Other Detergents:

Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

Pros

Cons

Love it! Leaves my laundry smelling fresh & snuggle ready~

I recently bought a bottle of Febreze with Original scent Gain, and I loved it. So this week I bought Gain powdered laundry detergent in the original scent. I like everything to smell the same in my home, so this was a no brainer. My laundry smelled fabulous, clean and fresh. Very open air clean smelling, but not open air in the city, more like your mom hung them out to dry in the country. A powder that dissolves instantly, and cleans your clothes, gets every last bit of grime, what could be better? I love the way my clothes smell, my bedding, everything I wash with this, just smells good. Makes my clothes soft and no irritation.

I like gain products just not this detergent

I have used Gain products on and off for years, but I've only tried out the Gain Powder Laundry Detergent recently. I've really enjoyed a lot of Gain products, and other powder laundry detergents, but I found that I really didn't like this one.

I found that whenever I would wash my clothes with this powder detergent, it didn't dissolve well, and it would leave plenty of powder behind. I also found that this powder laundry detergent was too harsh for my clothes, and caused them to fade much faster then they should have. It also made some of my t-shirts feel rough to the touch. It probably did this to my clothes, because I had to wash them more then once just to get the powder out. I also think that this detergent doesn't dissolve well because I like to use cold water instead of warm or hot. I feel like if you were to wash your clothes in hot water, this would probably dissolve and work better.

I honestly would say that this doesn't clean very well, and it tends to ruin and fade clothes quickly. It also bothered my allergies and asthma as well. The scent is this detergent was too strong, and gave me a headache. I couldn't stand to smell it all day because it was very irritating. I find that powder detergents tend to have a stronger longer lasting scent then regular ones do.

Overall, I would not recommend this detergent because it caused me to have to do more work to my laundry, it completely faded my clothes, and it is not a great detergent for sensitive people. I will not be buying this again.

I found that whenever I would use this to wash my clothes it would leave powder behind, no matter how many times I would wash my clothes. It is very hard to dissolve and grainy. I also found that not only did it not wash my clothes, it faded them very quick, and it made my clothes smell way too strong to be comfortable wearing them all day. It made my clothes rough and uncomfortable.

The scent was way too strong and overbearing. It gave me a headache just smelling it, and I found that even throughout the day it did not fade at all. If you like overly scented products them you would probably like this, but if you have allergies or asthma I would recommend to stay away from this at all costs.

I like gain products just not this detergent

from Stroudsburg, PA

Love Gain

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I give Gain a ten out of ten because I have never had anything go wrong when using Gain. The smell is so intense and lasts so much longer than any other laundry soap I have ever used. It makes your clothes smell so good you could probably wear them twice with people still thinking it just came out of the dryer. I love either the powder or the liquid because they do an equal job of cleaning the clothes and keeping them fresh. It is so easy to remove stains just by washing with Gain. The detergent always fully dissolves unless you use it improperly by putting the soap in after the clothes are in the washer and the water has been filled up. Just place the detergent first and let the water fill up and you will have no problems. The only other thing is to make sure you do not put big chunks in because they obviously take much longer to break up versus the individual powder chunks. I highly recommend Gain as it is my favorite brand and I am a lifelong customer!

So-so product.

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I received this product as a gift from my mother and I was nervous because it is a powdered laundry detergent. I have used this for at least 10 different washes and out of that number at least half have required a second wash due to power being left behind and leaving white spots all over the items. I am disappointed because I did not expect this to happen and it seems that no matter what I do it still happens. Another downside is the fact that the box itself is so large and heavy. It is a bit hard to store and tote around. I really like the scent and it has a lasting scent but I would not repurchase this product and would not recommend it to anyone that I know.

I give the performance a 3 due to powder being left behind. I found that this happens at least half of the times that I wash items.

The scent is overall very pleasant. It leaves a lasting presence and has an overall very clean scent.

Love the scent!

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I ordered this online, so I wasn't able to smell the scent before buying it. I love the scent, and it does not put an overwhelming smell on my clothes. I feel like it does just as good of a job as my previous detergent. It is very effective at getting stains out, plus it gets musty smells out of my clothes. The best thing I liked about ordering it was that it was very reasonably priced. I was able to use a coupon for it. The only negative thing to this detergent is that it gets into the cracks inside the box, then spills out when you open it.

This is very effective at getting stains out. I use it as a pre-treatment as well. I cut back on the amount of detergent that was recommended as it cleaned well with less.

The scent is my favorite thing about this detergent. I love the way it smells and that the scent isn't too strong in my clothes after I dry them. I can smell it after my clothes dry, but it's not overwhelming.

gain powder

from Wallkill, NY

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I own 3 Laundromats and we do a lot of drop off laundry, we have tried all of the detergents to find the best, Tide, Gain, Purex, arm & hammer, all, and the no name brands also such as xtra ............what we have found is that gain powder works as well as the leading detergent Tide, it is made by the same manufacturer as tide, Proctor & Gamble, all the stains come out and the smell is great especially if you use the gain fabric softener also. so as far as we are concerned I recommend Gain detergent.

All stains do come out

smells great

Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Sent

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Overall Gain powder laundry detergent earns top ratings in my book. I love the way Gain gets my clothes clean and leaves them smelling so good. You even get the sent days after doing the laundry. I will confess you will need to use a stain presoak if you have a stubborn stain like grease. I use Dawn dish liquid for those grease stains or shout for the others. Gain powder detergent can not be beat otherwise.

I think you will be well pleased with the performance as long as you use a stain remover for stubborn dried on stains. I would recommend shout or for grease some dawn dish liquid. I also use Clorox bleach to help whiten my whites. I think this is standard practice regardless of which brand of detergent you use.

I love the scent that you get with Gain original. I also recommend trying the other scents that are available. You may find that one of the others is more to your liking. I personally like them all. You will also find the scent will stay long after laundry day. I have pulled out shirts a week later and they still had that great scent on them.

Best smelling detergent there is

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain is one of the best detergents there is. It has an amazing smell and works great. It really is a premium laundry detergent. It is a little pricey but well worth the cost. Plus you can often find it on sale and get coupons to use with it. This is by far my favorite detergent to use.

It is a hard working detergent. It does a great job at getting your clothes clean and getting spots out of clothes. Has always done great on all my clothes. Whether it be darks, colors or whites that I am washing it always comes out looking clean.

It has my favorite scent out of all laundry detergents. It has a very fresh smelling scent that is very strong. I like a lot of scent on my clothes and love that you can smell how clean the clothes are when they come out of the dryer. And the fresh scent lasts quite awhile after the laundry has been done. I highly recommend the powder form of gain if you really want the best scent.

Good Powder Detergent

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain is an over all good detergent.

Gain powder is a good detergent for getting clothes clean and removing all body and dirt odors. I would say it is comparable to other popular detergents such as Tide and All in it's performance. I don't think it is considered an environmentally friendly detergent though. Other than the environmental issue, the only drawback I found was that the powder did not fully rinse out when I was using it in an older commercial washer at one of my former apartments. I suspect the washer was more of the problem, but switching to liquid detergent while I lived there solved that problem. When I lived at a place that had newer washers, I had no trouble and everything rinsed out very well.

Gain has a nice scent, I think it is much milder than the commercials make it seem, and I did not think it lingered in my clothes like that. But for me that is a very, very good thing.

This gets clothes clean and smells great!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I really like the Gain line of laundry detergents. I would buy them more, but they are more expensive than some of the other ones out there. If it is on sale I would definitely pick some up. I will say that I like the liquid detergent better than the powder, but this works well also. This laundry detergent does a good job of getting dirty clothes clean. It gets some stains out and leaves my clothes smelling fresh. I really like the scent of this gain product. It is a nice soft and crisp scent. I would recommend trying this laundry detergent. It is a good one.

This does the job that it is suppose to do. It gets clothes clean and your laundry smelling fresh. It also gets out stains.

I really like the scent of this Gain original laundry detergent. It makes your clothes smell really fresh, even after they have been put away for a short time. It has a nice, crisp and clean smell to it.

Not a fan of the smell or performance

Comments about Gain Powder Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Before I purchased my front load washer that requires HE laundry soap I bought a box of Gain to use for my laundry. I noticed that after about 5 washings of my uniform for work it began to fade. My uniform was a dark color and I never had issues before with the other brand of detergent I was using. I tried turning my clothes inside out and using less detergent. However, it was a lot of work and using half the amount left dirt and grime on my clothes. I also didn't care for the strong smell of Gain. I live in the South and during the Summer it is hot. My clothes would emit the Gain smell all day and it was annoying. I am not a fan of strong fragrances and by the end of the day I was nauseated by the smell. I guess if you are sweating the Gain smell is a plus but if you don't like fragrance then it is a definite negative. I do not recommend Gain for dark color clothing because with my experience, my darks faded while using Gain Powder Laundry Detergent.