Other GPS Devices:
Garmin
010-00538-00
Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Amazing GPS unit - don't leave home without it!

I am reviewing the Garmin Nuvi 360 GPS unit.  I absolutely love this unit.  I have taken it on multiple trips and it has saved me multiple times.  I have always been good with directions - but now I don't have to worry about it.  Points of Interest are easy to setup and there are so many places already installed on the unit that it's hard not to find the place you are looking for.  The bluetooth capability is awesome allowing you to hook up your bluetooth enabled cell phone to it.  Once connected, most of the POIs have a phone number which you called press Call and it will dial directly to that place.  I would recommend this product to anyone.  I did a lot of research and this unit has all of the capabilities most would want for a great price.  Go out and buy it if you've ever been lost while driving - it won't happen again!

Handy tool but, don't rely on it completely!!!!

I do love my Garmin Nuvi 360 however, I have found a few problems.  Sometimes the route it takes you on just doesn't make sense.  Like the time it took us down a seasonal one lane dirt road on the quickest time setting.  Thankfully we weren't hauling the travel trailer at the time!!!!  That is the thing I mean about not relying on it completely.  If your common sense is telling you NO don't take that road then don't!!!  Keep on going and it will recalculate.  I do however, love that no matter where I am the garmin provides me with an instant access to all things in the area with address and phone number.  For example, I am in another state and want to find a pizza place.  I search for restaurants in the area and I find one in no time.  There are so many other options that I haven't used yet...like listening to audio books.  I did have a problem with the bluetooth option....the conversation was very scratchy and almost impossible to understand.  Overall, I do like it very much you just have to remember it is a machine that does not have common sense.

No longer feel anxious and lost

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

Love my Garmin and have no idea how I lived without it before! I received the Garmin as a gift because my husband told me that I got lost too often when I went out town so it was a much needed present. I cannot say enough good things about my GPS and it's features. I find that the Garmin is very user friendly and easy to navigate through. A few great features about this particular model is that it says street names when turning instead of just using turn in 800 ft, it has options to choose food, gas, banking, entertainment, parking, and several other features. This model also has a MP3 built in so I can download songs to listen too. I have found that the directions are typically spot on and easy to follow and understand. I love the interactive map and being able to see what roads and streets are coming up or on my way of travel. One thing that I wish was different about Garmin not the GPS is that you didn't have to buy the updated maps each year, as they cost about a fourth of what I paid for the GPS. Overall I love my Garmin and no longer feel lost and helpless on the road!

Really Terrific

from Boulder, CO

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I had never owned a GPS unit before, but on a shuttle trip to the airport the driver had a Garmin unit, and I was surprised to find that even from a couple rows back I could still see the screen clearly. So I did a little research and got the Nuvi 360 for two reasons in particular: (1) it reads street names aloud, and (2) the Bluetooth connection to the phone (here in California, it's about to become state law that drivers must use a hands-free device with their cellphones, and I didn't have one). It doesn't take long to learn that probably any GPS unit is going to have certain problems. For example, with LA's horrible freeway traffic I have the Nuvi set to avoid freeways; but certain streets that I consider surface roads are considered highways by the Nuvi (Santa Monica Blvd. is part of Route 66, for example). The better I know the area I'm driving in, the more often I see how the Nuvi isn't terribly smart about finding a really optimal route. But of course that's the sort of situation where I don't really need a GPS unit because I already know my way around; and if I don't know my way around, I don't much care if my route isn't optimal, so long as it gets me there. What I really love is how simple it is. The screen is easy to read, and the Bluetooth connection works wonderfully--once the cellphone is paired with the Nuvi, they simply find each other without your having to do anything ever again. It's easy to unhook the Nuvi and stash it in the glove compartment or wherever, out of sight; and I connect it even for short trips to familiar destinations, just for the Bluetooth connection. I don't really use it to find points of interest, though I'm happy to find that my local grocery store is in there, and so was Universal when I had to go to a concert. One night I took a drive and deliberately got myself lost, then told the Nuvi to get me home. It had no trouble at all, and that did it: now I'm a confirmed GPS lover, and am happy to recommend this lovely little device to anyone.

Helpfull

from Portage, MI

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I have found my unit to be very easy to use and extremely helpful.  The thing i don't like is the fact that i can only have two addresses listed at a time.  Doing alot of customer calls it would be more practical to enter alot of addresses at once.  That would eliminate the use of a mapping program on the computer to tell me the most effient route.  Overall it does make life on the road less cumbersome.

Great timesaver

from Haysville, KS

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This "gadget" can be invaluable when your planned route is disrupted for some reason.  It is also excellent in finding local places of business. Easy to view in all types of light (or dark).  The voice is clear and easy to understand. If the maps downloaded were up-to-date, this would be a perfect item!

Never be lost again

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I think this is the best automotive GPS on the market. It is very accurate and has kept me from becoming hopelessly lost on many occasions. Because it talks you can keep your eyes on the road as you drive, a major safety feature. It also shows the route on the screen, automatically changing at night. The screen display can be zoomed in or out depending on your needs. The speech functions are clear and you have a choice of voices and many languages to choose from. It is programmed to tell you in advance of the next action you must take. It is so small that you can take it with you when you park the vehicle in a place where you are concerned about possible breakins. Because it is not built in it can be used with every car you drive, both your own and rentals. Garmin has provided numerous new graphics and voices at no extra charge over the internet. Many businesses, attractions and other locations are listed, but because these change so rapidly they are not complete and contain listings that have moved or quit. You can pick a location from the list, type in an address, or use GPS coordinates to program your destination. Both North American and European locations are stored in the unit, but only your home continent is available without an extra charge. The unit can also store photos.The unit does have a few minor flaws. One is strange pronunciation of some names. The map upgrades are expensive: if you upgrade every year it will not take long before you have paid as much or more than the original price of the unit. Unless you are traveling to areas that are growing and changing rapidly, I would recommend passing on the upgrades; in a few years you could buy a new version with the money you have saved. The suction cup used to hold it to the windshield can bond to the glass if it is left on in hot weather; after you peel it off the surface becomes rougher and it does not hold vacuum as well.

Perfect

from Chino Hills, CA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I purchsed the garmin gps and we have been in situations where we would have been lost & spent a lot of time trying to find a way to our destination & the gps got us on the right track. I researched long & hard & this one was the best for my money & needs.

Takes the stress out of finding your way

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I bought the Nuvi 360 after shopping around a bit to find a great price.  Though expensive, it's a true stress reliever when you're on the road and wondering how long before that next turn.  Though I don't use the Bluetooth functionality that much, it does provide great sound quality the few times I've used it to make a phone call.  And this units compact size is worlds apart from the first generation of GPS portables.

Garmin Nuvi 360 easy to use,

from Fenton, MO

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I bought this Garmin Nuvi 360 for my husband. He travels to different golf courses for fun.

He uses this to get his direction. This tells you if you make a wrong turn, it will re-calculate and give you more directions. It will get you where you want to go.

WE have pre loaded several addresses, it is easy to find them. Use them and get back to your home base.

WE used it on vacation also. If we decide to make a detour, it tells us we made a wrong turn, so you have to tell it where you are now going.

I would reccoment a Garmin to anyone wanting a direction to get where you want to go in the most direct way. Don't forget to hit stop when you stop for gas, it will let you know you have stopped and to putin another address, or hit resume. .

Like is said in the manual, putin directions, it will also let you know where restaurants and gas stations are, all you have to do is ask it, hit the button that corresponds with what you want and it calculates what is there, gives you what there is and just where to turn.

don't forget to sign off, restart etc. .

Thie Garmin Nuvi 360 is the Best its sooo easy to use !

from Stigler, OK

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This Garmin is the Best it has a Travel Kit ,Bluetooth ,Speed Zones & Safety cams.

you use it to locate Hotels, Resturants ,Points of interest

This is so easy to use this theBest travel buddy you will ever have!

nolonger worry about getting lost, recalcs if I make a wrong tur

from Concord, CA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 360 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I have enjoyed my Garmin.  I made one wrong turn too many and it has become a best friend.  When I travel it is one of the first things I pack.

The Garmin is easy to use.  The instructions are easy to use.  I have on occassion linked it via bluetooth to my cell phone.