Other GPS Devices:
010-00401-00
Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator

Simply Wonderful

Simply put, this GPS is AMAZING! I love this thing. I have gotten my moneys worth 10 times over. It is a reat gift for someone as it is pretty expensive. It actually gives you directions, phone numbers, and helps when you need it the most.

I travel solo for a living so you can imagine how helpful this has been for me. I cannot believe I waited so long to finally ask for one.

One negative point that you would never think of is that it loses satellite reception in the city. I recently traveled to L.A. and Chicago. Living in Florida, you don't have those skyscrapers and even being near one in metro places, it goes out. Not to mention when you are in the middle of the city and really need directions, you cannot count on it with this (or any) GPS. It then proceeds to take too long to get the reception back and you are out of luck.

My advice, just keep trying to get the reception back. It usually picks up when you least expect it to.

Garmin C320 - Simple Driver Companion

C320 is a good companion when I drive alone to some new places. I like it simple because it's very easy to operate. below is my review:

Good stuff:Read complete review

Good stuff:

- inexpensive;

- Simple menu; few touches on screen to set GPS for go home direction;

- easy to put on the top of dashboard due to it's shape; don't have to suck it to the windshield, that's very convenient! don't have to use suction cup time and again

- verbal direction is clear and loud

Rooms for improvement:

- not idea working under strong sun light, no anti-glare on the screen

- slow to initiate, sometimes awaiting for satellite signals for few minutes and then fails!

- directions are not very clear in some cases, caused confusion to me

- input keyboard is non-standard, listing A, B, C, D ... from left to right, kind of difficult to type

- screen size is OK; but when i need to make a turn, it would be idea if the screen can zoom in so that I can see how to change lane accordingly

- search on point of interest is usually slow, it takes a long time to search.

Nice unit for great price but updates are expensive

from Lima, OH

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin Streetpilot C320 is an easy to use, quick to install, and fairly accurate GPS system.  Comes with a suction cup mount and car charger cord.  Does have a bettery that hold charge very well.  Can be used outside of the car for foot navigation or for applications such as hiking or geocaching.  Directions are somewhat accurate as my unit needs the maps updated.  The map update is acctually as much as a new GPS unit so I have choosen to purchase a new unit.  The maps without update were generally fine but would occationally take me to and abandoned gas station or not be able to direct me to a newer mall.  Unit has auto shutoff which is great for people who might leave it on accidentally alot.  I have left it on many times and it never seemed to hurt my car battery.  Display is clear and bright in all lighting condiions and does have an auto dim feature for at night.  Speech is clear and generally easy to understand.

Garmin C320 - Simple Driver Companion

- verbal direction is clear and loud

Rooms for improvement:

- not idea working under strong sun light, no anti-glare on the screen

- directions are not very clear in some cases, caused confusion to me

- search on point of interest is usually slow, it takes a long time to search.

I don't know where I would be without it

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

I originally bought the **Garmin StreetPilot C320 **for a road trip from Virginia to Toronto, Canada.  I had been wanting one anyways, but this trip gave me the perfect excuse to need one.

This navigation system worked really well.  Sometimes it can be frustrating because it takes about two minutes while it is "acquiring satellites" but that isn't too bad.  One thing I noticed is that when I used it in areas that I was familiar with, I thought there were times where I knew a faster route than the one the system gave me.  I love that if I make a wrong turn, the voice-activated person will announce "recalculating" and give you directions to your destination from your new location.  I would never buy a navigation system that didn't have verbal directions, because I don't want to have to stare at the device mounted on my dashboard.  It's great to be able to look and hear where I need to go.  It is definitely useful and even though there are some minor flaws, I would still buy the same one again.

Everyone needs this item

from Herriman, UT

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

I love my Garmin Streetpilot c320. I take it everywhere I go. When you go on vacation the last thing you want to do is be lost and waste your whole day looking at maps. Why not just type in where or what you want and be driven right there. I will never be without my garmin again. My husband uses it for work and loves it as well. If you don't travel a lot I still really suggest this item. A lot of the times an address will just say a street name and not have any coordinates with it. You just type in the street name and you are there. Another great this is that it gives you and arrival time.

Great Product for the first year and a half

from Marysville, WA

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

I bought this product about a year and a half ago and think that it is great. I left it in my car over night one cold night a few days ago brought it back inside and tried to turn it on. It wont turn on anymore not even with a charge. It was a great product up until then.

Garmin Street Pilot is wonderful but newer models offer more.

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

My first GPS unit was a Garmin Street Pilot and it was wonderful.  In fact, I still use it in our second car.  Since then I purchased a Garmin nuvi 750 and really appreciate the added features.  I can't imagine traveling without a GPS.  When we travel, I throw it in my bag and use it in the rental car, they work for the entire continental US and they are a necessity.

Five stars all the way - keeps me on time!

from Hudson, OH

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin c320 GPS is a life saver.  It helps me find restaurants, gas stations, drug stores, hotels in strange cities.  Takes me from place to place - even sounds like we have an extra friend.  We rely on our Garmin so much we've named her Helena and talk to her as she talks to us!  Only complaint - cold or warm weather - the device will not stay attached to the windshield so we place the unit in the console or someplace else in the car.  Then it sometimes loses it's connection.

Abosuletly a must have!!

from Auburn, NH

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

On a trip from Manchester, NH to Rutland, VT my boyfriend and I used the Garmin GPS. We were running late for dinner reservations and i loved that the Garmin tells you what your estimated time of arrival is! We got there right on time and right when the Garmin said we would. I also like that you can search places on interest in the area! We found a great restaraunt and some cute places to go shopping!

Its a awesome product and has gotton me out of a pinch more than

from Midlothian, VA

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin GPS is a awesome product that has gotton me out of a pinch more than once. Have been completely lost turned the Garmin on and it has always found what I was looking for. I would recommend it to anyone, and have done do on mseveral occasions. It completely eliminates the need for a map any longer.

Randy

wouldn't take a raod trip without it

from Galatia, IL

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot c320 Portable GPS Navigator:

I wouldn't take a trip without a Garmin. It has so many great features. The POI (points of interest) gives you addresses, phone numbers, and directions to almost anywhere. You can find hotels, service stations, shopping, restaurants....anything you could possibly be looking for on a trip. I like how it tells you how far each POI is. This is a good investment.