Other GPS Devices:

Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

easy, helpful, portable

The Garmin Nuvi GPS practically saved my life one night when driving back to school. I was stuck on the highway in the middle of nowhere (central Indiana rural area) and realized I was in desperate need of gas. After a brief panic, I quickly punched a few buttons on my navi and found the closest gas station a few miles off the highway. Exiting off the highway and driving through farm land when it was pitch black at night made me a little nervous, but I trusted that my gps would lead me in the right direction. I got to the gas station, and the power was out due to the strong winds that night. Again, after a brief freak out, I immediately found the next closest gas station using my Garmin. Thankfully it was only a mile down the road. Without my Garmin that night, I could have ended up stranded late at night in the middle of nowhere without a clue as to which direction to head.

The only thing I don't like about the Garmin is that I have to update it. Everytime I turn it on, I get a message saying that the maps I have are outdated and need to be replaced. I still have yet to update my gps system, and I don't know when I plan on actually buying the software to do it.

A nice and simple GPS.

Street smart and ultra-cool, you can count on nüvi 200 to get you there on time and in style. This sleek navigator and travel companion comes with preloaded maps for the lower 48 states, Hawaii and Puerto Rico or regional coverage in other areas. For more mapping options, check out the transatlantic nuvi 270 or nuvi 250. Like the rest of the nüvi 200-series, nüvi 200 is affordably priced and simple to use.

**Arrive In Style**

Available in classic silver and now pink, there's a nüvi 200 for every taste. Go pink and accessorize your look with nüvi 200 and its matching case (sold separately). Smart and stylish, this pink nuvi is packed with detailed roads and points of interest. Take nüvi shopping and get turn-by-turn directions to the front door. It also fits neatly in your handbag. No matter the color, you'll always arrive fashionably early with nüvi.

**Navigate With Ease**

nüvi 200 comes preloaded with City Navigator® NT map data for the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico (no Alaska or Canada detail) or one European region or country (click versions tab to view all). Simply touch the color sunlight-readable screen to enter a destination, and nüvi takes you there with 2-D or 3-D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. In addition, nüvi 200 accepts custom points of interests (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.

**Take It With You**

Like the rest of the nüvi 200-series, nüvi 200 sports a sleek, slim design and fits comfortably in your pocket or purse. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or foot.

**Go Beyond Navigation**

Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 200 includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin LockTM, an anti-theft feature, and is compatible with our free Garmin Garage where you can download custom vehicles that show your location on the map. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in SD cards such as Garmin Travel Guides for detailed data on attractions.

nüvi 200: It's a whole nü way to travel.

Intuitive and easy to use.

from Dearborn, MI

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

My husband and I found this GPS to be very easy to use, a decent value and a lifesaver when our iPhone GPS isn't working well. The screen is clear, we haven't had any issues with misdirection and the size of the unit is great. It fits in the palm of your hand and isn't bulky at all. I've never used it outside of my vehicle, but I imagine that it could be easily used that way.

good gps

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

This gps is easy to use, is accurate, has all the options I need. It's a good product for the price. It supports multiple languages, comes in handy sometimes when relatives visit, it's also fun to switch to british. It picks up signal fairly fast, I feel it's harder to pick up signal these days than when I just got it.

Processing Speed
good, but not as good as when I first bought it

haven't updated map for 5 years, it's still good

Easy to use

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Garmin nuvi is the best GPS that I have ever used.

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

I love the Garmin nuvi 200 I can use it while it's not plugged up. The Garmin has very clear pictures for easy use. You can use it in the car or on foot. It comes loaded with places of interest and addresses already saved in for them. Very easy to use, I recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want complicated Gps.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Great for someone who is bad at directions

from Matthews, NC

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

I don't know how I lived before I had this gps. I am horrible at directions so owning a gps is a must. This one is great wtih all of the categories. As you are driving along and you need to find a close gas station, bank, or restaurant you are able to very quickly by clicking these catergories. I love that feature especially when I am traveling. The touch screen is ok but sometimes my fingers tap the wrong letters which can be irritating to go back and erase. The other issue is the maps with a Garmin are outdated after a year or so and you have to pay to have them upgraded. I live in a high growth area so sometimes this becomes an issue because they are building new subdivisions in my area all the time. Overall I think this is a pretty idiot proof gps and is great to have around if you have a bad sense of direction like I do.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

reliable and straight forward directions

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

This GPS device is good for the traveling couple. It has a very long lasting battery and the nav system on it works great. If you love to travel and not get lost I recommend this product. A few times it took us out of the way but overall the directions we got worked out great.

Go Anywhere With Garmin

from Jacksonville, TX

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

Good navigation product - has always gotten me where I need to go The only thing is you have to pay to have it updated, but I never have and I am still using it and we received it as a gift about 3 or 4 years ago. I will buy this brand again when I am ready to upgrade.

For Travelers

from Johnstown, PA

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

We travel alot and our GPS fried. I spent time looking for a GPS and found this one. It has life time traffic and map support. It was easy to mount, keeps a great charge and is very useful in getting us from point A to B. You can search for places to eat, activities to do and even rest stops.

Great product!

from Terre Haute, IN

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

We have had this Garmin for a few years now and use it at least every couple of months. It is very easy to use and gives good directions. I received this when my husband replaced a different version in his semi. His only complaint was that this Garmin does not have truck routes.

Fun to own

from Flat Rock, MI

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

A little small but easy to use. I can keep it in my purse and always have it with me

Processing Speed
sometimes the weather seems to be a problem while getting directions.

Map Quality & Accuracy
shows most places I've been trying to get to, or atleast close. I've only had one issue that sent me to wrong street.

not an issue using it. I do love it's size, for me it is perfect

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Makes life soooo much easier!

from Ft Mitchell, KY

Comments about Garmin 200W Portable GPS Navigator:

This has simplified driving to the point of (almost) having an auto-pilot feature. It has been very accurate, and (with updates) amazingly so. We have used this for quite some time, and even got one for my parents, because (of course) my dad would rather drive around lost for a week instead of asking for directions. It is much easier to use than any gps I have had on any phone, and the menus and maps are easy to understand. There are many ways to hunt for a destination, from exact address, to general categories (gas station/shopping/points of interest/restaurants, etc.). I would definitely recommend this to anyone at all!

Processing Speed
Takes very little time to find whatever you look for

Map Quality & Accuracy
As long as you keep updates current, it is perfect!

VEEEEERY easy, self explanatory