Other Hair Colorings:
Garnier
Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor

Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor

Pros

• Easy to use (5)

• Permanent (3)

Great Hair at an affordable price

Over tha last few years I have found more and more grays appearing on my head. More so today that yesteryear. I have tried many hair coloring products and most work OK, but I am now a true believer in **Garnier Nutrisse Hair Coloring Products. **I have found this to be a truly amazing product. With outher products i have noticed that the coverage of gray doesn;t last very long. When I say not very long I mean only lasting a few weeks. I have found that Garnier has out lasted all of the other priducts I have tried. With other hair coloring products I find taht my hair feels like straw immedaitely after using and the straw like feeling usually lasted a few weeks after the initial hair coloring. With Garnier my hair felt silky soft, strong and looked very healthy. What really pleased me with the porduct was how long the color remained in my hair. With other products i was ready for coloring wiothin three weeks, but with Garnier it took 8 weeks before those stubborn grays started showing again. Call it vanity or call it love, but Garnier really works. I have recommended this product to many of my friends, especailly the ones who do their hair at home.

made my hair fall out

I am worried enough about being gray in my early 20's now after using this product I have to worry about being bald too?! I usually use Preference by L'oreal, but this was on sale... no wonder. 1 week after I used it i found a bald spot on the top of my head the size of a nickel. I have short hair, tell me how I'm gonna cover that up?

Claims made about grey coverage left me less than impressed.

from TN

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gentle
  • Natural Look

Cons

• Doesn't "cover"grey* see review
  • Time Consuming

• Thicker Hair
  • Touch Ups

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

The Garnier Nutrisse in dark brown: claims to cover grey, but I noticed it turned grey roots more of a golden brown and golden blonde color. Created a "highlight" look for greys rather than turning them the same color as on box. I noticed on another brand of dye that claims to cover grey, it had disclaimer saying "grey hair turns a golden (color) offering a highlight at home look" That explains it all!! If Garnier would've been upfront about that my opinion would've been different b/c going into it, I wouldn't have had such high expectations. It did create a pretty color for my dark dark brown hair. I've had biolage technique done, so lower half of hair is blonde, I kept this on blode ends for recommended 10 mins, it changed tone to a cool tone, which looked good.
The extra oils and "Nutrisse" aspect did leave hair smooth, and shiny, but hair dye manufacturers need to be realistic with their claims as far as how much they actually do!
I received this product for free via redeeming a coupon sent to me from pinchme.com #ad .

• Permanent

Best haircolor in a box I've used

from Tampa, FL

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Easy To Use

• New Look

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

This is the best home hair color I've used. Easy to apply, great coverage with no uncolored patches, does not make my hair fall out, gives me shiny hair, and the color lasts for weeks. Other brands last around 2 weeks (I have to wash my hair every day.) Plus, I receive lots of compliments on my hair!

Not what I expected

from Dixon il

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Smells good

Cons

• Result different color

• Adults

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

This product does not mix well with previously colored hair and funky undertones

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It works well!

from California

Pros

• Acts Quickly
    • Easy To Use

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

I mean, if you want a quick solution to your gray hair it would work well. But if your hair grows fast then you should look for another solution.

5 days later and I could see natural color coming through...

from CJ Oregon

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Acts Quickly
        • Easy To Use
        • Not Messy

Cons

• Breaks hair off
        • Leaves oily

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

Used it the first time dying my hair and with in 5 days original hair color showing through. It left my hair the perfect color and super shiny. At the same time it made my hair break off and tangle like I've never seen before and super oily looking after just 2 hours

I would not buy this again

from Upstate,New York

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Color Misrepresented
          • Doesn't Last
          • Does not work well with red tones

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

I had no luck did not change hair Comoros at all

Great Color at a Great Price

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

Always flawless color, no unpleasant surprises. Plenty of REAL WORLD shades that don't make you look like a Circus Freak, like some products produce-and I don't mean when you're trying for something edgy. I have had major problems with one other brand producing ugly brassy results, but that's NEVER happened with Garnier Nutrisse.

Does everything a high quality haircolor product is expected to do EXCEPT smell bad. Garnier Nutrisse provides excellent coverage and great finished color, time after time with no surprise (read NEGATIVE) outcomes. I get salon quality results right in the privacy of my own home, on my schedule at a truly reasonable price.

Ease of Application
            READ and follow the directions, people and you can't go wrong! From mixing through application as directed to the rinsing and final outcome, the process is simple and problem-free. I have even used the lighter blonde shades with a cap to produce stunning highlights without breaking my bank account.

• Ease of Application:

Color shown on box not the same as when applied

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

The color on the box was not anywhere near the color when applied. It is about 2 x's darker. However, the product itself is very nice. It left my very dry hair in great condition. I will go lighter the next time with this product or opt for another brand.

Color not as described but product left hair in good condition.

Ease of Application
            Very easy to apply.

Worst Hair Dye I have ever used

from Warren, OH

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

I used this one time and it was the last. I left it on just as the directions said to, but when I rinsed it out it WAS NOT the co.or it was suppose to be. Plus it left my hair very dry and the smell was unbearable.

The color DID NOT turn out like the color on the box. It honestly looked like I put 2 different colors of dye on my head.

Works amazing!

Comments about Garnier Nutrisse Permanent Creme Haircolor:

I absolutely love the Garnier Nutrisse Permanent hair color. I dye my hair a lot and have had it different colors. I am a natural brown but have dyed my hair blonde all the way to red. I have been dying my hair intense auburn for about two years now. I took awhile for my dark brown hair to finally get the color to set right. I have used many different brands and many expensive hair dyes but Garnier Nutrisse always came out on top and got my hair the way I wanted it. I also had thick and short hair (bob cut) and only needed one box of hair dye. Now that my hair is about shoulder length I need two but I still have a little left over. It is inexpensive so it is definitely worth it. It also doesn't have a bad chemical smell to it which I approve of because I have two small kids and don't want them inhaling that. I do recommend washing off any skin that comes into contact with the dye because it will take forever to come off. I definitely recommend the black, intense auburn, and burgandy colors of Garnier Nutrisse. I would give the others a try as well but as of right now that is the only three I have any experience with.