a baby gag. Other brands seem to have drippy fruit-flavors and too-thick vegetable flavors. I take comfort in the all-natural flavor choices with no additives and that all the vegetables and fruits are organic. The jars are glass and this lessens the chance of the leaching of chemicals from plastic to food. The lids screw off and on easily and makes food storage a breeze. They are fairly reasonably priced and I would recommend this brand to anyone looking for a quick and convenient way to feed your baby organic pureed vegetables and fruit when making homemade food is not convenient. My only complaint is that I think the label design is a little busy and it is hard to read the types of flavors.

• Safety:

Healthy and tastes great!

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

My baby loves the flavors of the different baby foods, and I love that they are healthy. There are no chemicals, fillers or thickeners added. Also, the size is great because my little one usually eats the entire container in one sitting, so there isn't much to store (but I could store it right in the container). I originally planned to make my own baby food by pureeing organic fruits and veggies, but these are so healthy and convenient that I am just as happy feeding Earth's Best Organic Baby Food to my baby.

Quality of Ingredients
Earth's Best Organic Baby Food only contains high quality, organic fruits and veggies. There are no chemicals added, and there are very few items listed under the ingredients on the container.

Safety
I find these little containers to be very portable and durable. I like that they are glass because I would worry that plastic might leech chemicals into the food itself, but I don't have that concern with glass containers.

Some of the food seemed to give my infant a rash

• Safety:

Great product and great flavors!

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

This is the best baby food on the market today. It is organic and what my pediatrician recommended that we use. My daughter loved all of the flavors in each of the stages. She loved the butternut squash and would literally point to the jar. Earths Best makes amazing products and overall best food choices for babies. I would highly recommend this product to any parent.

Quality of Ingredients
These products are 100% organic and are very good for developing children. Organic food are the only option in my opinion for babies developing brains. My pediatrician recommended all Earth's Best products and I would completely agree. I am a big fan of this brand and will use it if we have another child.

Safety
Earths Best products are organic and are very safe for a developing infant. The formulas along with the stages of baby food are completely safe and cam highly recommended by our family pediatrician. I would recommend this brand!

Great Baby Food

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

My cousin's baby just turned six months and has begun eating food. My cousin had read that sweet potatoes had a similar taste to breast milk and was a great first food for babies. She originally wanted to make all of her child's food to ensure there were no excess ingredients or preservatives, but finding the time to make enough baby food while taking care of a six-month old and working was not easy. She still makes most of her food, but supplements it with this product when she does not have enough time. Her baby seems to love it and the ingredients are all organic, which is great. There are also no excess ingredients or preservatives; the ingredients are only organic sweet potatoes and vitamin C. My theory is always that if you can't pronounce the word, you probably shouldn't be eating it. I like my ingredient lists to be as short as possible, and this product passes both those tests.

Not just for babies!

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

I love earths best baby food! I love that they have different sized jars and a variety of foods that come by themselves or as combos with fruits ad veggies and added vitamins and DHA. They are a little more pricey than other jarred baby foods but I like that it is all organic ingredients and this is just something that was really important to me. They have a great amount of variety and I don't just use them by themselves. They are great to be added to smoothies. The bananas can be added for banana bread. I've mixed some of the veggies in with pasta sauce and with Mac n cheese. There is really so much that can be done with them. If you have a store like publix they will generally do a buy one get one free deal about every other month and I will stock up and this is really the best deal to buy these jars.

Quality of Ingredients
All organic and I love that

Safety
I love that they come in glass jars so you don't have to worry about plastic seeping in

A wonderful baby food

from Richmond VA

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

My son absolutely loved this baby food! It was a great way to introduce him to some of these new flavors and combinations. While I preferred to make his food at home from scratch, Earth's Best was my go-to to keep on hand for those "just in case" times (or when Dad was in charge, of course). They offer a great variety and we loved every one that we tried!

Quality of Ingredients
Earth's Best uses some of the best ingredients out there, and it really shows. They use only organic ingredients and the result is that the food is gentle on baby's stomach and very easy for them to digest. What's more, it tastes like "real" food, rather than like artificial, manufactured stuff. I think this is really important for young children with developing tastes.

Safety
These are fantastic baby foods for anyone to try. Even children with sensitive stomachs can find a blend that treats them gently. The glass containers keep many unwanted, manmade chemicals away and can even be reused!

Good Quality

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

The rules for pesticides and herbicides used on fruit and vegetables intended for baby food is more stringent than the general market for fruits and vegetables, but it still gives you comfort of mind to buy organic when you are giving your baby their first foods. The price of the Earth's Best organic baby food is quite reasonable too. Not as cheap as Gerber's and Beechnut, and not available to WIC recipients, but it is affordable to at least supplement or purchase fruits and vegetables that are on the list of high pesticide and herbicide usage. The flavor of Earth's Best isn't better or worse than any other baby food, but the consistency is notably more fluid and sloppier than Gerber's. The sweet potatoes are especially runny and you can't get much on one of those shallow, rubber-covered spoons. It also stains if you get it on clothing. The jars are affordable, but we found we preferred the pouch foods.

Earth's Best Baby Food: The Best

Comments about Earth's Best Organic Baby Food:

Earth's Best Baby Food has been a first food for all three of my children, and I think it is the best baby food in the grocery stores. Although I do make some of my own baby food, it is very convenient to have some jars in the pantry for going out, or just during really busy weeks.

Earth's Best not only tastes good (for baby food, that is), but I trust their company and their commitment to making healthy and organic products. In my opinion, one of the best things about this brand is that unlike most others, they still use glass jars. I prefer not to feed my babies from plastic, given all the facts that have come out about the dangers of plastic to our health. The fact that Earth's Best is still selling their jars in glass says a lot about them as a company, and I hope they continue to do so!

There are a lot of different flavors and combinations of fruits and vegetables to choose from, and you can find Earth's Best's Baby Food in many grocery stores and one-stop stores. They also offer baby cereals in addition to the jarred baby foods. This is my favorite organic baby food brand.