Other GPS Devices:
Garmin
010-00408-02
Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator

I can't live without it.

from Hyattsville, MD

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator:

I bought this whilst in California and found it useful when going on trips to Yosemite etc. You just plug in and go. (You almost don't need to ever read the instructions it is so easy.) I was the main driver and it meant no more arguments of the best way to go or shouting because turns had been missed. Then I moved to Washington D.C with my family and the Garmin StreetPilot 2720 became the valuable piece of equipment. Where ever we were trying to go it got us there. I loved the fact you can just type in a shop name like Target and it will give you options of all the nearest ones. There is no more staring blindly at maps trying to figure out where you are and how to get back. I can truly say that I will never life without a navigation system. It is worth its weight in gold just for the now stress free trips to whether we feel like. Garmin StreetPilot 2720 is great for its voice commands and color screen. I love the fact it switches into night mode all by itself. You can alter the angle of the screen best suited to your driving height and also to reduce the sun on the screen. You have several voices to pick from. The point of interest feature is extremely useful especially if you are like me and move to a new city. As of yet I have not looked into it more advanced features and I haven't really bothered to look in the instructions. The screens give you plan instructions. I also love the screen size as it means you can look at the screen and get a really good idea of the road ahead and areas and towns that are around you. Also you can easily put it in any car because of the soft grip bottom. I would recommend this to everyone wanting a navigation system.

User friendly

from Neptune, NJ

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator:

I travel to many unknown areas for my dog resuce volunteering.  This GPS has been such a help.  No trying to look at my written directions.  I just listen and do what the GPS tells me.  I would have a difficult time traveling without this now.

looove it!

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator:

I moved to a new state a year ago and got lost for the first 6 months no matter where I went.

now i'm ever list! its fast easy, and i love the remote control!

i take this everywhere i go, in either of our cars.

especially like/need the voice guides. acguired satalites quickly. was easy to see on my dash and the accompanying weighted stand is plenty secure so i didnt have to mare my car interior with tape.

OK if you don't want to spend too much

from Glen Allen, VA

Comments about Garmin StreetPilot 2720 Portable GPS Navigator:

This Garmin device does a fair job in giving directions, however I found it to be slow in responding, and was not as user-friendly as my other car's built-in Toyota Nav System.

If you get this, you should definitely attach the mounting device to make it semi-permanent.  Leaving the device loose is kind of dangerous, as it moves around and can fall on the floor.